(Private) Human Greed

Archive for threads set in the Underworld.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

Re: (Private) Human Greed

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 21 Mar 2012 04:54

It was easy enough for anyone to see that Satori was stumbling, confused and lost. Parsee had succeeded in foiling her, that much was clear; a fact which gave her more pride and satisfaction than it rightly should. For the moment, they were on an even footing, or rather, she had the advantage. And, of course, the bridgekeeper would never have it any other way.

And now, this visitor, this Satori claimed to... envy her? For her cause, for her very imprisonment, for her simple wish to do what this strange youkai could do whenever she wished. Madness. Envy for the green-eyed monster; the very notion was laughably ironic, and completely foolish. The lack of her third eye had, evidently, made the mind-reader a good deal blinder than most.

"But of course I wish for freedom - what sort of madwoman would not? I wish for freedom, and for the injustices made against me to be righted. As simple as any youkai, oni, human or god. All I want is what you and so many others already have. There is nothing enviable in that, whether you choose to squander your own gift or not."

At the unexpected piece of praise, the bridge princess only shakes her head in weary exasperation. "I've done nothing to earn praise or respect - survival is its own reward, even in a place like this. I am not one to be respected, envied or scorned - I simply am, and that's quite enough. So please, spare me the flattery."
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 24 Mar 2012 06:58

"Then I must be a madwoman, I truly have no desire for freedom," Satori said," I rather live her, exiled by my own will and pride. Afterall, what does the surface have to offer to me?" There was a short pause, Satori continued, this time both her eyes closed, though her third eye peered ahead as it always did,"I do see it as a gift, but to many that freedom has lead to awful consequences, much more awful than your own, and truly a thousand times more painful. Sometimes, enslavement is the only salvation, though it is probably the most disliked one."

"I was not intending to flatter you, why would I do something like that?" Satori opened a single eye, amused,"I am simply speaking my mind. For someone to deserve a praise, there is many many things to be done. Though, like I said, I do give you credit for weathering in such a prominent manner."

"Like a pest almost, quite hard to get rid of, and you simply get used to them. They say that if you can't beat them, you can join them. Why not just ignore their existance?" Satori's small eerie smile appeared, as she peered ahead with a single eye, the third eye matching her gaze,"Hiding under a bridge make for very good cover..."

"Though, you truly didn't chose this place..."Satori opened both her eyes, her smile disappearing," Mhm, it could have been worse...You could had been force to watch a place where noone would ever reach you. At least here you have the occasional visits."
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 26 Mar 2012 23:55

"But of course, miss Komeiji - call yourself what you will, I wouldn't dream of denying you that. And by the same token, I ask that you leave me to seek my freedom, however... inadvisable you might think it to be." She looks at Satori briefly, then walks away, having come to some sort of conclusion. This had gone on for long enough, and quite possibly a good deal longer than that.

"As you said, there are visitors, but they're quite rare. Small mercies, I suppose; I could do without most of them. It's come to something when an oni and a murderess are the best company one can find, but then, given the choice, I'm not sure if I would have it any other way these days. But then, of course, there are others."

Here, Parsee gives the other youkai a long look, before breaking into a smile, warm as ice and friendly as a knife's edge. "Pest-like, as you said, and quite hard to rid myself of. Tiring, bothersome, irritating and, though I may try to ignore them, endlessly persistent. Try as I might, I can't seem to stop them from intruding into my home. I do wish there was a way to do away with such nuisances, but what can you do?"
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 28 Mar 2012 01:30

"How considerate of you to allow me to do so," Satori's shoulders seemed to shake as if she was laughing, but she shook her head with a dubiously content smile. She stood up slowly, with her eyes closed once more, deligthed by the silence she found in Parsee,"Seek what you want, I truly have no reason or need to help you or advice you not to do so."

"Ah, what a nice thing, surprising yet nice," the mind reader, slowly made her way around the chair, resting a hand on the back rest," An oni and a killer? It is something you don't see everyday. Ha, a shelter. A shelter, a shelter...." She seemed to enjoy her ambigious statement. To her, it made perfect sense, in more than one, twisted way.

"Alas, the day has grown late above our heads. Above our cage.To your content, I must be going, my absence back in the Palace has been far too prolonged, and I have to go back to my beloved pets," Satori said, her eyes had remained closed, but she stilled seemed to turn her face to the rock ceiling. "Now, I feel as if I am leaving doors wide open,how can I mark the end of this interestingly lopsided conversation, ah, I know, I know." Satori turned to face Parsee over her shoulder, opening a single eye.

"Try not to die. If you do, all that you did will just get you a worse punishment~"

She snickered gleefully,"There we go."

Satori fixed the folds on her dress, and begun to walk off the bridge towards the Palace. "Ah, what a refreshing visit, indeed, indeed." Had she lost her mind? Or had she found what she had been looking for? Her blissfully chuckling sounded for a bit, as she walked away from Parsee. She stopped on she was on the rock, turning to face Parsee one last time, with one eye opened,"Little lamb, little lamb. Lost Lamb, lost lamb. When will you find what you desire?" Satori turned, and continued her way,"In a day? In your grave? Over the horizon, Under a rock? Little Lamb, Little Lamb. Lost Lamb, lost Lamb. Find a womb, or forever roam.~~'

She gave a laugh, a single one, as she walked into the shadows of the blazing hell. What had the mind reader been thinking? She seemed to have a diffrent bounce to her usually lazy steps.,...
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Previous

Return to Archive