Character Journal: Tokiko

Character journals, spellcards and sample apps are posted here.

Character Journal: Tokiko

Postby Tokiko » 11 Aug 2010 18:58

Tokiko

My name is Tokiko. I'm an ibis youkai who was raised by humans in the village in secret until they passed away. I've moved on to live in Gensokyo, making sure to keep myself away from danger as much as I can and avoid freakishly powerful mikos and witches who would harm me for no particular reason. I enjoy reading and studying the outside world through the books that make their way across the border. Researching events in Gensokyo is something I'm also very interested in.
Tokiko
Free Character

Re: Character Journal: Tokiko

Postby Tokiko » 11 Aug 2010 21:04

The people I now know

Rinnosuke Morichika- H-he's.. someone I look up to.. and admire and respect.. and think highly of. He can be kinda cold to me sometimes and has called me an 'it' before.. I know he didn't mean it though. Despite our arguments I still consider him my best friend.. even if its only a friend........
Tenshi Hinani- She was at Rinnosuke's shop.. I don't really know much about her though..
Kurumi- Another customer I saw at Rinnosuke's shop. I didn't get to talk to her though.
Kogasa Tatara- Another customer I don't know very well... Keine nd I want to use her in an experiment but I wonder how she'll react?
Mima- I met her in the forest when I was lost... she doesn't have a very good reputation and was rather cruel to me when we met. I'm not sure what to think though.. I was really surprised she didn't try to hurt me.
Keine Kamishirasawa- Keine came to help me in the forest when I was being bullied. She seems like she means well. We met later then when I was reading in the plains and was attacked by a cat. After an incident she started to act differently towards me, i'm not really sure what she thinks of me though..
Tewi Inaba- She came along in the forest as well. She's a very strange youkai, I can't tell if she's being nice and genuine or not..
Satori Komeiji- I met her while on a trip up youkai mountain. She's a little scary since she's a satori and can read people's minds.. she doesn't seem to be to bad though...
Sanae Kochiya- I ran into her on youkai mountain as well. She's a lot more refined and pleasant than another miko who shall not be named!
Ichirin Kumoi- S-she has this cloud thing! It has a face! It.. she.. SHE'S SCARY!
Hieda no Akyuu- Akyuu is a very sweet and kind girl. She's a little clumsy at times but I look up to her and the knowledge she has about Gensokyo. She even offered to let me be part of her family too! I really appreciated that, I'm very glad I got to know her. I even got to sleep over at her house too!
Meira- Meira is also my sister. She's a little scary for a human but she's had a troubled past apparently.. I hope I can be of help to her.
Cirno- She's an idiot! She comes up with all these stupid ideas! I can't believe she gets away with some of the things she tries....
Wriggle Nightbug- She came along with Cirno.. I think they're friends.. which makes her dumb too..
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu- She helped me with trying to present a case against the Hakurei maiden. She's... very nice.... but I embarrassed myself terribly in front of her. She probably hates me now..
Kanako Yakasa- She was running an event that I could've won a miracle at!! The damn snakes got in the way though and stopped us from completing the event!
Suika Ibuki- She was at the festival as well.. I think she's mad at me for convincing an oni to help me during the event...
Reimu Hakurei- um.. "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.." my parents taught me that....
Ellen- She's a very.. energetic person who I met while reading books in the plains one day. I think because of her magic and a special book I found her, myself and Keine all switched personalities for a little while. I started feeling a lot different even after we got switched back. Maybe some of her energy transferred to me?
Marisa Kirisame- An annoying annoying human who always gets in my way! She even tried to stop me when I was helping Rinnosuke while he was sick! Can you believe the nerve of this girl!?
Luize- She came to Kurindou while Rinnosuke was sick. I did my best to fill in and help but ended up being rather embarrassed by something she said.
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 12:08

Graveyard Shift

I finally got the nerve to go into Kurindou again after being beaten up by that witch and her bossy friend, the miko. I wanted to get some new books from Rinnosuke but here were a bunch of people there and I got nervous. Since when are there so many people there that late at night! I ended up leaving the shop feeling angry though.. I didn't get the book I was looknig for plus Rinnosuke called me 'it'. It was rather cruel of him...
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 12:17

In Search of Anything

I got lost in the bamboo forest after having an argument with some faeries in the forest. It was rather scary to be there so late at night, especially considering who I ran into! I never thought Mima would be in the forest! fortunately Keine came to try and help me but after that things got even more frightening. A rabbit from Eientei joined us and insisted in looking in my book! MY BOOK!! It has all my personal thoughts and feelings written in it,! I only conceded to let her actually take a look at one page so she'd give Mima her weapon back, the rabbit was turning out to be very scary when she held it...
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 12:27

A High mountain and a Windy Heart

I had decided to travel up to Youkai mountain to visit the Moriya shrine. I heard they were originally from outside the border! Along the way I came across a lady named Satori, which is a little weird since that's what she is too. With her was the miko from the Moriya shrine. I wanted to get to talk to them more but a lady with this huge cloud thing came by! I tried to hide but that wasn't enough.. I ended up running away. I still wish to return to visit the shrine some day...
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 12:45

Questions About the Past

Since Akyuu is known for the wealth of information she has on Gensokyo. I decided to travel to her house and see if I could pinpoint my own origin, since it was a mystery even to myself. Meira had joined me in visiting her as well. Before we got to go in though that idiotic faerie crashed into the house thinking she could ride ice through the forest without hitting anything, I mean seriously how dumb of an idea is that?!

Fortunately she left soon after and I was able to find out about my origins. I wasn't pleased with what I heard but it is the only logical conclusion that it is how I came into being. I had hoped for a more glorious history but I am unique in my heritage so I have that at the very least. Meira seemed to have quite an issue with the family she has, so Akyuu had suggested that we be sister. It was a wonderful change in events from the earlier portion of the day. I finally feel welcome somewhere...
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 12:56

Desire for Justice

I had gathered a lot of information to try and present a case against the Hakurei maiden and took it to Shikieiki to see if I could get her to act against her. Unfortunately for me it was very hard to convince her that I had a viable case against her. I spent a long time getting testimonies and information from various residents of Gensokyo so I pushed to have her hear me out. We went into her quarters to make up a lecture for her, and it became a little awkward during that time, she got to look in my book and she had touched my hand as well. It was difficult to feel normal after all that but we did get the lecture finished to deliver to that accursed miko.
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 13:09

Yamadashi no Matsuri

A festival where I could win a miracle! I wasn't about to let this pass me up so I convinced a large oni that I was a princess and that he should help me with this contest. At first I thought my only competition would be that silly faerie.. but then Suika showed up. I think she was mad about me trying to trick an oni. I did promise him that I'd give him a reward for helping me though!! Unfortunately the festival got broken up by some enormous snakes stopped us from completing the festival.
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 13:14

Holding Court

Well.. I tried to explain my case to Reimu... but I really should have asked her about all of the incidents first before I actually did all of this. I made a fool of myself this day and Shikieiki probably hates me now...
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 13:31

Sokrates, Where are you?!

I had gotten ahold of some new books and went to the plains to read them in peace. Unfortunately I was attacked by a black cat while I was trying to read. Fortunately Keine and a girl named Ellen came to help me from the little monster. During this though I lost one of the new books I was reading, that little beast made mt throw it pretty far too. Ellen had found the book in the grass but then something strange happened and there was this huge flash of light.

After that I woke up and felt.. different. Everything was just so wonderful and it felt like nothing in the whole world could get me down no matter what happened. We figured out that it may have had something to do with the book and we all focused our magic into it a second time. We all went back to normal after that, but still I feel different after that encounter...
Tokiko
Free Character

Postby Tokiko » 14 Aug 2010 13:48

A Little Reading is Fine Too

Keine invited me to come over to her home after everything that happened with Ellen in the plains. I was a little apprehensive at first but Keine has been very kind to me in the past so I took her up on the offer. She cooked dinner for me that night and we talked about books and even started planning to do a book of our own! She also gave me this drink called coffee... I found a new drink I really enjoy...
Tokiko
Free Character

Return to Character Library