[Open] In Search of Sake: Take Two

Archive for threads set in the Underworld.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

Re: [Open] In Search of Sake: Take Two

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 13 Jun 2011 14:28

Yamame laughs at Ruukoto's confusion. "Lightweight's one who can't take their booze right, an' falls down after th' first couple drinks! Most humans are pretty lightweight by our standards, tho" the spider winks, to another round of oni laughter. This is followed by a hearty pat on the maid's back as the spider sees the speed with which she drinks "Maaaaan, you'd give ol' Scars a run for his money in chuggin' down, too" she says, taking her own glass in a gulp. "But see, this one is-"

And then she feels an odd person coming, and turns on her chair's back. Yamame's pretty subpar sight is supplemented by a great cadre of other senses, and Utsuho's cement foot is rather attention-grabbing to her. However, as she raises her hand to greet the bird, Ruukoto yelps, making the spider a bit startled and turning her head back to her. "Wha? What's th'matter?" She turns back to Utsuho. "Wait, you... I think I seen you 'round a couple times, right? You're the one with th'explosions, likes to rumble with th'onis, works at th'new Furnace?" she asks, grin returning as she fills her glass again and looks between Suwako and the newcomer. "So y'two know each other?". And then her brain finally catches up with her mouth and she rewinds. "...waaaaait a tic there. Ya're th'main god of th'shrine up in th'mountain? As in, th'ones Mino was so pissed off about their festivals an' stuff?" Yamame laughs. "Man, I dunno how I din't realize. I mean, Moriya Suwako, Moriya shrine?" She then drinks her glass again, sighs satisfiedly, and then, thinking, smiles with a certain amusement. "Wonder how th'hell I manage to keep meetin' so many gods, tho. Tell me, girlie, 's'Hell a kinda tourist spot or somethin' for your peeps lately?"
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Utsuho Reiuji » 15 Jun 2011 18:46

Before the frog girl responded, Utsuho couldn't help but grim at the meek looking green haired girl. "You've never heard of me? Ha! You must be stupid!" she fluttered her large wings again, and her eyes flashed. "My name is Utsuho Reiuji, and I am the master of the ultimate power. Nuclear energy. I control the Hell of Blazing Fires for my master, Satori-sama. And- oh." The hell raven was cut short when Suwako replied, and she took a few seconds to think about it.

"Wait, I thought that was the.... Kanako lady? Are there two of you or something? Two Goddesses in one shrine? Or maybe you're actually her..." Her threatening demeanor instantly melted as her brain got to working to process this. She KNEW there was one Goddess there, with big blue hair and a big rope ring, and now that she thought about it, the froggy girl did seem to pop up in some memories of her progress being checked up on. Oh, and there was that green haired shrine maiden, too. Okuu was snapped out of her thoughts, however, at Suwako's question. "Ummm... Let me think. Well, I came here to fight. But no one wanted to fight, so instead I decided to almost go home. And then I saw you and wanted to know how I knew you. So... I don't think I want to discuss anything." As for Yamame's question, she simply nodded, considering she had technically answered the other girl earlier.

"... It's too bad most of you guys look too weak for me to have a serious fight with." Utsuho gently cocked her head at the odd trio, observing them. Yeah. The other two besides Suwako looked definitely too weak. Instead, she decided to sit on an empty bar stool next to the group, hoping to maybe at least listen to their conversation to handle her boredom.
Utsuho Reiuji
Main Character

Postby Ruukoto » 18 Jun 2011 16:29

"Raven of the...?" Ruukoto looked at the looming black bird. She was a fearsome being to be sure, and half of her four limbs were encased in blocks of.... something.... Even Ruukoto looked more normal than she did, and Ruukoto could barely be considered a living being! Regardless, Suwako wasn't fazed by Utsuho, despite the latter being more than thrice the former's height. Ruukoto was impressed, albeit in a terrified way. How could a tiny girl like her talk to a gigantic girl like that? It seemed unnatural.

Ruukoto swiveled her head to Yamame. "Explosions?!" That sounded familiar somehow. Oh, that's right. Ruukoto could do the exact same things; Was this girl a robot too? Then again, maybe that wasn't so. After all, explosions were common in danmaku, but still....

The android double-taked back to Yamame. "Goddess? Moriya Shrine?" The situation finally kicked in to Ruukoto. "You're that goddess of the shrine Lady Reimu talks about!" Ruukoto pointed a finger at Suwako, perhaps a bit too enthusiastically. "She talks about you guys all the time! You were the ones trying to overtake the shrine!" After a moment passed with Ruukoto unmoving, Ruukoto realized what she said. An awkward situation ensued, and Ruukoto slowly took her seat. "U-Um... sorry, I got a bit worked up there...."

Then Ruukoto bolted out of her seat again, this time facing Utsuho. "D-Did you say nuclear energy?!" DID the raven say nuclear energy? If she did, then... Ruukoto's eyes artificially widened to assume the face of a surprised individual. "T-Th-That's--! I-I use nuclear energy too!" She managed to choke out. With the many years she'd been serving Reimu, and the many people she met, Ruukoto didn't think ANY knew what nuclear energy was, save for perhaps Yumemi, Chiyuri, and RIkako; the only scientists in Gensokyo. And now, right here in front of her, was not someone who only knew what it was and how it worked, but in fact used the same source of energy for themselves. "I'm nuclear powered too!" She said again, as if to reaffirm the situation.
Ruukoto
Free Character

Postby Suwako Moriya » 24 Jun 2011 07:10

“Yes, I am the true goddess of the Moriya Shrine. And while I was not involved with the plot to take over myself, I am well aware of the fact that it was implemented by my poster child and shrine business executive. Apologies to you for any troubles you may have had. Even if your shrine is still not as popular as mine. Yes, despite that I can overlook such a pitiful place, I am pleasant enough to show humbleness and apologize for past mistakes.” Not only did she not sound very humble, but her tone was sarcastic enough to warrant an angry miko's kick to the throat.

Turning over to Utsuho, Suwako found herself chuckling a little. “So you were looking for an opponent among the oni, then? That certainly seems like you. Although I must say that I prefer you staying back at the Furnace. It would be unfavourable if you caused some sort of cataclysmic explosion. But I suppose I can relax about it if you promise to play safe. Ahh...youth. It makes all the younger generations look so much more chipper than they are.”

Suwako seems to take on a different aura for a moment, nodding to herself with a light smile before popping right back to her original state. Looking back over to Ruukoto, Suwako calls out fairly loudly as if some sort of game had started. Loud enough that most of the building could hear her even. “Alright then, Miss Meido! On to the next drink! Let's move, move, move so that she can get to the strong stuff before we all fall asleep!”
Suwako Moriya
Main Character

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 28 Jun 2011 21:47

Yamame chuckles at Okuu's words as she takes another gulp of her drink. "Shouldna judge b'looks, birdie. I may not be 's strong as you, but I'm sure ev'ryone here has some tricks up th'sleeve" she says, grinning good-naturedly with that fanged mouth of hers.

Then Ruukoto talks, and what she says makes the spider laugh. "What, really? Maaan, Suwa, you guys are just goin' 'round makin' friends, eh?" she says, passing the goddess a glass and winking. "That Hakurei gal's a funny one, tho. Fun t'fight, too. An' they say she can smell gold from a mile away, which is mighty impressive, gold's really hard t'smell past a hundred yards or so" she adds, conversational, as she starts pouring the new drink for the group and Ruukoto starts gushing about nuclear energy. Which leaves her kind of lost. "Ooookay, time out for those of us who ain't got no idea what's goin' on - what th'hell's "nuclear energy", 'gain?"

"But yeah, we can talk while we try th'next one! We got a lot more t'go an' not a lotta time!" the spider says, raising her voice, agreeing with the goddess. "C'mon, guys, dig in! This one's a bit stronger, but nothin' you can't all handle! Wanna cup, birdie?" she offers Okuu, pointing at her with the half-empty jar. "'s a tad sour, more for after meals than binge drinkin', but it's good!"
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Utsuho Reiuji » 09 Jul 2011 12:34

((Sorry for such a delay. >: ))

Utsuho stared at Ruukoto when she started her tirade.

Then stared a bit longer.

Then got one of the biggest, happiest, most innocent grins she had ever had and clapped her hand and arm cannon together in joy.

"YOU DO?!" she cried out in in joy, causing a few stares. "You- I've never found someone else! Someone as terrifyingly strong as me! I underestimated you! You must be one of the strongest beings in all of Gensokyo!" she lowered herself so that she was at the robot's eye level, and inches away from her face. "Where did ya get it from? This goddess? The other goddess? Maybe you also ate a Yatagarasu? Oh my God, this is so awesome! We'll have to train some time! Where's your arm cannon? Do you use sun danmaku too? Can you Mega Flare? Giga Flare? Ohhhh...!!" Okuu grabbed the maid's shoulders and started shaking her back and forth. "Tell me all about your powers!!"

Utsuho, too caught up in being decided, simply decided to talk to Suwako while she continued to focus on shaking Ruukoto. Satori-sama would probably call that bad manners, but fortunately, she wasn't there to do anything about it. "Yeah, I always do when I'm bored, and don't worry, I made sure EVERYTHING in the furnace is fine. I'm getting really good at it. Will the other goddess lady ever reward me? Maybe with another Yatagarasu to eat so I'll have double the power?" The raven didn't even know if there WERE any other Yatagarasus, but she couldn't help but ask. But when Yamame asked about nuclear energy, she quickly bolted her head in that direction and started towards her. She always liked talking about it, so this was the perfect oppurtunity.

"Nuclear energy! It's... It's the ultimate power. It's caused by fusion of these small little things, creating energy! It's in the sun! It can be used for so many things, powering machines, danmaku, and I've even heard people in other worlds use it for bad. But it's so useful to be wasted on that..." She stared off into space for a bit, thinking about how wonderful nuclear energy was for a long while, before being snapped into reality by the spider trying to talk with her. "What? Oh..." Okuu shook her head. "Satori-sama doesn't like me drinking, and I don't really like the taste." Glancing back at Ruukoto, she grinned again, thinking of all the fun they could have being nuclear together. "But I can stay for a while!"
Utsuho Reiuji
Main Character

Postby Ruukoto » 27 Jul 2011 04:14

Did Ruukoto have a clue what Suwako was talking about? It would be safe to say not so. After all, Reimu was the only other employee at the Hakurei Shrine. There were no poster children, nor business executives or coffee-boys. Not even gofers. "Youth?" Ruukoto said incredulously. This little girl was talking about youth? Ruukoto was maybe 5-10 years old, and she was already three times the size of the small frog goddess. To be fair, Suwako /was/ crouching though. "H-Huh? But Miss Suwako..." The android started to protest. "What about the Hell Raven Gir-"

Before she could, another cup or swirling amber was slapped in front of her. Thankfully, the winged girl stayed. She was hoping to talk with her a little more. Chugging down the drink as fast as she could, Ruukoto then turned back to Utsuho. "I-I-? Goddess?" The robot almost choked. Or would have, had she any need to breathe. "Ahhhh, I, uh, no... Actually, I was born with-"

"You see, I was made with-"

"Well, the thing is-"

[i]This hell raven is certainly hard to talk to.[/i] If Ruukoto had been saying instead of thinking that, it would be more like "Thi-i-i-i-i-i-s he-l-l-l-l ra-a-a-av-e-e-e-e-e-n is ha-a-a-a-rd to-o ta-a-a-a-alk to-o-o-o-o!" After the shaking stopped, Ruukoto took the liberty to answer the hell crow's questions. "Well, yeah, I'm nuclear powered too, but not from eating things. I was made like this! You see, I'm an android."

After thinking about it, Ruukoto concluded it may be hard to talk to this girl. "An android." She repeated for effect. Though what effect that would be was unknown to her.
Ruukoto
Free Character

Postby Suwako Moriya » 06 Aug 2011 02:13

Suwako nodded with a smile, trying for a moment to think if Kanako ever mentioned something as a reward. She would eventually shrug and clear her throat before looking back over the crowd of dizzy red-faced oni falling all over themselves. She always did wonder how much an oni has to drink before they actually end up intoxicated to such a degree. But she tosses this thought away then looks back at Utsuho and the others with a smile. “This has been a lot of fun, but I unfortunately need to head back to the shrine now that I got some sort of status update on the Furnace. Have fun now!” Suwako hops up and waves as she skips away, bouncing cheerfully all the way out of the door.
Suwako Moriya
Main Character

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 13 Aug 2011 08:58

"Aw. Well, then, see ya'round, froggy" Yamame waves Suwako goodbye before turning to adress the others.

Or, rather, to start laughing at Ruukoto getting shaken like she was a cocktail mixer instead of a maid. Though maids do seem to get shaken often too in Gensokyo. Why, there was that one the other day- wait, no, Yamame, focus. "Heh, birdie, let her get a word in! Ya're drownin' her!" the spider laughs.

Then the explanation of what nuclear power is starts, to which Yamame listens with both interest and a certain lack of comprehension. "Hmmm... so, basically, kinda like some kinda super-heat, like what's at th'center of th'earth but without th'lava? An' from what I hear y'repurposed it t'make hugeass explosions?" The spider grins and nods in approval. "Y'know, I like yer style! A good explosion never goes amiss! Cheers on reopenin' th'hell of Blazin' fires, by th'way. Feels like... somethin' that shouldna never be gone came back. An' the geysers are fun!"

She then clicks her tongue at the next part. "No drinkin' at all? Man, the satori must be one real smother-mom. Okay, then, grab at least a bite or somethin', it'd be a pity t'come to th'city an' go away with your stomach empty"

Then turns to Ruukoto, who by now is explaining what she is. Or trying, because Yamame realizes instantly that chances are Okuu has no idea what an android is - she certainly didn't the first time she met one! "For th'record, birdie, "android" means a person that got built'stead a'born. Was confused first time as well, but got it'splained t'me by a real smart scientist. Tho maidy girl here is a lot cuter than most a'th'ones I've met!" she adds, with a wink and a slight shoulder punch at Ruukoto. It's by now that the oni waiter arrives with a new bottle. "Well, 'kay, then, here's th'next order. This wine here's good for meat meals, c'mon, give it a try. 'm sure your red-white will love it, an' it's petty cheap down here, which if'n I got th'look of that donation box right, is probably a plus!" the spider finishes, winking and taking a glass herself.
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Utsuho Reiuji » 14 Aug 2011 17:46

"A... Huh?" Utsuho blinked at Ruukoto a few times, not understanding at all. Born that way? Made that way? What was an android? Was it another word for Yatagarasu, maybe? Was this girl another Yatagarasu? While trying to comprehend the information, Okuu didn't even notice Suwako leaving and Yamame complimenting her (which she would in most any other scenario). This made no sense! But finally she tuned into what the earth spider was saying. "Built... So... You're like..." The hell raven squeezed her eyes closed as she tried to remember what she was trying to think of. She had SOME sort of connection to it... She just couldn't remember what that connection was... It had something to do with the goddess that watched her... OH!

"You're like that giant robot from that one time! When everyone was fighting!" She said quite loudly, grinning at Ruukoto. "Wow, you're amazing... Nuclear powered... Built... You must be one of the strongest people in Gensokyo! Is your danmaku like mine, too? Small, replica suns? And, woah, who built you? Was it the goddess he- oh, where did she go...?" Utsuho's excitement was seeming to get the best of her, for she had a giant, childish grin on her face, as well as seeming more slow about her surroundings than usual.
Utsuho Reiuji
Main Character

Postby Ruukoto » 17 Aug 2011 18:09

Ruukoto almost missed the frog goddess leaving out the door, and barely made waving back at her as she left the building. "Good bye, Miss Suwako! I'll be sure to go with Mistress Reimu the next time she pays a visit to your shrine!" The android called after her.

"Er... Well..." The maid awkwardly turned back to the other two. "Yes, my danmaku is rather... Explosive. Nuclear energy is made by fusions caused by splitting apart atoms, which sparks reactions in the surrounding atoms, eventually creating a large explosion based on the strength of the first split atom." The robot-girl recited what she knew about her power from her databanks, although it was rather doubtful that either person she was speaking with had the slightest clue what she was talking about.

"A-And Android means I'm made of metal. Technically I'm not really living.... I'm a robot." Ruukoto spoke while sipping the wine simultaneously (She could do that, since her voice didn't actually come from her mouth.)

"E-Eh?!" She spit out the wine onto the table. "G-Giant robot...--?!" Was there really such a thing? Ruukoto was under the impression that she was the only sentient robotic being in Gensokyo. There was another one too? Was this back when Reimu was complaining about some sort of large undefined shadow? Or maybe this was another time? "W-Well... I'm not that strong really.... My danmaku is kinda... Well, it's like suns, I guess? A little smaller maybe? I mean, mostly I focus on my weapons instead of using actual danmaku..." The android took her broom up in example. The broom, harboring infinite space within, opened up in a folding fashion to reveal the myriad of battle-ready equipment stored with. "My broom can shoot danmaku too. And it flies. Oh! And-" The android, now caught up in showing her latest technology, opened up her right arm to reveal the crossbow lodged inside. "My eyes can shoot lasers too." Ruukoto smiled and shot a small, harmless, blinding light from her left eye while winking her right. "See?"
Ruukoto
Free Character

Postby Yamame Kurodani » 20 Aug 2011 21:30

"Eh, y're talkin' here to us, y're not see-through, an' y'can down a drink! Far's'm concerned, Ruu, y're as alive as anyone in th'room" Yamame grins, slamming the android girl on the back with a friendly pat. She has, of course, not understood a word of Ruukoto's explanation of nuclear energy, but it doesn't seem to bother her as she takes a gulp from her glass and listens to the conversation with interest.

As Ruukoto starts explaining her weaponry, though, she pipes up again. "Man, y'people get th'coolest powers" Yamame laughs, jokingly acting all envious. "Giant explosions, eye lasers, crossbows, all kinda cool shit! Some'f us have t'punch people in th'face th'classic way, y'know!" she laughs, winking and sticking her tongue out for a split second - and a bunch of onis in the background pipe up and roar their approval for the "classic method" with toasts and tythmic thumps! "I do got a... what did Purply call it, jet-pack? Whatever, a backpack that flies me real fast t'reach th'faces 'n question quicker, tho, which's pretty cool. People never expect ya t'slam straight into them fist first, 'specially up on th'surface!"

It's noticeable that Yamame made no mention at all of her power over disease. An astute listener could probably get quickly that this is because she doesn't consider it something valid for a fight. It'd be cheating.
Yamame Kurodani
Alternate Character

Postby Utsuho Reiuji » 25 Aug 2011 21:07

"Cool..." Utsuho said breathlessly, watching Ruukoto's display of similar abilities. "I wanna fight you sooo bad... Think of how much we could fuse! Everything we could do together... If I was allowed to, we could conquer the world together! And... Wait... Oh..." Okuu's excited face suddenly turned to one of slight disappointment, and she looked at the door before starting again. "I forgot. I told Satori-sama I'd be back soon. I think I've been here for... Hours talking to you!" She didn't seem to have a very good perception of time. "It was nice meeting you, Robot, but I have to get home! We shall meet again and BATTLE one day, I'm sure of it!"

And with that, the hell raven headed towards the door, and then flew out of sight.

((Sorry guys, didn't feel much inspiration for this, felt it would be best to leave it before stalling it even more.))
Utsuho Reiuji
Main Character

Postby Ruukoto » 27 Aug 2011 19:41

"Hours?" Ruukoto echoed. Her wrist turned to reveal an internal digital clock. "But I've only been down here about thirty minutes...." Ruukoto said quietly. But her words were lost on the Raven, who rushed out with hardly a trace despite her bulky frame and rather unforgettable appearance and presence. The robot spent a good minute or two staring out the door as Utsuho returned to the Palace, and sighed a little. "That was certainly interesting..." It was quite a day, it was. Ruukoto had hardly met either Suwako or Utsuho before either sped off into the unknown. There was a good reason Ruukoto didn't venture outside the Shrine area very much; She was just too inadequate at being social.

With that in mind, the android nearly forgot the only one who hadn't left at this point. "A-Ah! Miss Yamame!" She shouted, sounding almost as if she hadn't noticed the Earth-Spider was even there. "I-I, erm...." Awkardly, Ruukoto tried to resume the conversation, not having been paying attention to the spider for some time. "P-Purply, huh? I assume you mean Miss Rikako? She's the one who installed most of this stuff into me in the first place. She's really a smart woman!"

Then again, the last time Ruukoto had seen the spider and scientist together, they were drunken and brawling in the streets of hell. Not exactly the best interpretation a person can give.

"A-Anyway, Miss Kurodani. If you don't mind, let's continue with the alcohol....?" To be perfectly honest, Ruukoto wanted to get the beer and wine and leave. She didn't feel too comfortable in hell, what with the mindless fighting and absurdly dangerous population. However, she was too reluctant to say so, avoiding the matter and being vague enough for one to assume she was talking about the wine tasting instead of the wine purchasing.
Ruukoto
Free Character

Previous

Return to Archive