[Open] Mystic Pair

Locations: Moriya Shrine, Tengu Village, Kappa Village, Giant Toad's Pond, The Waterfall
Forum rules
Youkai Mountain is easily the most massive mountain that can be found in Gensokyo. The mountain is so large that the beings inhabiting it seem to be largely segregated. At the base of the mountain live the peaceful Kappa, an semi-aquatic race with a fondness of engineering and architecture. Further up the mountain, one can find the airborne Tengu, who live in a village near the incredible waterfall. However, the most notable structure that can be found on the youkai mountain lies at the very top. Relatively new to Gensokyo, the Moriya Shrine simply appeared one day along with a sizeable lake. This shrine is home to the Goddesses of snake and frog, Kanako Yasaka and Suwako Moriya. Suwako, the original goddess of the shrine, has recently been lying dormant while Kanako roams free, a result of Kanako subverting her in battle. The keeper of the shrine is a girl named Sanae Kotiya. Sanae serves a similar role to Reimu Hakurei, and in fact attempted to establish the Moriya Shrine as the dominant place of worship in Gensokyo before being stopped by Reimu and Marisa. Both the Kappa and Tengu, however, to seem to be starting to recognize the sovergnity of the Moriya Shrine.

Re: [Open] Mystic Pair

Postby Konngara » 01 Jun 2013 18:24

Konngara looked to the flying tank, chuckling a bit. This shrine maiden seemed to be rather amused by the simplest things. She was nothing like that shrine maiden she had faced all those years ago. She had heard Kanako's offer, giving a brief nod and following her to the lake. She firmly floated and landed on one of the Lily pads, it was then that Kanako made her statement toward her.

Kanako Yasaka wrote:"I have no intention of pitching Gensokyo into Chaos, so I find your statement curious. Why do you take responsibility for the above-world as well as the below? Is that not the Komeiji's domain?"

"While it is true that the satori do maintain some order around former hell, the more or less keep to themselves." She then took her Sake dish from her robe and offered it to Kanako. One could not drink without a way to do so. "I prefer to think of it this way, what would happen if Gensoukyou was destroyed? Hell would have an overabundance of souls entering it. Things have a certain balance in how they work, if someone upsets that balance, it would get rather chaotic. That is why I have decided to constantly visit the above world, to make sure everything is alright."
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Elis » 06 Jun 2013 16:10

Elis' gaze drifted once more to the now mobile Evil Eye Sigma, an eyebrow raised as it floated upwards. I really need to have a look at that up close... I assume it runs on something similar to whatever that blue haired one in the green cap had before, so it probably isn't magic... shame. Still, I may be able to find some use of a large flying... thing. Maybe it could be used to bolster my numbers? Allies would be very good indeed, then I shall prove how superior I am to that blasted shrine maiden. If I had an army at my disposal nothing could stop me! I shall be the number one! Her eyes widened in horror as she realised just what she was thinking, or to be more precise, who she was thinking like. Gah. Damned girl. Even affecting me now.

Gritting her teeth and shaking her head to clear her thoughts, The Innocent Devil focussed her attention on the Goddess once again. Priorities Elis. Befriend the goddess, then look at the flying machine. In truth, she wasn't that keen on the idea of a drink, she hadn't really partaken in social consumption of alcohol due to being a recluse beforehand, so she had no idea of her limits. This was however a risk she was willing to take. “A drink would be lovely.” Following the pair to the lake, taking her place on one of the oversized lily-pads. She would have been curious as to why Kanako chose to sit where she did, were she not a Goddess. This was to be expected after all.

Honestly, Elis didn't really care much for Konngara's words, she didn't really see the point in her visiting hell or the underground in general, lacking a reason to do so. It didn't seem like there was anything of interest for her there, and then there was the matter of those... Satori. Mind readers. The very thought of being near one made her shudder, One as deceitful as The Innocent Devil found the idea of having her true intentions found out to be the worst possible scenario. No, if there was one thing she didn't want to happen, it was to encounter these Satori. The Underground could wait, indefinitely if needed.
Elis
Main Character

Postby Rika » 15 Jun 2013 09:58

Indeed, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to start showing off Evil Eye Sigma's weaponry this close to the Moriya Shrine. Rika was confident enough in her aim to be certain that she wouldn't hit the shrine or any other part of the mountain by accident during such a demonstration, but Kanako probably wouldn't appreciate her taking that risk in the first place, and the last thing she wanted to do right now was upset Sanae's goddess.

Fortunately, the shrine maiden was content to receive a much more harmless demonstration, inquiring about the war machine's speed instead of its arsenal. "Sure I can!" Rika replied immediately, already enjoying this opportunity to impress the miko and show off what her creation could do. "You should hold on to something, though. Evil Eye Sigma accelerates pretty fast." The engineer warned, giving Sanae a few moments to prepare herself before starting their flight.

Evil Eye Sigma rocketed forward with a single flap of its massive wings, flying straight past the peak of Youkai Mountain and vanishing into the distance. In the cockpit, Sanae would be treated to the sight of Gensokyo's landscape rushing past them as the flying tank rapidly picked up speed, demonstrating remarkable mobility for something so large and clumsy looking...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Sanae Kochiya » 23 Jun 2013 01:15

Whether done unconsciously or not, Sanae had already found her hands squeezing tightly at the sides of Rika's pilot seat. Was she preparing for what was to come? Was it out of barely containable excitement? She wasn't sure. Whatever the case, holding on tight was obviously the correct choice at the moment. With a reassuring nod to Rika to let her know she was ready, the miracle miko would do well to calmly wait for Rika to take off.

With the smallest bit of movement, Sanae's heart began to race within her chest. It was only upon suddenly accelerating forward that the girl found herself nearly forgetting to breath. One would think that flying through the skies like this was barely anything to be impressed with, especially in a setting such as Gensokyo. However, for Sanae, it was much different somehow. It was as if she was viewing the world going by through the eyes of her past self; a young child growing up with the admiration for giant robots.

Such admiration reflected within her glistening pools of her wide stretched eyes..

"Amazing..." she spoke, almost in a whisper. She was indeed surprised that something this large could move this fast. It was obvious that this sort of technology surpassed anything in both this world and the outside world. "Did you really make this all by yourself? Do you make other things like this?!" While Sanae knew little of who exactly Rika was, deep down she had most likely already decided...

The Moriya Shrine needed this girl!
Ctrl+F5 to see a new avatar! (Special thanks to Soga)
Sanae Kochiya
Alternate Character

Postby Kanako Yasaka » 23 Jun 2013 01:39

Kanako politely laughed, waving her hand in Konngara's direction. Her expression was one of puzzled amusement.

"I have no more interest in seeing Gensokyo destroyed than you do. You may have forgotten, but I am as much a part of it's future as anyone else here. I fully intend to see to it that things continue as they are, or perhaps improve."

She failed to elaborate on details there, idly toying with her own sake dish. Seems the goddess had no shortage of her own supply, but was quite free with sharing it with her guests. After all, that was what a good hostess did: keep the liquor flowing freely and bountifully among the guests. The surface of the lake rippled imperceptibly, a white flash of scales beneath the otherwise still waters. A subtle reminder that the pair was being carefully watched every moment they stayed in the goddess's presence.

Kanako's gaze gradually fell onto Elis, looking at her intently.

"You're a curious sort to flit in the shadow of this swords-woman. What brought you two together, if I might ask?"
Kanako Yasaka
Alternate Character

Postby Konngara » 28 Jun 2013 05:19

Kanako Yasaka wrote:"I have no more interest in seeing Gensokyo destroyed than you do. You may have forgotten, but I am as much a part of it's future as anyone else here. I fully intend to see to it that things continue as they are, or perhaps improve."

Konngara gave a quick chuckle, helping herself to the sake that Kanako had to offer. While it had little effect on her, she did enjoy it. "Well then, I will trust your word, after all, the future of Gensoukyou will be rather interesting to see, given your circumstances." She said before she quickly downed her second or third dish of sake. "Now let me ask you something, if I may be so bold. Tell me, do you have an affiliation with those at Hakurei? I have a rather lengthy history with that shrine and its lineage."

Kanako Yasaka wrote:"You're a curious sort to flit in the shadow of this swords-woman. What brought you two together, if I might ask?"

"Ah, even I do not know what exactly brought us together, I think that would be for a discussion on this young girl's behalf."
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Elis » 28 Jun 2013 18:29

Elis let out a quiet sigh as she observed the two with her converse, they had both taken their own sake dishes out and began drinking. Of course it would be rude of the Innocent Devil not to join in especially since she had said she would already. The problem with that was that she lacked a dish of her own.

...nothing a quick mimicking spell on her wand couldn't fix. Taking out the item she waved her hand over it, creating a small glow as it changed shape to resemble the drinking apparatus the others had, following this she also dipped into the Goddess' supply. Taking a tentative sip. ...huh. All in all not a bad taste. I could get used to this.

Her eyes snapped to Kanako as she was addressed, raising the question asked... what did bring them together? She had no previous knowledge of the horned woman so it couldn't have been arranged, and her statement only added to that, leaving the only explanation remaining.

This whole day was just one big coincidence, almost completely unplanned. And that annoyed Elis. She didn't like her plans to be mucked with on the best of days, and this, while not one of the worst was most definitely not brilliant. Lowering her dish she cleared her throat before responding with a shrug. “In all honesty Lady Kanako, it was merely chance that made our paths cross, nothing more nothing less. Can't say that's a bad thing but I probably would not had encountered her had I not set out today.” Taking another sip her eyes fell to Konngara, eyes narrowing ever so slightly as the faintest of smirks tugged at the corner of her mouth “I'm sure that would have been most unfortunate, you seem ever so nice Miss Konngara.” and I'm sure I can find a use for you somewhere. More information is needed beforehand, but that can wait for now.
Elis
Main Character

Postby Rika » 12 Jul 2013 19:10

Rika hadn't forgotten Kanako's condition for allowing this flight, namely that the two of them not stray too far from Youkai Mountain, so after flying away from the mountain for a little while she gently turned Evil Eye Sigma around and started flying back towards the shrine. This kind of flight was a routine experience for her, but it was clear that it had left Sanae in awe of both the machine and its creator.

Rika couldn't stop herself from blushing slightly at the praise she received from the amazed shrine maiden, the engineer not being used to this kind of unabashedly overjoyed reaction. "No, not all by myself." She admitted after a moment, thinking of Rikako and just how much the older girl had helped her over the years. Rika had always possessed an affinity for building things, but without the purple haired scientist it was unlikely that she would have been able to accomplish even a tenth of the things she had.

"This is actually the second version of Evil Eye Sigma! I had to build a replacement after the original was destroyed..." The engineer explained as she flew back towards the mountain, her grip on the controls tightening as she remembered that horrible day. "And I've built a lot of other stuff too!" Rika added, letting her flying tank drift lazily through the air on autopilot as she turned her attention to the console in front of her.

As her fingers danced across the console, many of the screens in front of her began to display something new. Blueprints and schematics of the engineer's other creations appeared. Sanae was treated to designs for conventional tanks of all sizes, a variety of defense turrets, a giant quadrupedal walker, and more...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Sanae Kochiya » 20 Jul 2013 12:04

Finally taking a moment to drag herself back to reality, Sanae looked to the young engineer curiously as she went about answering the miko's questions. Even after finding out that Rika hadn't built this machine completely by herself, the fact that she could pilot it with such familiarity was enough proof to the girl's skill & profession.

"Evil Eye Sigma..." Sanae repeated, "I see. So that's what you named it." She had to admit, the name was pretty accurate. "Probably too accurate..." she thought with a wry grin, thinking back to when she thought of Rika's tank as being a dangerous youkai.

Well, that was all in past now!

Upon Rika pulling out the numerous images of her many inventions, Sanae was left breathless. Things she would have only thought to see in sci-fi movies were being displayed right before her in full detail; blueprints and all! Back and forth, left and right, Sanae's head turned to glance at one of the images, only to quickly turn to another. At this rate, she was sure to risk getting a mild case of whiplash by the end of the day.

"L...Lady Kanako must see all this!"

While Sanae's current mental state had only been focusing on the "here and now" of what Rika had showed her, she was sure that Lady Kanako would see Rika's potential through a much broader view. She would definitely see the big picture better then the shrine maiden who was too busy trying not to swoon from this sudden intake of beauty!
Ctrl+F5 to see a new avatar! (Special thanks to Soga)
Sanae Kochiya
Alternate Character

Postby Kanako Yasaka » 20 Jul 2013 16:31

Kanako nodded thoughtfully, a hint of a smile dancing on her features. The goddess affected a look of politely bored indifference to her two visitors. So far they'd failed to give her any reason to do more than pleasantries and waste time until Sanae came back. For now, she was quite content to get increasingly drunk on a lazy afternoon and watch the fish in her lake.

"Really now, tell me the real reason for your visit. This is so dull, all the empty posturing and strutting about. Sanae gets to ride in a marvelous flying machine and you two are sitting there like frogs on a rock, staring me down. What am I supposed to think?"

Sipping at her sake again, she looked contemplative.

"Is this about the Hakurei shrine? Some scheme to get back at that girl? Considering everyone's been bested by her at once, it's the only thing in the world I can dream of that would bring you here."
Kanako Yasaka
Alternate Character

Postby Konngara » 22 Jul 2013 20:38

Kanako Yasaka wrote:"Really now, tell me the real reason for your visit. This is so dull, all the empty posturing and strutting about. Sanae gets to ride in a marvelous flying machine and you two are sitting there like frogs on a rock, staring me down. What am I supposed to think?"

"I honestly have no idea in the slightest what you mean. I came here for reasons of making sure balance and order is maintained." Konngara gave a quick smirk to the goddess, it was not a threatening one, as much as it was playful. "Is it just because that you too, wish to endear in the acts of your shrine maiden, Yasaka-megamisama? You find it dull that someone o your status has to focus on the future of so many?" Konngara gave a quick sip of her sake, having been the fourth dish she had consumed. Her tolerance was quite high.

Kanako Yasaka wrote:"Is this about the Hakurei shrine? Some scheme to get back at that girl? Considering everyone's been bested by her at once, it's the only thing in the world I can dream of that would bring you here."

"I am waiting for the right time to meet that shrine maiden again, it has been quite a few years, since she has encountered the likes of me. For a child, to bring about my defeat, even as a child, is honestly surprising. Though, my other self had taken control the last time I had faced her, so it is only fair that I face her sometime in a proper, and composed manner. But, getting back at her, is not my personal goal, all I desire, is a proper rematch with the shrine maiden, perhaps a friendly conversation, and an apology to her as well. Revenge has long left my desires."
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Elis » 27 Jul 2013 09:14

Now, Elis is not one who enjoys being beaten, regardless if it is a battle of wits or a Duel, while she does have the intelligence to know when to give up, retreat, and plan her revenge, she still has her Vampiric pride.

Sometimes that pride wins over her reason.

As such, the Innocent Devil had been taking note of Konngara's fourth dish of sake, and how she seemed to be completely unaffected by it all, and decided, for an unfathomable reason that she would try to match it, surely it couldn't be that strong if she could have that much right?

Not her greatest decision of the day. Oh no, far from it.

Elis, who had never had alcohol of any sort before, had sped up her drinking to match Konngara, and the effects were starting to show.

To put it lightly, she was a bit drunk.

I... feel weird... what is this? It was then that Kanako mentioned the Hakurei Shrine, immediately grabbing, well almost immediately, her attention. ...everyone? Bested by her? I'm not the only one? Common ground... but you don't want to? that's... The Innocent Devil began to giggle, holding her free hand over her mouth as she beamed at Konngara. “Aaaand that is where we differ! Don't want revenge? She must have humiliated you, defeating you in your home, at least I assume so. That's what happened to me, beat me as she was passing through, the nerve!” her giggling changed into a sad chuckle. “Beat me at my own game, couldn't think of anything better that to... to...”

A shadow cast itself over her eyes. “Than to teach her what it means to do that to me. No one does that to me, no one! That's why...” she gazed up at Kanako with slightly unfocussed eyes. “That's why I...” ...why am I... why am I saying this? This is not how I should be. “I wanted your help. I can't do it alone... not strong enough, working on it. Thought Shrine maidens got special powers before, tried to become one for a goddess down the mountain, failed, seems to be a trend for me in this world. Well, mostly. I did ge-” it was at that point that she clasped a hand over her mouth, realising just how much she had said. Oh no. no no no. Stupid stupid stupid she'll never agree now, you chatterbox. Damn this drink! Probably bored her half to death... do Goddesses die? Not important.

“I... I'm so sorry, look at me rambling, must be boring you, how rude of me to do tha- aaaaand i'm doing it again. Sorry...” today was not going well for Elis. Not at all.
Elis
Main Character

Postby Rika » 09 Aug 2013 18:43

The slide show of blueprints and schematics continued for about a minute before Rika switched off the autopilot and retook control of Evil Eye Sigma, the images disappearing immediately as the screens resumed their normal function. Sanae hadn't been shown everything, but she had seen more than enough to get a good idea of the little girl's engineering capabilities. An especially rare find in Gensokyo, where most beings favored magic over science.

Trying not to enjoy the shrine maiden's overt amazement too much, Rika found her curiosity piqued when Sanae mentioned that the goddess of the mountain had to see all of this. Not knowing anything about the Moriya Shrine, the engineer was oblivious to the fact that Kanako preferred a more modern approach to things than most deities. Curiosity turned into hesitation when she remembered how intimidating the goddess had been earlier, but that didn't stop her from seeking clarification.

"W-Why do you want to show her?" Rika asked Sanae after a moment, Evil Eye Sigma having returned to Youkai Mountain by now. The flying tank slowed down a little as its pilot orbited the peak of the mountain a few times, hopefully remaining far enough away to not distract Kanako or her guests too much...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Konngara » 09 Aug 2013 18:49

Konngara noticed Elis' slight mistake and could not help pat the young vampire on the head. There was actually a small smile on the administrator of hell's face. It was rather rare that she actually smiled, but all of this aside, she did actually see Elis as a comrade. Regardless of whether or not her words she spoke ay have been true or not.

"While you may be correct on one point, Elis-chan, the Hakurei Shrine Maiden, has only been doing her job. Revenge is wasted on a fight you cannot win, I realized that at my defeat some time ago. Which was why I dedicated my time to become stronger, to gain more control of myself. I would suggest that you do the same, and not dedicated yourself to petty revenge, like I once did."
Konngara
Free Character

Postby Kanako Yasaka » 15 Aug 2013 19:59

[Going to go ahead and pull out of this thread due to having difficulty posting and a general lack of progress on my end. I apologize but Kanako just doesn't have any real reason to be here.]
Kanako Yasaka
Alternate Character

PreviousNext

Return to Youkai Mountain