[Open] Mystic Pair

Locations: Moriya Shrine, Tengu Village, Kappa Village, Giant Toad's Pond, The Waterfall
Forum rules
Youkai Mountain is easily the most massive mountain that can be found in Gensokyo. The mountain is so large that the beings inhabiting it seem to be largely segregated. At the base of the mountain live the peaceful Kappa, an semi-aquatic race with a fondness of engineering and architecture. Further up the mountain, one can find the airborne Tengu, who live in a village near the incredible waterfall. However, the most notable structure that can be found on the youkai mountain lies at the very top. Relatively new to Gensokyo, the Moriya Shrine simply appeared one day along with a sizeable lake. This shrine is home to the Goddesses of snake and frog, Kanako Yasaka and Suwako Moriya. Suwako, the original goddess of the shrine, has recently been lying dormant while Kanako roams free, a result of Kanako subverting her in battle. The keeper of the shrine is a girl named Sanae Kotiya. Sanae serves a similar role to Reimu Hakurei, and in fact attempted to establish the Moriya Shrine as the dominant place of worship in Gensokyo before being stopped by Reimu and Marisa. Both the Kappa and Tengu, however, to seem to be starting to recognize the sovergnity of the Moriya Shrine.

Re: [Open] Mystic Pair

Postby Konngara » 21 Aug 2013 03:53

Kanako Yasaka wrote:[Going to go ahead and pull out of this thread due to having difficulty posting and a general lack of progress on my end. I apologize but Kanako just doesn't have any real reason to be here.]

[Alright Kanako, be sure to let Elis and the others know]
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Konngara » 26 Aug 2013 22:09

[Hello you all, I am letting you know that I am dropping Konngara after this post, I have done all I can here and it was fun RPing with you all.]]

Konngara, seeing that what she had come to do was done, looked to Elis and pat the young vampire on the head. She then turned and started to make her way back to where she belonged, managing Former hell. With her goals accomplished, Konngara silently vanished wthout a trace.

[[Konngara has left the Thread]]
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Elis » 30 Aug 2013 11:44

Elis blinked as she felt a hand pat her on the head. For someone who had never had really that much physical contact with others, at least in an affectionate way, it felt... well, strange. It also made her huddled head spin slightly, making her frown as she swatted in the direction of the hand. “Gerrof! Leave me alone, you don't know how much I've had to go...through?”

Blinking, the Innocent Devil looked around her. It took her a good few seconds to realise that she was now alone on the lake, both the goddess and the other had vanished without a trace. “...what the? Where did... huh?” taking another swig of sake she scratched her head in confusion, and then annoyance. “Drat. Couldn't get her support after all eh? Probably bored her immensely... wonder what happened to the horned one?”

...after a few seconds Elis realised just how quiet it was. Or rather, how much she didn't like that. She felt a bit lonely now, and that was certainly a new feeling, being a solitary creature by nature she thought this to be weird at the very least. “I wonder where that shrine maiden and the short human got to...” looking up she began to scan the sky for the flying machine, if she could get the support of either then maybe today wouldn't be such a failure after all. Unfortunately her attention was less than could be called optimal now, so she was not looking behind her. It would be quite the shock if they decided to land there.
Elis
Main Character

Postby Sanae Kochiya » 05 Sep 2013 17:56

Sanae looked to the young engineer with a blank and slightly confused stare. "Why wouldn't I tell her?" she pondered, unsure of what Rika was asking. "I'm sure she would be just as interested in learning about your creations and abilities! She is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to sciences and the like. I'm sure you two would get along nicely!"

Giving the girl a bright and somewhat reassuring smile, Sanae quickly went about exiting from Evil Eye Sigma's cockpit the same way she had entered it. With the giant metallic eye still soaring above the mountain, the green-haired shrine maiden would find herself looking down at the Moriya Shrine from high in the sky. "Eh..?" It didn't take her long to notice something had changed while she was off on her little joy ride.

Without a second thought, Sanae jumped from off the top of Rika's tank, quickly plummeting towards the ground below, her hand pressed firmly down on her skirt to prevent any embarrassing...exposures. "This is one part of flying I'll never get used to..." she thought with dismay, hoping no one was looking upwards. Upon getting close enough to the ground, Sanae's wind powers would kick into gear, releasing a strong burst of wind right before touching the ground, ensuring a smooth landing.

Right in front of Elis.

Perhaps having landed a bit too close, Elis would have most likely felt the full effect of Sanae's windy landing had she not readied herself for the shrine maiden's sudden appearance. Taking a moment to scan the area, Sanae finally set her eyes on the only remaining person, looking to her with a questionable gaze.

"You're the only one here?"
Ctrl+F5 to see a new avatar! (Special thanks to Soga)
Sanae Kochiya
Alternate Character

Postby Rika » 14 Sep 2013 20:54

Rika wasn't entirely sure that she wanted the goddess to be interested in her, but her nervousness quickly melted away in the face of Sanae's warm smile. "If you say so..." The engineer conceded after a moment of hesitant silence, encouraged somewhat by the shrine maiden's words. This girl had certainly turned out to be different from Reimu, and unlike her first encounter with the Hakurei miko the two of them definitely seemed to have started off on the right foot. A refreshing change of pace after the endless frustration she'd been forced to endure at the hands of Gensokyo's other shrine maiden.

Rika was about to ask Sanae what the goddess of the Moriya Shrine was like, but before she could get a single word out the miko abruptly leaped out of the tank's cockpit and began flying under her own power. Apparently she had noticed something curious at the shrine, and the engineer saw it as well once she looked down at the mountain. Two of the three people that had been there before were now gone, leaving the bat winged girl alone at the shrine.

Evil Eye Sigma lazily descended towards the mountain peak, following Sanae as she flew down to meet Elis...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Elis » 20 Sep 2013 20:02

The Shrine Maiden's entrance was quite the flashy one. And unfortunately for Elis, she Hadn't prepared for it in the slightest. “Woahgeezwhatthe-” the full effect of the wind hitting her made her head spin, and also made her loose balance, flailing her arms around to try and stop her inevitable fall.

...so she landed on her back with a thump, and oddly enough a large smile on her face. “That was kinda fun.” squirming on the ground a bit the Innocent Devil managed to prop herself up onto her elbows as she looked up at Sanae, a lopsided grin splayed across her lips. “Hiya Green-white! Nice of you to drop by. Yes, i'm aaaaall on my lonesome, those other two just up and left me by myself. Isn't it tragic!” she placed the back of her hand against her forehead in a 'woe is me' kinda pose. Perhaps that stint of having to act like Kurumi had left more of an impression than she realised.

Getting back into a cross legged pose she stretched her arms. “Still, we didn't really get to know each other before you up and vanished in that flying thingy so we can do that now! I didn't catch your name before, but Hi! I'm Elis, nice to meet you!”

Elis' eyes then flicked upwards towards the descending Evil Eye Sigma. “Oh look, the thingy. Hey, since there is a lot left over from your goddess, care for a drink?”
Elis
Main Character

Previous

Return to Youkai Mountain