[Open] Belated Celebration

Archive for threads set in the Underworld.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

Re: [Open] Belated Celebration

Postby Konngara » 22 Jun 2013 17:36

Konngara looked around, there seemed to be quite an absence of guests, now that thins had been winding down somewhat. She had known the party would not last long, but did not think there would be so much tension between everyone. A sigh escaped her as she sat with the satori, thinking for a few moments. Perhaps the next time she threw an event, she would plan something other than a moon viewing.

"Well, regardless of what has happened at this party today, I am at least grateful for the company. I have so many tasks before me, that it takes me so much, to stay in control and not lose myself." He then saw the goddess approaching them, as she took another sip from her sake dish, hearing her plea for guidance. "Where do you need guidance to, miss goddess? I am sure I could find someone myself, or I can guide you to where you need to go."
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 06 Jul 2013 10:57

Parsee's lips scrunched, along with her nose, in an expression that was equal parts upset and hurt. First her Bridge, and then to be ignored completely, gossiped about, cast into the limelight, yanked out of the limelight, only to be thrown back into it - well, it was more than she could take at this level of sobriety. She resigned herself to the cup of sake in front of her, drinking it down as she half-listened to the on-going conversation.

The party had died down greatly since her (grand) entrance, that much she could be sure of. She hadn't planned on killing the party at all, come to think of it; nay, her idea was to add fuel to its fire, stoking the flames of it to make it a worthwhile party, while solving the mystery regarding these damnable flyers, of course. The blonde youkai would pour herself another drink, content to wash her sorrows down in the taste of this horrid brew.

Shizuha Aki wrote:"That's good. They'll be producing fruit soon, so you'll have that to liven up your day. I forgot to give you one earlier. Enjoy."

The pouch traded hands and wound up on Parsee's lap, temporarily ignored in favor of the sake that Parsee continued to pour herself. She did take time to respond to Shizuha's last bit concerning the trees.

"The only fruit they will bear is the fruit of my loom." The green-eyed girl smiled wickedly, though this expression was impaired by her growing intoxication. She might have to return to her bridge sooner rather than later given her current drinking pace. But then, an idea struck her, one that made her smile in a half-drunk way.

"S. Satori. How do I get pets like yours? I..I'm envious. A little cat, like Rin." Parsee held up her hands, pawing at the air to openly mock the hellcat; it was little known before, but the bridge youkai only needed very little to become tipsy, and an even smaller amount than that to become inebriated. At this point, she cared little if she talked over any of the other guests, not that she had paid much mind to it before.
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Konngara » 16 Jul 2013 00:20

Konngara had noticed that the party guests were departing, and that things were dying down with her celebration. She had decided to start putting things away, honestly having enjoyed everyone's company. While she was putting things away, she let everyone continue conversing for the time being, knowing soon that they would depart from the celebration. At least things were festive while they lasted.
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 17 Jul 2013 17:36

"Well, regardless of what has happened at this party today, I am at least grateful for the company. I have so many tasks before me, that it takes me so much, to stay in control and not lose myself."

”It must not have been easy.” Instead of the usual deadpan quip from Satori, Konngara could’ve heard a little bit of…emphatic understanding from her. It’s different from just speaking from newly acquired facts.

"Oh, I meant to ask. Earlier in the year, I headed down this way, but I wound up stopping at the oni city. However, I'm interested in what seeing what lays beyond that. Do you know someone who could help guide me?"”

”Hee, is that right?” She needed no confirmation, but the image of the autumn goddess drunk is quite amusing she wanted to keep it afloat in her surface memory just a little bit longer. ”There are more people who knows what lies beyond the city than you would expect, however strictly speaking a guide would be harder to accommodate.” Satori turns her attention towards Shizuha as she spoke the last sentence, ”My house lies beyond the Old Capital and I knew quite a bit about its surroundings, so does my pets and one is even right here.” Satori stops explaining to give Orin some freedom to express her expertise or just donate a quip to the conversation, “Ultimately it would depend on your destination. Different pets are more familiar with different places.”

With hints of a more melancholic mood descending into the party it seems that the procession is nearing its end. Sure enough, just as Satori entertained the possibilities of the autumn goddess the party’s host took the opportunity to gather the remaining party props for cleanup. Noticing this, Satori handed over the now-empty teacup to her with a polite nod.

"S. Satori. How do I get pets like yours? I..I'm envious. A little cat, like Rin."

“Here and there, mostly depends on them.” The ‘hidden’ meaning is not lost on Satori, though she’s not above playing with the jest. ”Though if you want a pet like Rin that bad, perhaps you will be fine with the real thing once in a while? It seems you two get along just fine.” It wasn’t intended to be personal teasing towards both her pet and the bridge princess…perhaps. Satori rarely wears her intention on her sleeves.

At the same time as many of the other guests, Satori rises from her seat in order to start leaving the premise. ”Thank you for being the host. It was enjoyable. If you ever find yourself both in the mood and in my neighborhood please don’t hesitate to pay us a visit. We’re quite the welcoming sort.” She said that as she passes by Konngara, walking towards Shizuha next. ”Feel free to follow either me or Rin, that is, if you’d like to start right now. Should be fine as long as you can keep up, right miss goddess?” Without waiting on answers Satori goes ahead with her own agenda, the stack of her papers in tow, including her own copy of the flyer that started the meeting in the first place.

(Satori has left the thread)
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Shizuha Aki » 20 Jul 2013 16:04

Shizuha felt the party atmosphere dying down, and smiled at Konngara. "This was a lovely party. If you need anything, just get in touch with me. If you write on a leaf and let it blow in the wind, it will find me."

Then she replied to Satori, "That would be just wonderful. I'll be sure to let you know a couple of days from when I expect to show up." She got up and wobbled a bit. Perhaps she'd had a bit too much to drink.

"Anyways, all of you take care, I'll be seeing you again!" And with that, she got up and headed toward the exit.

((Shizuha has left the thread.))
Shizuha's Journal
<Kogasa> 1d100 Shizuha is wonderful
<Director> Kogasa, Shizuha is wonderful: 100 [1d100=100]
Shizuha Aki
Main Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 30 Jul 2013 04:08

Satori's answer was lost to the hashime, as she had taken to the rest of the sake much like an Oni would. It was seemingly uncharacteristic that she would be drinking so heavily, but, in the bridge youkai's defense, even her attending this event had been rather odd.

She'd finish the bottle she was actively draining before standing up shakily, steadying herself by placing her hands upon the table as her flush nose would be an indicator of her thorogouhly intoxicated state. A furtive glance, to the left and right, would clear her for stealing another one of the bottles, absconding with it as she took weary, unsure steps in the direction of the bridge.

Parsee wouldn't trust herself to fly inebriated, as the only time she did ended in a disaster for her; the long trip to her crudely-hewn hovel would provide her an excellent time to rant to herself, which she did.

[Parsee has left the thread, with a bottle of booze.]
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Konngara » 26 Aug 2013 22:04

Konngara finished putting everything away after the last of the curremt guests had gone. It was a rather eventful party to her, and she had quite a bit of entertainment. All in all, it was fun while it lasted.

[[Konngara has left and closed the thread.]]
Konngara
Free Character

Previous

Return to Archive