New Characters Coming Soon!

Discuss anything dealing with the Touhou: PoIR RP. Suggestions for forum improvement also go here.

New Characters Coming Soon!

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 02 Jun 2013 02:46

With two new games coming out this year, we'll soon have an influx of characters available to play at PoIR. Applications for for Double Dealing Character bosses will open about two weeks after the full game is released. In the meantime, Hata no Kokoro of Hopeless Masquerade is now open for applications!

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Re: New Characters Coming Soon!

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 02 Jun 2013 20:54

Isn't this extremely premature to have them available for apping? We'd barely have the endings and game scripts translated and even then early translations tend to have extremely questionable quality.

With DDC I'm even MORE doubtful that its a valid amount of time! Two Months might be a better amount of time.

We're not that starved for appable characters. And Two Weeks after JP release tends to be still within MAJOR SPOILERS category. Some players will ONLY play and know of the characters after English Translation Patch is out (which usually is after multiple generations of the translation). This seems to be extremely hasty and possibly a mistake.
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 03 Jun 2013 08:58

Note: Moving from announcement here to OOC for discussion.

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Merlin Prismriver » 04 Jun 2013 13:20

Hata no Kokoro....? Who the heck is Hata no Kokoro? And this question's coming from someone who does play Hopeless Masquerade. I'm not going to play the Story Mode until there's a translation patch around, much less play as a character in it, much much less to see a fan's interpretation of said character already.

Two weeks? Two weeks after a full translation is up, at least.

In the case that someone really wants to play the new character, they can just use VG. People remember VG, right?
Merlin Prismriver
Main Character

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 04 Jun 2013 16:14

And I kind of agree with you on the translation problem. Also with the main game people you can just read the raw text but if you're not seeing the text and their responses along with their danmaku can be a basis for characters but I'm also one who's really slow to build a character as well the fanbase can help build up a bit of a vibe for them which can be used as way to look at the character in other ways. In only 2 weeks you only will have only the most obvious memes (such as the newcomer having all sorts of silly crossover masks with her)

I remember VG. I just haven't figured a scenario to play there yet. Hmn would we use RP discussion for a possible VG scenario recruitment?
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 04 Jun 2013 20:54

Just saw this yesterday after I got home from A-kon. I think Merlin has it about right, let's wait 2-3 weeks after a full translation is up. It's not like we got a faithful mountain of apps for Kasen once we decided to open her to applications...at least a good year or two after she was a thing. It took a number of months before anyone applied for the wild and horned totally not an oni hermit even then.

I'd rather let the dust settle first in the not so unlikely case something is misinterpreted about Kokoro, or some new information is given elsewhere in the meantime. Isn't that convention in Atlanta Zun's attending coming up soon? It's not unheard of for him to drop very interesting details about characters and story during interviews. As for DDC, definitely not until after the full game is out with a full translation. It's not unprecedented for characters to reappear in later stages, or for later stage bosses to create a bigger picture for stage 1-3 bosses.

Honestly, I think most would want to wait until all initial, official information is available on these new characters before applying anyways. People have a hard enough time when an official fanbook or new game completely contradicts the character they have built from the only available details when they applied; let's not make it any more difficult than it has to be.

As for VG, I'd love to talk about this more if there's existing interest in using it. I have started a thread for this just now.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Return to General RP Discussion