Character Journal: Kaguya Houraisan

Character journals, spellcards and sample apps are posted here.

Character Journal: Kaguya Houraisan

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 10 Aug 2010 17:08

Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character
Manipulation of eternity and the ephemeral. Can prevent change by, basically, stretching a moment of time into eternity and can also act in extremely short, near-instantaneous periods of time. However, these abilities are rarely seen used.

Entering the princess' room in Eientei, you come across a number of old-looking and identical books sitting on a shelf. Upon closer inspection, while the books appear old, they are themselves oddly untouched by time; their pages are not yellowed or frayed along the edges and the binding is tight. No, they look new, yet old, at the same time. It is almost as if something, or someone, was protecting the books from the rigors of time. With your curiosity getting the better of you, you decide to take one of the books down and quickly flip through a few pages to see what it contains. Greeting you within the mysterious codex is a very elegant script, distinctly feminine and each stroke perfectly written. As you thumb through the pages, it becomes apparent that this (And likely the other books with it) is a diary kept by the lunar princess herself, its pages filled nearly full with Kaguya's thoughts and feelings on events dating back several years...
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Re: Character Journal: Kaguya Houraisan

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 19 Aug 2010 17:01

Relationships

(in no particular order, and likely with a few missing:)

• Eirin Yagokoro -- Well, what can I say about Eirin? She has been my loyal adviser, teacher, friend and all-around constant companion for as long as I can remember. She is the one that helped me to become immortal, and she became so herself just to stay with me (OOC note: Kaguya honestly has no idea whether Eirin is immortal or not, from what we know in canon; I believe she only assumes so.). Eirin is very dedicated.
  • Reisen U. Inaba -- A Moon Rabbit that joined Eirin, Tewi and I here at Eientei about half a century ago, I think. She apparently fled the Moon during another war. Despite having abandoned the Moon, she's very loyal to us here, and she tries her best to be useful. I tend to think of her as my pet... but she's rather intelligent. Eirin has even taught her a good deal about medicine and the like, and she has actually ran the clinic while Eirin was busy before. She's fun to tease.
  • Tewi Inaba -- Tewi is the leader of the rabbits of Earth. She is also perhaps the most laid-back and carefree leader I have ever seen. Regardless, she's really fun and enjoys playing pranks. I get bored here at Eientei sometimes, but all it takes is running into Tewi before I'm having some fun again. She also enjoys teasing Reisen.
  • Fujiwara no Mokou -- Mokou... As it turns out, she is the daughter of one of the suitors I met long ago when I first came to Earth. She somehow acquired the Hourai Elixir and became immortal like me. She seems to have quite a grudge against me; we fight each other nearly every chance we get. I don't really mind, though. The battles are certainly a good distraction, at the very least.
  • Keine Kamishirasawa -- A hakutaku who is good friends with Mokou, and also has a school in the human village. She's nice, and well-mannered. Star Sapphire and I once received her assistance for a prank.
  • Wriggle Nightbug -- An insect youkai who I think I have seen around the Bamboo Forest before, and she was at Yuka's Tea Party as well. I have yet to really speak with her, though.
  • Suika Ibuki -- This is the little Oni that showed up at Eientei some time ago, asking for help with being princess-like. I don't know her all that well yet, but she seemed fun, so hopefully that will change.
  • Yuuka Kazami -- A youkai who apparently really likes sunflowers. Her home is surrounded by them. I was invited to a tea party she hosted. It was a fun party, but Yuka fell asleep not long after it started, and everyone just sort of left soon afterwards, ending it prematurely. She gave me some nice tea and cake before passing out, so it wasn't a total loss.
  • Medicine Melancholy -- A doll youkai who I believe I've seen Eirin talking to before. I had a chance to speak to her myself at Yuka's tea party... and she was surprisingly rude! I'm no "freeloader"! I'll have to watch for her in the future so I can give her a piece of my mind.
  • Mugetsu -- Another person I met at Yuka's tea party. She and her sister, Gengetsu, apparently live in and rule over their own dream world or something. Sounds interesting, but I don't know much about that. I'd like to get to know her and her sister better, so maybe I can see these dream world myself at some point.
  • Gengetsu -- Mugetsu's sister who was with her at the tea party. These two are a lot alike, as far as I know. Not much else to say.
  • Suwako Moriya -- A small girl I ran into at the tea party. She has an odd hat. Everyone there seemed to treat her with a lot of respect, so she is obviously someone of importance. As it turns out, she is a goddess! I, unfortunately, wasn't able to learn much more about her before the party's impromptu ending, though. I hope to remedy that in the future. Establishing good relations with one of Gensokyo's goddesses could be beneficial.
  • Sunny Milk -- One of Star Sapphire's sisters. I don't really know enough about her to say much more than that.
  • Luna Child -- The other fairy sister. Again, not much to say.
  • Star Sapphire -- A fairy that, surprisingly, looks a lot like me, albeit smaller. She wanted to see what it was like to be a princess, and we decided to switch places for a day, I would impersonate her and have some fun with her sisters while she would pretend to be me.
  • Shikieiki Yamaxanadu -- The Judge of Paradise. I have only had a fairly brief encounter with the Yama thus far, though I can say she seems quite like what one would expect someone of such a position to be like... excluding this odd relationship she seems to have with that bucket youkai, Kisume. I would like to speak with her more in the future, though I understand it may be somewhat awkward for the Yama to deal with an immortal such as myself.
  • Shingyoku -- ((Thread ongoing))
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 14:15

Onihime

Imagine that. An oni coming to Eientei and asking for tutoring on behaving like a princess. Of course,I have much I can show someone on how to be refined and beautiful, But... an oni... Well, at least she was cooperative. It does seem I was fairly successful in the end, though. The oni, whose name is Suika, told me that she had had a bit of trouble with a certain vampire, though I don't know the specifics. I have to wonder just what she did to have such problems returning to that vampire's mansion, though. Well, as long as she doesn't do anything like that around Eientei...
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 14:24

[s]Homecoming[/s]

*Retconned*

Once again, Mokou showed up and challenged me to a fight. I was in the middle of sleeping, too... I thought it was just going to be another routine fight: some insults and taunting exchanged, some boasting, and finally some violent, unrestricted combat to the death. Well, it did have all those things, but something seemed off. I ended up losing, which is of course rare in itself, but Mokou didn't seem... right, during all of it. There at the end, it almost seemed like Mokou was a completely different person... How strange.

The fact that I was defeated so utterly has me quite distraught; It's simply not normal. The next time I see her, I am going to find out just why she was acting so strangely, and how she was able to beat me like that.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 14:34

The First Grand Spring Tea Party

There really is nothing like a good party. Always a good chance to get out, meet some new people, maybe show off a little~ This was a fun little event I was invited to, hosted by a sunflower youkai I haven't had much chance to get to know, but she seemed agreeable enough. I also learned that someone I met quite a while ago was actually a goddess. I would never have guessed. It was a good time, and I did indeed meet some new people, but it was cut a bit short after Miss Kazami fell asleep. Hehe, she must not be used to hosting parties. I guess it could be difficult for others not as skilled as I.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 14:40

Let's Celebrate Life Party

Like I was just saying: parties are great. Eientei can get a bit stuffy sometimes, so getting out sometime is good. Once again, I was invited to another party (it seems the hostesses of these parties all have great taste in guests), this time in the human village. There were quite the delicious snacks and drinks there. I have this odd feeling that something went on... but I can't quite remember what it was too well. Anyway, I am quite sure it was a good time, even if I can't remember it all.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 14:51

Hopelessly Lost

Another day, another new face. A badly-wounded girl stumbled into Eientei while I was on a walk. She was quite fortunate to have ended up in the best place in Gensokyo for medical care. Eirin wasn't around, so Reisen had to take care of her for the moment. She sure is getting good at what Eirin has taught her. But I digress. This girl, Yuki, as we came to discover her name was, didn't seem to know how she had even wound up at Eientei. Even more strange: she disappeared from the bed she was resting in one point, only to be found by Reisen at Mokou's shack in the forest, or so Reisen told me later. They also apparently fought after Inaba found her. Such a strange girl, collapsing outside Eientei, being healed by us, disappearing, then fighting the person who had healed her, all seemingly without knowing she did so. It was an eventful day, to say the least.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 16:26

Kaguya-hime's Encore: The Omega Project

Another new face showed up at Eientei, this time asking if she could see some of the various pieces of technology we have here from the Moon. Of course, I was not going to let any old human (yes, a human, surprisingly. We don't get very many of those at Eientei... not uninjured ones, at least.) have access to such things for free. I then had the wonderful idea of reviving one of my very old little games, the same one that led to Mokou's grudge against me. I sent this girl, Rika, out to gather some items for me. They aren't of any real value to me, but it should be quite entertaining to see her wandering about Gensokyo, trying to acquire these things. Tewi went along with her to make sure she doesn't try to cheat, as well as to give me detailed descriptions of her progress as she goes. This should be lots of fun~
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 16:33

Hunting a Phoenix

Keine came to visit again. She was looking for Mokou, apparently, and was wondering if she was around Eientei. She wasn't, of course, but Keine got to talking with Reisen, the two sharing some drinks. I had got up for some water myself, before sleeping, and overheard them talking outside. They actually started saying things about me! Talking behind my back, the nerve! I mean, even Inaba was saying things! I listened in for a while, before finally going out and asking them what they were up to. It seemed the two had got a bit too much into their drinks. I no longer felt like sleeping at that point, so I joined them. I must have drank a bit too much as well, since things get a little hazy after that. I do remember Keine mentioning we should all have a little vacation and visit an onsen sometime. I just may do that.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 16:44

Is there a doctor in the house?

A rather unusual patient showed up at Eirin's clinic on this day. I am still not sure of the relationship exactly, but it seems this bucket-dwelling youkai, Kisume, is under the care of the Yama: Shikeiki Yamaxanadu. It turns out Kisume had some sort of poison, or something. Anyway, Eirin was busy when she arrived, so Reisen had to try to take her place until Eirin was available. Reisen must have done a decent job, since Eirin did not have to do much once she looked Kisume over. I guess that inaba is learning well.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 16:46

The Faerie Princess

Once more, I awoke to a fairy in my room. The same one as before, even. She had come to me previously because she and her sisters wished to know what it was like to be a princess. It seems I am acquiring a reputation around Gensokyo for being an excellent tutor on how to act like a princess. Since I had nothing planned for the day, and would hence likely be bored once again, it was decided that today would be the day to enact the plot we had conceived before Star left last time: she would take my place for the day, and I would go to her home and pretend to be her.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 12 Oct 2010 17:03

The Faerie Princess: Kaguya's Path

Upon arriving at the home of the three fairies, I was fairly soon bombarded with situations that Star did not really prepare me for. I was, fortunately, able to deal with these situations without revealing my true identity through some quick thinking.

Also, I must remember to never eat fairy food again. That fish they gave me was horrid.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Next

Return to Character Library