Touhou Hug-Canon Thread

Discuss anything and everything. Really.

Touhou Hug-Canon Thread

Postby Lyrica Prismriver » 09 Jun 2013 02:48

Alright, so on the IRC, I brought up the idea of 'what if my character, Kaerea, were a canon Touhou character'. The idea is that, my character (7-tailed fox, similar to Ran but independent, not a shikigami, loves to snuggle/cuddle/hug/glomp/etc people) would have the ability to make people happy. Not in a drug sort of way, but just a general good-spirited feeling. However, he has about as much luck with the main cast of the series as Kogasa does scaring/surprising the majority of the playable cast. So, we went through some examples of what would happen if Kaerea were to hug various characters in the Touhou canon.

ITT, you guys say how your character would react, based on how you play them. I hope we can get some funny situations here!
Lyrica Prismriver
Free Character

Re: Touhou Hug-Canon Thread

Postby Yukari Yakumo » 10 Jun 2013 20:10

There'd be plenty a look of mystery at the Yakumo household.

Quite possibly some snark about what Ran had brought back to the house, and for what reason-! Or possibly that Shikigami getting rather jealous!
Yukari Yakumo
Forum/IRC Moderator

Re: Touhou Hug-Canon Thread

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 18 Jun 2013 02:33

As simple as this idea is, I'm more than willing to make it more complex in a series of what--ifs and pointless realism.

So let's start by ringing in the details by a series of questions.

Bachelor on- I mean Question 1: Is this just walking up on a complete stranger and hugging them or did you get to know them first?

Question 2: Are you just throwing yourself onto the unknown maiden or do you make sure they notice you?

Question 3: Are you using your ability as a passive or is it channeled, if so, can the powers be noticed?

Question 4: are you using any charm if you are trying to swoon for a hug or just relying on the powers themselves?
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Return to Off Topic Discussion