[Open] An Innocent Mansion Excursion

Locations of interest: Ruined Western Mansion, Scarlet Devil Mansion
Forum rules
The river that flows down the Youkai Mountain drains into this lake. The poor visibility over the lake and the surrounding forests makes it appear to be very large, although one can easily walk around it. It is inhabited by behemothic fish.

Located on a ridge near the lake is the Scarlet Devil Mansion. A grand building of European styling, with few windows, an extensive basement, and an interior warped and enlarged through magical means. The clock tower houses a turret clock that only tolls at night.

Also nearby is the former Prismriver mansion. Once the home of the aristocratic Prismriver family, it now lies ruined and forgotten save by the three poltergeist sisters that remain.

[Open] An Innocent Mansion Excursion

Postby Elis » 24 May 2013 15:08

It was quite a nice day in Gensokyo, the birds were chirping, the sun was shining, everything was so peaceful and quiet.

...Oh, and a Blonde winged girl wrapped in a dark robe was heading in the direction of the Scarlet Mansion.

Admittedly, Elis probably chose a bad time of day to approach the Mansion of the Devil, forced to use the robe she donned to block out the sun, but she was on a mission today. A mission of curiosity albeit, but a mission none the less.

There was a library owned by a Magician in there. She needed access badly. That and The Innocent Devil wanted to see the Mansion owner herself, after their last encounter there were a few things she intended to clear up.

She no longer wanted to be associated with that one. The Scarlet Devil was much less annoying, and pleasant to talk to, being on the good side of an Elder vampire was also something she wished, it wouldn't do to be against her, that would be silly. Besides, she has lived in Gensokyo much longer than Elis has, perhaps she could help in getting a one up on that Red-white, or even have some good info about other denizens of this world. Either works.

And so she trudged on, nearing the gates of the Mansion, somehow she felt that today might not go as she had originally planned, but since coming here a few of her plans had fallen out of sorts, so that wouldn't be anything new. Not that she enjoyed that thought. “Gah... this was much easier on that boat. This robe is so heavy... Still.” Straightening her back from her hunched pose, she nodded with determination. “It will be worth the trouble. If I can get into that library then I can improve myself even further. Maybe I can convince Lady Remilia to allow me access freely? That would simplify things... We'll see how this goes.”
Elis
Main Character

Re: [Open] An Innocent Mansion Excursion

Postby Tenshi Hinanawi » 27 May 2013 16:39

Vampire Hunter.

It was a term whispered amongst the humans long ago, slowly becoming nothing more then a fleeting tale of a forgotten era. This meant that, in the land of Gensokyo where forgotten things gathered, it was only a matter of time before said stories of ancient times made it's way back into this world...

And into the ears of a certain troublesome celestial.

"Hmhmmhmhmmm~♪" Far up above the clouds, Tenshi looked to be taking a pleasant stroll through the sky. One mighty step after another, her foot stepped upon a keystone that appeared under her foot the exact moment she put it down, creating a makeshift walkway for the celestial. Her destination? Why, the Scarlet Devil Mansion of course!

Hinanawi Tenshi had already done well to play the villain in her last game incident, so, having nothing better to do, the carefree girl thought to try her hand out at being a heroic vampire slayer! She was kinda disappointed that a vampire didn't show up when she had gathered many of Gensokyo's fighters, so Tenshi would do well to fix that by paying a visit to this world's residential vampires, Remilia and Flandre Scarlet.

Tenshi's footsteps would soon come to a sudden halt as she peered through the clouds at the land below. "...Hm?" Her expression would shift from cheery to surprised as she caught eye of someone heading towards the mansion's gates. She always figured that people did well to avoid this place. No matter. This actually would do well to make things more fun for the adventurous girl.

Like a rock...

On a rock...

Tenshi dropped from the sky.

*BOOM*

Barely a few feet away from where Elis was now standing, Tenshi had descended onto the ground on her keystone faster then anyone could say "Oh my celestial". Despite the huge, ground shaking impact, Tenshi did well to make it as clean as possible, leaving no dust or dirt flying about the air to sully her dynamic entrance. In her right hand she carried the Sword of Hisou....except it wasn't a sword. With it's shapeshifting properties, the celestial tool now looked to carry the shape of a long, flame-like whip. After all, whips were needed to slay vampires, right?

"You there..." Tenshi called out to Elis, her stern expression soon shifting into a proud smirk, "You would do well to watch where you stand. You are about to tread on the ground of a vicious vampire that I, Hinanawi Tenshi, shall soon exterminate!"

In truth, Tenshi had no plan of stopping this person, whoever they may be. If she had an audience to watch her as she committed an amazing act of heroism, all the better!
Tenshi Hinanawi
Main Character

Postby Chen » 28 May 2013 16:57

Something interesting was going to happen at the Scarlet Devil Mansion today. Or at least, that's the rumor Chen heard. Like all other rumors, it was vague about the details.

Speaking of other rumors... to say that the mansion had a bad reputation among Chen's fairy friends, would be like saying that ten-legged tarantulas had a bad reputation at a birthday party. A vampire who feasts on human flesh, years after it was declared illegal? Any trespassers are forced to clean dishes for six hundred and sixty-six years? Chen was sure that fairy had made the first one up, but still.

On the other paw, you've definitely read at least five stories with this plot: a scary occultist lives in a creepy house. You knock on the door (usually, on Halloween, and on a dare). She invariably turns out to be a nice lady who gives you apple cider. The moral of the story is, it couldn't hurt to check the place out.

Walking along the mansion path, Chen saw a girl with wings and a robe ahead of her, along with a sword-swinging celestial, and ran up to meet them. Both of their faces had that "on a mission" look. If Meiling popped up, Chen was all ready to say "I'm with those two."

"Vampire extermination?" Chen asked. "I have garlic in my pocket, just in case. I'm happy as long as they don't feast on our flesh."
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."
Chen
Main Character

Postby Elis » 28 May 2013 19:38

Elis stopped in her tracks, a frown on her face. Something was wrong, she could feel it. But what? What could possible be wrong here? There was no one around! Not a soul! What was this feeling of unease?

...more importantly. What is that high-pitched whine? Sounds almost as if something is fa-

Her thoughts were sadly cut short as the Celestial made her grand entrance a few feet from the Innocent Devil, something she was most certainly not prepared for. And her reaction showed it all.

“Gaaaah!” She jumped about a foot in the air, shrieking at the top of her lungs, her wings flared out in surprise, sending the robe billowing out behind her back, leaving her normal attire fully exposed. Clasping a hand to her chest she practically shouted at Tenshi, baring her fangs as she spoke. “What in the sweet Makai was that?! Who Does that?! Who are you? What are you...doing...” she trailed off when what the Celestial said was actually processed.

...Vampire? Exterminate? She wants to exterminate a vampire here? That must be Lady Remilia right? But why would she- hang on. She's a vampire hunter. That is bad. That is very bad indeed. Oh dear. Re-evaluating the situation, Elis focussed her gaze on Tenshi, reaching into her waistcoat pocket for her want.

...before she was interrupted once more by the Arrival of Chen.

...it's a cat. Why is a cat here? Her face fell into a deadpan expression when Chen mentioned the garlic she was carrying. Garlic. Seriously? Garlic of all things. Sure it's horrible stuff but why would that stop anything? It just ruins the taste of- Wait what. Feast on... your flesh? Frowning, The Innocent Devil crossed her arms as she turned to Chen, making sure to keep the Celestial in her peripheral vision at all times. “I highly doubt that will happen, you seem to have your rumours of Vampires extremely exaggerated and misinformed.” Hopefully she could get them to at least not be aggressive. She still needed to get inside the mansion after all... preferably sooner rather than later.
Elis
Main Character

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 30 May 2013 04:57

Inside of the mansion rests the vampire which seems to have sparked some interesting rumors. It should go without saying there was no time when Remilia, one who at least attempts to pass herself off as a lady, feasted on human flesh. It would no doubt taste quite foul. The blood was enough for her, and she did not even need a great deal of that. It wouldn't be that far from the truth to say that she never feasted on anything at all, and if she did it would most certainly not be people!

The concept of vampire hunting was less easily forgotten when one actually was a vampire. Though for obvious reasons Remilia had never met one that was able to handle her, her early life before she had come into her full power saw her meeting with some that thought they could take her down. When she was still developing her strength some managed to wound her but none did any serious harm. Perhaps a celestial posing as one might be able to entertain her at least? She might have liked to handle things more personally when Tenshi had decided to play her little game, but when one of the only things one has to fear is the weather, not knowing if it might suddenly be bright and sunny or, worse, rainy made it difficult for her to tend to things with her own hands. She had, of course, made a point to learn who had caused her such a inconvenience, not out of some desire for revenge but simply because it was worth knowing.

From a second floor balcony, a youthful face peers sleepily from behind the thick curtains. Messy or not, the celestial's entrance was quite loud, loud enough to 'wake the dead' so to speak. The face, of course, belongs to the mansion's mistress, the Scarlet Devil herself. She certainly doesn't feel very devilish right now, however. More annoyed then anything else. She had been resting quite well, and now it seems there was a little crowd gathering at her gates.

She knew the little kitty cat the best, though solely because of the household she was affiliated with. Remilia had no strong opinions about Chen, she'd never done anything to annoy her, nor had she done anything to impress her. She can feel a fellow vampire, and thankfully it was the more intelligent one by the look of it. And lastly, the source of that loud noise. A sigh escapes her and she slips back into her room to begin to get dressed. This looks to be something that she'll have to tend to herself.

A few minutes later, the mansion's doors open, revealing Remilia, carrying a parasol. She walks across the courtyard, seeming to believe the umbrella to be all the protection she needs from the sun. "As I imagine you know, this is my property. Unless you have a good reason to be here, you will have to leave." Annoyed as she is, the little vampire still speaks with manners. Maybe this can end without any property damage for once.
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Tenshi Hinanawi » 30 May 2013 07:27

Huh...If this wasn't a lovely surprise.

Tenshi's boastful expression slowly softened to a questionable look at the now uncloaked character. Wings. Fangs. Demonic eyes. Despite not having seen many vampires in her time, it was pretty obvious who this person was just by comparing her features to that of Remilia. The celestial continued to stare silently at the blonde haired demon, analyzing her up and down.

Slowly, Tenshi's mouth curved up into a smirk.

Even after Chen arrived, her gaze followed Elis with the same expression in an almost unnerving fashion; like a child staring at a new toy the toy shop window. It was only after after Chen spoke did her mischievous expression finally ease into a normal smile. "Well, thankfully I needn't worry about having my flesh eaten, as I'm sure anyone foolish enough to attempt such a thing would die in a matter of minutes," Tenshi replied in a calm tone, "Thankfully, it seems that we have an expert on the matter to tell us that isn't the case."

Her eyes would once again fall on Elis. Without asking the obvious question of what the girl really was, Tenshi grinned as she went about asking a different question. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know the owner of this mansion, would you? I'm sure it would be no problem for you to convince them to allow people like us inside, right?"

There it was again. That mischievous glint in her eyes. An obvious sign of trouble. However, it wouldn't be long till Tenshi would find herself face to face with the person she had intended on meeting with in the first place. "The Scarlet Devil herself, Remilia Scarlet," Tenshi confirmed, grinning to herself, "You have my thanks for making this much simpler then I had intended. Then again, I was kinda hoping to go through a couple of lesser challenges before reaching your lair. No matter."

With a small push, the celestial stood from off her keystone, facing the scarlet vampire with her weapon ready in hand. "I'll keep it simple. My goal, as a (temporary self-proclaimed) vampire hunter, is to exterminate you," she spoke in a straight manner, "I'm sure this is nothing new for you."
Tenshi Hinanawi
Main Character

Postby Letty Whiterock » 30 May 2013 21:05

Letty literally happened to be passing through somewhat lazily when she spotted a commotion in front of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. A person in a cloak, a catgirl, and a blue-haired girl who had arrived on a rock were busy talking among themselves. Close enough to catch the tail end of the racket but too far away to make out specifics, she decided to pay the group a visit. She had managed to get within speaking distance when one more individual exited the mansion, one who was no doubt the Scarlet Devil herself. The snow woman did not know the vampiress personally, having only properly interacted with Sakuya in the past, but that was no reason not to exchange pleasantries since the opportunity had arisen.

Her arrival would most likely not be missed, since she had gone out of her way to generate a field of cold that knocked the ambient temperature down a couple degrees on top of the cooling that the Misty Lake itself provided. Given that it was nice and sunny today, it averaged out to being downright pleasant. The fact that the snow woman was not in her heavy winter outfit also helped, and was instead wearing a much lighter summer version of her usual dress. With an admittedly longer skirt since bloomers were a pain this time of year.

"My, this scene resembles a bar joke one might tell over a mug of beer to one's friends~" Letty stepped down onto the ground soundlessly, and continued walking toward the group just as quietly until she was standing next to Chen. She had heard what Tenshi was saying, and was mulling that idea over in her head for the moment. "Greetings, Miss Scarlet~" She addressed the Scarlet Devil herself in a calm, carefree tone before looking to each of the others present again. "I am admittedly unfamiliar with the rest of you, so perhaps we could get introductions out of the way? I am Letty Whiterock, a snow woman who is simply passing through."
Letty Whiterock
Main Character

Postby Chen » 04 Jun 2013 02:33

 Before Chen's eyes, the mansion's doors flew open, revealing its eponymous Scarlet Devil. Chen clutched her clove of garlic so hard her knuckles went white. Truth be told, she had never seen Remilia before, so she didn't recognize the mansion's head honcho past the bat wings and pointy cuspids. On the other hand, even a goldfish could identify a person who matched their last name this well.

 Despite the black robed girl's reassurance, Chen still wasn't taking any risks around vampires. Plus, she had empirical evidence: a few years ago, Remilia's servant insulted her, rampaged all through her cat village, and to cap it all off, shot her out of the sky! True, Sakuya did go on to save Gensokyo's spring that day, but it could be a coincidence. Obviously, Remilia engages herself in all sorts of skullduggery, just like Sakuya.

 And just like Sakuya, Remilia was now employing the classic conversation strategy: implied threats, followed (well, probably) by a swarm of bullets o'er the land. At the vampire's command, Chen duly took as many steps back as she could without looking like a scaredy-cat. Taking the logical standpoint, though, possible party rumors definitely count as a "good reason to be here".

 In any case, for the time being, Chen tried to make herself invisible. I mean, by standing behind other people and avoiding eye contact, not by casting some sort of magic spell. In Gensokyo, you really have to clarify these idioms.
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."
Chen
Main Character

Postby Elis » 06 Jun 2013 16:55

Despite showing annoyance on her face, The Innocent Devil's eyes kept flicking back to Tenshi every few seconds. She was worried, something she hadn't felt for a long time. Why is she smiling like that...? She's thinking of either attacking me or using me first Then attacking me. Vampire hunter huh? Well we'll see how clever you really are. Just wipe that expression off your face already!

Turning her head back to the Celestial when she was addressed, Elis frowned and narrowed her eyes. “And why should I tell you hmm? Someone hunting my kind and you're asking ME for help are you? You must think I'm an idiot, some gullible little bat that will play ball just because of big talk and a whip. For your information, I highly doubt they would let people like you inside, regardless of what I may or may not say to the Mistress.” Nodding her head in Chen's direction she continued. “She is a different matter. Probably.”

Of course, it was then that the Scarlet Devil herself made an appearance. Well... this makes my life easier. Though with the present company that is probably incorrect now. Shame. Still, my purpose can wait for now. Briefly her eyes flicked to the newcomer, the noticeable chill having alerted her to Letty's presence, but she could wait also. “While I do have business with you Lady Remilia, I do believe there are more pressing matters to attend to beforehand.” Turning to Letty she gave a light nod. “Elis, Vampire of Makai. A pleasure.”

The fact the cat seemed to be hiding now would have been amusing to the Innocent Devil, were it not for the imminent conflict that seemed to be brewing. Foolish thing shouldn't have come if she was this scared of our kind. Those were some really outlandish rumours.
Elis
Main Character

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 14 Jun 2013 04:03

The 'vicious' vampire listens with a surprising amount of patience as she addressed by the small crowd that has gathered in front of her mansion. It seems there was no chance for today to be a peaceful one. Thankfully it seemed that only one of her visitors was suffering from some manner of delusion, the others seemed relatively 'tame' by Gensokyo's standards. There seemed no chance that Chen meant her any harm, at least not directly. There was always the chance she had been sent by Yukari on some 'errand' that might end up in amusement for the gap youkai and annoyance for her, but the cat herself was likely to be innocent in the end. She seems to be trying so hard to keep herself hidden that Remilia does her a favor and doesn't attract any more attention to her.

The fact that Elis showed up alone meant more then whatever reason she may have to be there. She had seemed too intelligent to have anything to do with the vampire she had been running around with before. Of course Remilia was, again, prepared to watch for trickery but she seemed to be here for her own reasons. She had business, did she? That interested her more then the silly celestial did. The vampire seemed to have little interest in the woman at all, and it is entirely on purpose that she chooses to address the others before even dignifying Tenshi with a response.

First she turns towards the least familiar of the people not currently on her list of annoying people. "Letty Whiterock? I believe I have heard that name before. Sakuya mentioned meeting you when I had her tending to some things. Despite what it may look like, there is not a party currently going on, this little gathering was rather impromptu. Still, I suppose if you mean no harm it would be poor of me to simply turn you away. I shall leave the others to introduce themselves, if they so desire."

Next she turns to Elis. "You appear to be alone this time. Have you finally realized that girl was simply holding you back? I do not mind listening to whatever business you may have for me, but as you have said there is something else that must be tended to first."

Finally, it is the celestial's turn. The woman's words seem to be rather less then impressive to her. She wears a bored expression on her face. It is very clear that she is not threatened. "I lost track of those who tried to kill me simply for what I am. You are correct in thinking that this is nothing new to me. Do you know what else is nothing new to me? Having those who would try to harm me or mine on the ground at my feet. The chance of your mission ending successfully is almost non-existent and, should you manage it, you would be earning yourself a lifetime of being hunted, never allowed to rest until it was in your own grave."

A grin comes to her face. "I will allow you to leave now, and forget that this insult ever took place. You would wise to accept my generosity. No good can come of your foolish little game. Even if you win, you lose." The hand not holding her parasol points away from the mansion, over the lake. "I do not care where you go, but as long as you act so foolishly, you are not welcome here."
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Tenshi Hinanawi » 14 Jun 2013 15:52

Even with the chilling appearance of another, Tenshi could only unconsciously identify them as a background character along with the cat and the vampire #2. For the time being, Remilia Scarlet had been labeled as "villain" in her mind. For that reason, nothing else mattered at the moment.

"........."

After a good bit of waiting, the peach girl's grin slowly slipped away into an impassive stare at the vampire before shifting into a slightly irate frown. If there was one thing the celestial didn't take kindly to, it was being ignored. Thankfully, it wouldn't take long for Remilia to finally take notice of the girl. A second later may have resulted in a tantrum of sorts from Tenshi.

And by tantrum, she of course meant natural disasters.

Tenshi quietly continued to stare at the devil girl, doing well not to even do so much as bat an eyelash as she watched her proud and dignified act. Of course, this much was to be expected from a vampire. No fear. No anger. Not even the slightest bit of panic. In the end, Tenshi would only watch the girl grin after giving her obvious warning. A brief moment of silence would transcend between the two as the celestial stared at the scarlet vampire a calm, straight-faced expression.

"Hmmm~" The girl's mouth would finally curl into a amused grin, looking to Remi with a sly expression. "I'm starting see where that one maid gets it from. Shame that she doesn't have as good a head on her shoulders as you." The peach girl gently hopped from off her keystone, planting her boot clad feet onto the solid earth. "After all, to actually admit the possibility of losing? I'm glad that there is more to you then an inflated ego."

"As for me... Well, I fend off shinigami on a timely basis. To say I risk an eternity of being hunted is a needless worry. It would only do well to eliminate some of my boredom, you know?" Tenshi slowly walked forward, whip dragging across the dirt with each small step. "So that show of 'compassion' on your part is unneeded. If you have time to waste showing such generosity, I suggest using it to force me to leave."

The celestial would stop a good few feet away from the shady vampire, grin still prominent on her face. "If you have the power to force me to crumble at your feet, then it's pretty simple what you need to do, right?"
Tenshi Hinanawi
Main Character

Postby Letty Whiterock » 14 Jun 2013 16:54

The young-looking catgirl had opted to act all skittish in front of the Scarlet Devil, which the snow woman supposed was a natural response considering how strong the vampiress was supposed to be, more if the catgirl was in fact somewhat weak compared to others. That being said, she decided to leave the adorable catgirl be for now. No reason to make her more skittish or provoke an unnecessary response. Elis, on the other hand... "And a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The Scarlet Devil herself was next on the list of people to respond to, as she had taken the time to be polite despite the increasingly aggravating circumstances. "Oh, I figured as much. Impromptu gatherings are inevitable when one lives around here, though I wasn't expecting such a troublesome person to appear here. Also, I do in fact mean no harm. There's no real reason for one such as myself to go around being disruptive~" Not unless someone wanted her to be disruptive, mind. She could do that quite nicely.

There was just one other left in the current assembly of magical oddballs, and this last one was perhaps the oddest yet. While she had made a point of introducing herself first, she actually did know of Tenshi Hinanai. A celestial girl who lived her life above the clouds, who had become so bored that she decided to spark a Gensokyo-wide incident just to sate her desire for excitement. The snow woman didn't quite get that, as there were a few fun ways to stave off boredom that would end without one's head being planted firmly up their rear end. Several times.

...Though upon thinking about it, there's the possibility that no one ever taught the girl about the birds and the bees.

"...That being said, miss Scarlet, I do believe there's something I should take care of before you engage in some personal housecleaning. I shall take your leave for a few moments."

That aside, the girl appears to have taken up another ridiculous endeavor to stave off boredom. Quite honestly, she was making a bit of a fool of herself and would most likely not back down until beaten down. Not that it was any of her business, mind. The only problem would lie in how widespread the duel would be. Danmaku duels had a remarkably nasty habit of covering a wide area, so with that in mind she decided to turn her back from the impending engagement, then walk to the waterfront. Once there, she used her ability to freeze the water and draw it upward, first forming a simple slab of ice that was half a foot thick, two feet wide, and two feet tall.

From there she started to mold and shave the ice, reinforcing it with a few tricks she picked up over the years while making it look more like a small, simple round shield. None the less, it was ornate on the side that would face another person, complete with the alchemy sign for silver set inside her own personal symbol, as it were, and quite durable for 'mere' ice. Additionally, the shield face had a mirror sheen to it, so if push came to shove she could watch the fight and simply bounce away any bullets that come her way. "There we go. All set~"
Letty Whiterock
Main Character

Postby Chen » 24 Jun 2013 05:55

 Wow, a real Gensokyo battle! Tenshi's confrontation with Remilia was shaping up to erupt into fun fireballs any moment. Don't believe me? Just look: "I do not care where you go, but as long as you act so foolishly, you are not welcome here." "If you have the power to force me to crumble at your feet, then it's pretty simple what you need to do, right?" Don't tell me that's not final boss dialogue!

 To tell the truth, Chen had never seen a real incident-level final battle before. True, there was that day when Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya all charged through her village, but those quick danmaku contests were hardly life-or-death. Here, though, with Tenshi and Remilia, they looked raring to slice each other's throats. (Or, well, bite.)

 By Chen's estimation, this could only end one way: everyone chatting and drinking tea afterward.

 There was only one question, then. Where's a good vantage point? Letty, at least, had a clever answer. Chen squeezed in behind the giant ice shield and munched her metaphorical popcorn. Transparent barriers are the best!

 "So who do you think's gonna win?" Chen's eyes sparkled. "Tenshi has a sword, but Remilia is a vampire, so it's a tie, right?"

You found my secret fake-signature comment. Hey, PM me if you like puzzles! Or maybe PM me that you found my secret comment. Or maybe PM me saying "don't take 10 days to post next time! grr!" - Chen
Chen
Main Character

Postby Elis » 01 Jul 2013 16:52

Elis grimaced as Remilia mentioned her situation, casting her gaze to the floor and chuckling bitterly. “Yes, you could say that. Got what I needed, her... Assistance was no longer required, shall we say. My goals needn't require such a... distraction.” Of course, she would never admit the real reason, but this was as good as anything.

And then there was the Celestial. Thankfully the Innocent Devil seemed to have taken a 'second priority status with the self proclaimed vampire hunter, so she let herself relax. At least to her normal level of alertness, can't be too careful. Not that she would engage Tenshi, oh no. it wouldn't do to involve herself in a battle with an older Vampire, that would be simply disrespectful. After all, Elis knew that The Scarlet Devil was stronger than herself. By how much was unknown, but she would not antagonise someone a century or two older than herself, despite her efforts to enhance her own power.

There is only so much one can do in their life, and Remilia certainly had longer to do such, that much was certain.

The big question was what kind of duel would it be? The social norm here seemed to be those 'Danmaku' fights Kurumi made her participate in, and those had a horrible habit of causing collateral damage, despite being merely a game. Deciding it would be best to distance herself for now, The Innocent Devil took place next to the ice woman, and by proxy the cat-girl too, wand at the ready to deflect any projectiles heading her way.

Crossing her arms and tapping a finger on her wand she kept her gaze locked on the two soon to be combatants. “while I know nothing of the loud one, I would say that the odds are in Lady Remilia's favour. This is home turf after all, and besides...” she flicked her gaze to Chen, a fanged grin on her lips. “Us vampires are not to be underestimated.” Focussing on the other two again she gave a shrug. “Either way it should prove to be interesting at least.” And besides, I can use this to gauge just how much ground I have to cover to match Lady Remilia, I have been curious... This should be entertaining~
Elis
Main Character

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 03 Jul 2013 06:37

Though she hears the response Elis has for her question, Remila has time to form an answer for it. The information is tucked away for later. It is good that the more intelligent girl had broken herself away from the fool that had been holding her back. From what Remilia had been able to tell in the interaction between Elis and Kurumi, it was obvious who had been the one actually worthy of her notice. One of them had behaved like some manner of lunatic while the other had not. There was no doubt which of the two she had preferred. Of course she is no mind-reader, so she cannot know that this vampire is looking for a way to surpass her, but she would not care if she did. Much like the celestial that had come to visit her today, Remilia struggled with finding ways to pass her time, what would be better to pass the time then a rival? She might even be willing to give the vampire a little bit of a push to get her there, though not enough to let her take her place. When the word 'vampire' came up, everyone knew that Remilia was the topic. Fame like that was not something she was going to let go.

Such thoughts only have a brief moment to swirl around the vampire's head, however. The troublesome invader seems as if she isn't going to be dissuaded so easily. She must be confident in herself. Though the mansion seemed a relatively frequent target for those in search of entertainment it was rare to find one with the audacity to just walk up and challenge Remilia personally. This person was a fool, of that there was no doubt. But were they a powerful fool? That remained to be seen.

The little vampire, naturally, does not look to be concerned. "So, you aren't going to turn away then? What a selfish girl you are. At the very least you could have waited until evening. You must be quite cowardly to challenge a vampire during the daytime. What glory is there in that? However, you don't seem as if you intend to suddenly recognize your own stupidity, so allow me to remove that little disadvantage. I would not wish for there to be anything in the way as you are forced to realize the mistake you've made."

As the vampire speaks, the hand which isn't holding the parasol is gathering sorcerous energy. It is not energy which is intended to strike her enemy down, merely level the playing field, so to speak. Reddish energy, looking somewhat like ghostly tendrils of smoke, begin to rotate around that hand. The energy grows rapidly, coalescing into a complete, if somewhat transparent, field of energy around her hand. This she raises to the heavens, and it launches skyward. The results are both immediate and familiar to anyone who had been in Gensokyo since the time Remilia had brought attention to herself.

There was a reason that energy looked so smokey. When it reached an altitude that satisfied its creator, it began to rapidly expand. Visible from miles away, the mist cloud rapidly grew to cover the entire mansion, all of the Misty Lake, as well a small portion of the forest in all directions. Thankfully for the majority of Gensokyo, Remilia seems satisfied with only covering a small portion of the land this time. Naturally once the battle was over she would allow it to dissipate. This was simply to allow the fight to be fair. "There. I trust that shall suffice. If the miko has a problem with it, she can take it up with me after we have finished." No longer needing it, the vampire snaps shut her parasol, casually walking over towards the transparent barrier Letty had constructed to offer it to to Chen. "Be a dear and hold this for me, won't you?" She speaks with surprising kindness considering the annoyance she likely feels. If the kitty does not accept it, she will simply leave it propped against the ice shield. With nothing else to distract her, the vampire turns back towards Tenshi. "Let us get this charade over with. I have proper guests to attend to, and I'd rather not waste my time with a simpleton when there are more interesting things to do."
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Next

Return to Misty Lake