*CLOSED* PoIR Global Canon Initiative - Volunteer Sign Up

Discuss anything dealing with the Touhou: PoIR RP. Suggestions for forum improvement also go here.

*CLOSED* PoIR Global Canon Initiative - Volunteer Sign Up

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 30 Mar 2013 01:14

Update, May 11th
It has been over three weeks since I extended the offer for discussion hours on irc. We have received no response during this time, either in the form of people showing up for discussion, requests for different meeting times, or suggestions on anything related to the global canon initiative, be it forum, e-mail, pm, irc, or otherwise.

With that in mind, we will be closing down this initiative for the time being. This is not to say we will not be doing this. This is simply to inform everyone that no one on the moderator team is actively planning or otherwise working on this effort in any way currently. As was stated in the original announcement on this topic, it is up to all of you, our players, to take it upon themselves and make this happen. We've planted the seed and have established the grounds for further work, but it's up to you all to show interest and actually make this happen if this is something we want as a community.

That said, we will gladly listen to feedback on this topic, and we will certainly offer our time so long as the time is matched by players organizing this effort. Until then, the moderators will not be doing anything further on this.

Update, April 17th

Supplemental irc discussion hours will be held in #touhoupoir on Thursdays and Fridays, from 5pm-8pm CST. Extended hours are available if discussion continues past 8pm.

If you haven't already, please read the the March 29th Continuity Meeting Summary first.

In addition, please use the PoIR Global Canon Initiative - Discussion thread for discussing ideas, expressing concerns, and anything else relating to this subject. This thread is for signing up to help only.

If you are able and willing to meet with a group of other players, including some of PoIR's moderators, to hammer out a plan and take action towards cataloging PoIR's history, please reply to this thread saying that you wish to volunteer and list what days/times you can be available for meetings.

If you are interested on helping, but do not know if or when you will be available to do so, please state your interest here regardless, but note that you cannot promise your help as of yet. When the situation changes, please reply and update us on the days/times, or that you will be unable to help. Not being able to meet at a given date/time doesn't automatically disqualify you from helping; we very well may be seeking others to contribute to certain tasks in their own time as free time allows. Check back here periodically if you are still interested in helping. When the situation changes, we will inform of it here.

If your availability is listed as 'need schedule', please let me know when you are available as soon as you can, either by pm or irc, so that I can update it.

As of March 29th, the current volunteer list is as follows:

Volunteer List wrote:Willing and able
Shizuha - Available afternoons everyday of the week. Also on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday nights. Has RPs on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday nights; "Update: My afternoons are taken up for the next couple of weeks with housework, which will pretty much always be until 8 PM CDT. I'm free after that, though."
XLII aka Lyrica - Weekdays after 2:30-ish EST. Weekends all day. RP one day a week on average, but easily worked around.. This is subject to change during the summer; will inform of changes when they come up.
Sakuya - need schedule
Masaaki aka Konngara - need schedule
Fuji - Thursday-Friday afternoons are best.
Kogasa - Weekday afternoons are best, Friday especially. Saturday can be arranged, but not optimal due to mod meeting occurring then. Sunday is usually spent with family.

Interested, but not confirmed yet
Hatate
Kanako/Meiling - Monday - Thursday, nights. Roleplaying game active on Sunday evenings. Usually away Fridays, and Saturdays are possible, though only for an absolute need to meet then.
Marisa
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Re: PoIR Global Canon Initiative - Volunteer Sign Up

Postby Shizuha Aki » 30 Mar 2013 16:04

I have RPs at night on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm free pretty much every afternoon, though, and any nights not mentioned.
Shizuha's Journal
<Kogasa> 1d100 Shizuha is wonderful
<Director> Kogasa, Shizuha is wonderful: 100 [1d100=100]
Shizuha Aki
Main Character

Postby Lyrica Prismriver » 30 Mar 2013 19:01

As far as it stands currently, even if I'm participating in any RPs during various nights of the week (likely only once or twice at most), I should still be able to do whatever I need to do between my turns. Should this change, I'll be certain to put in either an edit to this post, or an additional post in this thread with any changes to my availability.

As it stands now, I'm literally available any and every day of the week, weekdays after 2:30-ish EST. Otherwise, I'm around pretty much all day every day for the time being, at least until summer. This is, of course barring any last-second changes, nights spent with the family that aren't pre-planned (usually friday or saturday nights, as well as holidays and other long weekends).
Lyrica Prismriver
Free Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 30 Mar 2013 21:10

I'm free Monday through Thursday nights, as I have a roleplaying game active on Sunday evenings. Fridays I'm usually out of the house. Saturdays are possible, though I'll not commit to that day unless you really need me to.

I would have responded as Kanako but I managed to lock my stupid ass out of the forums with her.
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Postby Shizuha Aki » 07 Apr 2013 22:38

Update: My afternoons are taken up for the next couple of weeks with housework, which will pretty much always be until 8 PM CDT. I'm free after that, though.
Shizuha's Journal
<Kogasa> 1d100 Shizuha is wonderful
<Director> Kogasa, Shizuha is wonderful: 100 [1d100=100]
Shizuha Aki
Main Character

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 17 Apr 2013 05:35

Alright, I was talking with the few of you I hadn't heard back on your schedule yet, and I came up with the following idea:

I'll be holding 'office hours' at days/times during the week for supplemental discussion on irc. What this means is that I will set days/times that I will be available be in #touhoupoir for discussing this topic. Anyone who can make the times, feel free to pop in and start up conversation. If you can't make the given times, but would like to, just let me know when you'd be available and we can work something out. If not, don't feel obligated to make these 'meetings'; they are to serve as supplemental material to the PoIR Global Canon Initiative - Discussion thread, which will remain the primary means of communication.

Currently, I have this Thursday - Friday afternoons-evening as the 'office hours' for this week. That will be around 5pm-8pm CST (and later, if conversation is still going). Depending on how things go, I may adjust the time/days in the future. Any changes to will be announced in the first post of this thread.

Also, I will provide a summary of anything pertinent discussed in #touhoupoir in the discussion thread.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Return to General RP Discussion