[Open] When the Librarian's Assistant Reads Too Much

A place to try out characters other than the ones you currently have.

[Open] When the Librarian's Assistant Reads Too Much

Postby Kotohime » 03 Dec 2012 06:44

[Kotohime ] - [Koakuma]

Everything was about to change, and it was about to change now.

Koakuma zoomed through Voile in search of Patchouli, clutching a copy of The Downtrodden in her hands as if it were a precious child. She had read it cover to cover, even reading it twice because its contents had so thoroughly shocked her, had so completely offended her that she could not believe what she was reading. She did not want to believe it at first, unable to accept the horrible truth being laid out in front of her, but she could hold it off no longer!

"Miss Patchouliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" she belted out, her voice echoing through the formerly silent halls of the library. "Miss Patchouli, where are yooooooooooooooooooooooou?"

She stopped, looking around and getting her bearings, and took off again, barely noticing as bookshelf after bookshelf blurred by. She was outraged, confused, and profoundly disturbed. Her eyes had been opened, only to be immediately blinded by the truth. Taking a deep breath, she called out again,

"Patchouliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! I want to talk to yooooouuuuuu!"
Kotohime
Free Character

Re: [Open] When the Librarian's Assistant Reads Too Much

Postby Soga no Tojiko » 04 Dec 2012 03:05

[Soga no Tojiko] – [Alice Margatroid]

“So noisy.”

The seven-colored puppeteer has the misfortune to remain in the very same section of the library Koakuma’s currently engaging in her little journey in search of her master. Currently, Alice is none the wiser about the identity of the perpetrator of the loud noises. In fact, judging by the tendency of the people she know that would shout in a library, she’s certain that the perpetrator is either Marisa or one of the fairies from the lake. By the way the source of the voice used ‘Patchouli’ however she’s almost certain that the voice belongs to Marisa.

If not for the simple fact that Marisa never used ‘Miss’ to address the owner of the library, which means that it’s not Marisa…or she’s just being sarcastic, which fits her just fine.

As the sound’s getting louder, Alice notices that the source quickly approaches the row of bookshelves she’s currently in. With a flick of her fingers, the battalion of dolls accompanying her suddenly springs into action, floating swiftly with their lances to block the tracks of who-or-whatever the source of the voice is.

Knowing Marisa-or whoever rowdy enough to shout in the library’s track of mind, a wall of dolls would hardly deter them to the point of submission. But it will at least stop them long enough for Alice to flank her and find out the identity of the perpetrator. Tucking the book about Transmogrification magic under her left arm, she walks out of the other side of the bookshelf to confront the culprit in an ambush.

“Would you be quiet? Patchouli’s most likely in the other side of the Library, Ma-…” Her sentence’s cut short when she catches a glimpse of the back of the source of the noise, “…-eh? Koakuma?”
Soga no Tojiko
Main Character

Postby Kotohime » 09 Dec 2012 17:49

She resumed zooming, when she suddenly noticed somebody (though the giant defensive wall was a better indicator of someone's presence) and heard a voice calling out to her. Already having passed whoever it was, she turned around and sped back in the same direction. She found her target, slowed to a stop, and gracefully touched down in front of the puppeteer. "Oh, good day, Miss Margatroid!" she greeted, giving a small bow. "How are things?"

Her mind flashed to the book under her arm, and began working quickly. Wasn't Alice rich? A member of the bourgeoisie? Surely not, Koakuma reasoned. To be bourgeoisie meant that you were wicked and oppressive, and Alice, while occasionally moody, didn't seem the oppressive type. Unlike Patchouli. Patchouli was her boss, so that meant she was oppressive by default.

"Actually, have you seen Miss Patchouli around?" she asked, changing topics. "I would desperately like to speak with her. Apparently," she continued proudly, "I've been mistreated for years, and I should seek redress for her wrongdoings. As a worker, you see."
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Soga no Tojiko » 10 Dec 2012 14:59

Clearly noticing the librarian's, well, lack of hostile anything, the wall of dolls behind the little devil's beginning to orderly disperse until they're accompanying the puppeteer once more. "It's been fine thank you. Although," the look of confusion is apparent on her facial expression, "are you feeling quite alright? You do still remember than you're a librarian, right?" One of Alice's dolls would take the opportunity after the question to float right in between the two of them before settling down on Koakuma's left shoulder.

The book under Koakuma's arm occupied the puppeteer's attention for a second before her sudden segue of a question and the subsequent sentence caught her a bit off-guard. "Mistreated? That's quite...surprising actually. I would never guess that Patchouli's committing abuse on her own familiar." Alice contemplates on this shocking turn of events before recalling the events of today's library visit, "The last time I saw her was...quite some time ago, I think. I'm sorry, it seems I lost track of time in the midst of my research." She answered with a guilty tone towards the perhaps-tragically-abused-for-years assistant. "But if you don't mind we can look for her right now." A squad of the dolls now surrounds the two of them, with their mini-lances raised they looked like a group of mini protesters.

"In the meantime why don't you elaborate more on these mistreatment? I'm sure we can get Patchouli to reconsider her stance if it's sufficiently justified."
Soga no Tojiko
Main Character

Postby Kotohime » 11 Jan 2013 05:23

((I am incredibly sorry for letting this sit for so long. Between December, something going on this week, and the noise of PoIR, I'm afraid this had gotten lost in the shuffle. I... don't like letting threads sit. I'm sorry.))

"Certainly!" Koakuma responded enthusiastically. She was actually getting the chance to spread the message, and fight for the People's rights! Maybe, if she was lucky, Alice would even renounce her bourgeoisie ways, and they could be sisters in arms! As she lifted off from the ground to search for Patchouli, she looked at the book again, and nodded.

She could do this. She had the information, and the arguments! There was nothing easier than speaking the plain truth, right? "It's simple," she began, thinking about where to begin. "As my superior, Miss Patchouli is in the oppressive minority by default!" she asserted, not even considering that she herself exercised some degree of command over some of the library fairies. "She, along with every single person of influence in Gensokyo and, perhaps, the world, works endlessly to rob us of the fruits of our labor, and keep us perpetually impoverished for the sake of her comfort. She's most likely built expensive manors as a show of her wealth, to strike fear into the hearts of the working class!"

She forgot where to go from there, and paused for a few seconds to flip through the book to the section she needed. Finding it, she smiled, snapped the book shut, and continued, "It is the right and responsibility of every worker to band together and murder the pigs of Gensokyo, and take over for ourselves, so that we may establish a unified order and usher in a new era of progress!"

She wasn't too sure why all the pigs had to die, admittedly, though she had assumed it had something to do with the fact that meat was expensive, and all the oppressors would starve to death because there was no expensive food for them to buy. And she had to admit that banding together probably wasn't the best idea, if the Prismrivers were any example. But she did know what progress meant, and if swineslaying and music would lead to progress, she was perfectly fine with that!
Kotohime
Free Character

Postby Soga no Tojiko » 10 Feb 2013 17:38

(Yeah, I would like to apologize too...January wasn't really a good time for me it turns out.)

The librarian’s enthusiasm, while not unlike her usual behavior on her free time from Alice’s understandings (to be fair, it’s few and far in-between), seems far removed from her usual quiet obedient self. It’s plausible to assume that she’s simply had enough from the years of abuse from her master…but if that’s true then there’s certainly the straw that broke the camel’s back. Then again, maybe the answer can surprise her…

"As my superior, Miss Patchouli is in the oppressive minority by default!" Alice’s eyebrow perks up upon hearing the last sentence, "She, along with every single person of influence in Gensokyo and, perhaps, the world, works endlessly to rob us of the fruits of our labor, and keep us perpetually impoverished for the sake of her comfort. She's most likely built expensive manors as a show of her wealth, to strike fear into the hearts of the working class!"

“Hold on a minute, are you sure-,“ before she finishes her sentence, Koakuma went ahead and flip through a nearby bookshelf’s collection, no doubt looking for a book to support her argument. Deciding to shift her attention towards the suspected root of the problem, Alice kept quiet while the demon-assistant pulled a book from the collection and retort her next argument…which only serves to further her confusion. The mini-protester squad, stopped dead on their floating march because of Koakuma’s last outburst of enthusiasm, now takes turns eyeing each other with a confused expression. As confused as puppets with only one expression can manage, of course.

“…May I read the book? It does seem interesting.” The sentence’s accompanied by extending her right hand casually for the book at Koakuma’s hands right now. Koakuma’s rhetoric more than skewed Alice’s expectations on the book’s contents, but she’d reserve the final judgment after she read the book for herself.
Soga no Tojiko
Main Character

Return to Visionary Gensokyo