Poll: Are you satisfied with the current pace of PoIR?

Discuss anything dealing with the Touhou: PoIR RP. Suggestions for forum improvement also go here.

Are you satisfied with the current pace of PoIR?

Yes, I am perfectly happy with how often my turn to roleplay comes up.
52%
No, having to wait up to a month for my turn in threads is ridiculous.
48%

Total votes : 29

Re: Poll: Are you satisfied with the current pace of PoIR?

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 05 Jan 2013 04:15

Well I'll be honest. I don't actually take any offence to the current system. In my mind: If it's not broke, don't fix it. That said I am open for good ideas. The last time this decussion came up we tried two other systems, one of which was mostly my creation. Neither worked.

Hatate has actually touched on a lot of points that I see as major flaws of this proposal. And a trial run is kind of hard to attempt if these flaws turn out to be evident in the system. A month of the forum being dead, and it not being the holidays, could be very detrimental, and that is a very real possibility with that system.

I haven't been able to figure out anything better yet, but I have been thinking about it. I'll cast a vote against this proposal and see if I can some up with something too.
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Merlin Prismriver » 08 Jan 2013 10:48

Hmm... You know, now that I think about it, the current system isn't that bad. It has its flaws, but it's not as evil as I make it out to be. Still, I rather prefer improving it than just leaving it be.

I still stand that the posting order is deterring more than it helps us. And, yeah, 4 posts a month as the only rule might be too lax a schedule.

Now about that new idea... I find the stalling system nice, works fine, though I suppose the "able to say in their posts that they don’t plan to post anymore unless addressed" part would require manual check, isn't it? Is the mod team up for this, or is the bot super enough to tell?

Idle system, prefer Option 1. Option 2 only applies to players with a thread, doesn't it? What about those who just sit around without a thread? A month is too large a time to do nothing.
Merlin Prismriver
Main Character

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 08 Jan 2013 20:57

Really I don't think that Option 1 OR 2 helps anything. As its not going to encourage posting but it'll just act to encourage laziness further or just lead to panic threads.

And honestly lack of a posting order can very easily lead to a player leaving a thread by being so far out of it that really they can't really post back in and just abandon the thread as everyone else has moved on and they respond to something already done in the past OR it leads to a character seemingly spacing out for a while. This can be extremely discouraging to a player if they get a feeling that they don't matter or are unwanted in the thread because in all honesty they're being ignored.
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 09 Jan 2013 01:07

Hatate: I get this problem, I've had it elsewhere, but it's only an issue if threads are posted in daily. We don't have that, as you like to point out, so it's not really a problem. If someone wants to post something at a particular point, they should easily be able to do so without getting too far behind. As far as Option 1 and Option 2 go, they aren't intended to be the main part, they are intended to improve on the idle system that we have no, and to plug holes in the stalling system.

Merlin: The mod team will be taking a more hands-on approach to activity.

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Merlin Prismriver » 09 Jan 2013 12:10

Well, adding to what Mokou said, I think PoIR's members are generally nice and good-mannered enough to not leave someone that much behind. As I said before, it should just be common courtesy. And if it happens, mods can come in.
Merlin Prismriver
Main Character

Previous

Return to General RP Discussion