Visionary Gensokyo Feedback

Discuss anything dealing with the Touhou: PoIR RP. Suggestions for forum improvement also go here.

Visionary Gensokyo Feedback

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 04 Jun 2013 20:52

Following on discussion over accepting DDC and HM character applications, I am starting this thread as a means to discuss interest, awareness, and purpose for Visionary Gensokyo. Please use this thread to pose questions, concerns, problems, or any other feedback concerning VG.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Re: Visionary Gensokyo Feedback

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 04 Jun 2013 23:21

Well gonna repeat what I said in that other thread

I just haven't figured a scenario to play there yet. Hmn would we use RP discussion for a possible VG scenario recruitment?

Also looking at

6: Don't spend more time on VG than you do on PoIR *Addendum - February 10, 2013*
VG thread count per player is limited to 1 at a time for those in good activity standing with PoIR. Those not in good activity standing with PoIR must first clear their obligations to PoIR before they can continue participation in VG. This means that a player may not have any strikes on record should they wish to post in Visionary Gensokyo. Note that strikes which have been cleared are not "on record", only current ones count.

and requiring and Application to play in it kinda makes it really unappealing for me to to use. And considering how long threads go in main it really discourages people making threads. Also with the Cannot Have any strikes. Say I'm in a VG thread and pick up a strike? Am I instantly banned from VG?

Also by
As for the 'freebie' entry character, VG will be actively monitored for adherence to Zun canon and theme. Anyone who's not meeting expectations, freebie or otherwise, will be contacted and required to address the concern lest they lose permission to the character in question.

That quote means This thread is against the rules of Visionary Gensokyo. But the thing was we used to have a Non-Canon thread BUT... now that its merged into VG its kinda having a problem
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Re: Visionary Gensokyo Feedback

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 07 Jun 2013 21:57

Hatate, rule 6 is the result of a compromise at the time to address legitimate concerns for what could potentially happen, that being VG activity overtaking PoIR so much that the latter is neglected. Considering the underwhelming activity and mixed feedback VG has garnered in 6+ months since its inception, I think it's safe to say that this policy was a little too proactive. Enough time has passed that I personally feel there is no precedence nor need for such a strict policy as this. This is something that will need to be loosened if VG is to be of any benefit at all. The policy concerning strikes, applications, and other limitations are also part of this issue.

As for the Nanoha thread, that was the result of Shizuha coming directly to us, asking if she could play a non-Touhou character for an April Fools day joke. We considered everything I explained above (namely, the need for policy revision and perpetual ghost town that VG has been) as well as the fact that it was aimed to be an April Fool's day joke in approving this request. Additionally, there's the fact that VG overtook non-canon roleplay, with the clause that this could be separated at a later date if the need arises. It simply made more sense to allow this one case in the meantime. Unfortunately, I don't think it ever got off the ground, which I am sure was no fun for Shizuha; the timing was bad and there was little in the way of publicity though, this being more of a last minute thought. (Shizuha came to us pretty much the day before April 1st)

That said, you might want to hold off jumping into VG just yet, at least until we get revised rules and policy ironed out. Any suggestions on how to handle balancing the extent VG is used with PoIR activity are very welcome, in addition to other issues such as the lack of non-Touhou roleplay; it will help expedite this process.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Return to General RP Discussion