[Halloween Party] All Hallow's Eve

Locations of interest: Ruined Western Mansion, Scarlet Devil Mansion
Forum rules
The river that flows down the Youkai Mountain drains into this lake. The poor visibility over the lake and the surrounding forests makes it appear to be very large, although one can easily walk around it. It is inhabited by behemothic fish.

Located on a ridge near the lake is the Scarlet Devil Mansion. A grand building of European styling, with few windows, an extensive basement, and an interior warped and enlarged through magical means. The clock tower houses a turret clock that only tolls at night.

Also nearby is the former Prismriver mansion. Once the home of the aristocratic Prismriver family, it now lies ruined and forgotten save by the three poltergeist sisters that remain.

[Halloween Party] All Hallow's Eve

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 27 Oct 2012 20:45

Around Gensokyo, the following invitation has been distributed among most major population centers, youkai or otherwise. No place seems to have been missed, with the fancy flowing handwriting printed in the shape of a crimson bat.

All Hallow's Eve

In the outside world, it is a day which has had many meanings over humanity's history. To
some, it was merely a celebrating of the arrival of winter. Others saw fit to offer sacrifices to
false gods for petty reasons. In the current day, it is a celebration of the mystical. It is this last
meaning which is important. On All Hallow's Eve, the thirty first day of this month, the Scarlet Devil
mansion shall be celebrating this day and we do not wish to do so alone. The gates of the mansion shall be
open to those who dare celebrate this day with the Scarlet Devil. If you are reading this, you are invited to join us. Come if you've the courage. We probably won't sacrifice you. Probably.

Below this there is a small set of instructions, stating the time that the party is scheduled to begin, and the one important rule. Everyone has to come in costume. Those without costumes don't get in! While this message was circulating around the countryside, the Scarlet Devil Mansion was a beehive of activity with preparations for the influx of guests they would likely be getting before long. There had never been a time when an open invitation had not resulted in a large gathering and Remilia did not expect this to be any different. Days passed by quickly as the mansion's servants prepared large quantities of sweets for the Scarlet Devil's guests. There would be normal food available as well, but on Halloween, it was the candy that everyone came for and candy they would have. All made from scratch, but all made with such quality that no one would be able to complain. The mansion was coated in illusion to make it appear as if it were abandoned. Magic was much easier to manage then covering the entire thing with actual fake cobwebs, boarding up windows for real, and the like. Finally, the day of the event came and it was time for the final touch. Standing atop the clock tower, Remilia invoked a spell that she had only used once since coming to Gensokyo. From her hands flew scarlet mist. This mist was not intended to cover the entire land, however. She was not breaking her words. It extended to just barely past the shores of the lake, and was not so thick that one could not see through it. It was there to add ambiance, not defeat the sun. With that in place, the vampire made her way to her room to put on her own costume.

Waiting near the entrance to the mansion was an angel. An angel named Remilia. Finding the thought of dressing in this particular outfit to be particularly amusing considering her reputation as a 'devil', the vampire was currently wearing a flowering white robe. Her wings were coated in illusion, having the look of white-feathered angelic ones. Her feet were covered by sandals instead of normal shoes, and over her head was a halo. Despite her outfit, though, it was obviously Remilia. She stood, arms crossed, and with a smile, spoke. "It is time. Open the gates."
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Re: All Hallow's Eve

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 27 Oct 2012 21:35

Sakuya had been surprised when Remilia told her of the event. A costume party? In a haunted mansion? The idea was... Intriguing. It had been quite a long time since the mansion had hosted a proper event, and even longer since the last time the grand hall was filled with guests. Even if this wasn't a party of status, it was still a party.

The sweets were the easy part. The fairies she had working in the kitchen were the cream of the crop. The best in the mansion. She had carefully picked and trained each one to do a job and do it well. They were still fairies though and therefore easily distracted and tired. She was careful to pace them, making the more complex treats herself. She had a lot of time to do so as well, only bothering to clean her own, Remilia, and Flandre's rooms. Several layers of dust would add to atmosphere.

A fact that pained the maid greatly.

She had hand crafted Remilia's outfit the evening before, ensuring that it fit well, and making doubly sure it was comfortable, despite the fact it was far more elaborate than her usual outfit. So much time had been taken on this costume she had neglected making one for herself. Not that it was a huge deal, she thought. She was only a servant after all. She would still have to look the part.

Throwing open her wardrobe, the human selected an outfit she had not worn in a very long time. A very formal maid outfit. The navy-blue, almost black, skirt was a bit stiff, edged with a translucent frill with a matching vest edged in white held by a silver latch. It was worn over a formal white silk shirt with buckled sleeves. She finished the presentation with an apron edged in lace, with a matching headdress, letting the ties flutter down behind her, the one for the dress cut to look like Remilia's own wings. She finished the outfit with a scarlet ascot, replacing her green hair ribbons with ones of the same shade, sliding on her dress boots and knife garter last.

Tucking her watch into her pocket, she removed herself from time, appearing next to the vampire, bowing. "You look dazzling M'lady." She giving a small nod as she walked past, heading for the door, throwing it open.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Re: All Hallow's Eve

Postby Aya Shameimaru » 27 Oct 2012 22:13

Aya was in the middle of the human village looking for something to snack on when she had her late-night journalism work in order to make her papers when she noticed the flyer placed upon the walls of the buildings. Aya took only one look at the flyer before she sprang into the sky, heading home to prepare for what seemed like a fun event!

That was several minutes ago, and the tengu was now in the middle of flying towards the Scarlet Devil Mansion, dressed in her outfit for the party. A dark blue, almost midnight blue, robe encased her, the edges of the robe gilded gold color. All along the robe itself was intricate designs in silver thread, making eerie symbols along it. Forgoing the normal geta that she wore, Aya was wearing leather boots, black colored and slightly used looking. Strapped to her back was a large scythe. Not Komachi's, Aya doubted the shinigami would let her just take such a weapon. Instead, it was a wooden thing, made of a light material with no edge to it, just enough to give her more of an ominous presence. Over her face was a hinged mask shaped to look like a skull, hinged so that she could be able to actually speak clearly and partake in the most-probably delicious foods being served.

With the SDM in view, Aya dove from the sky landing with a thump of her boots in front of the gate as she stares up at the haunted mansion design. Already her camera (for where would she be without it?) is in her hands, taking pictures of the mansion and surroundings, enjoying the scary sights. Looking down at the gate, the tengu approaches the two who were there. "Ah, Sakuya and Remilia! Nice haunted feel you've got going here." she said, taking a picture of the two residents as she walked forwards, a grin tugging at her lips at the irony of the "devil of SDM" going as an angel.
Aya Shameimaru
Main Character

Re: [Halloween Party] All Hallow's Eve

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 28 Oct 2012 00:34

It comes as absolutely no surprise that the tengu was the first to arrive. The 'angel' had considered simply informing her personally, using her paper to get the word out about the celebration, but had instead opted to let her be as surprised as the rest of Gensokyo. It seemed her choice of costume was a little more sinister then Remilia's own. The outfit was cutesy, but for some reason she had one of her hands behind her back. "Welcome to the Scarlet Angel Mansion." She wears an amused smile on her face at the little pun. No one would mistake her for a real angel, no matter how much she dressed as one.

"It may perhaps not be entirely authentic. I didn't acquire any actual ghosts to give it a real haunted affect. But perhaps some will show of their own accord. The invites did go all around the countryside. We shall see, in time, I suppose. For now, it looks like you are our first guest. A 'scoop' of sorts, you get to be the first one see the interior, and of course get first chance at all our treats." She is silent a moment, observing the tengu. "Interesting outfit."

She turns towards the front door proper, but first puts her attention on Sakuya, a mischievous little grin on her face. "Oh, but there is one thing first. It seems my maid has forgotten the rules. Costumes for everyone. Fortunately, I have thought of this." The hand she'd been holding behind her back reveals its secrets as she reaches up and plops a headband with a pair of fake cat ears on Sakuya's head. "Now, you are a cat maid. You are not required to meow, but don't take them off! Its your costume now."

With the front door opened, it seems the interior matches the exterior. The hallway leading into the mansion proper is not as filthy as it looks, much of it was illusionary like the exterior was. Remilia would not tolerate a filthy mansion under normal circumstances, so naturally she wouldn't let it get so bad as to look abandoned. It was true that she had given Sakuya an order to leave the 'public' rooms alone the last few days, but that had been as much to give her time to work on snacks then anything else. "This is the first time I have personally held a party that was not formal. It is something new to me, but I think it will go over well." Her ball room was decorated in the same style as the rest of the house, with one exception. In the center of the room was a massive carved pumpkin, with two visible 'fangs' being the focal point of the decoration. It is lit from within, but it does not seem to be by fire. Surrounding it are tables filled with the results of Sakuya and her hand-picked maids efforts. All manner of deliciousness awaited. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I imagine there will be more guests before long. I must be off to meet with them." It would be a sad occasion indeed if she had only one guest!
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 28 Oct 2012 01:37

The maid bowed deeply as the tengu entered It was a good costume. From the design to the prop. Simple and efficient. The maid just about to compliment the tengu when Remilia's voice caught her off guard, tensing a little, risking a single glance at her mistress.

"It seems my maid has forgotten the rules. Costumes for everyone"

She had been hoping the unusual uniform was enough. It was rare that she was actually expected to participate in a party's events... Then again, this was no usual party.

The human half turned, opening her mouth to apologize when she felt something placed upon the crown of her head. Stunned the maid reached up to touch-

"Now, you are a cat maid. You are not required to meow, but don't take them off! Its your costume now."

Sakuya stared in stunned silence for a moment before bowing her head, her cheeks prickling a little, though she was smiling. "I suppose I deserve this, M'lady." She straightened up, readjusting the ears so her hair and headdress hid the band.

She nearly forgot! She pulled out her watch as Remilia spoke, twisting time and space some in the entryway, projecting time's void throughout the entryway. She would not be able to keep it up all night, but it would be a nice shock to the arriving guests. As the vampire finished speaking the maid gestured for the tengu to follow her, boots echoing dully on the polished stone as she led the first guest into the grand ballroom. "Please. Help yourself to whatever you please. If you require anything, merely call my name and I will come." Bowing deeply, the maid vanished, leaving Aya to herself.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 28 Oct 2012 02:56

The Guardian of the Scarlet Devil Mansion approached with her arms overflowing with groceries. She was quite the sight, though few could make out what exactly she was supposed to be in the darkness of the night. A flash of blue here, a shimmering of golden thread there. And those protrusions! Yet all she was concerned with was with perfectly balancing both grocery bags on her palms, as encumbered as they were. She'd reach the grand steps of the mansion in a few easy strides, her mood as cheerful as always. Meiling would do quite the balancing act to open the door without any hands free, and yet managed it without dropping a single thing!

It was in the full view of the main hall that one could see her costume more clearly: a blue dress not unlike the one she usually wore, threaded through with golden designs of exceptional intricacy. And yet, there the resemblance to her daily wear ended. Upon her head she wore instead of a beret, an open-mouthed mask that resembled a dragon at first glance. It had wicked horns that drew straight back from her head, colored in golden paint. The 'nose' of the mask had long whispers of what looked like a mustache, drawing away from her face. Likely made out of pipe cleaner or something similar, and it made her look either quite wizened or exceptionally goofy. Her dress also had a scale pattern sewn into it, making her look like she was a fish or a reptile, her hands covered in gloves of a similar material. She had a mess of feathers sprouting from her behind, a gold colored bunch that was restrained to resemble the tuft of a horse's tail. To bring home the effect, she wore clumsy looking high heels that resembled golden hooves, which only someone as dextrous as her could likely pull off with all those groceries. She might neglect to mention just how often she'd fallen on the way home all the same...

"I'm HOOOOOOME, Milady!" She'd cry out at the top of her lungs, as was her wont. Even Sakuya couldn't seem to restrain her boundless energy sometimes. She'd worked on the costume in secret all week, recruiting maids who were not otherwise busy to help her sew it. A skill she herself lacked in much practice, but through sheer determination had managed somehow.
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Postby Lyrica Prismriver » 28 Oct 2012 21:54

It was a few nights prior to the party, while wandering the village sans-instrument, that Lyrica happened upon one of the fliers giving the open invitation to the SDM's Halloween Party. She found herself rather intrigued by the concept, and decided that she would bring the flier home with her to show her sisters. After all, every performance opportunity is a welcome one! She would have figured out her costume a bit back, and would have purchased the required elements from Kourindou; early 19th century, high-class Polish garb would be all but impossible to figure out otherwise in Gensokyo. She would leave it up to her sisters if they wanted to join her at the party, but in Lyrica's mind, this would be rather good PR, not just for the trio, but for herself as a pianist.

While her costume certainly wouldn't be the most elaborate, she decided, after discussion with a few individuals knowledgeable of the outside world, that her dressing as long-dead composer and pianist Franz Frederic Chopin would be quite fitting. She fusses with her bowtie as she approaches the Mansion's gates, favourite keyboard floating lazily behind her as she walks. She's never dressed quite like this before, but it's an interesting opportunity for sure, the idea of playing in costume, perhaps themed music as well? Seeing the mansion in the state it's in, made to look almost abandoned, makes her smile quite a bit. Approaching the gate, she bows formally to the Scarlet 'Angel', another fun oddity, and says "Lady Scarlet, you and yours have put forth quite the delightful effort tonight, if I do say so myself. The mansion looks quite homey." she smiles as she compares the mansion's current state to her own home, a rather abandoned mansion of its own accord. "I hope I'm not too overdressed?" she asks jokingly, allowing herself to straighten.
Lyrica Prismriver
Free Character

Postby Lunasa Prismriver » 29 Oct 2012 15:15

Not far behind her sister, Lunasa had also heard of the party that the Scarlet Devil was throwing, mostly through the various preparations her sister had gone about. It was kinda hard to miss Lyrica when she was dressed so posh, after all. Plus, this sounded like it could be a lot of fun, and she could provide appropriate atmospheric music. Dour and haunted was her specialty.

Playing her violin all the way up to the gates, Lunasa was wearing a costume that was a bit simpler than her sister's was. With a stereotypical bolt through her head and a couple of bandages across her face, along with false stitches through her clothes, she was your typical Frankenstein. The bandages made it a bit hard to see since they covered one of her eyes, but she didn't need much depth perception to get to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Arriving at the gates, she gave a small bow to the 'angel' Remilia, finding the costume a good concept. "I see you're having fun already. I hope that I'm not too late." She spotted Lyrica and rolled her eyes a little, twisting the fake screw in her head for emphasis. "I haven't seen you so dressed up in a long time." I wonder how many people will actually know what you're dressed up as. Ah, that's half the fun though. She gave her violin a few commands, and it started to play an eerie tune that echoed throughout the grounds.
Lunasa Prismriver
Free Character

Postby Kurumi » 29 Oct 2012 22:39

Ah a party! At the Scarlet Devil Mansion even!

It wasn't difficult for the Vampire Girl to decide what she was going to arrive as, and it's very obvious (to westerners, at least) that she's a queen. And not just any queen, Kurumi is a dark queen, adorn in plenty of frills, lace, and ruffles, with a high collar-dress, poofy shoulders and pure black in color. Except for the crown, of course.

She's not far behind the Prismriver Sisters, and she's quite pleased to see the musicians. Maybe that means there will be some sort of singing competition tonight? Well even if there isn't, she intends to sing a song at some point and that should be something for her to look forward to!

"Here ye, here ye! I, Kurumi, Vampire Queen of everything hath arrived!" she declares with a broad smile, back of her hand raised to her lips, "Ah ah ahhhhh!"
Kurumi's Journal <------------------------> Kurumi's Spell Cards
Kurumi's path to vampire nobility
a journey of a petite bourgeoisie
and her struggles in class mobility
- <Tewi>
Kurumi
Free Character

Postby Sunny Milk » 30 Oct 2012 16:12

Sunny had managed to scrounge up one of the invitations for the party, it having caught her eye with the majestic designs. Taking it home, she read it to her sisters. Well, most of it. That was a lot of reading for one fairy! Yet once they finished there was a great deal of excitement in their home and a little tussle over who would have the best costume. There was one thing Sunny was looking forward to more than anything else and that was the opportunity to stuff her face was free candy! She recalled last year's Christmas party at the mansion and how good the food was then. This time it was bound to be even better!

"Huhuhu~", she had chuckled as she put on the same Viking-cum-opera singer outfit she used for Mystia's singing competition; her hair put up in two adorable braids. It certainly was helpful to already have a costume before setting out ahead of her sisters. They could catch up to her. Sunny was intent upon the sweets!

It never took very long to get anywhere in Gensokyo so by the time Sunny landed on the shores of the mansion's little island she knew she had to be quick. Her headstart wouldn't last forever! As soon as she entered the mist she was struck by a coughing fit breathing in the thick miasma.

"A-ack! Ack! Bleh, what is this? It smells like poops...", Sunny commented as she approached the doorway where she noticed the other guests assembled. Even that dumb vampire Kurumi was here! She paused one more time and took note of her surroundings. The mansion sure looked like a piece of crap tonight and she made that very clear when she saw Sakuya at the gate.

"Hi Miss Maid! You sure have been slacking off. This place looks like a piece of crap! But...it really sets the mood, eh?", an innocent giggle as she moved from guest to guest, poking and prodding at their individual outfits. "Ooo, is that a real bolt through your neck? That must hurt...Ah, you look really pretty Miss Vampire!", a tug at her feathery wings. "Uuu~ You got something coming out of your butt, Miss Meiling!", another tug on Meiling's fluffy tail before she decided to dash right in toward the dining room. If she recalled correctly she may very well be the first guest to get there and therefore have first choice of candy! Wahoo!
Sunny Milk
Main Character

Postby Mima » 31 Oct 2012 02:04

Hmmm, a party? Well, last year, really, it had just been poking some fun at the gate guard before wandering off; maybe this decision was driven by a couple...dozen...drinks of sake she'd had beforehand. Well, she thought she'd done that.

This time, though, the evil spirit wanted to go inside. Especially since the whole thing looked so much more intricate and laid-out. The food and sake was probably going to be better, too.

A moment later, Mima was striding towards the party, with a grin. Her crescent-tipped staff now had an additional decoration; the white paper streamers twisting down from it were a clear mimicry of a shrine maiden's gohei, if the costume itself wasn't enough indication. A red, full-body apron connecting down into hakama, with a pair of openings at chest and thigh, and with modesty preserved by some black undergarment. Add on the fact that Mima's hair had (Totally not due to - alrigh,t completely due to magic) turned black, she looked like she could be a relation of the Hakurei Shrine Maiden.

Even if the Hakurei Shrine Maiden probably wouldn't have used a skull as a brooch, or decorated her hair-bow with bones. "This much of a costume is fine, isn't it?" The spirit remarked, grinning. "Thought about doin' something related to that judge, but the staff's the wrong size for it." A couple of various youkai and spirits seemed to have beaten her here - as well as one of those fairies (Probably a maid), but, the party still looked pretty quiet to Mima.
Mima
Main Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 01 Nov 2012 01:19

Meiling was mortified when her tail was tugged unceremoniously, causing her to dump half the groceries on the floor. She'd frantically begin picking them all back up, as fast as she could. There was no way in Makai she would let Lady Remilia see such an undignified display on the night of her grand party! She was of half a mind to lay out the pest who'd done it, recognizing Sunny's obnoxious voice quickly. But alas, she was indeed in costume, and likely there would be no way for the gate guard to evict her without a more blatant provocation. She'd sigh, hefting the groceries and carrying them to the kitchen. Candies, sweets, various drinks. More alcohol.

The maids were quite busy tonight, as the guests were clamoring and entering in a steady stream. It seemed the party was already a success, and yet the angelic host herself was scarce. Perhaps she was in the foyer greeting guests? It would only be proper. And so, without any other particular duties to attend to just yet, Meiling would start helping herself to a bit of food. She ate fast, and with luck no trouble would erupt that would require her presence. She glanced around, wondering where Sakuya had gotten to. No doubt shadowing Remilia's every step! As she should, thought Meiling. With all these fairies and ghosts and who knew what else showing up, there was sure to be something going wrong, at some point.

As long as I don't have to clean up all of it myself...
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Postby Momiji Inubashiri » 01 Nov 2012 04:56

"I really hope I'm not late," Momiji said to herself, soaring rapidly towards the Scarlet Devil Mansion. She had spent days stressing over what she would dress as. Finally, after going thorugh many, many failed ideas, Momiji had decided to dress as a witch. The white wolf tengu wore a tight fitting black dress that showed off her (less than impressive) figure and which bulged ever so slightly in the back due to Momiji's tail, which she was trying as hard as she could to keep down and still. Over this she wore a black cape that came down to her ankles. Instead of her traditional geta sandals, the tengu girl's wore pointy-toed leather boots. Held with one hand to her head was a tall, pointy, black hat which hid the wolf tengu's ears. Momiji's other hand tightly gripped the handle of a broom, which she couldn't currently be bothered to pretend to ride. A bit of makeup to make her seem paler and the costume was complete.

Finally the Scarlet Devil Mansion had come into view. Slowing down, Momiji sat sideways on her broom and continued flying towards the mansion, albeit much more slowly. Still, despite her relatively slow speed, the flight was relatively convincing. She decended to ground level at the gates and continued to float onward before dismounting right behind the group that had amassed near the entrance. Hunching over slightly for added effect, she shambled forward, making her way through the crowd. Suddenly coming to the realization that she really didn't recognize anyone here, Momiji froze and started shaking slighly, completely unsure of what to do next.
Momiji Inubashiri
Main Character

Postby Remilia Scarlet » 01 Nov 2012 21:19

Remilia must have just missed Meiling as she had returned. She was near the house's entrance, like a proper little angelic hostess, to greet her guests as they arrived. And it seemed that they were finally arriving in force. Each arrival is like a tiny little savior for the gate's 'dragon', making it less and less likely that Remilia was going to notice those dropped groceries. Surely she'd sneak around the corner at any second before the woman could get away....

But no, not this time. It seems that the little vampire is kept distracted enough to not suddenly appear and berate the poor woman for her foolishness. You can thank the guests later, Meiling! And what an interesting assortment have made their way into her home this evening. Lyrica is the second guest to arrive, her outfit drawing an amused smile from the vampire. "Overdressed? I cannot place exactly what your outfit is, but it looks somewhat familiar. I certainly cannot complain about you coming without a costume, that is for sure." Remilia is a lady of culture and perhaps one of the only ones in Gensokyo other then Lyrica herself who might actually be able to recognize Chopin's music. "Most of what you are seeing is illusionary I am afraid. I thought it would add an interesting setting for the evening. I am pleased you like it. Down the hall through the large double doors you may find the ballroom. Please help yourself to whatever you like. If we run out, we'll simply make more. I would escort your personally, but I must see to the other guests."

And it isn't long before more arrive. A second of the Prismriver sisters makes her appearance, and Remilia is there to greet her just as she had the first. "Ah, your sister just arrived a few moments ago." She had little interaction with the ghostly girls in the past, but she made it a habit to know as many names and faces as possible, even ones that didn't fit her definition of 'important'. "And you brought your instrument as well. I would be most happy if the two of you would play a little for me. I could provide the piano if necessary. They are a bit less mobile then violins, after all." She smiles. "But you are my guests, and I won't be offended if you wish to just enjoy yourselves."

The next to show her face is a certain fairy. One that seems to think that she gets away with sneaking into the mansion in a maid outfit. Remilia does not recognize the face of all of her servants. If they aren't named Meiling or Sakuya, chances are she doesn't remember them at all. But she does know when someone is out of place. Still, she had never called the girl out on it. Sunny did little harm and she provided amusement to the vampire, so it was more fun to just let her go about her business. The wing, when tugged on, even felt feathery. The spell she had cast for this occasion even thought of that. "Ah, well, that was the point. You look....unique yourself." This is one of the only times tugging on Remilia's wing wouldn't make you suffer mightily Sunny, enjoy it while you can!

Mima's outfit actually has Remilia confused when she sees the spirit approaching from a distance. She is all prepared to greet Reimu, and also be forced to turn her away for not coming in costume. Those were the rules, and not even the Hakurei miko was immune to them! If she wanted free things, she'd at least need a Sakuya-style costume. However, once she got closer, Remilia can tell she was mistaken. Thankfully she made that discovery before embarrassing herself. "There's no problem with that outfit." She may not have had the best interactions with the spirit in the past, but she isn't turning anyone away. Besides, the catfish thing hadn't really bothered her that much. That was just amusing. It was the whole boiling away the lake thing that bugged her, but it hadn't proved that hard to fix. "I wonder what the miko will think when she sees it, assuming she's not too lazy to make a showing herself."

First there is miko Mima, now witch Momiji. She looks a lot less like Marisa then Mima did Reimu, so she doesn't make the same mistake she almost made a moment ago. "There's no reason to be shy. This a party. We're all here to have fun, so you should come and do so as well." She barely knows anything about the tengu girl. She can vaguely remember her name, but that is about it. That is hardly important though. What IS important is that she is a guest now, so she deserves as much respect as the ones the vampire-angel DOES know more about. "Don't just hang around back there. Come on and enjoy the party!"
Remilia Scarlet
Main Character

Postby Rin Kaenbyou » 01 Nov 2012 22:19

The small kasha clutched the invitation in her hands, drumming her fingers on the back of the card in anticipation. A proper invitation to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. This was a rare opportunity indeed. It required no small effort on the part of the sender for the invitation to reach them at the palace; it would be down right rude to decline, and a damn shame to miss. ‘Sides there was she’d always had wanted to see the mansion for herself, an perhaps she could convince Utusho to come and play along too. Though what to do about costumes. Orin mulled over a number of ghastly ideas, but they all seemed so commonplace in Old hell. She needed something exotic, something from far and away... and she knew just the perfect match.

She purred to herself softly as she delicately leafed through the book, lounging on one of the couches in her mistress’ study. The book was a reproduction of ancient book of the dead, depicting a series of elaborate funerary rites featuring all manner of youkai-esque creatures accompanied by spells encoded in glyphs. She found the pages she was looking for, featuring a godess with wings and a miniature sun resting on a pair of horns, along with a lioness-headed youkai dressed in a long flowing robe of red and gold, at least from the waist down. That would hafta be changed, there wasn’t a chance in Ol’ Hell she walk aroun’ like that. Some of the foreign youkai were so strange. Now to work~! There might have been scarcely any time to prepare for the gala, but it was surprising how helpful a personal cadre of fairies can be. In no time she was putting the final touches on her costume. She’d even made something for Okuu, though she hadn’t spoken to the hellraven about all the details just yet.

The kasha made a graceful descent through the red mists, landing a fair distance from the gates and making a good effort of not just hurtling forward in a blaze. The long linen dress she wore covered her from the shoulders down to the ankle, featuring broad open sleeves that ended at the elbow, and was cinched at the waist with a braided cord that tied in the front. The cloth had been dyed on a gradient, starting with a light yellow-orange at the top that darkened into a rich blood red about the knees, with a golden trim around the ends of the sleeves and the hemline of the dress. Around her neck was an ornamental choker of gold, matched by a pair of armlets. The “crowning” detail was the golden-coloured tiara fashioned in the shape of a bird with the wings mantling her head, the wing tips descending straight down on both sides. The wings of the headdress allowed free movement of her large coal black ears and featured rows of stylized feathers that framed her face. She made a point to conceal her human ears as much as possible under the crown and her fiery red locks of hair. She had let her hair down, and had applied a fair amount of make up around her eyes, as well as to make her face appear a touch more feline.

‘alright, Orin, just nice’n’slow... take it easy, it ain’t a race.’ clearing the mist, the kasha paused a moment to take in the grandeur of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, breaking her stride. Everything looked so inviting, and the alluring scent of sweets and delectables was heavy upon the air. And waiting right by the entrance was an angel and a... cat maid. Rin would have to compliment her hostess on her wicked humour. The kasha walked towards the gate, feelin’ a strange sense of dread as she passed through the time distortion, though as quickly as it had set upon it, it passed.

“You must be the Lady Vamp~! Ah, beg your pardon,” the kasha made a polite curtsey towards the “angel,” flashing a broad smile “My name's Rin Kaenbyou, but you may call me Orin, Ms. Scarlet. It's a pleasure to meet ya, and thank ya for the invitation. Utsuho may be comin’ along too, though with her sense of directions, nyahahaa.. she might be a bit... I coulda sworn she was right behind me a minute or so ago...”
Rin Kaenbyou
Main Character

Next

Return to Misty Lake