Character Diary: Izayoi Sakuya

Character journals, spellcards and sample apps are posted here.

Character Diary: Izayoi Sakuya

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 10 Aug 2010 18:52

Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

What motivates your character? What do they have as long term goals, even vague ones?
Sakuya is motivated almost exclusively by her loyalty to Mistress Remillia. This includes being driven to take care of the needs of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's residents, making sure the mansion itself is properly taken care of, cleaned and such, and that certain unwanted guests are kept outside the walls of the mansion.

As for long-term goals, one would have to suppose that Sakuya simply wishes to serve Remllia until the day she is no longer needed. Beyond that, any goals Sakuya has are being kept to herself.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Re: Character Diary: Izayoi Sakuya

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 21 Mar 2011 06:30

Relationships

• Remilia Scarlet -- My mistress. It is Remilia Scarlet I have followed for many years as a servant; and throughout all of it, I have no regrets at all. Although I had not intended for it to be permanent service originally, her grace, charisma, and bearing taught me much about the truth of 'monsters' in this world. My life without her is naught more then a hollow truth. I will continue to pay my attention to her as the Scarlet Devil as long as I still draw breadth.

---
  • Flandre Scarlet -- The 'Dirty Secret' of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Sakuya has attended to her for as long as she has Remilia; bringing her meals during the day, often playing with her, and taking the responsibility of watching over her very seriously. She sees Flandre, and always has, as Remilia's sister. The casual confidence, the cool authority is still there; but unlike Remilia, she also sees that it is often just a skin-deep veneer. She supports Remilia's attempts to acclimate her more to the outside world; and focuses on watching over her, providing a good example of proper behavior without instructing at all, and making certain that no incident comes of this.
  • Patchouli Knowledge -- The bookworm who has taken up residence in the bottom of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. As the honored friend and permanent guest of Remilia, even regardless of their own personal relationship, the One-Week-Wizard is already afforded a great deal of respect. With her, her calm demeanor and intense focus on her tasks, whether it is increasing the dimensions of the already expansive library or serving midday tea, she gets along quite well with her, avoiding personality clashes.
  • Koakuma -- As the librarian of the Voile Library and Patchouli's personal servant, Koakuma has more respect from Sakuya then she perhaps realizes. Sakuya is intimately familiar with the sheer size of the task under Koakuma's jurisdiction, and has always been quite thankful for Koakuma's assumption of the responsibilities in watching over it, allowing her to spend more of her own personal efforts on Remilia Scarlet.
  • Hong Meiling -- The relationship between the Gatekeeper and the Maid is perhaps the most confusing of the one with all the Scarlet Devil Mansion residents. As a fellow servant, Sakuya often finds Meiling's efforts lacking. She does not truly expect Meiling to ever stop Marisa's constant raids, but she would like at the least to see the frequency of her naps decrease to a number below zero. Still, on the rare occasions that Meiling is actually free and not working, Sakuya does at least envy the ease that Meiling displays, although certainly not as much as Remilia's poise.
  • Hourai -- An interesting doll, showing a surprising amount of free will for an independent construct. A testement to the puppeteer Alice Margatroid's skill. A friend of Young Mistress Flandre, and who intends to go out on a playdate with her some day. I hope that Young Mistress Flandre does not break her...
  • Kogasa Tatara -- A trickster umbrella-toting youkai who snuck her way into the Scarlet Devil Mansion. She paniced when discovered, but was it simply an act? She managed to escape right underneath the gaze of myself and Remilia, and later gave my mistress the slip a second time. I will have to remember to treat her with more care and respect then the minor spirit I first took her as.
  • Lyrica Prismriver -- Usually a wonderful musician, I do not begrudge the time Lyrica and her sister's practice echo throughout the mansion. However, I must confess, again, I may have underestimated a 'minor' youkai; her ability to move through walls means that she is terrifyingly difficult to chase down. Later, she will need to be taken to task for the damages she caused in her escape.
  • Letty Whiterock -- A yuki-onna, a beautiful spirit of the winter cold. She seemed a bit on the playful side back during the Spring incident, but is another one of those youkai who seems to have trouble taking things seriously. She conducted herself well at the Christmas gathering, however, raising my measure of her a rank above other such playful youkai.
  • Fujiwara no Mokou -- While uncouth in appearance and demeanor, surprisingly practiced in the arts of gift-giving, by bequeathing upon my Mistress quite a unique gift - her own blood. In acknowledgement of this, despite her other shortcomings, I shall have to continue to welcome her to the mansion...as long as she understands the rules of basic hygeine.
  • Keine Kamishirasawa -- One of the invades of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Since then, the were-hakutaku has shown a much calmer and appropriate demeanor - perhaps the Lunar Cycle simply throw her into disarray? At any event, the historian needs to be watched carefully, despite a usually benign appearance, for possibilities of the earlier extreme actions.
  • Orange -- Seems almost as though a little sister to Hong Meiling, our gate guardian. A similar manner of dress, of appearance, and even of general helplessness in face of extreme conflict. ...Well, she's particularly helpless. But she does try, and seems to be taken advantage of easily. Remember her gullibility.
  • Rumia -- A glutton only rivalled by the notorious mistress of Hagukyorou. Be very careful of letting her near the kitchen. She is the most likely cause of the Christmas Gingerbread Incident. Even if it cannot be proven, be careful of food left near her.
  • Tenshi Hinanai -- An idiot. Unlike the fairy of the lake, an idiot with strength. Metallic weakness yet to be determined, but most knives just blunt themselves on her, like an oni.
  • Marisa Kirisame -- A thief and a renegage, if an ordinary human like me. Is prone to using extreme force in even mundane circumstances. And for the moment, for whatever reason - likely challenging herself - has decided to place herself as a maid under my patronage. The following month should be very enjoyable. Note to self: Send her to clean Flandre's room regularly.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 21 Mar 2011 14:16

Thread Diary

[I'm starting from 'Scarlet Encore' as that is when I took control of Sakuya; and a purpose of this as much as any other, is to show what was going on in Sakuya's head during these threads. In the future, someone may attempt to more ambitious project of adding entries for earlier threads, or trying to bribe the old Sakuya into doing so.]
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 30 May 2011 04:06

Scarlet Encore

Two intruders broke into the mansion today; it was early dawn, as Lady Remilia was preparing to rest and go to bed. Today was an important lesson for me; one of the two youkai was unknown, but the other was a singular member of the Prismriver Quarter, and both were clearly lower-class youkai. However, while Remilia and myself cornered them, both of them managed to slip away; the poltergeist can slip through both walls and floors, exhausting even my ability to pursue, and the other youkai emlpoyed some manner of deception cunning enough even to fool Milady. I must learn and remember that even lower-class youkai may have powerful abilities.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 30 May 2011 04:11

A Change in Wardrobe

Simply incomprehensible! One would think that a noble hermit who has lived as long as Milady would own at least one dress sufficiently presentable for a ball. Fortunately, the Scarlet Devil's preparations are infinite, and so were my own tailoring skills. Three guests in all showed up without suitable garb; the hermit was the first, but the second was a young girl who looked almost as though she could be our guard's daughter. I will have to inquire with her. The last was the yukionna I recall encountering during the Spring incident; she was rather well-mannered and quite a suitable guest.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 30 May 2011 04:17

A Fireside Chat

A rainy evening meant Remilia kept inside, curling up with a book, while myself and Meiling dried ourselves out from the rain in the fire room. She really must avoid falling asleep quite so easily, but on a night like this, exceptions can be made. Warm cocoa is also very nice on cold, wet nights.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 23 Jan 2012 23:51

Expansive Librarium Restoration

Once again, Lady Patchouli ran out of room for all of her books. Plus the allowances made for 'acquisitions' made by the Black-and-White, this meant a rather tiring afternoon of using my powers of spatial expansion on the library. Unfortunately, the foolish Koakuma sat on a pillar, resulting in her and Patchoul both moving during the spatial warping. Fortunately, neither was relocated to neighboring galaxies, nor did the library collapse.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 23 Jan 2012 23:54

A Maid, a Bunny, and a Hakutaku enter a Noodle Shop

Strange. Where is the bunny? At any rate, a surprisingly enjoyable Japanese-style meal focusing on noodles was shared with the Hakutaku while I was delayed on a shopping errand by the imperfections of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's suppliers. Within her own home territory, she showed surprising decorum and dignity, as well as knowledge about food, compared to earlier encounters. Perhaps I will return to have tea with her again one day, if my Mistress desires it.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 23 Jan 2012 23:55

A Hero's Plan: Vampire Extermination!

An extremely unfortunate moment for myself. I was inadequately prepared for the assault upon our front gate by a Celestial and Oni in unison, and blunted most of my knives attempting to damage them during their assault. As painful as it is to admit, I have failed my mistress in being unable to drive them off personally. But given the opponents, Meiling should not be reprimanded for failing against such a duo, even if my own standard is higher.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 23 Jan 2012 23:57

Scarlet Leaves

The Scarlet Devil Mansion has been extraordinarily blessed today. One of the goddesses of Autumn, Shizuha Aki, has decided to visit our mansion to observe our garden and to learn of seasonal recipes from myself. Her attentions will surely improve the quality of our garden; and furthermore, Mistress Remilia would greatly desire to be able to have a Goddess for company. I will continue to treat this visitor with the dignity and respect that she deserves, second only to my Mistress.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 24 Jan 2012 00:01

What Makes a Maid?

For once, I find myself almost at a loss. The black-and-white magician, the spirit of chaos and whimsy, wishes to apply herself as a maid? To work long hours and clean? To obey orders absolutely? To accept her place as a lesser to the noble race of vampires? I shall have to test her thoroughly to ensure that this is not simply a half-hearted effort, but even in the case of failure, she has given me leave to re-acquire tomes of Patchouli's once stolen from her collection. I shall try her thoroughly.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 24 Jan 2012 00:03

Scarlet Devil Sleepover

An experiment at an unusual type of party. Unlike usual, it was hosted by me personally, instead of Mistress Remilia. A group of people gather together with the intention of spending the entire night, enjoying each other's companies, telling stories on a personal level, and eventually changing into nightgowns before all sleeping in the same room, relaxing and lowering the barriers of propriety in the favor of personal engagement. It went rather well; but if I intend to do it again, I should be careful of inviting quite so many people at once. Certainly, even old conflicts, such as the tension between oni and tengu, seemed relaxed in this environment. And...Milady is exceptionally cute in her nightgown.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Return to Character Library