[Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Locations of interest: Eientei
Forum rules
<<WIP>>

[Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Mima » 07 Oct 2012 01:20

There were two shacks deep in the Bamboo Forest, beyond the reach of most people who would just get lost in the endless maze of bamboo shoots. Indeed, for a spirit who already had a bit of a bad sense of direction, this was exactly what had happened to her.

"Well, this ain't a moon," Mima muttered, floating up and around as she tried to guess the habits of whatever person lived h ere...for a moment. Instead, her eyes kept drifting back to the rooftops. Those rooftops. Well, travelling out here -had- been very exhausting so...

...A couple of minutes later, the spirit was lying on her back near the edge of the shack, her ghost tail hanging off the edge, while a clear bubble gently rose and fell with each breath as the spirit snored.
Mima
Main Character

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 03 Apr 2013 22:20

After spending the afternoon foraging for food, Mokou returned home to find something amiss. There was someone laying on her roof... a non-living someone by the looks of it. Some ghost in a funny hat. That wasn't so unusual in Gensokyo, she figured, but the ghost was... snoring? They don't even breathe!

Wondering how (and why) a ghost would be snoring, she pulled out a youkai repelling charm just in case and shouted to the unwanted visitor.

"Oi, who'er you? Get off my roof!"

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Mima » 04 Apr 2013 22:34

This had been a long nap, that Mima was waking up from. To her, it actually felt like months. She streched out and yawned - while still snoring - before waving a hand and dismissing the snoring and the bubble. ...Because, of course, if you were going to sleep on someone's roof, you HAD to snore. And have a sleep bubble.

"A charming Evil Spirit," Mima answered honestly, sitting up with her ghost-tail dangling off the roof, and hat (magically) adjusting itself to stand up properly on her head. "...And who are you? You look like a hobo, but your roof's surprisingly good quality. Slopes well and pretty comfy for a spirit. Although whoever put up the other roof must've stank at building things."
Mima
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 06 Apr 2013 10:04

So apparently the snoring was some kind of spell. That's... interesting. The immortal doesn't really know what to think of that. At least the spirit was honest, she supposed.

"I am Fujiwara no Mokou, daughter of an Emperor's regent," she replied with an odd mixture of surliness and indifference, "and I'm a hermit, not a hobo. There's a difference." She juggled the anti-ghost charm in one hand, threading it rapidly and gracefully between her fingers in a way that would scarcely seem possible. It's amazing what a thousand years of crippling boredom can teach you.

"I--hey, don't I remember you from somewhere?" the phoenix girl squinted up at Mima.

Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Mima » 20 Apr 2013 17:52

"Oh, you wanted a name?" Mima said, with a malicious-looking smirk. As if her name could curse someone, or something. "Well, if you insist, sure, I can give you a name or two," the ghost said, leaning forward, elbows on what would have been around her lap except for her weird-ish anatomy.

"...Hmm, aren't you one of Yuuka's gardeners?" Mima said, after glancing through her head; while she ordinarily didn't bother to remember many modern residents of Gensokyo, ones near the one she thought of as a mix between comrade and proper rival were a different matter. She continued looking the hermit over, though, noting the odd garbs, the shack, and the rest of the surroundings. And...she frowned.

"...I heard the princess in the forest had a magnificent Eastern-style mansion with legendary treasures that haven't been seen for thousands of years." She pauses, frowning. "...If this is really what the 'mansion' is like, I'd feel kind of bad about wrecking it. It'd be like bullying fairies. Did someone already burn it down or something?"
Mima
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 25 Apr 2013 04:29

Mokou noticed that Mima didn't answer her question, but left that alone for now. There were more important things to attend to. "I'm nobody's gardener," she said coolly, "this is most certainly not Eientei, and don't you even think about wrecking my--" the phoenix girl did a double take, realizing the actual implications of what Mima had said. "Wait, you got something against Kaguya? We may have something to talk about." She slipped the anti-ghost charm back into her pocket, a purely symbolic gesture since she was still entirely capable of defending herself at a moment's notice.

In spite of the irritating invasion of her roof, Mokou liked the ghost's style. This might turn into something interesting.

Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Mima » 26 Apr 2013 00:41

"Right, the gardener's still hangin' out in the Netherworld - soimetimes, if she's not out buying more food..." the spirit joked, still resting on Mokou's rooftop out of laziness or arrogance. "Kaguya? That's the name of the moon-princess, right? A legendary beauty with plenty of treasure," She said, smirking. "I guess I wouldn't say I have anything against -her-, but it's not like I care at all about a hikkikomori who stayed shut up for a thousand years thinks. I've heard about her artifacts, and so I'm going to go borrow them for a while to see if they're useful for my magic. And if the princess and her attendantes get annoyed by the request, probably blast off a wing or two of the mansion to make a point."

She gives a lazy shrug, before finally coming off the roof - to float downwards, smirking evilly. "...What, do you have something you want from her mansion too? If you can give me some decent directions through this blasted forest, I'll bring whatever you want back...so long as I don't want it more or blow it up from some spell."
Mima
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 04 May 2013 02:44

"Nothing in particular I need," Mokou said, shifting her weight to her right leg, "but if you're gonna invade the mansion I'm in. I could use some entertainment, and I don't particularly like the moon princess."

Mokou figured she and this ghost had a lot in common. They had both lingered on earth longer than they should have, and Mima gave the impression of being very old. Perhaps as old as she was. They both did what they pleased, and had little concern for death or society. The phoenix girl actually envied her a little though--after a long existence, she still had ambition to do something. It had been a long time since Mokou had wanted much more than to fight Kaguya, and more recently, get to know Keine and the villagers in some small way. As a ghost, she was also still here by choice.

"Give me a bit to get ready, and I'll take you to Eientei." There really wasn't much she needed to do, but she didn't want to pester Kaguya on an empty stomach. A quick meal, and then, adventure! Something new. Whatever the outcome, it ought to be amusing.

Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Mima » 25 May 2013 19:13

"Oooh, I ask for directions and get a guide?" Mima said, grinning at the hermit. "And you find blowing things up and bullying princesses entertaining. Sounds like we should hang out more." The spirit said, idly twisting her staff to point downwards. "Oh, and for breakfast, rice balls, miso soup, and grilled salmon will do for me." She commented, making it sound like an expected request. "And if you have a donation box, I'll eat whatever's in that, too." Really, she didn't need to eat, but asking for food from someone who looked like they didn't have any was too much fun to pass up. And she didn't see a gohei or anything, so whoever this impoverished hermit was, she doubted that she could really pummel her for stealing the food.
Mima
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 02 Jun 2013 02:36

Mima wrote:"And you find blowing things up and bullying princesses entertaining. Sounds like we should hang out more."

The sentiment was likewise; the ghost seemed like an amusing companion. Keine wouldn't approve, of course, and there was that strong possibility she'd have to exorcise the spirit in the end for threatening humans (or stealing her dried persimmons). For now though, it was a good excuse to get out of the clearing and go harass the princess again. She'd kinda lost her focus lately, and she liked the ghost's energetic attitude.

Then...

Mima wrote:"Oh, and for breakfast, rice balls, miso soup, and grilled salmon will do for me." She commented, making it sound like an expected request. "And if you have a donation box, I'll eat whatever's in that, too."

The immortal tilted her head and looked sideways at the ghost, unsure whether to be offended or bemused. "This isn't a restaurant, and you don't even eat. And why would I have a donation box? Do I look like a beggar? Or a shrine maiden?"

Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Mima » 08 Jun 2013 19:00

"I can eat if I want to," Mima retorted, shrugging at Mokou. "Even ghosts eat in this world. And..." She said, pointing first at Mokou's pants. "You're wearing red..." Then, onto the shirt. "...And white..." she went to her hair. "...You've got charms all tied up in your hair..." And she finished by pointing at her shack. "...And you look like you've been broke for the last thousand years. You definitely look like a shrine maiden, although those pants are kind of strange, but people do silly things with fashion," she says with a yawn. "Although, I like the classic look better. I guess that's why no armpits too, right? More weird fashion," she continued.
Mima
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 13 Jun 2013 03:10

"No, just a hermit," the immortal half-lied. "I suppose the mistake is forgivable, I do exterminate youkai at least," she said casually, flicking the charm from before back out of her pocket and playing with it again for effect. Hey, it isn't like she got many chances to swagger a little, right?

"Not that I've got anything in particular against youkai, these days I'm about as much youkai as I am human anyway. But no, definitely not a Miko. I turned my back on gods and men a long time ago, and they turned their backs on me. As for poverty, I have few needs and no interest in chasing wealth as mortals do."

"Anyway, that's enough standing around, and there's no food for you here. Shall we pay the mansion a visit?" she gestured into the forest as if to say 'after you.'

Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Mima » 15 Jun 2013 19:46

"Yeah, that's close enough," Mima said, floating off the roof. "What's the difference between a hermit and a miko, anyways? You both only get visited by anormal people and youkai that you sometimes exterminate, both broke..." She said, before drifting over Mokou while she pointed gestured at the forest.

"...Are you trying to make fun of me?" She said, peering at the forest. "...I was already trying to find the mansion and wound up here."
Mima
Main Character

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 19 Jun 2013 23:25

"The mansion's that way," Mokou said dryly, a small smile barely perceptible at one corner of her mouth. She checked her pockets to make sure she had everything she might need, which wasn't much, and then started off in the direction she had indicated. "And the difference is that a Miko serves a god and channels spirits. I don't."

"I know the way pretty well," the immortal remarked. "The princess and I go way back, you know"

Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Mima » 29 Jun 2013 19:12

"Pretty far back, but she's a princess who lives in a magical mansion and you have a shack?" The spirit asked, floating along behind the immortal. "Woooow, I guess it makes sense to want to go ahead and take some of that, then. Hey, if you have anything in particular you want, I'll keep an eye out for it~" The spirit said, already imagining what kind of loot lies ahead.

"But, what's up with this forest? It feels like some kind of wide-range magical aura," the spirit said, glancing abou. "A -big- one, too."
Mima
Main Character

Next

Return to Bamboo Forest of the Lost