[MAFIA] Gensokyo P.D

Discuss anything and everything. Really.

Re: [MAFIA] Gensokyo P.D

Postby Mamizou Futatsuiwa » 20 Jun 2013 10:35

Normally I'm inclined to agree, but the town has a pretty tight time limit here, and it seems to me it's better to air any information any of us might have in the event that we get targeted for the night kill.
What man can truly be strong, who knows not the sea?
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Free Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 20 Jun 2013 15:12

Well, ruining that image probably isn't a bad idea, Kotohime. It tends to come off as trying to lay low and avoid attention instead. In general, the more people talk and discuss matters, the more thoroughly they're explored and the more information they present about themselves to try and sort out whether they're doing something suspicious. In general, lurking is just plain anti-town, so I'd encourage everyone to say whatever they have to say rather than keeping it quiet. It creates activity that forces the traitor to think on their feet more, creating more opportunities for slip-ups or just plain situations that have no chance of being winnable for the traitor. It also both preserves information, thoughts and perspectives that might be lost to a night kill and makes your position more believable as it isn't solely brought up to support a lynch attempt or deflect suspicion towards you. Finally it simply helps create more discussion of whatever is currently under debate.

That said, being on vacation and lacking internet is an honest matter and I hope nobody would make it up as an excuse. But in the future, try to avoid cultivating a quiet, mysterious image, it does nothing to help the town and everything to make it easier for scum to hide.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Koishi Komeiji » 20 Jun 2013 19:23

Of course, we need to make sure that we're all contributing equally; A lone traitor could just as easily engineer a whole "Everyone should speak" phase on their own and use that to push themselves into the "Well I'm town, I'm clearly trying to help" zone.

With Mafia, we're at a huge disadvantage, not knowing if the traitor is going to lay low or throw themselves out there; After we wring out the information we can get here, we need to utilize whatever reports we get tomorrow and start whittling down possibilities.

I'm not saying that attitudes and words aren't important, but right now, I don't believe we have enough to go off on a simple scumtell.
Koishi Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 20 Jun 2013 20:05

Somebody being helpful and providing real structure being scum is a definite risk, I learned that in my very first game where I had to ferret out that Rin was the scum despite being the only one who could relied on to do anything helpful. However, that doesn't change the general principle of more discussion being beneficial to the town. It just means that you can't simply say that someone working hard to be helpful and organizing things is definitely a townie or that lurkers are definitely scum.

And personally, I think that not at least trying to gather substantial behavioral data on day one will hurt our chances of making solid assessments on day two. While we can definitely whittle possibilities down some, the chances of being able to definitely tell who is scum solely based on what reports come in on day two is a risky proposition, so I think having more material to work with is better than simply waiting and hoping for the best.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Mamizou Futatsuiwa » 20 Jun 2013 20:38

I think Alice has the right of it - gathering data and jumping to conclusions are mutually exclusive. That said, I think I ought to properly throw my vote in the ring, here.

Vote - No Lynch

Money where my mouth is, and so forth.
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Free Character

Postby Mamizou Futatsuiwa » 20 Jun 2013 20:39

Not mutually exclusive, can be mutually exclusive. I'm not dumb I swear. I just play one on TV.
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Free Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 20 Jun 2013 21:48

Vote Count Two
"You Shall Adhere To Proper Procedures" Edition

Alice Margatroid: 0 Votes (Nobody), 0 FoS (Nobody)
Koishi Komeiji: 0 Votes (Nobody), 0 FoS (Nobody)
Kotohime [V/LA]: 0 Votes (Nobody), 0 FoS (Nobody)
Mamizou Futatsuiwa: 0 Votes (Nobody), 0 FoS (Nobody)
Merlin Prismriver [V/LA]: 0 Votes (Nobody), 0 FoS (Nobody)
No Lynch: 2 Votes (Koishi, Mamizou)

With five alive, it takes three to lynch.

Current Deadline: 2400 UTC, Friday 28 June
Deadline Review: 2400 UTC, Monday 24 June

Note: Both Lynches and No Lynch will end the Day upon gaining a majority vote.
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Kotohime » 21 Jun 2013 17:02

Okay, I'm back, a little earlier than expected. Huzzah.

My Internet no longer relies on the double-risk of having to steal a computer and pray that the shakes connection behaves.

Now, let's go:

@Alice: I wasn't really trying to cultivate that image, that was more of a poorly thought out joke. I just haven' been jabbering horribly much because, eh. Wasted words.

As for the "talking/no talking" thing, we're talking, by consensus. Who actually said "Let's talk" is irrelevant. I mean, not entirely irrelevant. But being overly paranoid could lead to us suspecting everyone and giving the lurker a free pass.

In any case, I really don't have any FoS. I rarely do, on Day 1. COULD THE REAL VILLAINESS PLEASE STAND UP? It'd make this easier.

Vote - No Lynch
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 21 Jun 2013 17:41

Day 1 has ended.

Votes for No Lynch were submitted by Koishi Komeiji, Mamizou Futatsuiwa, and Kotohime.

No other votes were submitted.

Night 1 has now begun.

Night Actions must be submitted by 2400 UTC, Sunday, 23 June.
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Rin Satsuki » 24 Jun 2013 06:52

Night 1 has ended.

Mamizou Futatsuiwa was killed during the Night. She was a Straight Cop.

Day 2 has now begun.
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Mamizou Futatsuiwa » 24 Jun 2013 07:26

It was a late night in the station - too late a night. Too still a night. She felt it in her water - she'd crossed a line, somewhere. Whether it was her investigation of a debatably-mad dollmaker, or the outing of a slimy poltergeist, the hopeful ignorance that let a foul Hellion run free, or her casual dismissal of proper and reasonable registration procedures that allowed Kotohime onto the force, she was staring down her last days in Gensokyo. And, as if privy to an unknown and ridiculous script, a figure arrived in her office, just as she'd expected. Just as she'd planned, just as, in some sick, twisted way, she'd hoped. A confirmation of her greatest fears, ones she'd tried to dismiss as the aching of old scars. A traitor in their midst.

With a half a bottle of sake and a pipe of stale tobacco, Detective Futatsuiwa from Sado faced her death with a joyless grin. She knew it was coming, and offered her shadowy assailant a courteous nod and a drink in the few seconds before beautiful colors flashed across the room. Puffs of smoke, barely three-dimensional, and small, animal-shaped outlines bounced madly about, but with a dogged and no-doubt-sinister purpose, the scum fired her danmaku fast and true, piercing the illusions of thousands of years in a heartbeat.

The world shattered for the intrepid detective, falling into a sudden, crystalline serenity. She didn't need to look down at her hitbox to know the hot numbness that came from a direct hit, but instead of cursing her assailant as she tumbled from her notepad-that-was-a-chair, she made one last grasp for a bottle of sake. A small comfort - the last comfort - in a world that couldn't live up to her hopes, and most dreadfully lived up to her expectations.

Her fingers brushed against it, enough to send it tumbling, draining onto her desk in the scant moments before she burst into a golden flash of scattering point icons.

Get Spell Card Bonus!
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Free Character

Postby Kotohime » 24 Jun 2013 14:45

GUYS!
I know who it is.

If the straight cop is dead, that means only the naive cop, paranoid cop, and insane cop remain.

If any of the cops get two different results, then they must be insane, and the innocent is guilty.

[My] investigation shows Alice Margatroid to be Innocent.

Alice is the traitor.
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Kotohime » 24 Jun 2013 14:51

Wait. Rule 1.5 says sanities aren't revealed.

Apologies, Alice.

Either Alice or Koishi is the traitor.

If two people received two innocent or guilty verdicts, we can determine who I am.
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 24 Jun 2013 15:59

Straight just means a cop who isn't the traitor. Also, pretty understandably you leave out the third option in what you're saying, which is that you're the traitor yourself. I imagine that everybody is aware of that and it's common to not cast doubt on your own innocence, but I thought it was worth pointing it out.

Anyway, my investigation shows Merlin Prismriver to be Innocent.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Koishi Komeiji » 24 Jun 2013 19:39

Well, I found Alice to be a Traitor.

Since my first showed Mamizou to be innocent (Which she was); The only conclusion I can come to is:

I am the regular cop, and Alice is the traitor.

Thanks for dying, Mami, you just solved it for me (Tips hat)

OF COURSE, this is only from my point of view, so for now, my (Albeit severe) FoS is upon Alice. I'm obviously not clear, so..

Could someone compile the investigations again? I'm too lazy to. :X
Koishi Komeiji
Alternate Character

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion