GENSOKYO MAFIA

Discuss anything and everything. Really.

Re: GENSOKYO MAFIA

Postby Kotohime » 30 May 2012 17:27

Sure, why not?
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Yuyuko Saigyouji » 30 May 2012 21:32

(Damnit Kotohime that's meant to be my spot... anyway...)

Premise
Welcome to Gensokyo P.D! The Police Department of Paradise, dedicated to methodically rooting out trouble with danmaku and tea in the name of justice.

HOWEVER.

Not all of you are sane and just. In fact, only one of you is. That one is the Sane Cop. As for the other four;

One is a Paranoid Cop, unable to believe that anybody is to be trusted. She believes every suspect is a TRAITOR.
One is a Naive Cop, too trusting for her own good. She believes every suspect is Innocent.
One is an Insane Cop, completely out of touch with reality. She believes that every suspect who is Innocent is, in fact, a Traitor, and vice versa.
And finally, one of you is a Corrupt Cop - the Traitor. She is set on bumping off the rest of the Gensokyo P.D. for unknown motives.

None of you know exactly how sane, if you are sane at all, you are - the local psychiatrist has recently gone missing. And the question is - will the Traitor be caught red-handed, or will the Gensokyo P.D. have their P blocks forcibly seized from within?

Rules
1) The game starts with a Cop Head Start on Night 0. The Mafia does not get a kill on this night.
1.5) Sanities will not be revealed on player death.
2) During the day, you may vote for one player at a time to lynch. Please put votes in bold or they won't be counted. If you are changing a vote, please put Unvote, Vote: Player (this is to make it easier for me to keep track of votes).
3) If discussion slows down or takes too long, I may set a deadline - retractable or non-retractable - as I see fit.
4) For a lynching to be successful, half, or more than half, of the votes must be on that player.
6) No Lynching is allowed.
7) Please do not PM or discuss the game elsewhere while it is running, or unless your role allows it.
8) If you're dead, please don't discuss any details relevant to the game until it's finished.
9) If you have questions, ask me in PM or in the usual double brackets at the foot of your post.
10) You may talk to me privately regarding rules and mechanics.
10.5) RPing and flavor are optional.

Role PMs:
Four people recieved:

You are a Straight Cop, but not necessarily sane. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player, and that player will be investigated, revealing a result of either Innocent or Traitor. You win when the Traitor is found and imprisoned, even if you are not currently alive in the game.

One person recieved:

You are a Corrupt Cop, the Traitor - bent on eliminating your soon-to-be-ex-comrades. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player, and the named player will be killed. You win when at least half of the living players are Corrupt, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Sanities - Quick Clarification
As you have noticed, I am using sanities in this game. Sane Cop is a vanilla cop. Insane Cop always receives an investigation result opposite to the investigatee's actual alignment. Naive Cop always recieves Innocent results, Paranoid Cop always receives Guilty results.

You will not be told your sanity. That's for you to work out ~

Players:
Alice Margatroid/Keine Kamishirasawa
Kotohime
Reimu Hakurei
Yuuka Kazami
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Alternate Character

Postby Reimu Hakurei » 30 May 2012 22:28

There is no more appropriate touhou than me. Everyone is suspicious. Down with the wirepullers!
Reimu Hakurei
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Kotohime » 30 May 2012 22:49

Reimu's so far above sanity...

Everyone is automatically guilty for her. And she's always right.

Which means...

Oh gods.

I CONFESS!
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Yuyuko Saigyouji » 03 Jun 2012 13:13

Hey! I haven't even started the game yet, don't go confessing prematurely!

On a side note, we need two more to begin.
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Alternate Character

Postby Reimu Hakurei » 08 Jun 2012 14:42

It ought not be so difficult to get five people together. C'monnn.
Reimu Hakurei
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Yuuka Kazami » 14 Jun 2012 15:45

I'll bite, you silly touhous.
Yuuka Kazami
Free Character

Postby Kotohime » 12 Sep 2012 02:57

Hey, hey, hey. Whatever happened to this?

Looks plenty dead to me, which is quite a shame. I was in the mood for some Maf-I-Aye.

So, how's about we start another game, or force Yuyuko to continue this one?
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 12 Sep 2012 03:03

The previous Yuyuko dropped and we have a new one, so forcing that might be tricky.

Anyway, I'm always up for being a sneaky, corrupt puppeteer if need be.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 14 Sep 2012 05:42

Kotohime wrote:... or force Yuyuko to continue this one?

HOW COULD YOU FORGET ME. IS IT BECAUSE I'M DEAD, OR BECAUSE I DON'T OFFICIALLY EXIST?

...Sure, why not. I'll run this if you can scrape the players together.
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Kotohime » 16 Sep 2012 05:50

I was going to run it, but if you'll do the legwork, I won't complain.

IN THAT CASE.

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE.
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 18 Sep 2012 11:39

Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Koishi Komeiji » 19 Feb 2013 01:44

WHO WANTS TO BE A MAFIAN even though it's been five months since this thread has been bumped??!!
Koishi Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Patchouli Knowledge » 19 Feb 2013 04:52

This thread is pretty huge. Maybe you should start a new thread for a different round of Mafia?
A Locked Diary: Patchouli's Secret Journal
Spellcards: Patchouli Knowledge

Patchy's IRC channel: #Patchy's_Library at irc.darkmyst.org
Patchy's PbP forum: http://ronintorch.fallenash.com
Patchouli Knowledge
Main Character

Postby Yuyuko Saigyouji » 19 Feb 2013 06:39

Koishi Komeiji wrote:WHO WANTS TO BE A MAFIAN even though it's been five months since this thread has been bumped??!!

Totes.

I might even get to (finally) run my own game.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:This thread is pretty huge. Maybe you should start a new thread for a different round of Mafia?

Hm, I think we're probably better off keeping all the Mafia in this thread, just so we don't flood Off Topic with a bunch of Mafia games.

Then again, it's not like Off Topic is particularly active.
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Alternate Character

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion