[Open] To meet her Sister

Archive for threads set in the Misty Lake.
Forum rules
To reopen archived threads, contact a forum moderator.

[Open] To meet her Sister

Postby Sara » 03 Sep 2010 04:31

Sara ran through the woods of the Magical forest at full speed, dodging trees and rocks as she went... She was dirty, she was panting... She was excited! She had learned recently that she had a new sister, long lost to Sara! She got to the edge of a large lake, seeing in the middle, a large house. She stared in awe at the mansion of the Scarlet Devil, her little heart beating rapidly to keep the little demon's body oxidized.

"There she is..." Sara breathed. "I'm sure of it. I'm sure, I'm sure!!" She looked to the water... And frowned... Unlike many of her sisters, Sara could not fly... In fact, even though she was incredibly full of magic, she only had an inkling of an idea of how to use it properly. Flying wasn't even a thought in the back of the little demon's head until it came to tasks like this. Without hesitation, Sara removed many of her clothes, her cloak, her boots, her pants, and her socks, leaving her in nothing but an old shirt. She waded into the cool waters of the lake... And began to swim...

The trek across the water was long... But Sara's determination overstepped her tired muscles, the young demon completely unafraid for her own safety as she swam and swam... Finally, after nearly an hour of non-stop swimming, Sara finally waded to the shore of the Scarlet Mansion's island... And flopped onto the sand, face-first, panting in a pitiful way...

Okay. Flying lessons? Definitely. Okaa-san... Why couldn't you have given birth to me with wings? She lamented as she laid face-down in the sand, letting her muscles rest... Come to think of it, why didn't this place have a bridge? How anti-social!!
Sara
Free Character

Re: [Open] To meet her Sister

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 06 Sep 2010 23:17

It was another quiet day at the Scarlet Mansion. The chores had been completed rather quickly, and Mistress was still sleeping soundly. With the spot of free time she had, Sakuya found herself readily tending to the garden, having given the maid's whose duty it was the remainder of the day off. After having gotten through the first half of the garden's pruning and watering, Sakuya felt that perhaps it would be time for a nice cool pitcher of sweet iced tea, something she had become quite fond of, as of late. She had an inkling that it might have been related to the tea that Meiling had shared with her a few days previously, but wasn't entirely sure.

Of course, having thought of that nice event, it might be a nice time to ask Meiling to join her for tea. Perhaps she would set up a small table near the gate for the both of them to share. Pleased with this thought, Sakuya quickly strode to the guard's post.
"Meiling? I think I shall be brewing a pitcher of sweet iced tea. Would you care to join me? I thought I might set up a small picnic lunch here as well."
A quick pleasurable flutter went off in Sakuya's chest, rather pleased that she had come up with that little improvisation on the spot.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 11 Sep 2010 01:36

She was resting along the brick pillars of the gate, her feet lazily kicking back and forth in time. Each kick left the small slap of her heel on brick, but Meiling continued on idly, too lost in watching the sky, and the clouds, and how the tiny blades of grass outside the mansion seemed to stir and dance in the summer winds.

“Wha-- Oh!” She turned to face Sakuya. Red hair spilled over Meiling’s shoulder as she smiled down with her wide, toothy grin. “Hey-- Yea! That sounds great.” She had shifted her weight, pulling up a leg to rest her foot on the top of the gate and resting her bent arm upon that for comfort. “If you have the time and all-- I mean--” She would have continued on, but Meiling finally bit back her words to rush out a quick, “I’d love lunch!”

It was easier to just be honest around Sakuya, rather than beat around the bush trying to be polite. This was a habit that was hard to learn. It was beneficial though; between calling Sakuya by her name and this newfound honestly, it was getting easier and easier to see Sakuya for who she was, rather than just as her fastidious boss.

[[SARA COME TO THE MANSION QUICK! Chinese Gate Guard is an idiot.]]
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Postby Sara » 27 Sep 2010 15:12

Sara had had enough... She was breathing normally now... She got up, dusting sand from her shirt and legs, then looked up to the wall ahead of her. Not one to shrug off a challenge, Sara grinned and looked up... There... The twentieth brick up, there was one improperly placed.

Sara got a running start, slamming hard into the wall, shaking dust off the other side... And the brick -flew- across the courtyard as her hand occupied its resting place for untold years. Sara struggled to pull herself up... But eventually, she was able to get her leg over the wall.

Eager to get down, she jumped and landed on her feet on the grass of the courtyard, using a hand to support her fall... ... and falling the direct opposite way. Once more, she picked herself up and saw Sakuya and Meiling.

"Hoi!" She called out. "I'm looking for a demon! Have you seen her??" Normally one would be more tactful when meeting strangers. One might think of putting on something to cover up one's sensitive lower half, but Sara thought of no such thing.
Sara
Free Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 29 Sep 2010 21:32

She felt the thud mere milliseconds before she saw the brick whoosh through the courtyard and crash through a rose bush before landing dully in the mulched garden bed below. She was plastered on that brick, following its path with rapt, focused attention. It landed. There were no explosions. No nothing-- It really was just a brick. Meiling almost got whiplash from how fast her head snapped to the wall where the brick had been previously living. An intruder-- and in front of Sakuya no less! If there was ever a time for her to do her job, now was that time! She quickly tensed up, pulling her legs up onto the top of the wall and standing on it. From her new height, she could clearly see a child pulling her way up along the wall.

… A child? What was she supposed to do? She couldn’t push a kid off of the wall; it wasn’t a short wall by any stretch of the word, and if she fell it would hurt really bad-- probably break some bones if the girl was a human but…

She watched as the girl mounted the wall, and as she opened her mouth to speak, the small child careened off of it, as if Meiling’s ‘Worst Case Scenario’ had been brought to life. She almost jumped after her to save her, but Meiling’s self restraint held her back for a second-- was it really okay to save an intruder in front of Sakuya? That hesitation was enough to make it too late for Meiling to catch the girl.

Luckily for her, it didn’t seem like the pink-haired intuder had been hurt by the fall. So… She wasn’t human then? Meiling had to go on guard, and soon.

“A demon?” She asked, her voice inflected with confusion and irritation that she had to do her job instead of feasting on a delicious home-made lunch. “You know where you are, right?” A demon! There were too many in that mansion! How was she even supposed to know what one that this girl meant?

Meiling jumped down, her red hair flowing behind her as she landed between Sakuya and the intruder-- more so to protect the child from the maid than to protect her boss from an intruder. “You can’t just burst in here! There are rules. You need an appointment!”
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 01 Oct 2010 06:23

Sakuya had heard the thump sound as well, and was indeed quite prepared for a mid-day skirmish, though she felt that she would allow Meiling the chance to take care of the intrusion. To be perfectly honest, it was quite easy for her to let Meiling do her job, rather than unnecessarily stepping in.
This is not to say, of course, that Sakuya was in any way NOT prepared to fight if necessary. Any other person would have immediately let their guard down upon the sight of the mere child, however, Sakuya had an acute understanding of the potential for one's power to be inversely related to their apparent age.

"A demon, you say... And a female demon at that? Why... I believe I have. Yes. You can't walk a single step without running into five." Sakuya's face was completely straight, and her voice absolutely dry, despite her blatant attempt at sarcasm.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Sara » 04 Oct 2010 05:06

Rules? What are those? Can you eat them? Sara narrowed her eyes at Meiling... Then sighed, looking to the wall... "After I spent hours SWIMMING here? .... Fine... What's an appointment and who do I need to beat up to get one?" Sara was still learning... Her looks may not be an accurate representation of her age... But her mentality? You betcha.

She looked to Sakuya... "But... That's impossible! The only demons who are out of Makai right now are Alice, onee-chan, and myself." She pondered... She looked at the door of the mansion... "Are you -sure- I can't go look for my sister? it'll only take a minute. This place can't be too big."

After all, the girl had lived in a -mountain- for most of her life. Mountains were gigantic on the outside, but her cave was pretty small.
Sara
Free Character

Postby Koakuma » 04 Oct 2010 21:08

"Hmmm....really, why is retrieving Patchouli-sama's books so difficult. You would think that no one except Alice has any sense to realize that when you borrow something you will eventually have to return it. Ugh, and that Marisa is the worst...I swear, if I have to go by that house one more time I'll...huh...?"

Koakuma paused at the gates, looking around curiously. Meiling was not at her post. While it was fairly common for the gate guard to be napping or doing something completely inane and not really paying much attention to her duties it was actually exceedingly rare for her to not be at her post unless something truly was wrong.

"Well now..." both headwings flickered faintly as she heard said gate guards voice from inside as well as the head maids. "Ahh, haha. Well, that explains why she would not be on duty. Of course if Sakuya is out then Meiling must be needed for something. I wonder what it could be." she pushed the gate open herself and made her way inside, polite enough to not disrespect the entrance to the mansion by simply flying over it.

Of course, the sight she encountered once through was rather...unique.

"Eh...? Ehhhhh?" she flicked her eyes to the pink haired child looking at Meiling for all the world as if she were trying to pick a fight, then glanced between Meiling and Sakuya in confusion before looking back to the girl again. The half naked girl at that!

"Ummm....Quite a unique intruder today. It's not often to see a soaking wet, half naked little girl inside the mansion's walls. I imagine at the very least this will make a rather unique story amongst the many you have collected while guarding these walls, eh Meiling?" she didn't seem sarcastic at all, simply genuinely amused by the situation. Of course she hadn't the foggiest who the girl was and had not heard her speaking of Alice or Makai so thought it had nothing to do with herself.

"Ah...well, I won't tell you how to do you job of course but...Maybe finding her some pants or a skirt at least before things get much further would be good - I can't imagine anyone wants a near naked little girl running around the mansion." she laughed softly and shook her head a bit before making her way towards the entrance to the mansion. There was no need for her to stay here with both Meiling and Sakuya around to take care of the matter.

Lords, if they couldn't handle the little girl then really what use was Koa going to be in this situation after all!?
Koakuma
Free Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 05 Oct 2010 01:24

When Sakuya made her joke, the guard could not help but look back at her red-faced, her cheeks poking out in her attempts to smother the laughter that threatened so hard to get out. While Sakuya’s joke wasn’t all that witty, the face that Meiling saw when she turned around was more than enough to make the entire delivery hilarious. Was Sakuya really that stiff of a person…?

She focused her attention back to Sara, if only to hide her red-faced attempts at composure from Sakuya, who would no doubt be less-than-flattered at Meiling’s reaction to her joke. She tried to stare down the girl and look intimidating, but it was proving too much between the bottomless child and the newly-turned comedian maid. Any giggles in Meiling quickly subsided when she heard Sara’s challenge; her pride had been pricked, and as a result, she was none too pleased with the audacity of the little girl’s demands. Sara had transformed from a harmless little girl to an irritating brat in a matter of seconds flat.

“You think you can beat me, huh?” She cracked her knuckles, less in preparation to attack Sara as to try to intimidate her. “See, ‘cause no one gets in this Mansion for any reason unless the Mistress says so, and you don’t have an appointment, like I said--”

Meiling took a few steps towards Sara in preparation for kicking her out, but was promptly distracted by their little demon herself; fate had to be working its ways. She turned her head back, an irritated frown on her face from having so much get in the way of her doing her job properly in front of Sakuya.

“It’s not funny!” She replied defensively, as if Koakuma was trying to mock her with the notion of this ever becoming a worthwhile story. “And she doesn’t need a skirt! She’s not getting in the mansion!!” It was clear from her tone that Meiling was starting to get overwhelmed and defeated; there wasn’t much point to being an efficient, intimidating gate guard if everyone was going to come ruin the mood, after all.
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Postby Sara » 19 Oct 2010 13:34

Sara had a simple mind. Intimidation wasn't easy. Besides: She was a gate guard, herself; she slightly understood Meiling's predicament. At Meiling's challenge, Sara cracked her neck, "I can beat anyone, anyday, with one leg." Sara was pumping herself up for a fight, worn out as she was. Never. NEVER back down from a fight. It shows cowardice.

It was about the time that Sara saw the Little Devil. Red hair, almost a stark contrast to Sara's pink. The dark, bat-like wings, a far cry to her mother's work. The absolute beauty that beheld all of Shinki's creations... And of course, that fine, firm chest... A far cry to Shinki, herself!

Sara gave a gasp and bolted to Koakuma, "It's you! I t has to be you! There's no other!" She gave a jumping-hug toward Koakuma, "Onee-sama!~"
Sara
Free Character

Postby Sakuya Izayoi » 19 Oct 2010 23:52

Having simply been observing the odd creature until now, Sakuya was attempting to get a feel for the situation here, and a rough gauge of this one's supposed level of ability. Though her boasts were big, there was another pint-size that Sakuya could think of who boasted big, although THAT one wasn't nearly stupid enough to try to break into the Mansion...
Koa's sudden appearance only complicated the situation further. Though, surely she could handle herself in a fight, should this new face attempt an attack, undoubtedly Koakuma would be more of a liability in a fight than she would an asset. Furthermore, no doubt Patchouli would yell for days if she were to be damaged, or worse yet, if the fight should escalate to the library. No... Sakuya would simply motion for Koa's prompt departure from the area, that is... Until the creature made to pounce on the Devil herself.

Swift as her reputation, Sakuya moves sharply sideways, deflecting Sara off her proposed trajectory, and, in Sakuya's mind, saving Koa from what could have been a very sudden and untimely demise.
"I think not... Meiling. Please restrain her. Use all necessary force."

With so much uncertain, Sakuya was not going to take any chances.
Sakuya Izayoi
Main Character

Postby Koakuma » 21 Oct 2010 09:24

Koakuma really had no time to do much of anything at all with how quickly events transpired. The little girl who had indeed been acting with quite a high level of hostility suddenly turned and pointed at her. While she did seem happy and energetic that hardly meant it was a good thing - especially when her mind was quickly focused on the fact she was being leaped at and only barely heard the 'onee-sama!'.

She crouched back defensively, her arms wrapped around the books she carried to protect them but it was completely unnecessary - Sakuya was quicker than she was and thwarted the tackle quite efficiently. She opened one squeezed shut eye then the other - quickly standing straight upright again and giving a little sigh of relief. She smiled wanly at Sakuya and nodded her head a bit. "Thank you, Sakuya. That was a bit unexpected..."

She glanced at Sara then to Meiling for a moment, the guards words registering and her cheeks flushing a bit, "Wa-wa-wait, I didn't mean it like that Meiling! I just meant...it...well...it was kind of funny, the situation. I didn't mean it to be insulting, sorry!" she glanced between the maid and guard and took a step back hesitantly, looking oddly at the little girl. She knew that Sara had said something as she leaped at her but she had been to shocked by the sudden aggressive movement to properly remember it.

While she was intrigued, she was not about to second guess Sakuya's obviously protective move nor Meiling's rather serious mood. They both were taking matters quite seriously and she was rather a roadbump in such things - only making it harder. She edged her way around Sakuya and towards the door, casting another glance back at Sara and smiling a bit weakly but gently.

"You really should have asked to try and get an appointment - you'll have to accept whatever punishment they have in store for you now...ah?" she hesitated, blinking a few times. Her mind has just registered what was said by the little girl as she flew through the air. She paused with one hand on the door to the mansion, her wings flicking faintly in distress.

"Onee...sama?" she blinked a few times and stared at the girl more intently. "Ahhh...you are one of Shinki's children?" she smiled a bit sadly. She really wished she could invite Sara inside now that she knew that - she would love to serve her some tea and greet this girl who called her sister, but rules were rules. She would not put her personal matters over the duties of two senior members of the mansion let alone overstep her bounds so far as to invite someone inside without consulting her own master.

"I'm sorry, little one. I would love to invite you in, but you're trespassing - I can't invite you myself as it is not my home to extend such an invitation. You should have requested from Meiling how to go about getting in. As is...would you mind leaving peacefully? I can't go with you, not after this mess, and I have work that I have to do myself for my master. If you come by in a few days though and ask Meiling properly if I am free then I could probably spare some time to go out and talk with you."

She gave Meiling a tiny hopeful look - not saying any words, it'd be to rude to actually request that Meiling be gentle after all. She then looked to Sara again and bowed her head faintly. "I look forward to when you return though, I imagine there are many things to talk of."

~Including how to properly interact with people in Gensokyo.~

She inclined her head just faintly in a mixed sign of acknowledgment and departure before turning to the door again.

(holding one post before going inside in case Sara requires Koa for something)
Koakuma
Free Character

Postby Hong Meiling » 27 Oct 2010 04:53

Meiling jumped as soon as she saw Sara twitch, her muscles bursting into a quick sprint in order to stop her. But even her speed proved no match for time itself-- before she could register, Sakuya had deflected the child. The Maid’s voice resounded through the courtyard, and Meiling was on the child as quickly as she could have possibly been-- her hand had wrapped itself tight against Sara’s forearm; knuckles white from her taut grip. Meiling was completely unconcerned with the child’s safety, above all else came protecting Koakuma. Those thoughts overtook Meiling, who glowered down at the girl with pure, unrestrained resentment. She did not take kindly to having her house-mates attacked-- Especially not right in front of her.

Her grip weakened considerably when Koakuma finally spoke again, though she still held tight onto the child. She didn’t really understand the situation, but from the devil’s reaction, it was far more complex than she had thought… There must have been many details of which Meiling was unaware.

Meiling could not ignore the pained look on Koakuma’s face, particularly not after the lengthy conversation they had shared about the importance of family. Hadn’t Meiling herself told Koakuma that it was possible to spend time with others even if you don’t live with them!? It would be completely wrong-- not to mention hypocritical-- if she turned this girl away completely.

Yet at same time, orders were orders. There was no way, by Sakuya’s word and by her own pride, that Sara would be getting into the mansion that day. Of that, Meiling was sure.

“Wait--” She blurted abruptly to the devil, before giving a confused, pleading look to her boss. “I can’t let her in, but… I mean, I know you’re busy and all, but…” Her mouth sunk into a bemused frown, as if she was trying to piece together too many parts of a puzzle. “Maybe just a quick picnic-- Outside the mansion, of course… You’d have time for that, right?”
Hong Meiling
Main Character

Return to Archive