[Halloween Party] All Hallow's Eve

Locations of interest: Ruined Western Mansion, Scarlet Devil Mansion
Forum rules
The river that flows down the Youkai Mountain drains into this lake. The poor visibility over the lake and the surrounding forests makes it appear to be very large, although one can easily walk around it. It is inhabited by behemothic fish.

Located on a ridge near the lake is the Scarlet Devil Mansion. A grand building of European styling, with few windows, an extensive basement, and an interior warped and enlarged through magical means. The clock tower houses a turret clock that only tolls at night.

Also nearby is the former Prismriver mansion. Once the home of the aristocratic Prismriver family, it now lies ruined and forgotten save by the three poltergeist sisters that remain.

Re: [Halloween Party] All Hallow's Eve

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 30 Mar 2013 03:21

Sakuya sighed inwardly at the one's refusal to fully dismiss the smaller copies. Still, at least there wasn't an army of them stamping about. That didn't change the fact that, several extra oni mouthes would mean the alcohol would dry up more quickly than she would like… Though She supposed it couldn't be helped. The maid had at least ensured that there was sufficient alcohol to keep even Suika content for a good portion of the night.

A loud crash attracted the silver haired woman's attention. Caught off guard, the maid turned quickly, one hand moving reflexively to her garter and the knives hidden therein. Flandre laughing, and a broken window… She took a deep breath, her first impulse to give blame the younger sister, but something seemed off. Kurumi was now absent from the party. The maid put two and two together, deciding to let this little bit of destruction slide. Regardless of whether Flandre had thrown Kurumi out or spooked her out, the lack of a rival vampire would allow the party to continue more smoothly.

Taking another slow breath, the maid turned and, once more, flickered, retrieving a large plate of food. She, again, began making her rounds, checking on the food, drink, and guests, time aiding her as she moved. After she was sure everything was in order she appeared by Remilia's side, offering her a glass of champaign.

"Again I must applaud you M'lady. This really was the perfect occasion to throw a party."

(Please note that the first event will start soonish. Please keep this in mind as you continue your conversations. This is also the last call for anyone to join.)
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 26 Apr 2013 20:17

All in all, the evening was turning out to be just as Remilia had hoped. The guests had slowly trickled in but now she had a household full of faces she recognized. They had all came to celebrate this particular evening with the vampire's household and that was enough to put a smile on her face. A successful party generally did. Aside from a broken window, everything was going just perfectly for the devil turned angel.

While it had been Flandre that had scared the lesser vampire into jumping through the window, Remilia had no intention of seeing her younger sister punished for it. She couldn't be blamed for Kurumi's foolishness after all. She had merely told a little story, one in the spirit of the day even. How could Remilia hold it against her for making her party that much more authentic? And now she had something else to tease the girl about. It was as if her little sister had given her a gift. A little bit of broken glass was not too high of a price to pay for that.

"Oh yes, do tell us." She addresses Komachi and her offer to share some somewhat morbid stories of death rituals and those that practiced them. "I am sure you more then anyone would know some rather interesting stories about such things, I would not turn away such a rare occasion as to get to hear from them firsthand." She didn't find anything to fear about the woman, despite her status as Gensokyo's literal grim reaper. That is, of course, because she had no fear of death. The stories she would hear would be ones that could never really have an impact on her life. But that is part of why she was so interested. She takes the time to answer Sakuya before the woman can begin her story though. "Of course. No finer day could possibly be picked for this sort of social gathering."
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 04 May 2013 20:45

Komachi smiled and nodded at the vampire. “Very well. Although I'm not sure if you can call my recounting of them first hand.”

She raised her hand and a small spirit flickered into existence. The soul floated soundlessly above her hand emitting a soft light in the darkened room. “You see, most of what I know, has come form other shinigami. Well, more accurately other death gods. Every culture has it's own mythos about death. Some mortals believe that they're shaped by the culture. This is untrue.”

She raised her other hand, bringing forth another soundless soul. “You see, even though all incarnations of death appear different, we are all the same. We are all shinigami. At least that's what the culture of Japan has taken to calling us. The words 'Grim Reaper,' 'Shinigami,' and nearly any other clsification you can find about death. They are us. We are one in the same. Our individual forms and tastes are what have shaped each culture's idea of death, not the other way around.”

Both souls flicker back into nothingness over her palms, and she turned to look at Aya. “Take the crow for example. She wears the visage of Charon. His area of work is in the eastern part of Europe, mostly Greece and Rome.” She gave Remilia a sly glance, “I'm sure you know his legend, a cultured lady such as yourself. Though she did forget the beard.”

She turned back to the others, “Charon's duty is similar to my own. He ferries the souls of the damned over the River Styx. He takes them to the Netherworld where the languish under the rule of Hades, God of the Netherworld and Lord of the Dead.”

She raised her arms in a grand gesture, and spoke loudly enough for everyone in the hall to hear here. “Gather around all. Tonight you may learn what few of the living ever know!”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 12 May 2013 06:59

In a way, the concept was familiar to Remilia. Just as the 'shinigami' of the world shaped the concept of death, vampires shaped the concept of undeath. While they had eventually lost control as humanity decided that fiction was indeed stranger then fact, Remilia and vampires like her had shaped countless legends across the globe. There was more then one town that had legends she had personally inspired. While it was not exactly the same concept, it was close enough to let the Scarlet 'Angel' feel as if she knew what was running through Komachi's head.

She seems unimpressed to see the souls summoned forth, though it is a testament to what the woman was capable of. Sometimes it was easy to forget she had as important a duty as she did. Komachi so often seemed laid back that it was odd to think of her as a serious person. She seemed to know what she was talking about, though. It was Remilia's party, but she wouldn't stop the woman from showing off a little, particularly after she had asked her to do so. "I must admit that I did not spend a great deal of time in those areas of the world, but I am familiar with the stories regardless. I've no idea if they are based on truth, however. I suppose it is possible. As hard as it is to imagine, there are things even I do not know." Ever the humble one, that Remilia. "But enough interruptions. This is your story, feel free to tell it."
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Youmu Konpaku » 31 May 2013 15:06

The little girl in the princess costume twitches slightly at the sudden appearance of Sakuya, but recognizes the vampire's maid quickly enough to not also add a startled yelp. She really loves using her ability like that a lot. I should try to stop getting startled by it so much.

The young half ghost closes her eyes for a moment and turns her attention back on the conversation. Komachi can tell nice stories in her friendly manner, but sometimes they are a bit creepy. Probably because of her occupation. And this party is supposed to be about creepy and spooky things, isn't it? She'll just have to be brave and endure it then.

Komachi's glowing little spirit draws her attention and Youmu gazes up at it, while she listens to the shinigami's words. She didn't know that other cultures have different death gods. Well, it makes sense what her friend says. A death god being changed by beliefs would be silly. They are persons after all. The little gardener gives Komachi a glance. They thought that Komachi would let herself be shaped by the opinions of others seems ludicrous enough to make her smile a little. The shinigami would be much more likely to make that culture accept her as is, no matter what they wanted her to be like.

Who is Charon? Youmu also does not know too much about these regions, mentioned. Or are they countries? That Netherworld is probably a different one too, although there was definitely enough room for different places in it she has never heard of. Maybe she can ask Yuyuko-sama about it sometime.

Storytime! Even though it is a scary topic, so close to spooking her out, the little girl wants to hear Komachi's tale and steps a little closer to listen. The young half ghost is a little startled to realize that she has raised her hand and is about to grasp for Komachi's, a subconscious action from a different time, when she had someone that told her stories every day. Youmu quickly drops her hand again and clutches her princess dress tightly, scrunching up the fabric a little. Bowing her head she takes a deep breath, then looks up again with determination.

Komachi is not her grandfather, but she will do her best to enjoy the story. Even if it is about scary things.
Youmu Konpaku
Main Character

Previous

Return to Misty Lake