[Open] A Return Visit

Locations of interest: Former Capital, Palace of the Earth Spirits, Nuclear Furnace, Remains of Blazing Hell, Underground Geyser Center
Forum rules
<<WIP>>

[Open] A Return Visit

Postby Yuki » 16 Aug 2013 19:09

Busy, busy, busy. That's what it's been for the past few months of Yuki's life. Urgent business back in Makai and all (or she simply got hammered, day and night all this time. Both are equally as plausible.) But, that's all over and done with now, and it's time for the witch to stretch her legs and get back out there into the world. And what better way than to pay a visit to an old favourite of hers, the Ancient City?

And so, that's where Yuki is currently headed, roaming the dark caverns of the Underground, balancing a bright orb of flame upon her fingertip, illuminating the passages. The fireball flickers, casting ominous shadows upon the walls, a direct result of the witch's frustration. Why is she annoyed? Simple. She's been stuck in these caves for two hours now. Four times she's gone in circles and ended up back at the entrance.

"...I forgot the way... dammit all... needs t'be signs or somethin'."

This visit... is not going as planned.
“Everything within the ship must work in harmony. I was built to maintain harmony. Therefore, my will is absolute. Nobody will stand in my way. Anyone who tries... will be terminated!"

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Re: [Open] A Return Visit

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 25 Aug 2013 02:24

"Well, I am awake now." Parsee remarked in annoyance as her groggy eyes were met by skeletal hands as Parsee yawned, groaning in her fleeting daze; sleep had brought little comfort to the less-than-plucky hashihime (then again, what did?). Her head flopped back against her pillow as she looked up towards the low ceiling in her usual cheer, grumbling to no one but herself. She'd settle upon rising from her bed, getting dressed, and occupying her typical haunt - all of which she accomplished with a disdain-filled silence, only broken by an occasional pained sigh.

"Just another day in Hell. How miserable." The blonde youkai's eyes had become adjusted to the deepend darkness that cloaked the pathway to the Ancient City. It wasn't by magic or any manner of charm, hex, or curse that such a dead zone existed - mere physics - but the hashihime liked to pretend it was something of her doing, if only to add mystique to her rather plain existence. The thought grew tiresome quickly, as it usually did, leaving Parsee to scan the toothy ceiling of the Underground for visitors that weren't there, kicking at a small pebble in an effort to clear it from the wooden planks of the lacquered bridge.

Now, odd lights are not a strange occurrence by any any measure in the Underground labyrinth (or Gensokyo, for that matter), but the light that halfway filled her green eyes intrigued her. It was a warm color, unlike the sickly greens and demonic blues that she was used to. She may just have a visitor, which was a rather strange occurrence for her. At least, one that was coming from the surface.

"Who's there?" Parsee's voice broke the profound silence of her surroundings, a circumstance that made her recoil in fear temporarily. "Have you lost your way?"
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Yuki » 26 Aug 2013 01:32

So far, the only thing gained by this visit has been frustration, and multiple new scorch marks upon the cavern walls. Yuki's way of dealing with annoyance is to throw fire at it until it goes away, after all. Evidently, it hasn't worked yet down here. "Swear if I see t'entrance one more damn time, I'm givin' up." she grumbles quietly to herself, turning a corner to see...

A bridge. Was this here last time? She's honestly forgotten. Either way, it's progress! Progress in this god-forsaken cave. Breathing a sigh of relief, Yuki floats outwards, towards the bridge, eyes scanning the vast, open cave she's reached.

Parsee Mizuhashi wrote:"Who's there?""Have you lost your way?"

Suddenly, talking! Hearing the voice, Yuki quickly raises her guard, the blazing orb in her palm growing in size and brightness in preparation for a coming attack. She's not alone, and folks aren't the friendliest in this place.

Parsee Mizuhashi wrote:"Have you lost your way?"

That makes her stop, the fireball reverting to a simple, warm glow now, as she finally looks to the one who spoke. 'Don't remember her... 'en again, Spidey's t'only one who really sticks out in my memory from this place.' she thinks to herself, before shaking her head a little and tipping her head in greeting. "'ey. S'ppose you could say that. Name's Yuki, nice t'meet'cha."
“Everything within the ship must work in harmony. I was built to maintain harmony. Therefore, my will is absolute. Nobody will stand in my way. Anyone who tries... will be terminated!"

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 28 Aug 2013 06:34

'Tch...It actually was someone' Parsee grumbled under her breath, making a failed attempt to hide her partial annoyance as she turned around, eyes concentrating upon finding the source of the light; her heart nearly stopped as she saw the blazing orb cast its light upon the identity of the lost individual. A black hat with a white bow and black and white clothing. It could not have been. There was no way. No possible way that that witch would revisit the Underworld - not with the complaints she had heard in passing.

"N-not again..." Parsee tried to move her legs, but they stuck to the wood as though they had been nailed as a pair of her dolls. "...Not you again!" Parsee shrieked, readying her own barrage as the witch approached her bridge. The hashihime had been bested once before by the black-white witch, and she was sure that she would be again, but that would not keep her from at least trying to take her revenge.

"Yuki?" The bridge princess let out a nervous chuckle as the witch called out to her; she was fully prepared for a loss, but was taken by surprise by the turn of events. "I am known as Parsee Mizuhashi. Just Parsee will do though. It's what people call me." The anxious edge from before hadn't quite left her voice as she greeted the witch. "Welcome to Hell, or what's left of it..."
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Yuki » 28 Aug 2013 14:53

Yuki merely blinks in confusion at Parsee's response to her appearing. 'The hell is she..? Wait... don't bloody tell me...' she thinks to herself.

Parsee Mizuhashi wrote:"...Not you again!"

Well, that just confirms it. She does notice Parsee lower her guard slightly after hearing the witch's name, which at least gives her a moment to explain.

"Let me guess... while ago, witch came through 'ere, lookin' like me, 'n' raised hell, pardon the pun?" she asks, a hint of annoyance in her voice. Without even waiting for confirmation, Yuki's free hand meets her face, sighing. "'nother reason t'kill 'er..." she mutters. "I'm not her. Hate her just as much as you do, by t'sounds of it."

"That said..." the witch continues, "s'nice t'meet'cha, Parsee. Didn't see ya last time I came down 'ere. Don't suppose ya'd know t'way to the City, would ya?" As she speaks, Yuki reaches into a small satchel by her waist, drawing a bottle of sake from it and taking a swig. Hopefully getting hammered will help her forget about getting lost. "That's the stuff... want some?"

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 04 Sep 2013 06:12

"Came down here, causing quite a ruckus. She didn't even ask my name! Just beat me up and continued on! ... Argh!" Parsee nodded in response to Yuki's assessment, though she was quick to add more detail to it (at least, what she could add) in a frustrated tone. "I don't know if the other residents of hell would be as hesitant to attack.. You know..." The hashihime crossed her arms annoyedly, as remembering being beaten did no favors for her already bad morning.

"... Nice to meet you, I guess. It's not like I wanted you to stop or anything. You just looked lost, is all. And since you're from the Surface, you probably got confused pretty quickly here." Parsee smiled, though it was not one of happiness; it was a smug, wicked smile that she wore on numerous occasions, most especially whenever she encountered travelers attempting passage of her bridge. Her hands rose, peaking at shoulder level as she shook her head.

"The Ancient City? Of course, I know the way." The blonde youkai flashed another conceited smile, barely paying attention to her visitor. "Who doesn't know where it is?" Parsee stressed the words heavily to draw a contrast between the which and herself, just about patting herself on the back for all she knew; her emerald eyes closed, shielding themselves from her arrogant grin. It wasn't until the witch unstoppered the bottle that her nose wrinkled as she caught the scent of Yuki's sake, and her brow was next to exhibit deepening furrows, as the witch caught her mind.

"Which brewery is that from?" Parsee asked, still sniffing the air in an attempt to recognize it. "... It smells familiar, but I can put my finger on it...."
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Yuki » 04 Sep 2013 15:25

"Yup, sounds like her alright..." Yuki grumbles in response with a sigh. 'Swear I'm gonna kill 'er...' she thinks to herself, before shaking her head a little. There's time for those thoughts later. Specifically, over a cold glass of booze. Always the best time for thinking of gruesome murder! Yuki nods to herself in a sagely manner at this thought. "Prolly wouldn't hesitate, yer right. But hey, I can take care o'myself. So nice of ya to worry 'bout me, though."

Yuki raises a bemused eyebrow as Parsee goes off on a tangent about how she knows things down here. She can't quite shake the feeling that her green-eyed 'friend' is mocking her. "Riiight... s'it happens, I do know the way. Just... forgot. But 'ey, f'it helps ya sleep at night, I can pretend that I ain't ever been down 'ere before." she answers with a shrug.

"What, this?" she asks next, lifting the bottle to emphasize her point. S'from somewhere in t'City. Don't remember 'xactly. One o t'pubs. Nice fella runs it. Old, jolly as they come. Wonder how he's been..." Yuki adds, putting a finger to her chin in thought.

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 10 Sep 2013 01:33

"Can take care of yourself, huh? ...a little jealous... If that is the case, then how did you get lost?" Parsee asked in a seemingly nonchalant manner, wiggling her nose as she scratched an invisible itch - eventually chasing it to her cheek. "Nothing but trouble comes from up there." The hashihime would add, more to remind herself than inform Yuki, as she finished digging at her skin with rough fingers; she'd yawn (sleepily) as she leaned against the lacquered railing, crossing her arms in an unthreatening manner.

"That's...helpful," Parsee remarked snarkily at Yuki's nebulous description of the alcohol's source, having listened to her answer "There are lots of pubs and bars in the City. And there are as many jovial folks as well. ...more jealous..." Her lips pursed and her brow furrowed in frustration, though she eventually softens her facial features.

"...Why did you come?" There was a moment of awkward silence between the hashihime opening her mouth and her question, "Most who escape this place don't ever return, or have any want to return. ...AGH!...so jealous..."
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Yuki » 10 Sep 2013 08:13

"Simple. Cave crawlin's a whole different beast t'a brawl." Yuki replies with a light smirk, deciding to lean against the bridge's railing herself, gulping down the remaining contents of her bottle. Empty, she stores it away in her satchel.

Parsee's little quip about her rather unhelpful answer gets a chuckle out of Yuki. "Wasn't tryin' t'be helpful~" the witch glances over at the hashihime, an almost mocking grin upon her face. "I'm more than aware that there's more pubs in t'City than there are hairs on my head. Which is 'xactly how I don't remember which one~" Hey, it's pretty flawless logic. Yuki notices Parsee's frustrated expressions, but refrains from commenting. No sense in further provoking the girl.

"Why? 'cuz I like it down there. Damn sight better than up on t'surface. Too many fairies and humans for my likin'. 'sides, got a friend down here. Ain't seen 'er in ages, so I'm payin' a visit." Yuki stands up straight once she finishes speaking, stretching. "Don't s'ppose ya'd be willin' t'tell me the way now, would ya?"

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 12 Sep 2013 10:34

"It's not that difficult, really. You just..." Parsee rambled off a long set of instructions as to how to reach her Bridge from the Surface; even though she had not actually been to the blowhole itself, she had learned the route from the spiders that occupied the territory between her and that place. "...And that's how you get here. To my Bridge." The whole ordeal had distracted the blonde youkai enough that she did not notice Yuki leaning upon the beautifully finished wood, an act that prompted Parsee to watch her closely. She had had enough trouble with keeping that cat from rending the lacquer from its wooden base to let some two-bit witch do the same, let alone scuff it!

Yuki's rebuttal did not sit well with the bridge princess, and neither would her sudden grin - a sentiment she returned with an exaggerated caricature. "Most have the maker's mark on the bottle, especially the finer ones. Now, if it's a cheap variety, they would be too ashamed to apply it." Another less than subtle jab from the princess, one that was accentuated with another forced shrug on her part.

"The Ancient City does have that reputation of being the place to be Underground." If Yuki knew where to look, she might could have seen the City from Parsee's bridge, if not the gates of it. "A friend in this Underworld? That you haven't seen in ages?" Blonde locks shook as the youkai disagreed (one might say, vehemently), "Impossible. I don't remember you. And as such, it is my duty to guard the only Bridge to the Ancient City. So, I could tell you the way, but you'd have to do something for me..."
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Yuki » 12 Sep 2013 11:41

"Well. Know my way back now. 'ppreciate it, I s'ppose." Yuki shrugs after hearing Parsee's direction to the Bridge. Wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear, but it's a start. But, jeez, this is really taking a long time. If the hashihime could just decide to be helpful, she'd be getting smashed by now. But alas, why would it be easy? Nothing ever is. And it's no fun if it's too easy, either.

Yuki listens to Parsee's explanation on how to identify where the booze in the City comes from, to which she nods and takes the bottle back out. "Ohhh... nifty. So that's what this lil' mark is. Learn somethin' new everyday. Yer just full o'knowledge, aint'cha~?" It's almost like she's trying to tick Parsee off. Knowing Yuki, though? She probably is. She does quite like to annoy people.

"Nothin's impossible here, y'know." Yuki chuckles, adjusting her hat. "S'entirely possible y'just didn't see me. Y'can ask Spidey if ya really want to. Pretty sure she'd remember me. But, fine. I'll bite. Whaddya need?"

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Postby Parsee Mizuhashi » 18 Sep 2013 04:23

"I know a few things, here and there." Parsee would respond with a snowflake smile, her face softening in response to the praise. Though something bothered the hashihime; it always did when she was paid compliments or shown gratitude. She shook her head again, shrugging in annoyance at the very idea.

"It's not like I'm here to tell you these things, or anything for that matter." The blonde youkai's lips curled into a pouting frown, crossing her arms against her chest, "I just don't have much else to do, that's all." An annoyed sigh would follow her reclining back against the railing, using her lanky arms to support her head by her chin; the witch was becoming a little bit of a bother, and Parsee was making it plain to see. "And you're the only one to talk to, really."

"I'd rather not go anywhere near that spider unless I absolutely have to. Last time I did, I caught such a cold! It was awful! The only consolation I had was that it didn't pass to her!" The green-eyed girl continued to rant about the Spider and her suffering, only ending it after a fairly short exposition (at least, in relation to her directions). "Even still, she may have mistook you for that other one, like I did." One of the youkai's hands waved at Yuki dismissively, as if shooing an imaginary fly.

"I need nails. Specific ones. They have to be 13 centimeters long and made from inox-steel. I've run out, you see?"
Parsee Mizuhashi
Alternate Character

Postby Yuki » 20 Sep 2013 15:19

"Yeah... and I can see that y'don't like talkin' to me. Subtlety ain't yer strong point, I take it." Yuki idly comments, stretching her arms above her head. "I get that a lot, no worries. Just tell me what it is y'want, and I'll be out of yer hair." Shrug. Her own patience is wearing thin.

"Hey now, Spidey ain't that bad." Yuki says in response to Parsee's ranting about Yamame, crossing her arms across her chest. "...okay, maybe she is. But still. Good friend o' mine. Y'prolly did somethin' to tick her off. N'if what yer sayin's true 'bout that imposter witch, then Spidey woulda pummeled me instead o'buying me a drink, don'tcha think? Pretty sure she would'a dealt with that bitch..." Mumble grumble rant. No, no. Positive thoughts for now. Bloody screaming murder over a cold pint. Yes, yes..

"...nails? Fer what, bridge repairs? I ain't even heard of... inox-steel before. The heck do I get those?" Well if that isn't one of the strangest requests she's heard before. "Y'know what... I'll work on it. Later. For now, I'm gonna just... go this way. I find these nails, I'll bring 'em to you. I don't, then I don't. Bye." Re-igniting her light source, Yuki makes her way across the bridge, towards the other side.

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Return to Underworld