A Locked Diary: Patchouli's Secret Journal

Character journals, spellcards and sample apps are posted here.

Postby Patchouli Knowledge » 27 Oct 2010 08:48

Unmoving Great Library
Patchouli Knowledge
Main Character

Now that I have filled up the pages of my last journal completely and archived it for safekeeping, it is time to start writing in a new one. Let us see now... in all of my previous journals, I have always written a foreword of some kind. Ever since I began my first journal, so many decades ago, I have always used the foreword of each volume recording my life as an intermission upon which I reflect and summarize who I already am, and who I intend to be in the future.

Who am I now? My old name is long gone from me now, buried in the depths of my earliest memories, and the journal which contains them. Instead, I am Patchouli Knowledge, scholar and archmage, specialized in the study of elemental magic. Not just mastery in one or two elements, but seven. Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, Sun and Moon. Each element is tied to the following attributes:

• Wood - life and awakening,
  • Fire - change and movement,
  • Earth - foundation and constancy,
  • Metal - wealth and abundance,
  • Water - silence and purification,
  • Sun - activeness and offense,
  • Moon - passiveness and defense.

As one can imagine, having all seven of these elements makes for a versatile magician indeed. Certain schools of thought also categorize all matter under one of the first five elements, so with that in mind, there is theoretically nothing physical that I cannot manipulate with my will. Of course, this level of mastery is unachievable if one is not what I am, a magician youkai. Magic fills my soul, such that I can develop any form of magic that I desire, if I were to study it. This versatility and adaptability is my kind's only advantage, a strength that we are required to cultivate if we are to stand on our own against the more innately formidable types of youkai. I dabble in other forms of magic as well, such as demonology, but my signature spells are all elemental in nature.

Who do I intend to be in the future? Here in Gensokyo, I have encountered more types of youkai and other supernatural beings in the span of a few years than I have ever encountered while living on the other side of the Hakurei barrier for countless decades. I have easily established a name for myself as a well-known magician of great power, and yet there exists at least one other youkai who's power is greater than my own, or even that of my ally and protector, the Scarlet Devil. Furthermore, my pride still stings at the defeat that I have suffered at the hands of the Hakurei shrine maiden herself, as well as a no-account human witch who's reckless practice of magic she can barely control is an insult to all others who study the art.

While I live and breathe, I cannot let this stand. In coming to Gensokyo, I have seen things that have motivated me to set my sights upon loftier goals. I cannot not only be the most powerful magician in Gensokyo, but I have to be the most powerful youkai. Nothing must stop me from reaching this goal. Absolutely nothing.
Spellcards: Patchouli Knowledge

Patchy's IRC channel: #Patchy's_Library at irc.darkmyst.org
Patchy's PbP forum: http://ronintorch.fallenash.com
Patchouli Knowledge
Main Character

Re: A Locked Diary: Patchouli's Secret Journal

Postby Patchouli Knowledge » 27 Oct 2010 08:54

Table of Contents

Patchouli Knowledge
Main Character

Re: A Locked Diary: Patchouli's Secret Journal

Postby Patchouli Knowledge » 27 Oct 2010 09:44

Relationships

(Note: This section will be rewritten eventually.)

Patchouli Knowledge
Main Character

Return to Character Library