[Event] PoST Sign-up

Discuss anything dealing with the Touhou: PoIR RP. Suggestions for forum improvement also go here.

[Event] PoST Sign-up

Postby Yumemi Okazaki » 26 Oct 2012 16:23

Deep within the confines of the Probability Space Hypervessel, one lone scientist was busy at work within one of her many laboratories. With her eyes heavy with dark bags and her posture more then lacking it's usual liveliness, it was obvious that whatever it was she was working on had been taking up a lot of her sleeping time. Still, Yumemi would continue to ignore the pleas of her body for the sake of something big.

Yes, something very big.

Having spent so much time as a resident within Gensokyo, Yumemi realized that getting data on each and every interesting individual would be very hard to accomplish via normal means. Asking them to take part in her experimental research didn't always prove successful, and making them her guinea pigs by force seemed even less so for a normal(?) human like herself. Of course, considering how [s]stubborn[/s] determined she was about learning everything she could about magic, the young professor wouldn't just give up so easily. After countless nights of planning, a plan would finally come to her. In the end, Yumemi decided that she'd take a lesson from past actions. Instead of going out to find interesting subjects, she would let them gather to her. The premise for this?

A tournament.

Spellcard battles were commonplace within Gensokyo. If she were to use this fact to her advantage, she could gather data in the same fashion that she had done when first arriving in Gensokyo some time ago (see Touhou 3). The light bulb had been lit. Her switch had been flipped. Nothing could stop her from preparing for this. One way or another, she would see this plan to the end.

----

Some days later, Gensokyo would find itself invaded with Ruukoto robots! Well, not so much invaded. With an army of robot maids at her disposal, Yumemi would go about spreading the word of her grand tournament all around Gensokyo. Whether it was a small fairy or a towering oni, a complex magician or a regular human, Yumemi made sure that everyone caught word of what she was planning. Each robot held a large stack of sign up flyers, giving information of when and where the tournament planned to take place. All that was needed was a good number of participants and she could begin her grand experiment.

---------------------

Yumemi Okazaki's Phantasmagoria of Sacred Tournament!

Looking for interesting fighters of all types!

Fairies, onis, humans, zombies, youkai, gods, anyone can join!

See if you have what it takes to be considered the best in Gensokyo!!!

Time: TBA

Prize: Anything you want!*

Please sign your name at the bottom of the sign-up sheet and give it to my wonderful maid robot.

*As long as it is something I can provide.

---------------------

Ladies and gentlemen, Humans and youkai! It's that wonderful time again!

An event that pits Gensokyo's strongest, smartest, and strangest residents against one another. A chance to see wonderfully beautiful battles of grace, spells, and danmaku! A grand prize of just about anything you could possibly want!

I give you...

Phantasmagoria of Sacred Tournament

Phantasmagoria of Sacred Tournament (or PoST for short) is PoIR's third attempt at an on-board tournament event! However, there is a slight twist. Unlike the first two tournaments, this one will NOT involve a battle system of any sort. This tournament will be the first ever freestyle fighting roleplay event.

Sign-up
Any and all members the board are allowed to sign-up for this. However, only one character sign-up per member will be allowed. This means that if a player has both a main and an alt character, they can only choose one for sign-up. For this event to actually happen, there will need to be a minimum of eight participants for the tournament. This means that any less will result in the tournament just being cancelled. On the other hand, there can be no more then sixteen participants. Sign-up spots are first post first serve.

Pre-Match Set-up
The tournament will run in the traditional 1 on 1 style fighting brackets, the number of brackets depending on how many people end up participating in the tournament. After the pairings are determined, both players shall decide where to hold there match. This means that players can choose to have their matches ANYWHERE in Gensokyo. All one of the players need do is make a new thread in the fashion of "[PoST - Round #] Player 1 vs. Player 2" in whichever IC subforum they please. Please keep these guidelines in mind when choosing your location:

• No causing too much collateral damage to someones home. (unless they're okay with it)
  • No fighting in places that would endanger other people. (i.e. smack dab in the middle of the Human
  • Village)
  • Only places in Gensokyo. Makai not accessible.
  • Fights can take place at any time of the day.
  • Both fighters have to agree on the location. If there is an indefinite stalemate, one of the moderators will choose.

Once the match thread has been created, the posting can then commence!

How things work
As mentioned previously, this tournament will be done in freestyle. This means no die, no random number generator, just roleplaying. Now, I bet many of you are wondering exactly how a winner will be decided in this tournament. Well, time to reveal another twist! The goal of this tournament is to produce the most exciting, beautiful, well-choreographed matches possible. Thus players will be working together (OOCly) to accomplish this and proceed to the next round.

Simply put, while only one character can win ICly, matches that are done better then the others will have both players advancing instead of only one.

In character it's a one on one battle, out of character it's a team collaboration! After the winners are decided, the two winners will be paired with different players in the upper brackets. How the finals will work shall be explained later~

Judging
All finished matches will be judged by us, the mods, to see who advances and who does not. Each match shall be judged on different key things. These include (but aren't limited to):

• Danmaku and Spellcard Creativity
  • Post Number
  • Time Limit (How long it takes for the thread to finish)
  • Vivid Description
  • Originality

Yukari, Patchouli, Ichirin, Mokou, and myself will all act as the judges for every match. Matches will be discussed in the same fashion as we do character applications. This is to ensure that all judging is done fairly. Also, let it be known that the time it takes to complete a thread will weigh very heavily on whether or not one proceeds to the next round. This is in order to keep this event from stretching on way too long. This does not mean that creating short, quick, poorly done matches will guarantee victory.

Also note, in order to keep things fair, none of the previously mentioned moderators shall be taking part in this tournament.

Prize
In the fashion of Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream, the winners (yes there will be two) of the tournament will be granted the possibility of anything they want. Of course, while I say "anything", there is a limit to what Yumemi herself can give someone. Upon winning the tournament, the players will discuss with the mods just what it is their player gets. Upon getting approved, the player can then choose to implement whatever they receive in future threads, as long as they stay within reasonable boundaries. There's also a chance that the player could receive more!

We hope to see plenty of interest in this event, as well as a lot of wonderfully planned out matches! With that said, let the sign-up for the Phantasmagoria of Sacred Tournament begin! If interested, please reply to this post. If players have an alternate character, please clarify which character you plan on entering. If there are any questions, just give your lovely professor Okazaki a call and she'll do her best to answer it!
Link
Have a neko Marisa to brighten your day.
Yumemi Okazaki
Free Character

Re: [Event] PoST Sign-up

Postby Alice Margatroid » 14 Nov 2012 05:06

You have a puppeteer.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 14 Nov 2012 06:55

The Devil's Maid is ready and willing.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Mononobe no Futo » 14 Nov 2012 07:01

I'll help heat things up a bit, if you don't mind.
Mononobe no Futo
Main Character

Postby Rika » 14 Nov 2012 08:37

An excuse to blow things up~?

How could I refuse?
Rika
Main Character

Postby Momiji Inubashiri » 14 Nov 2012 18:43

I, Momiji Inubashiri, accept this challenge.
Momiji Inubashiri
Main Character

Postby Lunasa Prismriver » 14 Nov 2012 23:56

Well, if you end up short on people, I can always play a little melody of destruction.
Lunasa Prismriver
Free Character

Postby Soga no Tojiko » 15 Nov 2012 00:21

Fufufufufufufufufufufufufufu~

TRANSLATION: Sounds like fun~, I'm in.
Soga no Tojiko
Main Character

Postby Mima » 15 Nov 2012 01:15

I wonder what I'll blast~
Mima
Main Character

Postby Rin Kaenbyou » 15 Nov 2012 19:32

Count me in sis.
Rin Kaenbyou
Main Character

Postby Rin Satsuki » 17 Nov 2012 11:23

Yumemi Okazaki wrote:Sign-up
Any and all members the board are allowed to sign-up for this. However, only one character sign-up per member will be allowed.

QFT.

What do you mean, smirking evilly? I am doing no such thing...
Rin Satsuki
Software Admin

Postby Suwako Moriya » 20 Nov 2012 11:02

Do I see a way to relieve my boredom? This looks fun~
Suwako Moriya
Main Character

Postby Suika Ibuki » 26 Nov 2012 02:28

Sounds like a cool party. Count me in!
Suika Ibuki
Alternate Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 26 Nov 2012 12:46

A challenge that this dragon must rise to!
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Postby Shizuha Aki » 26 Nov 2012 21:20

I would certainly love to join this tournament.
Shizuha's Journal
<Kogasa> 1d100 Shizuha is wonderful
<Director> Kogasa, Shizuha is wonderful: 100 [1d100=100]
Shizuha Aki
Main Character

Next

Return to General RP Discussion