Character Journal: Rinnosuke Morichika [Sample]

Character journals, spellcards and sample apps are posted here.

Character Journal: Rinnosuke Morichika [Sample]

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 09 Aug 2010 22:32

This journal took a little over an hour and a half to complete, including any and all distractions that I encountered during this time. I picked a verbose character on accident, so please note that the journal entries need not be nearly as long as these ones are.

Also, any notes that I have for the creation of these Journals will be in Quotes with italics.

Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character
Main: Hong Meiling

This section is not required, but is meant as a 'header' post and a nice introduction to a character's journal. Players may have all kinds of freedom when they are making their introduction posts. The only requirement is that the Journal Intro include the name of the character that it is meant for in an easy to find location.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Re: Sample Journal: Rinnosuke Morichika

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 09 Aug 2010 22:41

This is the second post. This post will have something of an index feel to it for easy browsing.

This post is meant to list all of the threads that the character has taken part of in chronological order. This is a quick and easy reference.

Index

Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 09 Aug 2010 23:29

This is where relationships go! Please put any characters that your character has interacted with. No real standard fanciness is required.These are in order of when I encountered them in character.

Relationships
  • Fujiwara no Mokou -- A simple girl who gets her goods from Kourindou rather than the human village. She's dirt poor, but useful because she pays for items with hard work. She's a good person though.
  • Keine Kamishirasawa -- Played a trick on Mokou at Rinnosuke's expense. He is not too fond of her because of her mood swings and inconsiderate treatment of his customers.
  • Youmu Konpaku -- A girl with much to learn! Rinnosuke is mostly indifferent about Youmu, but feels she needs to learn a few of life's lessons.
  • Sanae Kochiya -- A girl from the outside world, though she too is rather spacey. She caused trouble in his shop, though it was for the better. She is a positive asset to have around due to her possessions and knowledge from the outside world.
  • Patchouli Knowledge -- Rinnosuke is not too fond of Patchouli after her outburst in his shop, however, he sees that she is easily manipulated for prices and has a hot temper. This is the kind of customer that feels money is no object when she wants something; definately useful.
  • Reisen Udonge Inaba -- Another trouble-maker. After her bidding war with Patchouli, Rinnosuke is wary of her; though he does acknowledge that she might just have quite a few items of worth.
  • Satori Komeji -- A mind reader with a pleasant disposition. Rinnosuke is bothered by how Satori can force her way onto people, but generally enjoys her quiet nature and would not mind sharing a cup of tea with her if she were to enter his shop. She is a welcome customer who buys semi-regularly.
  • Lunasa Prisriver -- A girl who entered his shop and tried to purchase a "Music Memorizer." Rinnosuke does not have much of an opinion on her.
  • Yukari Yakumo -- An ominous woman and a thief. Yukari takes Rinnosuke's goods at random times in exchange for oil and information. He is not particularly fond of her, but he realizes that she is a necessity to his business.
  • Aya Shameimaru -- Buys her camera supplies from his shop. Is generally amicable. She has lent money to help him make sales.
  • Rin Kaenbyou -- She has entered his shop twice now, and neither time was she pleasant. The first time, she had no idea of what an 'antique shop' was supposed to sell. The second, she wanted to cart him away to hell.
  • Kurumi -- A problem customer. Kurumi only shows up during the night because she is a vampire. She does, however, make a genuine attempt to shop. Rinnosuke is not entirely sure what to think of her.
  • Kogasa Tatara -- Problem #2. This girl has something up her sleeve, even if Rinnosuke doesn't know just what yet.
  • Tokiko -- A hassle, but a genuine customer. Even if Tokiko often haggles and argues, when push comes to shove, Rinnosuke knows that she thinks well of him. He likes her well enough, just not in the way that she would hope for. Rinnosuke is trying not to let her feelings turn into some kind of fiasco.
  • Luize -- A one time customer from when Rinnosuke was sick. She made a comment that caused quite a ruckus, and so while Rinnosuke barely remembers her, the memories are not pleasant.
  • Marisa Kirisame -- Probably the only person that Rinnosuke genuinely loves. Marisa is a brat and a trouble maker, but he looks out for her. If anything were to happen to her, he would find himself quite distraught. At times, he feels like her father, at times her brother, at times her caretaker, and at times her toy. His relationship with Marisa is fairly complex and well-treasured.
  • Nue Houjuu -- Came into his shop, caused trouble, and hurt him. Rinnosuke currently does not know that this was Nue, but he knows that something is wrong. If he ever learns that Nue was the cause of his misfortune, he will not be pleased. They have never met face to face.
  • Suwako Moriya -- Just kind of walked outside his shop. Doesn't have any opinion because she hasn't entered or made herself known.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 09 Aug 2010 23:40

This is the first post of the Journal Entries. This post needs to include the title of the thread in question, a link to the thread, and a short summary (from your character's point of view) of just what happened in the thread.

These summaries do not need to be as long as the example provided-- Rinnosuke is just a verbose character known for going off on tangents and giving lengthy explanations.

Curiosity Shop Kourindou

Quite a day indeed; today must have had some kind of alignment of the elements. Several customers entered the shop today-- and a rather large percentage of them actually made purchases.

The majority of the day was uneventful, however the mage from the Scarlet Devil Mansion did cause a small bidding war. While the tension was high for the participants, ultimately it was to my favor. The mage was bidding opposite of a rabbit from Eientei over a book on waves; while it is just to me, it must have been rather important, because both offered quite large sums.

The rabbit offered a panacea of sorts of the Lunarian Sage as well as money. It will be invaluable to someone, and I am sure I could fetch quite a good price for it if I can assert its authenticity, which would clearly be a problem if anything was to be learned from the day.

After that mess was addressed, I found myself in the presence of a Shrine Maiden (Thankfully, not Reimu, though I must admit that some tea did need to be sacrificed for the sake of the customers, it can be noted that I did not use the tea that Reimu would have no doubt gravitated towards.) and a mind-reader (A rather peculiar ability, I should like to spend some more time to figure out just what my thoughts on the matter are.) They were friendly enough, and seemed rather content to not cause trouble.

In fact, as fate would have it, the Shrine Maiden is from the outside world.We exchanged goods in place of currency, and she left with a model figurine from the outside world. She was overjoyed.

I'll need to be sure to comb through the inventory for any similar products-- no doubt I could collect some find wares from the outside world from that girl.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 09 Aug 2010 23:52

Please note that the format used here is not necessarily the format that you have to use so long as you keep the title, link, and summary in each entry.

Graveyard Shift

Another lucky day-- today saw three visitors (and Tokiko, who doesn't really count.) I hesitate to call the 'customers' as only one of the seemed intent on shopping. The girl, a vampire, came with the intent to find a parasol in order to protect herself for the sun. A simple enough request that would have taken merely minutes and allowed me to sleep for the rest of the night.

But no, this is Gensokyo, and things can never be simple.

First, another girl of course felt the need to have an outburst about the parasol. I've come to a rather simple, if potentially off-base explanation. The girl that was so excited had a rather unorthodox parasol herself-- it was clear from one look at the umbrella that it was alive and haunted. And while logic would say that the parasol itself would start to move, this one was moved around by the form of the girl. This is purely speculation, but I assume that the umbrella and girl are one. When that detail is taken into consideration, it is all too clear why she might have an outburst about someone else buying a parasol.

Barring any real sales, though, came Tokiko-- fuming once again about the History of the Underworld that she had been so intent on practically stealing from my shelves. In my frustration, I made an off-hand remark that clearly offended her. I will need to take care to be more careful with misplaced words. She'll probably never let me hear the end of this.

In any case, it is late, and the time for sleep has long passed. It should be a rather eventful day tomorrow. I anticipate hearing an earful from a certain bird.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 10 Aug 2010 00:00

Out All Night

She did it again.

Apparently while working on a spell to make items waterproof (A rather useful spell, I might add. I need to find a way to accept water-proofing Kourindou as payment for something.) Marisa had a rather unfortunate accident that led her her home smelling not-entirely unlike a swamp.

Needless to say, rather than going to her parents, whom lovingly housed and raised her for much of her life, Marisa decided that my shop was the best of places to sleep for the night. Of course, this is no real issue, but it continuously baffles me how she can so vigilantly ignore her parents and use me as a substitution when I take such painstaking efforts in reminding her of their existence.

Regardless, my home was her home for the night.

Strange things were afoot, however. It would seem that I am having some problem with motor control. The night would have me flipping up her skirt very much against my will. After a playful, teasing rebuttal from the witch, all seemed to be forgotten-- all but my lingering feeling of direst. As a halfling, our medical condition is not well studied. I certainly do not look forward to the looming visit to the doctor after this night.

In any case, that would not be the last mishap. A kettle broke when Marisa was making tea-- spilling the boiling contents directly into my lap. After many obscenities, she rushed to my aid, fixing the blunders that my enraged self was making. She was rather distraught, and it took many carefully placed distractions to lull her into feelings of nostalgia and take her mind off of my wounds.

Wounds that-- for the record-- are still hurting.

That doctor visit is getting all the more urgent, it seems.

((This thread is not over, but for the sake of an example I wrote up a summary of what we had going on by this point in time. This thread has ended, but for the example I am leaving this note.))

Out of Character Notes can be added so long as they are clearly distinguishable as out of character and separate from the journal entry.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 10 Aug 2010 00:11

The Substitute Shopkeep

The aforementioned doctor's visit was a much better idea than I would have thought. I came down with a fever, which would have been little issue. The day proceeded as usual and no one seemed to have entered the shop until well after opening hours.

I'm not sure how lucky it was that Tokiko should be the person to enter, but for whatever reason, she had entered the shop that evening, finding me in my exhausted state. I don't remember much of the details, but I did wake up in bed with tea at my bedside and a compress on my head. I have no doubt in my mind that it was Tokiko who took responsibility and aided me in my time of illness.

This would have been fine and good if more customers had not arrived. They have just the perfect timing, I swear. Several more people entered the store, including a blonde I did not recognize, the mind-reader from before, a hellcat from around the same time-- and, of course, Marisa.

It was Tokiko and Marisa arguing that woke me up in the first place, even if I had heard the first few rings of the bell. Somehow, I slept even after hearing them. I must have been exhausted. In any case, the girls were arguing and wasting time while there were customers in the shop, so I did what any self-respecting shop owner should do and tended to my customers. This proved to be contrary to what I had in mind. As I was on friendly terms with her, I simply aggravated the mind reader.

She took offense at my illness and commanded me to bed, going so far as to buy and umbrella in order to usher customers back to their homes.

I do not know what happened to the Satori or the hell cat, as Marisa hastily shoved me back into the shop, and putting forth her best efforts in tending the shop.

At least I got a moment to have a word with Tokiko. What a mess.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 03 Sep 2010 19:39

The Great Herald of Eternal Spring

A fairy made herself known at my shop today. She came looking for clothing. She was rather large for a fairy.

Is this a tiding that the power of nature is growing more prominent in Gensokyo? Only days before Yuka Kazami give me rare seeds that she had managed to encounter. I imagine these are not some coincidence; there must be a changing in the 'tides' of Gensokyo which is leading to a boon in nature and its representatives.

This seems counter-intuitive with how much Gensokyo has shifted towards technology. I will need to look into it further.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Return to Character Library