[Open] Toasty Miko

Archive for threads set in the Underworld.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

[Open] Toasty Miko

Postby Reimu Hakurei » 13 May 2011 04:20

That devil Yukari. She was very, very good at planting a seed in Reimu's mind without Reimu realizing it until later.

-----

It had been an innocuous conversation. As so many Reimu had tended to do, the topic had turned to sweets. Reimu wasn't curious about many things from the outside world, but sweets were one of them, so she listened to Yukari's information on the matter with rapt fascination. One thing the youkai had discussed was something white and fluffy, something that stuck out in Reimu's mind the more she thought about it. Some casual hinting on her own part had guaranteed that... well, eventually a bag of the things had shown up, and from there Reimu had simply found herself a somewhat slow day and gone off on her latest venture. Sure, people might wonder about where she was, and people might need her, but oh well. She was sure they'd work it out while she was gone.

-----

So it was that Reimu sat in front of a large bonfire on a cliff on the edge of the Hell of Blazing Fires. She'd ignited the bonfire with some of that raging hellfire quite easily, and now she had all the warm she needed. Admittedly, it was nearly stifling, but she was willing to tolerate it for this interesting new outsider treat that Yukari had tantalized her with.

(She was fairly certain the gap youkai had done it on purpose. Any minute now, she'd have a few go missing, she suspected.)

So it was that the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise carefully impaled a pair of marshmallows on the end of a long piece of wire, and held them out towards the bottom of the fire, where it was warm.

"I hope this was worth it..."
Reimu Hakurei
Forum/IRC Moderator

Re: [Open] Toasty Miko

Postby Sanae Kochiya » 14 May 2011 21:38

Behind Reimu was the other miko of Gensokyo, floating around aimlessly. In the beginning, she was here because she thought she spotted a youkai that needed to be exterminated near the shrine, so she chased it all over, throwing random wards and charms in an effort to pacify it, only to realize that she chased it all the way down into Former Hell. How careless... she thought to herself, except she was not actually being honest to herself. That long chase was actually pretty satisfying once she pegged that damn youkai with a danmaku right to the head! The actual downside was that she was lost down here, with not a single guide to help her out.

So it was quite surprising that, on the edge of a cliff was the red-white, sitting around with a stick in her hand. Sanae blinked twice, to make sure she was not seeing things, before walking behind Reimu. “Uh...Miss Reimu? What are you doing here?” Because of the flames, Sanae could not see the marshmellows that laid on the end of the wire and thought that perhaps Reimu was doing some kind of strange meditation. At the same time, though, she questioned why Reimu was doing it in Hell of all places. “Is this some kind of weird voodoo ritual thingy? I didn't know you were that dedicated.”
Ctrl+F5 to see a new avatar! (Special thanks to Soga)
Sanae Kochiya
Alternate Character

Postby Yukari Yakumo » 16 May 2011 21:06

"A voodoo ritual thing? With my marshmellows? How worrisome. Did you add another six colours to spectrum while I was gone, Reimu? I thought it was only that rainbow-coloured one who dabbled in that sort of thing."

A gap, and a gap youkai. Not a normal occurrence in Gensokyo, but in this particular instance findable opposite a fire near you. Or specifically, opposite Reimu and Sanae.

"Surprising, to see two mikos so far out of their natural habitats, too. Come to build some shrines for the long-dead and the cast-out youkai, Miss Green-white? Or just having fun with Gensokyo's normal pastimes?"

As per usual, Yukari showed no interest in giving away her reasons for being present. Surely she had some, at least?
Yukari Yakumo
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Lyrica Prismriver » 20 May 2011 00:21

Inspiration was so hard to come by these days. Lyrica had been wandering and wandering looking for something to do. So far from home, she finally found something at least somewhat interesting. She was floating way up in the sky, so nobody was likely to of seen her.

"Hmmm..." The more she looked down at the three girls below her, the more inspiration she got. The little bonfire right beside giant pit of hellfire made a nice contrast. "Ooooh...How inspirational....I-I-...It's so lovely..." Her eyes gazed down in wonder, it had been so long since she had gotten an inspiration burst, she was practically high.

The contrast her eyes were witnessing made her keyboard play a few unusual chords, some she had never played before. She hugged her keyboard against her chest and kissed it. "Thats perfect! Everyone will love those!" Being the kind poltergeist she is, she felt the need to thank the little dots way below here.

She flew all the way down and landed right in the fire(while being incorporeal of course so she wouldnt get burned) as her keyboard played a sort of triumphant theme. She took a bow and casually stepped out of the fire. "I, Lyrica Prismriver, would like to formally thank you for the contribution to my compositions." She turned back into her physical form and smiled softly, then closed her eyes and giggled. "Oh my. I just cant talk all fancy like that right now! I'm just too excited!" She spun around with her arms out a few times then stopped. "How can I repay you? Would you like some company? Somebody to serenade you? Free concert tickets? Anything!"
Lyrica Prismriver
Free Character

Postby Reimu Hakurei » 28 May 2011 20:32

(( Sorry for the delay, folks. I was waiting to see if we'd get anyone else before continuing. ))

Reimu quietly turned her skewered marshmallows back and forth, heating them as evenly as she could. She didn't quite know what she was looking for, so she was pretty much resigned to just playing this set by ear so to speak and refining from there. It was actually kind of relaxing, stifling heat near the Hell of Blazing Fires aside, but it would be a little nicer with-

...someone to spend time with. Of course, it would have to be the other miko, wouldn't it?

Uttering a quiet sigh, Reimu turned her head and stared at Sanae as if it were a silly question. "I'm roasting marshmallows. I don't know what they teach up at your shrine, but I don't do weird voodoo. Only proper shinto ceremonies and blessings." And exterminations, of course.

And then there was gap youkai. The face Reimu was expecting to see around here sooner or later. Without even a word, the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise pulled the marshmallows out of the fire; she held the wire out for Yukari, then once she'd taken one, swung it over for Sanae. "Here. Try it," she ordered. She wasn't going to tell them they were her guinea pigs. They were in luck, though, as the red-white had gotten them near-perfctly toasted.

She was just putting another pair of marshmallows into the heat when a ghost suddenly stepped out of it - the net result being that for a brief moment the marshmallows passed right through Lyrica. The miko narrowed her eyes a little, peering at the poltergeist in the manner of someone scrutinizing a sign for the fine print. "...do I know you from somewhere?" she finally asked.
Reimu Hakurei
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Yukari Yakumo » 12 Jun 2011 02:43

(Ack, Sanae vanished...)

Hot! The toasted marshmallow was flicked upwards, bouncing off Yukari's hands in a series of tosses and gaps before finally coming to a rest between her teeth, as she looks almost guiltily back to Reimu, caught playing with her food.

"-Agh acguaally quige casty acually.." Taking a delicate bite out of it, Yukari took the rest of the cooling white-brown blob in her fingers. "What about yours, Lyrica? Can you taste any of it?"
Yukari Yakumo
Forum/IRC Moderator

Return to Archive