[MAFIA] Gensokyo P.D

Discuss anything and everything. Really.

[MAFIA] Gensokyo P.D

Postby Rin Satsuki » 10 Jun 2013 03:53

Starting a new thread, because the other one is massive and it makes looking for specific posts a pain in the posterior. You'll be doing a lot of it in this game.

Premise
Welcome to Gensokyo P.D! The Police Department of Paradise, dedicated to methodically rooting out trouble with danmaku and tea in the name of justice.

HOWEVER.

Not all of you are sane and just. In fact, only one of you is. That one is the Sane Cop. As for the other four;

One is a Paranoid Cop, unable to believe that anybody is to be trusted. She believes every suspect is a TRAITOR.
One is a Naive Cop, too trusting for her own good. She believes every suspect is Innocent.
One is an Insane Cop, completely out of touch with reality. She believes that every suspect who is Innocent is, in fact, a Traitor, and vice versa.
And finally, one of you is a Corrupt Cop - the Traitor. She is set on bumping off the rest of the Gensokyo P.D. for unknown motives.

None of you know exactly how sane, if you are sane at all, you are - the local psychiatrist has recently gone missing. And the question is - will the Traitor be caught red-handed, or will the Gensokyo P.D. have their P blocks forcibly seized from within?

Rules
1) The game starts with a Cop Head Start on Night 0. The Mafia does not get a kill on this night.
1.5) Sanities will not be revealed on player death.
2) During the day, you may vote for one player at a time to lynch. Please put votes in bold or they won't be counted. If you are changing a vote, please put Unvote, Vote: Player (this is to make it easier for me to keep track of votes).
3) If discussion slows down or takes too long, I may set a deadline - retractable or non-retractable - as I see fit.
4) For a lynching to be successful, half, or more than half, of the votes must be on that player.
6) No Lynching is allowed.
7) Please do not PM or discuss the game elsewhere while it is running, or unless your role allows it.
7.5) You may not post in this thread at Night, with exception of "introduction" posts made during Night 0.
8) If you're dead, please don't discuss any details relevant to the game until it's finished.
9) If you have questions, ask me in PM or in the usual double brackets at the foot of your post bold the question in your post. I may not answer questions that are not bolded.
10) You may talk to me privately regarding rules and mechanics.
10.5) RPing and flavor are optional.
11) You may not edit posts. If you make an error, double post.

Role PMs:
Four people recieved:

You are a Straight Cop, but not necessarily sane. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player, and that player will be investigated, revealing a result of either Innocent or Traitor. You win when the Traitor is found and imprisoned, even if you are not currently alive in the game.

One person recieved:

You are a Corrupt Cop, the Traitor - bent on eliminating your soon-to-be-ex-comrades. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player, and the named player will be killed. You win when at least half of the living players are Corrupt, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Sanities - Quick Clarification
As you have noticed, I am using sanities in this game. Sane Cop is a vanilla cop. Insane Cop always receives an investigation result opposite to the investigatee's actual alignment. Naive Cop always recieves Innocent results, Paranoid Cop always receives Guilty results.

You will not be told your sanity. That's for you to work out ~

Players, in no particular order:
Koishi Komeiji
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Merlin Prismriver
Kotohime
Alice Margatroid

Role PMs will be sent shortly have been sent. Game will commence when all five players have confirmed that they have received their PM. You may send your Night 0 investigation to me before the game starts proper, on Day 1.

Let's roll.
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Re: [MAFIA] Gensokyo P.D

Postby Mamizou Futatsuiwa » 10 Jun 2013 05:18

(PM getto~)

It was raining out, and the air hung heavy with an unmistakable pressure. An Incident was about to begin. That's what we used to call them, anyway, though you didn't see them much back where I came from. It was more...a sixth-sense that you developed, in this line. A scent in the air. A bristle at the tip of your tail. A sense of wrongness in the deepest pit of your gut.

My oldest friend's lips pressed softly against mine. A girl I'd known since my first days on the force, a sweet, tiny little thing that knew how to make the pain go away. But she was no help, today. A few bitter drops hit my tongue, then a whole mouthful of disappointment. ...Another bad sign. Gave my gourd a look of disgust and set it down on my desk. Then, for the tenth time tonight, I stared my whole life down.

Sake bottles - countless empty sake bottles - padded by soft, green leaves. ...The leaves were my second-oldest friend, though not these specifically. You could take everything a man had with leaves like this. Didn't have to take his breath away, either. It was easy - easier than I could handle, some days - to take away his freedom. His friends. His family. His love. You could steal his life without killing him, and I'd done it before. I'd taken...I'd stolen more lives than I could count, anymore.

Didn't take much to get away with it, see. Didn't even need to make an excuse to hang a man in Sado.

Old Sado. An island with a dark history - a land of criminals, or so they'd tell you. The home of beggars and monsters painted black by the government. Men whose crime was being alive and on the street when some rich bastard in the palace needed some slave labor, and men whose only misstep in life was to be inconvenient to the wrong person at the wrong time.

We didn't think about it, back then. We hung who we were told to hang. 'Let the kami sort 'em out', we'd say. It didn't sit right with me. It never sat right with me. But nobody cared. Nobody else cared. And when I tried to do something about it...

When I tried to do something about it, I ended up with a gohei to the back of my head. Dirty rag stuffed in my mouth. Arms tied tight with an old, scratchy rope, and sitting on a boat, facing down the Sea of Japan. The Sea of Japan, that picked its teeth with bigger boats than this one, that would swallow the Buddha for smiling at it on a windy day. The second-biggest son of a bitch in Sado.

...The first was the girl who arranged for my 'transfer'. Called it a kindness - I was working too hard. Getting worn out. Getting old. That's when I understood what it meant to be a cop. People like Houjuu - people that stopped seeing the faces of friends and civilians as anything other than big, fat ryo coins - were the real cops now. She was right. I was too old. Too outdated. Didn't understand what my place was, anymore.

My name is Detective Futatsuiwa, the only person to be exiled from the Prisoners' Island, Sado. And I hope to the kami that this place is better.
What man can truly be strong, who knows not the sea?
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Free Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 10 Jun 2013 13:16

For the rule about needing at least half of all votes to lynch somebody, I presume that in cases where there are an even number of players and it's a tie, the answer is neither unless somebody moves or drops their vote.

Also, I will be using Alice. Too much of a bother to switch accounts for the game.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 10 Jun 2013 14:21

Alice Margatroid wrote:For the rule about needing at least half of all votes to lynch somebody, I presume that in cases where there are an even number of players and it's a tie, the answer is neither unless somebody moves or drops their vote.

If lynch votes are tied, I will set a deadline. If that deadline passes without the tie being broken, the day will end with a No Lynch.

Shouldn't be a problem unless the second day begins with four players.

Cops: as this is currently Night 0, make sure to send in your investigations for Night 0..
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Koishi Komeiji » 12 Jun 2013 18:33

(Consider your PM received)

Alright girls, the human lie detector is on the case `-`
Koishi Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 12 Jun 2013 18:34

So is the puppeteer. A large number of dolls combing the site for evidence should be of help.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Merlin Prismriver » 13 Jun 2013 00:49

So who's the nutter who decide to employ a cop like Merlin? She's no cop, just a street performer. Always being carried by the wind with those music of hers. Mad, loud insanity in the shape of songs. Hardly investigator material. Have you been to that mansion she and her sisters call home? For the mentally unprepared, it is the most horrific of dreams.

No, really. With a cop like Merlin in your office, you'd all rather have a party than to fight crime. Unless crime just happen upon your doorstep. In which case said crime will probably just join in on the fun, anyway. There's no case with a cop like Merlin, just fun and music.

It might brighten you detectives' day, though. Investigating murder cases and chasing after mobs - of the evil kind not the angry kind - must be pretty tiring. Afterward, you can just relax in your office, listen to the music, and considering the trumpeter's taste in it, you'll be up and ready to rumble afterward. Oh, hey, her music's useful for something after all.

The poltergeist is on the case. And contrary to however narrate that opening, Merlin's more useful that just a party-goer. She can, uhh, fly! And control inanimate objects! And be noisy! And whatever it is that's a poltergeist's good at.
Merlin Prismriver
Main Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 13 Jun 2013 02:37

I believe we just need the, uh, policewoman then. Kinda awkward in a game where we're all police officers.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Kotohime » 14 Jun 2013 08:04

THE SUPER-PERFECT WONDERCOP ARRIVES!

Huh? Wait, everyone's already here?

Dammit! I could've sworn the meeting time was 6:30.

Or maybe you're all just here early.

Kinda like a conspiracy.

Hmm...
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 14 Jun 2013 08:33

Night 0 has ended.

Day 1 has now begun.
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Kotohime » 14 Jun 2013 09:34

Glumly, the policeprincess sighs, looking around. Everyone else is chatting in their own groups, and she's left out. Again. It was always the same, really. "No, Kotohime, you're not a real police officer, go away," or "Beat it, kid! We've got crimes to solve!" Stupid, all of them. Just because they were 'legitimate officers' or 'actually solving crimes' (whatever that meant), they thought they could treat her like garbage! It was unfair, that's what it was! She had every right to be here, even if she had never actually been officially recognized by anyone besides herself. It wasn't about some stupid badge, or... or... or the power to actually arrest someone! It was about wanting to help, and beat up bad guys!

Looking at her invitation again, she double checked the time. It said 6:30, plain as day. Something wasn't right.

"ATTENTION, EVERYONE!" she screamed, "I THINK SOMETHING'S GOING ON HERE!"

She waited a moment, realized nobody was paying attention, and stormed up to one of the people she actually recognized, that weird recluse puppeteer. Hopefully she'd listen, so the Mystery of the Incorrect Invitation Time could be solved.
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Merlin Prismriver » 14 Jun 2013 11:05

What do you mean, not paying attention? Merlins ears heard it loud and clear. You know, being a musician and stuffs. Ears fine-tuned to hearing any sound at all. And, and... uhh...

Flavours are optional, ain't it? Because I'm stuck. See, Merlin? This is what happen if you keep ignoring your narrator to play the trumpet instead.
Merlin Prismriver
Main Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 14 Jun 2013 11:52

Merlin Prismriver wrote:Flavours are optional, ain't it?

Yes.

Rule Amendment: Questions to the mod should now be bolded to explicitly indicate that they are addressed at me, rather than placed in double brackets. This affects Rule 9).
Rule Addition: You may not edit posts. If you make an error, double post. This is now Rule 11).
Rule Addition: You may not post in this thread at Night, with exception of "introduction" posts made during Night 0. This is now Rule 7.5).
Public Service Announcement: Everything I type in red, the OP, or PMs is true.

Your mod is forgetful and due to having written this scenario up several months ago, has forgotten to fully revise the rules in preparation for this game. She apologizes for the inconvenience, and thanks you for your patience.

By the way, she also reserves all rights to blatantly lie through her teeth outside of the three cases outlined in the Public Service Announcement.
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Alice Margatroid » 14 Jun 2013 14:13

Sitting among the rest of the cops, wearing a neatly pressed, pristine uniform was a certain puppeteer, back up by small dolls, each in its own tiny uniform like a British police officer, complete with the silly helmets. "Obviously something is, but shouting about it probably isn't going to help. We need to actually think about how to deal with it."

Okay, so let's see. Most of us are insane in some manner, we don't know who and since it is unlikely that anybody got investigated by more than one of two people, our discoveries are essentially useless at the moment. They'll mount over the coming nights and help paint a more complete picture, but for now they really don't say much of anything. Which in turn means that all we have to work with is our deductive skills to ferret out who seems suspicious, which of course means we need to get talking for now.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Mamizou Futatsuiwa » 14 Jun 2013 14:45

A certain tired-looking tanuki made a place for herself to sit near the hustle and bustle, wrapped in an old, dusty trenchcoat, seeming to eschew her uniform entirely. For a moment or twenty she seemed happy to smoke and listen, but as the foreign girl with the doll entourage spoke up, so too did she, with a long, smoky exhale.

Glad somebody else's on the trolley, Blondie. I may have found out a couple of things that we may all need to sit and think over, but for now, we need to make sure nobody's leapin' from points to conclusions - that means put your ropes away, sprouts. Any of you kids want to lead off the Traitor Extermination Parade?
What man can truly be strong, who knows not the sea?
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Free Character

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion