Thread of the month- nominations

Discuss anything dealing with the Touhou: PoIR RP. Suggestions for forum improvement also go here.

Thread of the month- nominations

Postby Yukari Yakumo » 13 Jul 2013 22:49

The mods and I have it! A thread of the month thread! To explore and pierce the veil of PoIR, to find out which threads are of interest to young and old, to those near and far!

In this thread, the mods will be holding nominations for threads you think worthy of reading! Other people's threads, yours, whichever you think is entertaining, moving, amusing or in any way would be worthy of looking over!

The criteria are only that you suggest finished threads!

The mod team will peruse the threads brought up, and pick the finest to be nominated thread of the month!

Let the nominations begin!
Yukari Yakumo
Forum/IRC Moderator

Re: Thread of the month- nominations

Postby Yukari Yakumo » 19 Jul 2013 15:09

One nomination I would like to put forwards is this - perhaps self-entitled thread - When Life Gives you Lemons

With a rather odd premise of lemonade, with shocking twists, tragedy, suspense and logic puzzles and tea parties, it's something I was rather pleased at by the non- RP parts of it where both Chen and Orin took a rather unorthodox method of going about matters.

I'd give it a read for those reasons on its own, and not just for the poetry!
Yukari Yakumo
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Merlin Prismriver » 29 Jul 2013 12:48

Bit of a shame that we can only nominate finished threads. There's not many of them that I've enjoyed. Else I would have nominated Monkshood at the Shrine (which I assume isn't quite "finished" yet? Though it's certainly in a sort of epilogue). It's a lot more serious than most of the other RPs, and the players make sure that it is, and it is done well. It also has probably the best-written battle scene in PoIR, so far (then again, I admit I haven't read too many of them).

Remembering the Touch of Death is also an interesting one. Something different, and unique. It could have been something great, if it is continued.

... Should we have a Thread-that-could-have-been-great of the Month instead?

Don't really have a finished thread to show, but may I also suggest Buddhavacana, once it is (hopefully) finished? It can get a bit pompous, what with the three having fun by themselves, but it is a very enjoyable read regardless.
Merlin Prismriver
Main Character

Postby Kanako Yasaka » 30 Jul 2013 10:35

Monkshood is complete, actually.
Kanako Yasaka
Alternate Character

Postby Merlin Prismriver » 30 Jul 2013 12:44

... It is? Then by all means!
Merlin Prismriver
Main Character

Postby Murasa Minamitsu » 15 Sep 2013 20:52

Merlin Prismriver wrote:It's a lot more serious than most of the other RPs, and the players make sure that it is

This is extremely late, and I don't know if you'll see it, but I feel like I should point out that there were countless quiet jokes in that thread. I mean, yes, it absolutely was serious?

But at the same time, the 1400 word Wriggle Kick joke is only one of many there. Might have been the only one from me. Pretty sure Yuuka made a couple, and I know Reimu had a billion rather subtle ones.
Murasa Minamitsu
Alternate Character

Return to General RP Discussion