[Ask First] Reporters, Sake, and Stories.

Locations: Moriya Shrine, Tengu Village, Kappa Village, Giant Toad's Pond, The Waterfall
Forum rules
Youkai Mountain is easily the most massive mountain that can be found in Gensokyo. The mountain is so large that the beings inhabiting it seem to be largely segregated. At the base of the mountain live the peaceful Kappa, an semi-aquatic race with a fondness of engineering and architecture. Further up the mountain, one can find the airborne Tengu, who live in a village near the incredible waterfall. However, the most notable structure that can be found on the youkai mountain lies at the very top. Relatively new to Gensokyo, the Moriya Shrine simply appeared one day along with a sizeable lake. This shrine is home to the Goddesses of snake and frog, Kanako Yasaka and Suwako Moriya. Suwako, the original goddess of the shrine, has recently been lying dormant while Kanako roams free, a result of Kanako subverting her in battle. The keeper of the shrine is a girl named Sanae Kotiya. Sanae serves a similar role to Reimu Hakurei, and in fact attempted to establish the Moriya Shrine as the dominant place of worship in Gensokyo before being stopped by Reimu and Marisa. Both the Kappa and Tengu, however, to seem to be starting to recognize the sovergnity of the Moriya Shrine.

[Ask First] Reporters, Sake, and Stories.

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 22 Aug 2013 01:40

[This thread is set during the aftermath of the Mountainous Egos thread. Anyone involved in that thread, or who live at the shrine are invited, anyone else who might have business at the shrine in the middle of the night, please PM Yuugi or Hatate.]

It wasn't often that people actually sought ought the oni to talk to them. Less often to ask them favors, or questions. Really, unless you either needed someone to assist with drinking or with violence, most sensible humans and yokai stayed well away from the oni, even when they knew where to find one. All of this just made it more curious to Yuugi that the oddly dressed tengu reporter had requested a private discussion with her. Perhaps she felt that the aegis of being a guest within the Moriya Shrine and that an oni would always keep their word would keep her safe enough, and she was probably right.

As the Oni went out to the main courtyard area, well away from any of the other residents, and probably out of earshot of that guard wolf, she mused over what Himekaidou could have to ask her about. Ah well, an excuse to drink more sake, and probably tell a few stories was never a bad thing to her! She glanced around to see if she could spot the crow.

She had to admit, while she loved the feeling of strength in the homes the oni fashioned for themselves in the ancient city, and the bedrock around them, she did secretly miss living on the Mountain at times. If nothing else, it smelled less like fire and suffering. She'd give a small sigh, and take a resolve bolstering sip from her sake dish.
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Re: [Ask First] Reporters, Sake, and Stories.

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 24 Aug 2013 13:48

With how much alcohol which was drunken on this night Hatate was little bit tipsy, not really that drunk but enough to make walking on her tall tengu geta prone to a embarrassment. Of course, she had left said geta and her stockings behind as walked outside the Shrine to talk to Yuugi, since the last thing she wanted was to fall into the Oni.

With her wings folded neatly behind her Hatate drew her camera phone and notepad taking a picture of the Oni with the signature snapping sound of the camera. An oni sipping sake tended to be a good image to have for the archives. And if she was calmly drinking, she wasn't going to be causing any more property damage or hurting of a Tengu Reporter.

She stood there for a moment gathering her thoughts. This would be an exclusive something that could be her big break and getting her newspaper the biggest sales it ever had.

"Um... yes. I kind of asked to talk to you because I have a few questions to ask about things that happened today and what lead to them," Hatate said as she flipped open her notebook and had her brush ready. "You must have known about the way to the surface being open for some time and of the Shrine," Of course, best to leave out that the Shrine's goddesses decided that this place was their territory without asking when they showed up.
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 24 Aug 2013 19:32

Yuugi would glance over at the tengu as she came walking out, giving a wave, before chuckling at the immediate interrogation, "What? Yer not even gonna start with makin' sure everyone who reads this knows who I am? Well, yer the reporter, not me."

She'd stop and reconsider Hatate's question, "Yeh, the moment the passage opened, we knew somethin' was up. Thought it'd just be a buncha oni decidin' to head back sun-side, but then that red-white miko and her witch came tearing through, causing enough of coming down, and then smashing poor Parsee out of the way. We had that running brawl through the city, and I lost track from there. Heard afterwards they went and threw down with that pet raven of the Komeiji sisters. After some askin' around, I found out that the whole thing was kinda kicked off by the goddess of the mountain here, which is how I found out about it."
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 31 Aug 2013 19:03

Hatate's gaze shifted from her notebook to the oni and then back to the oni. Hatate finished gathering her thoughts and spoke up, "Well I figured that being direct and the point was going to be the best way. And after that battle, I think everyone on the mountain knows that you're here so I want to be the first one to get why you're here and that news and well after that I figure I'll ask more about you," She rubbed the back of her head as she said this.

Sure, it was a little bit of a risk to do but Hatate knew now that speed was the key. She could always go back to her archives and other things to look up things on Yuugi a bit more, "Oh yes that incident. A bit of a mess wasn't it. Still we got those hot springs out of it after all. Still if you want I could ask about you some more if you want." Best to try and recover from a little mistake... It’s not like Yuugi was going to make her into a lawn ornament... right?
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 01 Sep 2013 03:25

"HAH! I understand. Wanna keep the other predators from poaching your 'prey', huh? Fair game then, and ask away! I'll answer as an oni would." She'd laugh out loud, and stretches out a little, giving a small grunt and a grimace of discomfort. Mayhaps she was a bit more hurt by Kanako than she'd care to admit.

After a long sip from her dish, she'd give a satisfied sigh, and continue, "So, crow, ya wanted a story, and ya have questions, so let's get started, or ya might find your 'prey', escaping you or being stolen."
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 07 Sep 2013 16:54

Hatate rubbed the back of her head as it's looking like the Oni's getting loud again. Oh, this is going to have her time to interview becoming rather short. Or was Yuugi trying to scare off any other 'scavengers' for the story.

"Well looking at the fight you got from the Mountain Goddess did she live up to your expectations for how strong she would be and how she fought," Hatate asked as she had her brush in hand ready to write down the answers. Asking about combat, oni liked to talk about that, right?

Her brush was moving swiftly as she looked around nervously. There weren't lurking eyes around her, right; well outside probably Momiji using that ability of hers after hearing Yuugi's outburst. Of course this didn't lead to property damage yet so maybe no worries about problems yet.
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 08 Sep 2013 03:07

Yuugi's grin at Hatate's opening query was wide, and with a basso chuckle, she'd take a sip of her drink, "Well, I've gotta say, it was refreshing to have a proper brawl with a goddess, instead of a silly danmaku battle. Gotta just cut loose once in awhile! She mighta cheated to start it, but if you were gonna fight an oni, wouldn't you? And if we're gonna be honest, she was pretty good with those big ol' onabashira of hers. And the giant snake! The Unexplainable Phenomena would toss her head back with a raucous laugh, clearly getting into storytelling mode now, as she took another sip of her drink, before offering a spare dish to Hatate.

She'd sigh and then start up again, "Been a good long while since I've had a fight like that. Even down in the Ancient City, most fights start and stop in minutes. Either someone realizes they bit off more than they could chew, or they don't and then get put through a wall or four.
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Postby Hatate Himekaidou » 14 Sep 2013 15:00

Every Crow on the mountain's probably going to be hearing Yuugi explain things with how loud she is. This is going to make her work faster to get her story to print if she didn't want Shameimaru or others to just beat her to the punch with this 'exclusive interview' she was having.

Still the explanation did make sense, "And yes she is rather skilled with them and the serpent was unexpected." Hatate took the offered dish, as the last thing you wanted to do around an Oni was insult them by NOT taking offered sake.

"So with how strong everyone is it doesn't really get to rather interesting danmaku fighting?" Hatate asked as she realized that really that Spell Card Photography Expose that Tengu reporters tended to do to in part show off their skills wasn't going to be as fruitful underground if everyone tended to finish the fights so fast and usually were doing acts of wall destruction.

She took to sitting near the oni in order to enjoy her sake and keep writing at the same time, flipping to a new page on her notebook as she did so. "And since in the Ancient Cities fights end so fast people realize who's the strong and who's not and you get your own sort of order down there? Seems interesting."
Hatate Himekaidou
Main Character

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 18 Sep 2013 23:19

Yuugi'd stop to think through the question a little, and then shrugged, "Well that's not to say that people don't still throw down often enough. It does get a certain amount of order, but, y'know, since when have oni really been an orderly bunch?" She'd chuckle, before taking another drink.

She'd glance around, enjoying the quiet of the shrine, and her eyes unfocusing slightly, as she starts to wind back through the centuries of memories and then begins to rumble with a soft laughter.

Ya know, I'm beginning to wonder where everyone is. Usually this part of the mountain's pretty busy even at this hour. All sortsa yokai come out when the tengu aren't patrolling, even when they did serve us oni." She'd muse, eyes flicking around curiously.

She'd drop her voice to a mere whisper. Well, relatively speaking, "By the way, is that wolf tengu all that strong? She doesn't look like much, but she seemed more than ready to start a fight with me back when I first ran into her."
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Return to Youkai Mountain