[Open] Warren Buffet

Locations of interest: Eientei
Forum rules
<<WIP>>

[Open] Warren Buffet

Postby Tewi Inaba » 10 Jun 2013 20:10

In a hole in the ground there are some rabbits.

Of course, to those who are familiar with the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, the occasional pit traps on the ground are nothing extraordinary; they are something between a mischievous prank and Eientei's security feature, although the latter description is probably still too generous. This hole, however, is completely different from the rest as the earth rabbit responsible for it is actually inside, surrounded by many of her companions.

"Right, right, just put that one over there... No, no, not you two! You go waaaaay over there," Tewi waves her hand about to direct the bunnies, all of them carrying a large tray of food of some kind. The scene is quite chaotic, with the cluster of pink dresses and fluffy ears moving past each other and bouncing about the subterranean room, but somehow they manage to avoid bumping against each other or dropping their load. In fact, all the tables scattered around the hole are soon laid with different kinds of meals, from soup and salad to the strangest-looking cakes and dessert - although rabbit meat is conspicuously absent from the menu.

"Alright~! Good job, everyone!" The leader of the earth rabbits place her hands on the waist as she surveys the complete dining hall with a satisfied look on her face. The place still appears rough and hastily assembled; the furniture are all over the place and some of the food are stacked haphazardly, but Tewi does not seem to mind - and neither do the rest of the rabbits, cheering and patting themselves on the back. It took them some time to prepare this entire thing out of what seems to be one of Tewi's sudden whims, but they're finally done with their work.

"Well," she said to the rabbits, "we can technically stuff our face and whatnot right now, but let's see if we can get a guest or something." With a grin, she takes a chair and places herself before the entrance - which is just earthen floor directly below a hidden hole, covered with branches and a thin layer of soil on the surface. Anyone who's lucky enough to stumble on the room will have to fall down first, but the food will probably make up for the experience.

"Any minute now," she said, shifting a bit in her chair with anticipation, under the watch of many pairs of rabbit eyes.
Tewi Inaba
Alternate Character

Re: [Open] Warren Buffet

Postby Seiga Kaku » 12 Jun 2013 07:28

Dozens of pairs of rabbit eyes may have been watching the entrance, Seiga thought, but none of them seem to have taken into account which entrance to watch. Or the fact that entrances have a rather annoying habit of appearing suddenly and unexpectedly when she was around. (Well, she was sure it was annoying for anyone who wasn't Seiga Kaku, for whom it was amongst the best things about her.) Or the fact that she could even be around, which to her was Mistake Number One.

She was amused for a moment by how the rabbits thought they were the only creatures on earth who could dig a five foot-wide tunnel through solidly packed earth in seconds-and then she was amused by how niche that last statement was-before she silently floated up behind the leader of the rabbits-which is to say, the only rabbit who had a chair, which has to indicate some kind of leadership, otherwise what was the point of having exactly one chair?-and placed a soft, gentle hand on her shoulder, and while resisting the urge to lift them up as to be sure that she heard, whispered into her fuzzy ears;

"Eh, what's up, doc?"

The hermit was sure there was some deep, delicious sense of irony to this. She could figure out why later, though. There were about to be a lot of very startled rabbits in an enclosed space, which she knew would be a level of entertainment that would make trained comedians wince in inadequacy. She grinned the grin of someone desperately trying not to cackle like a maniac-and specifically someone who was one wacky hijink away from doing so. Today was going to be a good day.
Seiga Kaku
Main Character

Postby Tewi Inaba » 17 Jun 2013 13:21

"Buh!" There's only a brief moment between Tewi shuddering from the sudden whisper and very nearly falling out of her chair, but it is still noticeable - and as she looks with bewilderment and shock at the grinning woman in blue, all the other rabbits take a step back and murmur amongst themselves. From the looks on their faces, it seems that they're on the verge of panicking and getting as far as possible from this dangerous stranger who somehow manages to get the drop on their leader.

Tewi notices this too, so after hobbling a bit on one of the chair's legs, she pushes the furniture back and quickly stand on top of it. "Er-hmm!" She clears her throat. "I think it's pretty obvious that what's "up" right now is the ground... Unless you're talking about our feast!" She lift her arms and wave them about to indicate at the entire room and all the food inside it. Surely nobody could refuse such sumptuous-looking dishes when they are offered with them!

The rabbit grins at her compatriots. They might still be able to salvage this situation, she tries to communicate to them through her stares.

"Too bad that you missed the entrance," she said, "but we're pretty alright with random guests, so feel free to stay and eat, uh..." She scratches her head while tilting it to the side. "Sorry, but I think I didn't catch your name. In fact, have I ever seen you before...?" It was a rather innocent question, but Tewi has lived in Gensokyo for quite some time, to put it mildly - and if there was someone she hasn't met, they're likely from somewhere else or have hid themselves awfully well.
Tewi Inaba
Alternate Character

Postby Seiga Kaku » 18 Jun 2013 15:54

The hermit, feigning surprise of her own, takes a moment to survey the hole-which sounds more insulting than it is, really, it's a rather well-decorated hole, and in fact has furniture, which is more than can be said for a lot of "houses", in Seiga's experience-before speaking in the most genuine tone of bewilderment she can manage.

"Oh, really? But is there not ground ahead of, behind, on either side of and below us? In fact, there's a lot more ground in all those directions than there is above us, so really, the ground is anything but up." It's not a very convincing attempt at surprise. Not helping at all is the fact that all the while, she continues to idly brush dirt off her shoulders as she speaks and lift lengths of her waterfall of blue hair back up towards her head-which, oddly, seem almost to snap into place when she slides her oddly elaborate hairpin in, going nigh-instantly from loose strands to an outlandish system of loops of, apparently, its own accord.

Noticing that her lapine hostess was at something of a loss, Seiga began to take steps into patronization territory. "I'm afraid I'll have to correct you there; I missed an entrance, not the entrance, and I think it's pretty obvious that's"-saying that last part in an almost comically bad attempt at impersonating Tewi-"the case, seeing as I have, in fact, entered. Not my fault if you didn't notice the other one." The hermit oozes smug confidence, radiating with the stuff so intensely as to make even a yatagarasu envious-of both the radiating and especially the smug confidence, knowing how gods are. "Oh, but listen to an old woman philosophise. Can't say I blame you for not knowing me, you might call me something of a... tourist." And this was no lie; she could quite easily have hid from the Chinese hermits in Russia or India or Australia, but she wasn't one for frozen tundra, sweltering jungles or... Australia. Besides, Japan was so much more interesting. "And I'd rather not hand out my name to just everyone who asks, if that's no trouble, I have something of a following I'd rather not have follow me, if you understand." Still not a lie. "Pursuer" is a synonym of "follower", and surely a group of followers is a following by any definition. "All that said, you can call me Aoi, for now." Okay, now that one was so easy it shouldn't even count. Of course she was blue. Everything about her was. Her hair was blue, her eyes were blue, her clothes were blue and even her demeanour was blue, in that it was characterized by traditionalism, pride and intelligence. Certainly not the other kind of blue. "And now that you mention it, it would be kind of pointless if I came to a restaurant and left hungry. Or it would reflect very badly on your service, but I digress. Let's see what you have." And with her piece said, Seiga floats gently and fluidly into a chair, sitting patiently with the kind of poise and tidiness that all but says "Show me what you've got, fuzzball."

Yes, even the "fuzzball" part. Seiga could behave with some very specific kinds of poise and tidiness.
Seiga Kaku
Main Character

Postby Tewi Inaba » 27 Jun 2013 08:16

"...Wow," Tewi finally said with an astonished look on her face, head tilted to one side. "You're kind of a jerk, Miss Aoi. Do you always talk to people this way, or just to cute rabbit girls who are inviting you for a meal?" She quickly waves her hand as if to dismiss that question, though. "Well, I guess it's not really that important. I know that you didn't ask, by the way, but my name's Tewi. No offense, but you seem like the kind of person who think that all rabbits look the same and can all be called by "You" or "Hey, you," so I thought I should at least clarify that bit." She smiles at her guest before hopping off the chair she's standing on.

"Also, we're actually having a buffet here!" She turned to the other rabbits, who immediately nodded their heads despite their obvious anxiety toward their guest. "So I'm afraid you have to get your own food, and then you can sit down if you feel like it. Don't worry though, you can take as many as you want on your plate - in case you're really hungry - and the girls can show you around and help you with whatever."

"Hmm..." Tewi gives Aoi another thorough look from her head to her toes and back again, trying to determine the kind of food that she would like... before quickly giving up and choosing to take a better look at her strange hair and the garish accessory sitting on top of it instead. It looks like it's no longer moving on its own, but it still looks awfully weird, she quietly thought to herself. "Well, meat's over by that side," she said, shrugging. "We have all sorts - beef, pork, fried, steamed... oh, be careful with the chicken. We got that recipe from someone who knows someone who knows someone from this place in China - Sichuan? Yeah, Sichuan. Maybe we did something wrong, but nobody knows how to turn the reddish glow off that one."

"Over there's the vegetables. I don't know if you like carrots, but... actually, we don't really eat them that much either," she said, before adding with a grin. "I do like 'em, though."

She went on to describe a couple more dishes - none of them are too complicated, especially since the cooks are just simple earth rabbits, but at least they seem to be somewhat tasty. For her part, Tewi herself seems to be having fun in talking about all sorts of meals on the tables. "And over there is some chikuwa and mochi. Chikuwa's a bit hard to make over here, but mochi - man, everyone here has practically spent their lives making them." The rest of the rabbit girls nod emphatically at that.

"Well, they should all taste pretty good." Tewi nods, satisfied with herself. "Oh, and this isn't really connected to anything, but have you ever been to Eientei? It's a clinic not far from here. We all... work there, sort of." Answering her own question, she continued, "The kitchen there's pretty big and not that far from the drug storeroom. But sorry for rambling! Have a nice meal."

The cheerful rabbit girl said it as if it's just a random unrelated fact, but the way she and everyone else in the room flash an overly saccharine and innocent-looking smile right after that bit of information may just have revealed the nature of this room as a massive trap, with a very high risk for danger and hilarity - although the only way to be sure is to sample the food on the table.
Tewi Inaba
Alternate Character

Postby Seiga Kaku » 19 Jul 2013 14:53

"A... jerk? My, my, no, I'm merely the sort of person who makes themselves feel at home wherever they go. You can probably sympathise with that, miss Tewi-it is "miss", right? Seems like every "young girl" around here is at least a centenarian, so I can hardly make presumptions. And on the topic of presumptions, I'm just a bit offended that you consider me a 'hey, you' sort of person. I just don't have it in me; I have more domestic staff at the house-" Conspicuously enough not using the word 'home'-"than most people can count, yet I still pride myself on knowing all of their names off by heart. It just wouldn't do to demean them like that, they've been through enough of that sort of thing."

Although if anyone knew anything about 'Aoi''s 'domestic staff', that would be something of a strange statement. Most would wonder how one could demean a walking corpse, or more precisely, how anything could demean them more than reanimation, or what 'that sort of thing' even means, but that applies to pretty much every use of the phrase. Of course, to Seiga, they were still flesh and blood, regardless of how much of it they had left or what state of decay it was in.

The hermit raised a single inquisitive, immaculately groomed eyebrow as the backpedaling rabbit explained buffets to her-and as she couldn't stop herself from looking at her hairpin, for that matter, which brought a little more than a smirk to her face. That trick always seemed to unnerve people, yet it was practically the tamest she knew. If she really wanted to unnerve someone... well, that was hardly fit for a dinner table conversation.

"A 'buffet', you say? This is the first I've ever heard of one, must be one of those customs brought over by migrants. I suppose it sounds like a good idea, but I always thought a restaurant was supposed to treat its guests like... guests, really. Just setting the food down and telling them to fetch it seems a little crude, even if it is good food-though really, anything has to be better than what I've been eating for the past while..."

'What I've been eating for the past while' was less solid than baby food. The hermit was literally running on vapours-not an unpleasant thing, to be sure, but less pleasant than any sort of actual eating. And yet despite both this and her own comment, she regards the food in front of her with a passing, dissatisfied gaze... right up until her host starts to talk about sichuan food, the mere mention of it drawing a muted gasp of surprise from her. Tewi is no longer the only one fighting to maintain her composure.

"... Sichuan, you say? My goodness, yes, I'll need some of that. It's been too long since I've had anything from the old country-far too long, everything over here is just fish and rice, nobody knows how give their food any flavour, any spice. Even by trying you're doing a lot better than most of this island." She pauses for a moment, raising one finger to her lips and staring at the root-entangled ceiling, as though pondering something. "Although I must ask: why open a buffet? I thought the whole Hare of Inaba thing was more about tricking sharks and nibbling at goddesses' dresses, unless the part where it served Chinese food to strangers was a myth that never made it onto paper."

"Can't say I have been to this Eientei place, but news does get around and I am known for listening to it. I've heard good things about the work miss Yagokoro does." At this point, Seiga once again leans in towards Tewi with one hand shielding the side of her mouth, ostensibly to whisper an aside to her... that just so happened to be perfectly audible to everyone in the room.

"Such as keeping a trickster like you in line, Tewi."
Seiga Kaku
Main Character

Postby Tewi Inaba » 27 Jul 2013 18:01

Tewi doesn't even try to conceal her curiosity and amusement when Aoi shows a particular interest in the spiced meal. She and the rabbits were just picking the strangest sounding recipe in the cookbook, knowing that it would be interesting to see the reaction of those who'll taste the food. "Huh, really?" She blinks and smiles a little. "Well, I guess the food reviews are going to be even tougher now that we have a fan of that one, eh? But really, you should be gentler on your stomach, Miss Aoi. It doesn't look too great when you're going back and forth through the privy, and besides, a girl needs to take care of her health and all that..."

"It's like what you've guessed - that's how I get to have my share of birthday cakes, yeah," she giggles before tilting her head inquisitively. "But I really don't need to tell you something that you already know, right?" Someone with her attitude and power doesn't seem like a person who hasn't lived through a century or two, too, and that's what Tewi suspects.

Still, when she starts to talk about the stories of the Hare of Inaba, Tewi seems to finally slip from her cheer into a bashful mood, although that too appears to be a little exaggerated. "Aheheh. Well," the rabbit scratches her cheek with a chuckle. "That's... That's from a really long time ago. You sure know your stories. But, but, "the whole Hare of Inaba thing," as you said it, is to try to do something new and fun, you see?"

"You run out of goddesses and crocodiles at some point," she winked, "but it just so happens that we could cook something up and have a very mysterious guest to partake in this feast. Quite a happy occurence, right?"

"What? Hey, no, I don't play tricks," Tewi quickly said without missing a beat, although the other rabbits are now talking amongst themselves in hushed voice. "Everyone came out entertained and happy when I happened to have my fun. Free of charge, too! Most of the times."

It's not clear if she's being nervous or just feeling up to some childish idleness, but she swipes a stalk of celery from a nearby tray and plays with it between her fingers. "You didn't hear about me all the way back in China, right? Even I'm not sure if we could ever be that famous," she said. "And besides, it's also a bit unfair. You know a lot about us, but all we get to work with is a wealthy stranger in blue from the mainland, who surprises people by going underground. Don't you have some interesting stories that you can tell over a meal?"
Tewi Inaba
Alternate Character

Postby Seiga Kaku » 03 Aug 2013 16:32

Seiga smirked, possibly an action that was getting kind of trite by now. This is what she loved the most about hiding her identity-watching people stumble over little "if only they knew" comments like that. There was also the fact that desperate people seemed to trust mystery more than reputation, in true fairy tale style, but that was a little off-topic.

"You really have no reason to worry, miss Tewi. Taking care of my health is something of a talent of mine-believe me, you have no idea how far off people are when they guess my age. Even though that practically seems to be an entry requirement in Gensokyo, I'm sure it counts for something. And I've eaten plenty worse things than a little local cuisine in that time. Such as bad local cuisine. Sichuan food is not something you want to do badly, but I suppose you might be a little savvy to that, setting up next to a hospital and all. Good move there."

Keeping her gaze fixed on Tewi, the hermit snapped up a pair of chopsticks from the table beside her and slowly and deliberately, in a way that screams "hey, notice what I'm doing", maneuvered a piece of redder-than-red chicken into her mouth, chewing it with all the comically exaggerated care of a food critic in a movie, apparently oblivious to her own comment.

"Not bad for a first attempt! I would set a few jars of water out if you plan on serving this to anyone else, however. I doubt there are many other people who have my... tolerance for spice, and there's some flavoring in it I can't really identfy, besides the fact that it probably shouldn't be in food... But I don't think that worries you, does it?" If anyone else was saying that, they would have accompanied it with a wink or a playful nudge with their elbow, but the rabbit's guest conveyed the exact same feeling with nothing but a peculiar glint in her eye.

"'Try to do something new and fun', you say? Well, here I thought that was the whole life thing, or at least that something's gone pretty wrong if people don't think it is." Seiga winked back at Tewi knowingly-perhaps worryingly so, as she somehow made herself and a quote unquote "complete stranger" seem like a pair of old friends. "And that's experience talking. I'm not about to pass judgement on someone for playing a few tricks or trying to pass the time or whatever you would like to call it, mind, nor am I in any position to." There it was again, that knowing, camaraderie-rich wink. It was equal parts comforting and unsettling-and probably only equal on account of the rabbits having no clue as to Seiga's real identity."

"Oh, no, I don't think they talk about hares in the Old Country. People back home are usually more preoccupied with monkeys or dragons than little things like hares, at least as far as myths go. I merely, as they say, do my homework. But on the topic of China... it's stories you're interested in, is it? Well, I'd say I have more than my fair share of tales, all varyingly tall and short, but... I don't know, I'm not the sort of lady who can babble on all day. Why, I'd need a willing audience, and I'd need to know what they want to hear about, and... well, perhaps I might need compensation as well." The hermit looked at Tewi with a smug, coaxing expression, giving off the kind of sense of not just entitlement, but expectation that only a noble or a trickster could give-though as far as Seiga was concerned, whether she was one or the other is a matter for the philosophers.

"But I'm sure you could manage that, couldn't you?"
Seiga Kaku
Main Character

Postby Tewi Inaba » 11 Aug 2013 00:16

The earth rabbits whisper and mumble excitedly as Seiga eats her chicken. A few of them even go as far as squeezing their eyes shut and pressing their fluffy ears to the sides of their heads, unable to witness the suffering that would be inflicted by the barely edible dish. Their suspense is transformed into awe, though, when they see that she seems to be unaffected by the food at all. She can even still talk as glibly as ever!

The only thing that prevent them from breaking into an applause is the fact that Tewi's only standing there, arms crossed, her expression unreadable. "What, me, worry?" It's only after the blue lady speaks to her again that whatever spell of silence that took the rabbit leader hold melts away, and she laughs. "Of course not! Our head chef," she raises a hand and points in a not-too-subtle way at herself, "knows what she's doing. Things that weren't supposed to be food could be the most expensive ingredient tomorrow, while the stuff that you always eat today might turn out to be poison."

"You know how they used to keep popping cinnabar like it's baby carrots, back in the day?" Tewi smiles as she walks toward another tray right on Seiga's opposite, slowly lifting the lid of a rather large container that rests on top of it. It's really just a random example that the rabbit picks to illustrate her point, but by this point, she's also smiling and projecting that exaggerated friendly air to match the hermit, and if that gives the impression that she knows more than she lets on, it's just a happy side effect. "In the end, whether you're actually putting good food inside your mouth probably depends on how lucky you are."

"A~nd, speaking of good food," she lifts up a pack of rice straw and tears it open, causing a rather hideous smell to waft all over the room. "Natto. I also like to keep things local, you see." With the stalk of celery in her hand, Tewi makes a show out of stirring the fermented beans, lifting them up several times before letting them pour into a plate, slowly trickling down as the thick gunk of sticky strings hold them back... It seems that this natto has deviated from the traditional method to prepare them, too. Ordinary natto is already smelly and sticky, but the one in Tewi's plate seems to amplify those characteristics to a despicable level - all the other rabbits are already taking a step back to keep away from her, even as they keep watching as the sickly-looking beans continue to dribble in an excruciatingly slow pace.

But Tewi still picks up a mouthful, this time with real chopsticks, and chews them without too much change in her mood. The rabbits appear at the same time concerned, disgusted, and amazed - and most of all, worried that they may also be dragged into this strange race of eating weird, obviously-tampered food.

"'sgood," Tewi finally said after swallowing it down. "We know how to make this one, so it probably tastes even better than your chicken there. But about the stories..."

"Well, I think we're quite alike, aren't we, Miss Aoi? Apart from you being blue and I'm mostly pink, and I'm a rabbit while you're... whatever you are, and other sorts of details. The rabbits and I are curious about all sorts of things, but I think we're just dying to know who you are and what you've been doing. Right, girls?" She turns to the other bunnies and is met with many enthusiastic nods. "Seems like you've done a lot of things in your time. And if it's compensation you want..." Tewi lifts her hands up and giggles. "You look like you're quite the merchant, Miss. We're just a bunch of rabbits in a hole, but we'll see if we can get you whatever you name as your price."

"I hope it'll be interesting and fun to get instead of something boring like, "an obscene amount of gold!" or something ironic like, "your promise to fill in every hole you find instead of digging them!" She sighs. "I'm a fairy tale character of a sort, I know how these things work."
Tewi Inaba
Alternate Character

Postby Seiga Kaku » 24 Aug 2013 22:01

"Oh, I'm sure she knows. I just don't think everyone else does." There it was again, that nudge-nudge-wink-wink-say-no-more-sans two nudges, one wink and every single word. "But that's between her, herself and she, isn't it?" There was probably a point to be made by the hermit's continued use of the third person, but as always, it ends up veiled by humour and amicability. It was like a machine under a blanket; one can make out the general shape, sure, but anything specific is always left guesswork. Until it suits the hermit, of course.

Likewise, it suited her to allow at least one or two reflexes do their thing, wrinkling her nose ever so slightly as Tewi uncovered the fermented beans, slowly nodding as if to say "yep, that's 'local cuisine' alright". It wasn't as though she abandoned her cool, unflappable demeanour, oh no, but it wouldn't hurt to let Tewi think she could make her do such a thing. Or it wouldn't hurt Seiga, anyway. At least unless Tewi ended up embarassing herself so much that she ended up with a cramp while laughing. Oh, eventualities.

"Oh, more than you probably know, miss Tewi. You know what they say about birds of a feather-although I'm not sure that applies here, since all I saw the literal birds doing on the way here was bickering, flying around and taking pictures of all things. I mean, I'm sure they have their reasons, but I'd like to see them find one for trampling over metaphors like that, but I digress." She grins another practiced porcelain grin in response to her adoring audience, even managing to fake blushing. "Well, how could I say no to an audience like this?"

"And don't you worry about me asking for things like gold. Really, what point is there? Gold's only purpose is to aquire other things, and I've never been fond of middlemen. I reserve the right to name my price later, but at least be safe in the knowledge that it won't be boring. Although maybe I should give you an idea of what to expect... well, perhaps you could be convinced to part with one of your compatriots here? I mean, I have plenty of retainers already, but these little rabbits are all just so precious-" the hermit illustrated her point by picking up a random rabbit girl like she would a toy, hugging her to her chest like a child with the prize of the carnival ring toss-"and I can guarantee their wellbeing, so that's hardly a problem. Of course, if we are as alike as you say, maybe all I would need is a tale of your own? I'm fairly sure that the Hare of Inaba has by far too many tales that have gone unheard. But now I'm just rambling on into hypotheticals."

And with that, the hermit pulled up a chair and folded into a sedentary posture, still holding the hapless rabbit on her lap like a young child about to hear a nursery rhyme. "You know, I'm feeling rather appreciative of all you ladies, so I think I'll let you hear what you want to hear. Anything in particular you'd like to know? It seemed like a few of you were quite impressed by this little hairpin of mine, so perhaps that could be a starting point?"
Seiga Kaku
Main Character

Postby Tewi Inaba » 06 Sep 2013 07:15

The rabbit in Seiga's arms seems unsure whether to be happy for being hugged or scared to death for being hugged by such a strange person, so she strikes a compromise by smiling nervously and fidgeting a little every now and then. The other rabbits are holding their breath as they look intently at their brethren, as if they expect her to burst into flames or something else equally disastrous and magical. Tewi, though, only giggles.

"Retainer, huh," Tewi rubs her chin, smiling. "Well, I could just let you borrow her," she shrugs, "and let you do whatever. Have her serve you tea, dress her up, or have a cuddle with each other every afternoon..." The hugged rabbit nods her head at the last one, although she quickly switches to shaking her head. She doesn't want to be seen as a traitor or anything!

The leader of the earth rabbits chuckles again. "I won't just do that, though. We're, uh, "retaining" other people at the moment, and it doesn't seem nice to them if I just let you run off with some of the girls." The other rabbit lets out a sigh, although whether in relief or disappointment, it's a little hard to tell. "If you're not kidding around, I guess you can take it up with the people upstairs..."

"...Whatever it's going to be, I'll still accept your completely not suspicious and definitely fair mystery price, though, don't worry. And if it's stories that you want, I think I can provide you with some on the side... Why don't tell our tales over the meal?" She looks at the other rabbits and nods. "You girls are hungry too, right? Go ahead and grab something." The rabbits quickly scamper off, crowding around several tables and moving away from the rest. It seems that the food on the tables that are approached by the bunnies are the ones that haven't been tampered with - and judging by how enthusiastic the earth rabbits are in avoiding all the other food, that theory is all but confirmed. "Why don't you have more too, Miss Aoi?" She asked that offer in the sweetest, most innocuous way possible, but the challenge contained in it is obvious.

The rabbits quickly take their food and sit around Seiga, fulfilling their own part of looking like the rest of attentive children curious for a story. "Yeah, okay, that hairpin looks pretty interesting. It can't just be a hair ornament, right?" Tewi might not immediately look like it, but she's awfully curious, too.
Tewi Inaba
Alternate Character

Return to Bamboo Forest of the Lost