Character Journal: Flandre Scarlet

Character journals, spellcards and sample apps are posted here.

Character Journal: Flandre Scarlet

Postby Flandre Scarlet » 10 Aug 2010 08:09

Flandre Scarlet
Main Character
Flandre Scarlet
Main Character

Re: Character Journal: Flandre Scarlet

Postby Flandre Scarlet » 10 Aug 2010 19:11

Relationships
  • Remilia Scarlet -- Flandre's only family in the entire world, eternally five years older and five years smarter. Despite how frequently she is manipulated, second guessed and forced into things she'd rather not do by her elder sister, Remilia remains the only person in Gensokyo with Flandre's unconditional respect. Regardless of how naive and Stockholm it may seem, Flandre really does believe that Remilia has only her best interests at heart. Despite her own feelings of insecurity and inadequacy when dealing with her rich, powerful, successful and popular sibling, Flandre has leapt into Remilia's recent attitude of praise and reward with arms open. It may be that she is totally oblivious to her sister's obvious intent, but it is also quite possible that she wilfully ignores the transparent attempt at training simply to believe that Remilia likes her.
  • Sakuya Izayoi -- Up until recently, the only maid in the mansion Flandre has ever seen. Formerly her caretaker, faux sympathetic ear and borderline mother figure, Flandre has shied away from the head maid recently after seeing everyone else in the mansion receive exact same treatment of unwavering loyalty and servitude from her, and from having been on the receiving end of one of her rare, emotional outbursts. Though she will never admit it, Sakuya is still the only person in the household whom she would trust with her personal feelings and secrets, and still the only person from whom she feels comfortable trying to learn some manner of social grace. In essence, she is a downscale Remilia. She treats her as a big sister that doesn't feel out of her league, and when given the chance, will show the same eagerness to please as she does her actual flesh and blood sibling.
  • Patchouli Knowledge -- Formerly Flandre's all around teacher. Due to her penchant for hoarding massive amounts of information regardless of its relevance, her education has been impractical and anachronistic at best. She owes an equally spotty magical background to the one week wizard by provoking her jealousy enough to intentionally withhold information after proving herself to be possessed of much greater arcane power, and much less asthma. At the very least however, thanks to Patchouli, she can speak, read and write fluent Japanese. Despite liking her about as little as any student likes their teacher, she puts up with her due to her close friendship with Remilia.
  • Hong Meiling -- Despite the fact that in the past year she has seen more of Meiling than she has in an entire century, Flandre still isn't quite sure what to make of her. Due to her own shy and reclusive personality, she rarely, if ever, makes any attempt at getting to know her; and her constant mooning after Sakuya as well as her cushy (at least in her mind), social, outdoors job does exceedingly little to endear her to Flandre. She does hold some small amount of guilt over severely injuring one of Meiling's friends, but she carefully counterbalances it by playing up unintentional slights that Meiling likely doesn't even remember until she feels like they are even. Her outlook remains cautiously curious, where "cautious" means "anticipating the necessity of gratuitous violence".
  • Reimu Hakurei -- The first person to have ever legitimately defeated her without resorting to underhanded tactics (like Patchouli) or "cheating" (like anything Remilia does that causes her to win), not to mention the first person she had seen besides the usual residents of the mansion in over four centuries. As a result, Reimu carries a much greater deal of adoring, submissive, almost victimized respect from Flandre than she would like to realize. She holds whatever Reimu says in only slightly lesser authority then what Remilia does, due to her firm belief that lacking real motive to do so, Reimu would never deliberately lie to her. If it wasn't for the fact that Reimu is pure and native Japanese, Flandre would be stuck flipping between her sister's opinions and the shrine maiden's indefinitely.
  • Marisa Kirasame -- Probably the only person on earth crazy enough to voluntarily play with her, as well as the only outsider in all of Gensokyo with enough guts to repeatedly visit the mansion under the strict guarantee that the moment Flandre sees her, whatever else she was doing better not get done. Unfortunately, as of late, Flandre's intentions have not been as friendly as they once were. After falling head over heels for Alice, Marisa has slipped from "best friend" status, to Flandre's immature equivalent of "dirty skank". Needless to say, Marisa running off with the other blonde-haired Western girl was not well received; mostly due to the mind blowingly oblivious and insensitive way Marisa broke the news.
  • Youmu Konpaku -- Probably the least likely friend Flandre has ever made, though due to her own jealous self absorption with Marisa and her idolization of Reimu and Sakuya, she doesn't tend to recognize it. Youmu is patient, inoffensive, logical and possesses the rare Gensokyo talent of basic tact; all qualities that, along with her young age, allow Flandre to get along with her surprisingly well; though Youmu's accomplishments are definitely of the unsung variety since the amount of gratitude she gets for being there approaches "absolutely none".
  • Suika Ibuki -- A one time hated enemy of Flandre's after staging an ill-advised "invasion" of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, strangely enough, her relationship has improved after a brief but fierce battle on top of Youkai mountain during Christmas where it seems Flandre has worked out her grudge. The oni's ridiculous power and carefree attitude makes her a rival that Flandre has difficulty staying angry with, and her close relationship with Reimu has helped convince her that Suika is alright.
  • Keine Kamishirasawa -- A poor misguided teacher of human children who let her values get in the way of her common sense. After petitioning Remilia to release Flandre under suspicions of "child abuse", she orchestrated the invasion of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library alongside Suika and attempted to persuade Flandre to disobey her sister and run off to go to school; ultimately failing in her goal and being driven from the house when Flandre violently rejected her overtures due to the disrespect she treated Remilia with in her presence.
  • Tewi Inaba -- Meiling's aforementioned unlucky friend. Flandre actually knows very little about her other than the fact that she is somehow associated with "that bunny" and that she apparently has a penchant for carrying around large amounts of combustible and explosive materials. Though the only time they met involved Tewi scaring the ever loving hell out of Flandre and then subsequently earning painful, fiery retribution, Flandre harbours no lingering feelings of resentment towards the rabbit.
  • Cirno -- An an annoying, unintelligent, egotistical fairy that somehow made it to one of Remilia's tea parties. The poor, unfortunate recipient of Flandre's "enthusiasm", Cirno wound up serving a brief stint as Flandre's plaything, before deciding that she didn't like being blown to pieces over and over and over again and promptly fleeing the household.
Flandre Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Flandre Scarlet » 13 Aug 2010 01:15

Knocking on the Devil's Door...

Sis let me out of the basement today! At first I was really confused because Sakuya never showed up like she usually does, and I was getting hungry because it was way past dinner time, and then someone went and started up all the ovens when it was already hot enough, but it turns out she was just having another stupid party and everyone forgot all about me! I reminded them a little and when she came downstairs, she said I could come if I behaved! I didn't even have to break anything~!

She only invited two people so I guess it was more like a play date or something than a real party, but they were both pretty weird. One of them was a human dressed like a boy or something with hair like Sakuya except way longer and not as pretty, and the other one was some kind of ghost I think since she was so pale and cold and she had a spirit following her. Oh and their names were Mokou and Youmu. I almost forgot. Stupid Japanese names. Meiling and Sakuya were both there too like I figured they would be, and we all got lots of food and dessert. The best part was that I got to have wine like everyone else, even if sis wouldn't let me have any more. I sort of fell asleep at the end so I don't really know what happened after . . .

Oh! The worst part! Remilia went and told me that one of them was a maid, but she didn't say which! I just assumed that Mokou was the maid because she was a human and who ever heard of a ghost maid? But apparently I was wrong and she made fun of me for it and everyone laughed at me! I got her back though I suppose, but it didn't really make me feel any better. She bled all over me and ruined my appetite.
Flandre Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Flandre Scarlet » 13 Aug 2010 01:28

Bloody Dusk into Scarlet Dawn

Ugh. I think I must have eaten too much food yesterday. My head hurts and I had really strange dreams. My morning was terrible too. I had that nightmare again. You know. The one. I'm a little bit worried about it but I think it will go away. I haven't had that one in forever. To make it worse, I woke up in Remilia's room as well instead of mine, so I didn't know where I was for a while and I got really scared. Sakuya had been there all night, so now I keep wondering why she sleeps in her room, but she calmed me down and I got to wear one of my sister's dresses so it wasn't all bad.

I don't think sis liked it though. She actually hit me! Right on the face! All I was trying to do was keep Meiling away from her and she got all mad at me! She has been in a real foul mood all day! I got to eat breakfast in the dining room again and she didn't make me go back to my room, but someone came to the door and she wouldn't tell me who and ran off when I tried to ask! I thought I was really good last night! Why does she keep treating me like she can do whatever she wants but I'm not allowed to do the same stuff?! Patchouli tried to tell me off but I wasn't listening. Sakuya . . . was acting weird. If sis doesn't want me around then I'm just going to leave! I'm going to run away and not come back so she can stop complaining about what a disappointment I am! Then we will both be happy won't we?
Flandre Scarlet
Main Character

Return to Character Library