[Open] Belated Celebration

Archive for threads set in the Underworld.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

Re: [Open] Belated Celebration

Postby Satori Komeiji » 18 Feb 2013 14:04

As the moon projection fades away, Satori settles down afterwards as if nothing happened earlier. The image was just that, an image, and while perhaps it has stirred something inside her the outcome seemed to fade away just as casually as the memory itself, even if she managed to stir a trip down the memory line for the yaksha, which suits Satori just fine. Her attention immediately returns just in time to see her pet fidgeting as a result of her teasing earlier. A series of half-truths and plausible but ultimately self-serving justification followed as a result of the backtracking, and Satori can’t help but smirk at the kasha’s…human-like behavior. Isn’t it amazing what you can come up that while it sounds like the truth it downplayed just how much it is your fault? Well, maybe she can cut Orin some slack, she distinctly remember the kasha was quite tired that evening, unlike what the full moon looked like on the surface.

”It was, wasn’t it? I have a couple of books that might stimulate your sudden interest. See if you mean what you said.” Satori wears her not-quite-noble intentions right on her face, ”Of course I will regularly inspect you of the knowledge you’ve gained from the books. We can even discuss it together. No pictures this time, I promise.” Satori took the opportunity to sip her tea, the tea that despite being produced in Hell actually manages to be quite good, before turning her attention at the falling leaves and their goddess.

Unlike other goddesses she can mention, Shizuha’s present underground seems…natural somewhat. Satori realized how ridiculous that sounds when it refers to their surroundings but she respects the goddess’ down to earth approach as far as the divinity’s attempts to gather more faith goes, recent events had left her quite weary to deal with another one.

”I am aware, but I have no reason to believe that the surface has changed that much, nor do I have much of an interest of the surface. On the flipside I have no reason to restrict the traffic of surface-dwellers to the underground as long as they remain respectful of my domain. I think that’s quite reasonable.” Satori pauses to hear her pet sing praises to Shizuha’s handiwork. It was quite poetic, to tell the truth, and she had to pause to remember just how often Orin says something like that to a goddess. It was not very often. ”In addition I have no qualms to restrict how often my pet travels to the surface, as you can see. If she has the time to find friends like you it would be worthwhile.” She pauses to consider her words more carefully. Flashing back to two individuals she wished did not resort to what they did recently. Just in time for a gust of wind to grace the silent shrine. Her teacup trembles with a barely contained emotion.

So long as you consider your options more carefully.

”What a surprise, Lady Yasaka. I’d have thought you’ve been quite busy." After all both you and the Yama belong in the same mold. Satori’s tone devoid of any emotions save for the hint of sarcasm in the beginning, especially in contrast of her pet’s retort and the yaksha’s concealed annoyance (which is quite useless in front of her). It’s the nature of an oni to respond to overt displays of power with their own, and it’s the nature of a deity of war like Kanako to assert her dominance. The clash seems logical, yet is restrained by Konngara’s remarkable self-control and Kanako’s sense of etiquette, which has proven to be quite an entertaining display for the satori. This evening has been full of surprises.
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Kanako Yasaka » 28 Feb 2013 01:53

Kanako would just allow a very serpentine smirk at the notion of bringing her own moon. A black moon? Is that so. She rather liked that title, and might just steal it for her own. Much like how she admitted quietly to herself she stole so much else. The Moriya goddess was not too proud to say as much, in private. To get ahead in life one had to kill, steal and beg for whatever they could. That had been the entirety of her human existence, and godhood was little better. It was just a little more civilized, and she didn't have to hurt people anymore to get her way. Well, not physically, at any rate. Just more forceful verbal leverage was needed. But this Kasha; she'd overlooked the hellcat the first time she'd interfered down here. She'd only seen the potential in Okuu. But Rin was quite the firebrand, and it was possible she could make use of that. That, and Kanako could not help but feel a little sting at the notion that she had indeed hurt someone with her actions, even if she lied to herself that she felt otherwise.

"A black moon you say? Well. That could be arranged."

The snake goddess sat cross-legged across from Orin and Satori, next to Shizuha. A glimmer of light appeared in her mirror, which inverted suddenly to become an absence of light. She bent the air around it carefully, without moving a muscle. It was all thought now, somatic gestures no longer required to work her divinity. She'd come a long way in a thousand and a half years.. Suddenly there was a roiling celestial body hovering above the table they sat around, the air constantly bending the light so that it was forever a blackened "moon." Star might be more appropriate, but her powers were not unlimited.

"Is that to your liking, Rin? I apologize if it's not quite what you were expecting, but it's the best I can do without more preparation. Tell you what, come visit me on Youkai Mountain with your friend sometime, and I'll put on a real show worthy of the Yasaka name."

She turned, inclining her head at the voice of Satori. How forward the goddess was, yet proper; she addressed the pet first and politely ignored the mistress until it suited her to respond. She always chose her insults for carefully calculated infliction of maximum annoyance. Yet while she had no real use for Satori, finding her stuffy and lacking in wit compared to Rin and not possessing the fire and zest for life Okuu held, she did not hate her. She was simply looking out for her own, which was something Kanako could understand.

"I'm always busy, Miss Komeiji, but I make time for the things I feel to be important. And celebrating certain festivities are very important to me."

Surface thoughts for the deity were readable. Oh how readable they were. But to delve into them...it was likely overwhelming, even for a Satori. To read a god's mind was like diving into an ocean when you were normally jumping into a lake. The depths were there, but terrifyingly far down. Except all the darkness was at the surface, and the light was deeper down, diffused through layers of thought and emotion all rolled together and smashing into the logic processes. It was almost inseparable, what she felt emotionally from what she thought logically. And right now that roiling ocean was momentarily fixated on Rin, with subsidiary thoughts of Utsuho. It was hard to tell precisely what she had in mind, but there were glimmers of brighter lights here and there, points of fixation. Interest, rumblings and suggestions of ideas coming to the fore.
Kanako Yasaka
Alternate Character

Postby Rin Kaenbyou » 09 Mar 2013 11:11

The hellcat had just begun to rise from her seat besides Satori, her gaze fixed upon the Moriya shrine goddess, but completely halted in her motion. The colour blanched from her face as her mistress’s playful tease gave way to a sharp rebuke. The satori maiden’s words had snuffed any sparks of impertinence in her pet. The kasha turned her head towards Satori, but wasn’t able to meet her gaze. The kasha’s two tails laid still against the fabric of her dress as she stared down at the ground beside her master. It wasn’t even necessarily what the satori maiden had said, but the subtle shift in her demeanor. Orin knew she had strayed a couple steps too far in testing the elder Komeiji’s patience.

“Of course I mean what I said! I’d read every last book in your library-- but, let’s start with just a coupla of ‘em like ya said, Satori-sam’nya. I won’t disappoint you. An’ ya’ve got some more books on corpses? It’d be hard to beat the last one, with all those funny headed gods. ‘Course that one was mostly just pictures. I still enjoyed it. An’ of course I promise not to fall asleep, however comfortable I may be!” The kasha’s words were merely an audible echo of her earnest desire to prove her devotion. ‘Ah I’ve really gone an’ done it, stammering out excuses like that. I’m.. I’m sorry about that. I would love to discuss ‘em, there’s still so much I don’ understand.’ Without a doubt Satori would hold the kasha to what she had said, and should the hellcat fail... Orin visibly shuddered at the thought, ‘Well I won’t fail then.’

“Ah Satori-sam’nya... I s’pose I have been a bit absent from the Palace lately. But I’ve made all sorts of friends.” ‘An’ I’ve still been looking after Okuu and making sure she doesn’t do some damn fool thing like try an’ end the world again.’

The kasha rose completely to her feet, standing behind and to the right of her mistress in silence. She wasn’t expecting Kanako to answer her verbal barb so readily, and watched the black moon with a a keen interest. Her resentment of the goddess struggled to quell her rising curiosity. ‘Now how in the hell did she manage to do that. It doesn’t look like she made it the same way Okuu makes her stars... plus there’s no heat.’ Orin could sense Satori’s shift in mood, the tension was as plain as day... in the moon light.. make that the black moon's non-light. First the little parlor trick with the black moon, and now an open invitation for the pair to be the personal guests of the goddess... far from the comforts of their home and the watchful eyes of their master. Kanako’s intentions could not be more clear. It was like a declaration of war. Orin doubted her master would stoop so low as to resort to open hostilities with the goddess, but she wasn't quite sure how Satori would react. She remained the very picture of vigilance, her ears pricked forward and alert, and her gaze alternating between the black moon and the seated goddess.

“Now isn't that lovely, it's just like I asked for. A black moon for a black cat, to match the black subterranean sun in a black hell..." 'Born straight from a black heart of a viper' "an’ this is nothing more than a shadow of the true splendor of Moriya?”
Rin Kaenbyou
Main Character

Postby Konngara » 10 Mar 2013 07:48

Konngara chuckled to herself, not expecting this many to show as she may have assumed. She calmly arises from her seat and speaks the following.

"I kindly welcome those from my realm I rule who have visited. I truly did not expect anyone to attend. It is quite enjoyable with company at times, looking at the moon. If you find any of this not to your liking, my heartfelt apologies to everyone here."
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 15 Mar 2013 05:08

While the 'festivities' continued within the shrine, the occupants would hear a rich, husky voice growing louder from outside, belting out an ondo with a quick 2-beat measure, "oni ha korose nai sake ja korose nai
sokonashi numa no kimottama ga nomihoshi te shimau zo," before the form of Yuugi Hoshiguma stepped into the room, her singing trailing off and a wide grin forming as she felt the palpable tension in the room, "I hope no of ya ruined a perfectly good cave moon-viewing by starting a fight without waiting for me to arrive. Sorry for being so fashionably late, Konngara."

Taking a quick glance around the room as she had a sip of her sake, the oni'd greet the others in turn, "Kanako? What brings ya here? Did yer underlings evict ya from the mountain? And what've we here? The kasha and her mistress? What brings the hearse and her driver from their oh-so-splendid palace? Ah, and the goddess of dead leaves too? The cat isn't dragging you off to the fireplace is she?" She asks, glancing between each of the various yokai and goddesses, before moving to take a seat. "Such august company for a simple moon-viewing. Wait, that is the word, yeah? With how busy it's been getting down here, I'm tryin' to remember the old courtesies again."
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Postby Shizuha Aki » 16 Mar 2013 21:21

Shizuha had mostly been sitting quietly, enjoying sake in moderation and the feeling of meeting new people. She did blush, though, when Rin described her handiwork in such glowing terms. "Thank you, sincerely. It means a lot to me to have people appreciate my handiwork."

Kanako's presence, however, was kind of... worrisome. Last time the wind goddess had come down here, rumor had it, she'd created the underground sun. What was she up to this time?

...creating an underground moon, apparently. She could sense that it was ephemeral, impermanent, but it was an impressive work of faith nonetheless. However, it was being done at Konngara's shrine, and would be taking faith away from the yaksha. Perhaps this was Kanako's goal, to tell the newcomer where her place was (beneath Moriya Shrine).

She turned to Kanako and said sweetly, "That is rather remarkable, but this is Miss Konngara's night, her festival. It wouldn't be seemly for a guest here to put herself out for a show like that, don't you agree?" She poured the other goddess a glass of sake and said, "Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the food and company."

Then Yuugi arrived, probably drawn by some kind of oni party sense, and Shizuha got a little nervous. She had indeed contracted with Yuugi to make sake out of maple syrup, but she'd never met the oni herself, always dealing through her youkai subordinates. As such, she wasn't prepared for the sheer presence Yuugi had. "Um, hi, Yuugi! I'm Shizuha Aki, I had you brew some maple syrup to sake earlier, and it's really good. I never got a chance to thank you for it."
Shizuha's Journal
<Kogasa> 1d100 Shizuha is wonderful
<Director> Kogasa, Shizuha is wonderful: 100 [1d100=100]
Shizuha Aki
Main Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 23 Mar 2013 08:46

Satori’s own thoughts were a mixed feeling of aggressive lashings and the equal but opposite reaction of retained calmness. Nothing out of the ordinary for, say, courtiers in court functions but for a reclusive like herself it’s a relatively rare condition to be in. Fortunately enough the lack of outright hostilities in the function seems to keep her more overt emotion at check. In fact, Satori seems to be positively more withdrawn from the occasion for a moment after Kanako’s introduction. Her mind wanders in a vast world she rarely gets the opportunity to visit.

Divine beings are quirky, Satori noticed. Those who have narrow domains and, more often than not, narrow interests can be human-like or even below human-like in their surface thoughts. It’s when you delve deep inside one’s mind that you can appreciate the unique nuances that their deeper understanding on their domains brings; an almost primordial wisdom even. Take the autumn goddess for example, her normal thoughts are innocuous enough, but glimpses of her psyche revealed an intimate knowledge of the changing seasons and nature, all of which Satori knew little about. Kanako’s thoughts are similar, but the extents of her psyche are grand in scope, a veritable dungeon that Satori would need a long time to explore. Unwilling to spend time or the effort to do that, she settled on glimpses of attention, idle thoughts and current interest.

Then the tension seems to settle in a calm albeit uneasy middle-ground as she returned from her journey, she could sense her kasha watching the newly-created black moon, hearing the sky goddess boasting about the splendor of her shrine, the party host seemingly overwhelmed by the party turnout, and sensing the autumn goddess’ less than pleased attitude towards her neighbor. Dazzled slightly at the aftermath of her own little adventure, Satori took the opportunity provided by her slipping beneath everyone’s attention to finish her tea in one gulp, regaining much needed refreshment by the (remarkably warm, hell-wise) beverage.

“…Mmm? Ah, of course Orin. There are still quite a number of them.” Finally choosing to address the kasha’s question, “-and I don’t mind you being active in the surface. I know you’re a responsible one, unlike certain others I can mention.”

”Quite,” Satori turns to address the sky goddess, “Though I wasn’t aware of your interest of other shrine’s festivals, much less something as far off the beaten path as this shrine.”

The conversation, of course, is interrupted by the sheer presence of an oni walking to a party. If nothing else, at least the oni can boast that they can make anything louder, from her experience. Another thing her experience showed her was that one of the Devas like Hoshiguma can make it twofold, nay threefold. Experience also taught her that she will need a few more, non-alcoholic, drinks to calm her nerve. Rising from her seat, she makes her way towards the shrine yaksha’s seat, cup in hand. ”Another cup of tea if I may, Miss Konngara.”
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Kanako Yasaka » 23 Mar 2013 18:33

Kanako acknowledged the Oni's intrusion with barely a blink of an eye, her dazzling smile and polite tone betraying nothing. She stayed reclined where she was, wine-red eyes fixated on the mass of muscle that moved entirely too fast for its size.

"I recieved an invitation of course, and I would be remiss to not attend such a celebration. Our hostess has been exceedingly kind and thoughtful."

The goddess looked as if she were about to respond to Satori and Rin when Shizuha interjected. There was an awkward pause, which the goddess recovered from splendidly, allowing that smile and slit-eyed gaze to fall upon the despoiler of summertime. Only Satori would be privy to her true feelings when she spoke, which was as proper and polite as ever, dismissing her black moon with an airy wave of her hand.

"Of course, you are quite correct my dear. I have been too forward and I humbly beg my hostess's forbearance with my impetuous nature. I only sought to help assuage Rin's desire to see a moon. I have no doubt Konngara can attend to that just fine by herself."

If Satori peered in for even a moment longer, it'd be like plunging into an icy lake. The temperamental goddess had a fury that possibly exceeded even that genocidal flower youkai, though it was far more discriminate and petty. There would be not a single doubt to Satori that if there had been a single opportunity, Kanako would have torn Shizuha limb from limb for her remark, incredible insecurity overwhelmed only at the last moment by the cold calculus of saving face. For a bare moment, the terrified human she'd once been was revealed, wrapping herself in the trappings of power as she dined with the same sorts of monsters that had preyed on her own kind for aeons. There was also the last, fleeting sense that Kanako knew very well that someone was watching, even if she could do little to dissuade it. The icy current of fury and fear would subside, replaced by a carefully constructed contentment. A self-deception that seemed to visibly relax her.
Kanako Yasaka
Alternate Character

Postby Konngara » 23 Mar 2013 21:45

Konngara withdrew herself within the shrine momentarily and came back with a few bottles of the finest Sake for the oni who had just joined them. She had calmly handed them to the oni and gave a nod to her. She had only been focused on making sure that everyone was satisfied with this party, then spoke up to the others after noticing some slight tension.

"Now, now, there is no need for any squabbling between any of you, you are all here to enjoy yourselves and that is what I plan on you doing."Konngara and then walked over to Satori, calmly pouring her more tea and giving a nod. She then turned her attention to the moon, something about it always seeming to calm her. Then turned to face Yuugi.

"I am rather surprised that an oni such as yourself went through all of the trouble to involve yourself in this festivity. I am rather surprised it is one of the four devas as well and an old friend. how have you been yourself, Yuugi?"

Konngara then had a seat again, and went back to observing the moon.
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Rin Kaenbyou » 30 Mar 2013 09:41

The hellcat’s coal black ears pricked towards the sound of the song, slowly turning her head with out another word. Though she sang in a much lower register, Yuugi’s voice still had its charms. Orin shifted her attention to the mountain deva, her blazing tails beginning to keep time to the duple measure. It seemed the star-horned oni had brought along all the usual rowdy cheer.

The kasha and her mistress? What brings the hearse and her driver from their oh-so-splendid palace? Ah, and the goddess of dead leaves too? The cat isn't dragging you off to the fireplace is she?"

“Well don’ you like to go an’ make an entrance for yourself sis” ‘ya really coulda phrased that better, ol’ one horn could tear down a mountain if it got in her way an’ she had the mind to.’ “Though that only stands to reason. Oni aren’t much known for their subtlety. If ya must know sis, we’re here for a spot of moon viewin’ and accompanying festivities... you just missed quite the sight, courtesy of the Moriya goddess.”A little flattery never hurt... better a complacent enemy than an alert one.

The kasha paused a moment, steepling her hands. Her scarlet eyes darted over towards Shizuha, her lips curling up over her fangs in a delighted smile. She had ever considered that gods would burn. Humans, youkai, oni... all transient beings susceptible to the corruption of malice and hatred; Their curses would strip them from the samsara and the sins of their burning souls would feed the furnaces... perhaps goddesses weren’t quite that different from the mortals they lorded over. The Hellcat’s eyes widened, absolutely radiant at her epiphany. How brightly would a god burn, given the weight of the curses and sorrows upon them.

The kasha’s voice was steeped in an oddly cheerful malevolence. “Oh I bet that would be a lovely sight, sis. But no, I wouldn’ drag Shizuha off, not when there are plenty more deservin’ an’ believe me sis, the line of those who deserve it is as long as the Sanzu is wide. An’ what’s this Yuugi, you just come from a visit with your favourite bridge princess? Ya really shouldn’ be so resentful sis.”

“…Mmm? Ah, of course Orin. There are still quite a number of them.” Finally choosing to address the kasha’s question, “-and I don’t mind you being active in the surface. I know you’re a responsible one, unlike certain others I can mention.”

“Thank you Satori-sam’nya.” The kasha’s cruel smile softened into content grin and her tails curled with happiness at the compliment. As independent as she was, she didn’t consider herself above a little praise. “And I didn’ mean it like that, though” Orin brushed her bangs back out of her eyes in a small show of worry. “She is tryin’ real hard, Satori-sam’nya, she’s just... a bit flighty y’know?” Rin knew it wouldn’t be necessary to elaborate. ‘An’ the less we talk ‘bout Okuu in front of that viper from the mount the better.’ The kasha’s attention shifted to the seated Moriya goddess. Despite the goddess’s punctilious behavior, Rin could catch the biting edge to Kanako’s words. ‘I reckon they aren’t so different from humans after all. She’d burn brighter than the subterranean sun.’
Rin Kaenbyou
Main Character

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 30 Mar 2013 23:04

The oni's head tracked from each part of the conversation as her greetings were returned, somewhat amused at the utter lack of of a rise she'd gotten from the satori, before she'd glance to the mountain goddess, "Wish I'd known there were gonna be such fancy people around, or I'd have dressed a bit nicer. I'm curious just HOW ya got invited, though. I've found the fliers all over Hell, but I'm surprised that one made its merry way up yer mountain. I 'spose Konngara woulda been in it deep if she weren't invitin' the other bigwigs though." As the Oni settles back against the wall of the shrine, and peers down at the kasha, she shifts just a bit uncomfortably as she spots the gears in the feline's head clanking away on some train of thought. "What sight would that be? Did she go and give ya the power to create suns as well? Seems all sortsa interesting stuff happens whenever Kanako comes around. Hey, if ya get a chance, let Okuu know I'm wantin' a rematch after that last fight we had as well."

And as abruptly as that, Yuugi's turning her attention towards Shizuha, "Ah, heh, I remember that. Gotta admit, can't remember if I'd ever done that before your request. Kinda an odd one, if ya ask me, but I'm glad it was up to par for a goddess. If there's anything the oni know, it's the brewers' trade. Well, that, and fighting. And parties too, I suppose. Thank ya for the drink, Konngara, I'm not too late to see the moon, am I? And I've been doing well enough. Been thinkin' of a trip up topside to give everyone a reminder that we're all still down here, and they're more than welcome to come join us. Hells, I bet if we got enough folks together we could get a party going that would shake the earth under the surface-dwellers' feet!" She proclaims, a somewhat mad gleam in her eyes as she imagines what that'd be like, before her face shifts to a more thoughtful expression, as she begins to work out the details of a party so large in her head.
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Postby Shizuha Aki » 07 Apr 2013 22:12

Shizuha figured, through simple intuition, that Kanako was upset at being upstaged by an "inferior" goddess, though she was not privy to the depths of the wind goddess's barely contained homicidal fury. If she had to guess, she had about a year before the Suwako shrine tried to crush her. Minoriko, bless her heart, had remained content to serve as goddess of the harvest, and would probably not be a match for Kanako; thus, it was up to her elder sister to protect her.

However, today was not a day for fighting. Today was a day for partying. Though for oni like Yuugi, they're probably one and the same. That brought up a second thought. She absent-mindedly passed around satchels of maple candy to Kanako and Yuugi with a courteous "Here, try these. I made them myself."

She then turned her attention to Konngara. "You know, I don't know that much about you, unfortunately." Satori could feel her mentally tiptoeing as she phrased the question. "You and Yuugi seem to know each other pretty well, and you have a horn like hers, so... are, or were, you an oni?"

Perhaps it could be a little more tactful. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to, though."
Shizuha's Journal
<Kogasa> 1d100 Shizuha is wonderful
<Director> Kogasa, Shizuha is wonderful: 100 [1d100=100]
Shizuha Aki
Main Character

Postby Konngara » 07 Apr 2013 22:48

Konngara was calmly observing everyone and enjoying a cup of sake, when the suddenness of Shizuha's question caught her attention. All Konngara could do was let out a laugh and then looked to the goddess. Her red eyes were gazing at the goddess intimidatingly, yet her expression was as calm as always. She then spoke up after this.

"If you are interested in the matter, young goddess, I will gladly tell you. You see I am a yaksha actually. Most tend to have dual personalities. My other personality was rather power hungry and violent." Konngara continued to enjoy some sake while saying this. "It was this personality that wound up having me executed by having a metal spike impaled in my forehead, by an ancestor of the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei." Konngara then made her legs appear to vanish as a ghostly tail appeared in their stead.

"As you see, I am dead. I was given this task of dominion over hell instead of eternally suffering for my sins. Since then I have been training myself and relieving stress as to make sure that part of me never rears its head again. I met Yuugi during my time of training. She was rather gracious enough to offer shelter whilst I trained and learned about the Ancient City. We soon became fast acquaintances."
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 13 Apr 2013 18:02

While the gathering becomes merrier by the minute, Satori becomes more and more withdrawn on her private thoughts. It helps that she has been lost in the shuffle, her smaller stature and tendency to talk in a softer voice is drowned by the larger oni and goddess, not to mention the other goddess and even her own pet being more active in conversation pretty much guarantee her continued descent to the background. Not that it’s particularly annoying to Satori. She very much prefers staying in the background and perceives the little nuances of the conversation. It’s interesting how the contrast between their thoughts and their words, how their social machinations are turning…

*sips tea*

”Oh, it’s not Okuu. I was referring to the younger ones.” Orin and Okuu are the seniors, the two of them are supposed to set the bar towards the other pets. In that sense they’re supposed to guide them on the whats and what-nots…Orin moreso than Okuu. ”Okuu might be less experienced than you on the surface but I feel she’s more than able to take care of herself.” She pauses for a bit to take another sip from her tea, ”…Though I do wish she’s a little less impulsive that may come with time.” While Kanako might take that as a little personal dig, Satori didn’t exactly intend for the statement to be perceived that way. Provoking the aggressive might not be the best course of action after all, especially something that will make her stand in the line of fire.
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 14 Apr 2013 20:50

A horrible sight had greeted the bridge princess when she woke up this morning. Paper. Paper, everywhere. The river had plastered them against each of the pylons, nearly up to the first layer of straw dolls that hung from their gray and rusting nails. She blinked her eyes in shock, taking in the horrific sight for all it had to offer.

Parsee immediately waded into the gently flowing water, eventually venturing waist deep to diligently gather the accumulated literature. She held one of the less crumpled pieces, frowning at the bleeding ink as if to make it reverse course with just an intense stare. Feeling the water running so freely around her did not make things much better. No, it just reminded her of what she didn't have. What she couldn't have.

Soon, Parsee found herself cursing the paper while squatting upon the shore. As luck would have it, a fresh sheet blew past her. Perhaps it was a divine wind that brought the crisp paper to her attention; she grabbed it, reading off the information aloud, to the only one who was listening: herself.

"Silent Shrine would like to cordially welcome any visitors willing to join us in the celebration of the last moon before Harvest season is over. Join us in some tea drinking, and of course, as Underground Tradition holds, in some good Oni Sake sharing.

There is no Fee, just come and join the crowd!

Sincerely
Silent Shrine Management"

Parties. Drunken revelry. Things she hated, but still yearned for. It would be attention - Sustenance she craved, but at the same time rejected outright. Feelings of self-loating bubbled up for wanting to attend; her heart bounced at the aspect of being invited, but seethed at the same time. Parsee looked over the invitation again. "Silent Shrine... That place?"

In an instant, she made up her mind. Such desecration of her bridge would not be unanswered! With that, she stood up, collecting the waterlogged remains of the invitations in her arms, and with one last glance at her bridge, she took flight for the shrine. It wasn't long before Parsee found the precise location of this gathering. She approached from behind the seated figures, making every attempt to find a lull in the conversation in which to make herself known.

"I found these, on my bridge! You wouldn't believe the miserable mess they made! On my bridge!" Parsee's words seethed with the same anger that tried her hardest to remain quiet, but she couldn't resist making a fuss at this point. Perhaps it was an subconscious desire to make a grander entrance than those around her, although she hadn't really bothered to assess precisely who was there before throwing the mass of wet paper down near the foot of the table. Nevertheless, the rings of her eyes flashed as she continued berating everyone at this pointing, her voice taking a sharp accusatory tone. "...They were everywhere! All over my precious bridge! Who is responsible for this!?"
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

PreviousNext

Return to Archive