[Ask First] Stories for Sale

Archive for threads set in the Forest of Magic.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

[Ask First] Stories for Sale

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 21 Jun 2013 19:23

Another day another story to be written, and that's how it was for Hatate as she soared over the Forest of Magic, wings beating occasionally as she looked about, her keen eyes looking side to side for the clearing where this store was to be found.

The Tengu continued to flap her wings slowly as she saw the cherry trees in bloom and some of the larger odd wares signature of this store's nature. Definite the store she was looking. She continued to fly as she circled overhead, her camera out as she took a few shots from above as started to descend. Her wings beat a few times as she landed taking a picture of the front of the store before she stowed her camera. It looked like the store was open as Hatate started to walk towards the front of this Kourindou.

Hatate's steps towards the door as she knocked on the door a few times, standing tall on her geta as she looked upon the doorway interested in meeting the owner of this mysterious store.
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Re: [Ask First] Stories for Sale

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 27 Jun 2013 04:41

Just as soon as Hatate finished knocking, the door burst opened. Standing there was A very angry looking Rinnosuke. “I already told you fairies to go awa...”

He stopped for a second, noticing that the person in front of him was not, in fact, the aforementioned fairies that had been pestering him. He looked at the girl for a second. Taking in the geta and tokin hat. “I'm sorry about that. It's been an... eventful day. Please come in.”

He stepped to the side, and made an inviting gesture to the girl. “So, why would a tengu visit me? Don't you get most of your equipment form the kappa?”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 03 Jul 2013 16:48

And with the angry looking half-breed suddenly there Hatate looked to be a bit surprised by his response. "I see. I'm not exactly sure what fairies had become such a problem to get you so worked up, just a burst of danmaku and they're gone you know," She said as she took a few steps in, wings folding behind her as she entered the building.

Hatate looked around at the various things in this strange shop of curiosities, "Well it's not really to get equipment you see. I've just heard things about this shop and what's in it." She pulled out her phone, flicking it open with her thumb and holding it out and taking a few pictures as she detached the brush from it and pulled out her notebook quickly jotting out a number of notes on what she was seeing.

"Well that and I figure if someone's got a place full of interesting things he's bound to be interesting to interview," The Tengu said as she continued to look over various things taking pictures and still taking notes before she aimed the phone at Rinnosuke and snapped a picture of the man.
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 20 Jul 2013 20:59

For a moment he looked almost completely stumped by the girl's actions. When she took the picture of him, it seemed to snap him out of it. His gaze was flat and annoyed as he looked over this guest. A reporter... Not surprising, considering how much the tengu enjoy gossip.

“Now hold on a second! Wouldn't it be more polite to ASK about writing an article on my shop, rather than inviting yourself in for pictures, and an interview that I might not want to give?”

He walked backed into the shop following Hatate. “On that note, why the sudden interest in my shop, anyhow?”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 22 Jul 2013 18:56

A faint jingle as the door opened and the familiar tap of expensive shoes on the polished wood floor of the shop signaled the arrival of one of the shop's regular customers. Dressed in her uniform and headdress, the maid carried a familiar basket under one arm, readjusting the cuffs she wore around her wrists before stepping inside the shop properly. As usual, neither her silver hair, nor her attire seemed overly ruffled from the flight to the shop.

Kourindou was one of the few places where the maid used money exclusively, rather than goods, to pay for the things she purchased… Well, almost exclusively. She would, on occasion, bring jars of spiced fruit or wines to trade, but she never let such things be her only means of payment. She had come today to simply pay off her running tab and perhaps use any extra pick up something interesting for the mansion. Rinnosuke had not yet failed to impress her with his wares.

Facing forward, the maid hesitated upon seeing Hatate, regaining her composure a moment later and bowing respectfully to both of them. She did not recognize this tengu, but assumed that she was probably another customer. Though it did seem strange that the tengu was talking with Rinnosuke without any goods that she intended to purchase… For that matter the shopkeeper seemed rather irritated.

Setting her suspicious to the side for now, the maid decided to ask before she began browsing. She didn't want to interrupt if there was something important going on. Especially if it was something that Rinnosuke might not want others around for. "I'm sorry. I'm not intruding am I? I can come back later."
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 27 Jul 2013 15:08

"Well think about it what I'm doing could get you more business and really how many Tengu Reporters really ask before they start doing their interviews and write-ups on places?" Hatate said as she crouched over to look at some trinket, which caught her eye.

"It's middle of the month and looking for stories. Heard you had plenty of things which could be interesting and there are rumors that some really notable people come here," the tengu continued after taking a picture, "Some of this stuff looks pretty neat, not sure what a bunch of it does but it looks interesting."

The Twin-tailed Tengu heard the soft sounds of someone else coming to the store as her tapered ears almost twitched at the sound of footsteps behind her. She turned around to see that maid from the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Well that was a bit odd to see, was one of the secrets of a maid was to look fine after such a trip?

"I don't think you're interrupting just browsing things and looking for something to write about." Now the camera was now turned upon Sakuya as an audible snapping sound came from it. Looks like the Tengu's taking pictures with her strange rectangular camera.
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Return to Archive