(Closed) Tenth Week

Archive for threads set in the Underworld.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

Re: (Private) Tenth Week

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 23 Nov 2012 21:59

A few weeks past, this behaviour, as preferable as it was in most eyes, would have alarmed Parsee, little more than cause to feel even more concern for the strange flower youkai than she typically did. After all, before, this would have been a sign of distress. Shock, perhaps. Something that had shaken Yuuka badly enough to knock her out of her typical demeanor, however briefly. Something had to crack or break for this side to show, and all too often, it seemed to be the Flower Master herself that did so, rather than her mask alone.

As strange as it might seem, few things worried Parsee quite as much as the smallest trace of normalcy or sanity from her green-haired friend, not for her actions, not for her words, but for what they signified.

"Thank you, Mizuhashi Parsee. For everything." Six words she had never expected to hear from anyone, let alone Yuuka. And while the bridge princess could make some guesses as to what she had done, it was not, in her mind, anything that merited gratitude. Simply what she had wished to do, time and again, for her own reasons. Looking at where they stood now, she would not have chosen any other path.

But today, none of this worried her. Not a single cause for fright, concern or alarm. This, after all, had come after healing, not another break. This was not a slip, a crack, a glimpse beyond the mask shown in a moment of terrible vulnerability. To her, at least, the taller youkai's actions were nothing of the sort. No, this was simple progress. After all these years, somehow, Yuuka was beginning to change, and that was all there was to it. It was not, in any way, unfamiliar to her. Far from it. After all, this was no different from what had been happening to her.

And if she could change, there was hope for anyone.

After letting Yuuka's hand go, she follows along for a few steps, with a rare sort of smile; not only the mouth, but the eyes as well, for once, as she looks over to her friend - curious, once broken, frightful at times, strange and quite, quite mad. A monster? Perhaps. An entirely irreplaceable monster, then, that she could simply not bear to go without. It took one to understand one, after all.

A shame she was leaving already, but it couldn't be helped.

"I could tell you just the same, you know," the bridge princess finally answers, all smiles and quite confident now. "I don't know about you, but as long as you don't suddenly tire of me, I'd happily call it even at the very least. So thank you, Yuuka; you've done far more than you realize."

She nods slightly, rather pleased, before briefly placing one hand on the taller youkai's shoulder - a little challenging, as ever.

"See you next week, then. I'll be looking forward to it."
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Previous

Return to Archive