(Open) A Mind Reader's Heart

Archive for threads set in the Underworld.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

(Open) A Mind Reader's Heart

Postby Satori Komeiji » 09 Mar 2012 04:00

Another day, one more to shelf in her innumerable weeks, one more to add to the untrackable months, and the hardly worthy of tracking years. She sat up, and tucked her feet into her usual slippers, not bothering to open her sleepy eyes.

Another sleepless night, one more to keep her eyes heavy, one more to stain the dark circles a bit more, one more to add to her hardly caring face. She stood, and shuffled to get ready. To get into her oufit of the everyday, to see that things had not exploded, to see that things where in order. Her movements dragged, lagged, and seemed to have very little power placed in them. Once ready she came out of her room and toward the main hall.

Another empty hell, one more empty chair, one more empty room, once more, all laid alone. Satori dragged her chair out and sat, the quiet of the house overlapped by the usual thoughts, her eyes glued onto the table. The mistress of the palace must have sat there for about an hour, what did it matter? She stood and moved to go to the open grounds of the Palace of Earth and spirits. Sitting at one of the outdoor chairs, she leaned back, and listened to those outside.

Who will appear today? I wonder if someone will come exploring this far? ...Maybe Koishi will visit....Ah, what does today hold?
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Re: (Open) A Mind Reader's Heart

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 13 Mar 2012 18:49

If Satori reclines in her chair, though, she might notice a certain something sitting on one of the mansion's protrusions. On a closer look, it seems to be that spider that pokes around every now and then, never worried about the fact that this is technically private property. They've met a couple times, but not much substantial. Yamame tends to think Satori is pretty nice, if a bit weird - but at least, being a fundamentally honest sort, she never seems to mind Satori's mindreader powers much.

At the moment, however, Yamame is grinning and resting. She's leaning against the wall on her high spot, sipping on a bottle of something contentedly, and watching the crystal veins in the far end of the cave and how they rail and shine from the conducted light of the fires of Hell below them, much like surfacers may watch the cherry blossoms fall.
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Koakuma » 13 Mar 2012 20:51

At the request of her mistress, Koakuma had gone on a short trip to the underground for a list of certain items to be used in experiments that were hard to find on the surface. Mushrooms that didn't grow in the Forest of Magic, moss and lichen, and some particular gemstones that were good conductors of mana were a few of the things she was looking for, some harder than others. She was also to record and bring a sample of anything undocumented, as there could be potential uses for something that was yet to be discovered. It was a simple enough task in and of itself, all she really needed to do was keep her eyes open while she traversed the tunnels. The problem was not getting lost while doing so.

Not being a resident of the underground, the little devil didn't have a clue where she was going half the time, and after what seemed like ages she managed to stumble across the ancient city of hell. Even though it was good to find a reliable point of reference, she still didn't know where she was either so it would be a moot point unless she asked someone how to get out. Besides that, she had some time to kill in the meantime. She had the whole day to actually find the things she was looking for, so taking a break beforehand wouldn't bad. And what Patchouli didn't know, didn't hurt her!

Walking through the town, she didn't see very many people, and those she did see weren't in any state of mind to give directions. I might've gotten here earlier than I should have...I did leave before the sun was even up, but I could have sworn I was lost for quite a while. She noticed a building that stood out near the center of town, and thought it resembled a building that her mistress had mentioned once before, in helping to solve an incident. As she passed by the Palace of the Earth Spirits, she saw someone in a chair and another on the building itself, the first two she'd seen that weren't hazy from having just woken up. Good, I can probably get some information from them. She moved up to them, giving a curt bow. "Hello there. I was a little lost and was wondering if you could give me some directions."
Koakuma
Free Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 13 Mar 2012 21:54

Ah, the spider seems to be enjoying herself... Satori was indiffrent to the spider, and rather, she saw Yamame as another one like her pets that roamed hell and would take shelter in her palace now and again. She saw this chance as a small company, those that did not have to say anything to know they were there. Satori allowed Yamame to rest on the manor, being that, no one else really gave is any use other than Satori herself.

Another set of strange thoughts caught her attention. Apparently this tourist to the caves was looking for something, but she wasn't quite thinking of what right now, so Satori was unable to tell what this certain item was. visitor? How wonderful.. As she finished her thoughts, the bat winged girl came to her. With her usual look, the mistress of the palace looked up," So I see," Satori looked at the newcomer," It depends to where you are heading. Are you even remotely sure of where you are going, by the way?"

MAybe Satori was loud enough to catch Yamame's attention, afterall, the hell spider might know Former Hell a bit better than the mindreader did. "If you are looking for a specific place or an item, how about you begin by telling me what you are looking for?"

"..And a small piece of advice, going by the sun as a measurement for time, is quite ineffective."
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 15 Mar 2012 22:44

Indeed, what Yamame lacks in sight she makes up with terrific hearing. She's heard the whole conversation, and looked down curiously. A little devil - maybe the same one that asked for those books back on Christmas?

In any case, she simply lets herself slide of the protrusion she was camping on, falling from on high without flying (Yamame is really quite terrible at flying), somersaulting in the middle and landing in a perfect gymnast pose. And her bottle hasn't spilled a drop.

Showoff.

"Yo, Sato!" the spider waves, grinning with that friendly grin of hers. She then turns to Koakuma "Heard you guys talkin', so I thought y'could use a hand an'stuff! I know this place preeeetty well, see. Been doin' some guided tours! Hope y'didn't mind I showed off yer house when th'little gal came down an' all. Just th'gardens, tho, promise!" And indeed, all that's in the heart of Yamame is what she's saying - the only reason she didn't introduce the little human erudite to Satori was that Satori happened to not answer when Yamame hit the door. The idea the human and the guardian might be put off by Satori's mndreading didn't even cross her mind. "'nyway, name's Yamame, Earth Spider. Nice t'meet'cha!" she says, grinning wide and extending a hand at Koa for a shake.

She looks up and chuckles when Satori makes her quip, though. "Welp, really depends on if y'can keep up with it or not, Sato. If it'll help, girlie? It's 'bout four hours past midday up there, give or take an hour".
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Koakuma » 18 Mar 2012 23:15

"I suppose that would be a good requirement for asking directions, yes..." Without any actual destination in mind, Koakuma couldn't exactly ask for directions around the entire underground labyrinth. It would be more practical to have a guide of some kind in case she were to get lost, as a map would be all but useless if she didn't know where she was on it. "Unfortunately, I don't have any set destination in mind, as I'm just going to be gathering various ingredients from the surroundings. I should amend my earlier statement; I'm more likely to need a guide or the like instead of directions." She gave a curious tilt of her head at Satori's statement about using the sun as a measurement of time. That's strange, I didn't mention that at all...it's probably nothing.

It was at this point that the one on the roof had decided to leap down in an exaggerated fashion and join in on the conversation. From the sounds of things, they were exactly what the little devil was looking for...but it seemed a little too convenient. I don't know anyone down here, so I shouldn't just take everything at face value... Yamame did bring up a point that she had missed though. She'd entirely forgotten to introduce herself! "Ah, where are my manners? I'm Koakuma, familiar of Patchouli Knowledge. Pleased to meet you." She gave a curt bow to the two before continuing. "And I was just in need of a guide such as yourself, although I'm in no hurry..." She wasn't on any time limit after all, as there wasn't any desperate need for the ingredients. The time did surprise her though. "That late already? Goodness, I didn't think I'd been wandering around for that long!"
Koakuma
Free Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 19 Mar 2012 02:19

"Ah, Yamame, pleasure to see you join us," Satori said, as she slowly begun to get up, as if she was delaying the inevitable. Once on her feet, she sighed at the spider," So long as you do not bring strangers into my mansion, I could not careless about them wondering the gardens."

"What an impressing ability, I would have guessed it was later, then again, time meas very little to me," the eldest Komeiji commented as Yamame gave Koakuma the time of the day.

Ah this little one seems to be confused as to how I can read her thoughts, I will let her figure it out on her own, I owe her nothing to be forced to tell her of my abilities. I care little if it is rude. "Knowing no one down here won't endanger your presecence, I believe," Satori commented, she had an eye closed as she typically did when thinking, but her other eye was open as she glanced at Koakuma," The oni only wish to party, my pets won't mind you so long as you don't cause trouble, and the other youkai, they are much like Yamame, friendly, if a bit childish." She said so like a compliment, mind you, even if with Satori it was hard to tell.

"Ingridients?" Satori brought a hand up to her chin, and closed both eyes pensively. Even when her eyes closed, her third eye remained wide open. "I know there is a few useful material by the Bridge, and maybe more than a handful in the Ancient City...and there might be a few even in this garden."

Reopening her eyes she turned to Yamame specifically, ignoring Koakuma for a moment," If you plan to tour this young youkai, would you mind if I came along? I was heading to see some of my pets, and perhaps find some ingridients myself."

Now, she turned to Koakuma only," Pleasure to meet you, despite your unannounced visit, I am Komeiji Satori, the mistress of this palace."
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 24 Mar 2012 22:38

Patchouli? "Ah, so ya're th'lil devil livin' with th'wizard up at th'mansion in th'middle of that lake? Heard some stuff, but nice t'meet'cha face to face!" She then chuckles. "An' yah, I noticed you needed a guide such as m'self. 's why I jumped down an' offered, silly. Heard ya from all th'way up there, y'know" she says, with a big friendly smile.

The note on the time, though, makes her laugh as she dismisses Koakuma's worries. "Don't worry. Y'peeps up there work by sun an' moon an's stuff. 's hard to keep track down here by th'wind an' stuff if ya're not used to it"

She then turns to Satori as the mindreader speaks to her. "Honest, I did want t'bring'em into yer house an' all, but I knocked an' nobody answered. 's a pity, I think you'da liked'em. They're all smart an' love books an' all, like ya do" the spider answers, smiling. If Satori wants to get a read on Keine and Akyu, it really wouldn't be hard to get it from Yamame. She wears her heart in her sleeve.

The next commment does make her laugh, though. "Hahahaha. Childish? Maybe! Tho I know a few peeps up there that would agree's better t'keep me away from children" Yamame says, amused. The thought gets derailed, though, when Satori says she wants to tag along. Now that is unusual. Satori can undoubtedly read the loud thoughts of the spider on the matter - she's very surprised, but actually happy, surprisingly enough, and thinks Satori doesn't get nearly enough good company so she's happy for her - but let's be honest, anyone could read it on her face anyway. She's been too stunned to bluff. "Wha, serious? Y'wanna come? 'course, no problem!"

She turns to look at both. "'kay then! Y'two just got yerselves a new guide, then!" the spider grins happily with that shark mouth of hers. "Now question is, tho - what th'hell kinda ingredients are y'talkin' about? Y'know, so I know what we're lookin' for an' stuff". She winks mischievously "See, I find, havin' a rough idea of what yer lookin' for is a kinda important part of findin' it, y'know?"
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 04 Apr 2012 18:10

"Ah sorry, I must have been asleep," Satori said, of course, the mind reader hardly slept, but when she did, she passed out for a good few hours," I will think about it, perhaps next time I shall open the door if I hear you knocking."

Was Yamame surprised at her want to walk among her land? "Yes, I do want to come," Satori nodded raising an eyebrow," I may as well look for ingridients for a nice meal meant for my pets, they do deserve a treat, and given the opportunity, I may as well take it."

"Now, Miss Koaku-" Satori turned to the devil, but did she explode in flames or something? The mistress of the palace shielded her eyes behind a sleeve. By the time the firey explosion was over, the devil was gone," ....What just happened?'

"Ah...The devil must have been summoned." She muttered to herself, then shook her head," How rude to walk out like this." Then turning to Yamame she said," I would still like to find a few cooking ingridients, if you are still willing to lead me along."

The pink haired female much rather not inconvinience her guest, but she liked the spider who, in her own way, always treated her well. If things well she might invite her into the palace more often.
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 14 Apr 2012 16:38

Surprised indeed, yes. Satori never was known for being one to get out much, much less accompanied by someone as rowdy as Yamame. But this is a happy surprise, because Yamame really has thought that Satori should socialize a bit more for a bit.

She says nothing of this, though, simply grinning and nodding. "Yah, sure. Jus' tell me what ya wanna make an''m sure we'll find somethin'-" and suddenly she interrupts herself as Koakuma explodes into summoning fire, startling Yamame, who sidesteps by reflex and instinct, before any thought could form - and interestingly enough, into a stance in front of Satori, covering her.

...who probably doesn't need protecting, on second thought, the spider thinks as the startle passes and her conscious brain pipes up, and she realizes nothing happened anyway. She steps away, looking a bit confused.

"...wwwwelp. Any idea of what just happened t'lil' devil gal here?" No, Yamame has no idea about summoning. The magical sciences are not something she is much acquainted with!

"Anyway! Yeah, I was sayin', no prob. I know these tunnels better than anyone - I live here, don't'cha'know" Yamame grins, with a wink. "Know all th'best places t'get stuff. So, any idea for a dish we're lookin' for, or do we improvise a bit?"
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 14 Apr 2012 21:42

How odd for Yamame to jump infront of her, perhaps the spider thought Satori was a bit more fragile than she really was because of her frail looking frame. Completly opposite to outer look, the mindreader had little to be afraid of, just startled. She would not admit she found Yamame's actions a bit oddly touching, considering she was someone who knew little of compasion to her person.

"She must have been summoned, that is all." She finally answered once more, looking at where Koakuma had been," That is a very starteling exit, and rude at that. It cannot be helped though."

Beginning to ponder of what she should make," It would be nice to make some soup, a nice little mixture of overworld herbs and underworld ones. Maybe some of the local mushrooms and vegetation will do thet trick." Satori loved to cook, but it was something she liked to keep to herself, even if she could always use the extra ingridients. "Yes, a soup sounds wonderful for tonight." She nodded to herself.

"I do appreciate your offer, I will make sure to give you some of the soup when I am done," she said," As a treat for helping me, Yamame."
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Return to Archive