[Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Locations of interest: Eientei
Forum rules
<<WIP>>

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 06 Jul 2013 08:02

Day or Night. Such things were imperceptible as direction in the Bamboo Forest of the Lost unless one knew otherwise. It was indeed foolhardy to set off into the thick of the forest without an experienced guide, and those willing to do so were few and far between. Even the most fraudulent of villagers avoided such a place, and for good reason.

Any manner of man or youkai need only venture a small ways into the Forest to experience its disorienting nature; the landscape seemed to rearrange itself at will, changing its conformation on a near-daily basis. What might be considered a landmark one day would shift into an indistinguishable mass of stalks the next, only adding to the already mounting confusion of travelers.

The Mansion of Eternity, a daunting structure that is the only unchanging feature of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. Its gates are guarded by the (fierce) youkai rabbits who are much too eager for distraction to pay attention, not that many reach the gates of the Infinite Mansion to begin with. One need only mention the need for medical assistance to earn entrance, as with most visitors had learned.

Eirin's window remained open as a small amount of smoke from the perfumed incense curled its way out, rising to join the thick bamboo leaves that adorned her view of the sky. As for the doctor, she busied herself with her most recent medicinal experiment, the brush in her hand making quick strokes across the wound parchment, marking it with a series of letters foreign to all but Kaguya and herself.

"There," Eirin spoke to herself in no hushed tones, "Another series finished." Just another day of work at Eientei.
Image
User avatar
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 07 Jul 2013 04:33

"The princess can have whatever vanities she wants, I am a simple hermit," Mokou said sagely. It was true that Mokou typically didn't care enough to bother worrying about her lack of possessions, but to suggest that she wasn't bitter about Kaguya's life of luxury was not entirely honest. After a few moments, she had an interesting idea.

"Hmmm, now that you mention it though, there are these trinkets..." If the phoenix girl took Kaguya's five treasures of from under her nose, would it vindicate her father in some small way?

"The forest is a strange place," the immortal admitted, "and the mansion is stranger."
Image

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
User avatar
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Mima » 31 Jul 2013 23:01

"Hmph, if you don't care, why do you want to go rob her?" Mima asked; her voice was carrying throughout the forest, as she made no attempt to conceal her presence. Or rather, there was nobody she cared about - or respected enough - to conceal her presence from, unless if she was actually looking for a chance to use surprise to commit one prank or another.

She continued floating forward, not knowing how far it was to th emansion, which was part of the reason for her enxt question. "...So, these trinkets. How good are they at resisting being blown up? Since I'm thinking, once we can see it, I might send them a kind of 'greeting'," she said, the spirit smirking malevolently as she pointed her staff downwards; the darkness of space began surrounding the crescent-shaped tip, sparkling irregularly was the magic of the stars was concentrated into the mystical aid, with terrifying strength.

"...It'd be a pity if I repaid your favor by breaking ALL of them, after all."
User avatar
Mima
Main Character
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 02 Aug 2013 04:54

"A matter of honor," Mokou said simply. The immortal gave no more care to surprise than Mima did, as she caught a flash of the mansion's white walls in the distance between the green bamboo stalks.

"They've been though some violence already, but I'd rather you not damage the mansion too much, or hurt anyone inside... other than Kaguya." She shot the ghost a stern look, and then turned her head back to the path before them. They were close now, very close. The corner of her mouth turned up slightly, in anticipation of their little adventure.
Image

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
User avatar
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 03 Aug 2013 08:11

Eirin leaned back in her chair, extending her arms to their full spread with a tired yawn. Already, her mind thought ahead to the rest of the afternoon, what was left of it, and the upcoming night. She would need to bathe at some point, and prepare the deliveries for Reisen to carry in to the Human Village tomorrow; both of these required her to move from her chair, which she did only after ending her stretch.

Eirin stood at the window, carefully snuffing out the last burning embers of incense that still burned. It was when she made to close the shutters that she spied the two travelers in the Bamboo Forest. 'A patient? This late?' The doctor looked over at her desk, reading the timepiece sitting upon it while mentally delaying her plans. Mokou was easy spot; the white sheen of her hair made her quite conspicuous among the bamboo stalks; the other figure was less distinguishable.

Eirin made her way to the front gates of the Mansion of Eternity, standing at the door to the Princess's estate, intent upon making this patient's visit as expeditious as possible.
Image
User avatar
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Mima » 17 Aug 2013 22:46

"Honor? When you're broke and living out in the woods, shouldn't you, y'know, take something you can sell for a couple years of full-course gourmet meals? You look like you need to eat more," the spirit said, floating onwards, and REALLY frowning - and stopping outright - when Mokou put up the other restrictions. "...Wait, no damaging the property sounds fine if you're going to TAKE it, but what's up with protecting everyone else inside?" She says, the spirit looking like she was annoyed.

Of course, she probably should have been paying more attention to the sound of her voice. "...Besides, do you really thing they're not going to get in our way? I'm -sure- whoever is there can survive a few bruises and such~" She said, pointing forward at some person she didn't recognize - probably a door greeter servant or something, she surmised. "After all, isn't that someone in our way? And knocking them around would make a great entrance <3~"
User avatar
Mima
Main Character
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 24 Aug 2013 05:26

"They never wronged me, so I won't go destroying their home," Mokou said. "And if I cared so much about eating better, I would. Jeez, you're just like Keine. Well... not exactly. Okay, not at all really. You know what I mean."

In point of fact the ghost girl probably had no idea what she was talking about, but Mokou wasn't thinking about technicalities right now.

After all, isn't that someone in our way? And knocking them around would make a great entrance <3~


"I suppose you aren't one for honor," Mokou said, meaning no particular disrespect, "but think of it this way. Blowing things up isn't much of a challenge, is it? Wouldn't it be more fun to prank them when they're conscious?"
Image

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
User avatar
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 24 Aug 2013 05:29

The fickle spirit would do weel to monitor the volue of her voice, as Eirin had heard every consonant that Mima had sputtered, including her crude assessment and proposal for entrance. Truly, it came as no shock to the Lunarian doctor; in fact, it was rather mild in comparison to some of the comments the human villagers had leveled at her. That didn't keep her annoyance from growing despite her placid expression.

"Another charity case, Mokou?" Eirin scanned over the spirit hovering next to her, smirking cryptically. "You know as well as I that I can hardly help the dead. Now, if she were half-dead or even mostly dead, my skills would be more applicable." Eirin tapped her chin thoughtfully, giving the situation careful consideration. That Mokou would be so rigorous in restricting her compatriot from causing any collateral damage was no surprise to Eirin; it had become a courtesy that she honored in her near-daily combat with Kaguya.

"Or is it an exorcism you need? I might remind you that I am a doctor, not a miko." Eirin added, more as an afterthought.
Image
User avatar
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Mima » 31 Aug 2013 20:59

"If you can taste it, good food tastes bette rthen bad food, so go ahead and indulge! If you find that seasonings aren't doing anything for you, I suggest trying a bit from Reimu's rice bin. There's a zest to it you won't be able to find easily anywhere else in Gensokyo," She said, stopping just short of saying 'tears are delicious.' Since really, it was just Reimu's tears which were delicious.

Of course, now, the nurse was standing out in front of them. SHe sounding like a nurse or a doctor, talking about medicines. "Medicines, Exorcisms and Seals aren't doing anything for me, so, it'll be about if you happen to have anything stronger for me," Mima said in a lilting voice. "So if you don't have anything to help me, I'll just go look around myself inside for something nice."
User avatar
Mima
Main Character
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Fujiwara no Mokou » 02 Sep 2013 18:01

Mokou at least had the sense to realize that “Sometimes I can’t be bothered to eat at all” would hardly help her case, so she held her tongue. Of course, she had no idea of Mima’s hidden meaning, not knowing the ghost (or much about Reimu either for that matter) and being rather poor with subtlety anyway. That’s not to say she was under any illusions about her partner in crime; a troublesome villain who would probably require summary exorcism if she ever decided to enter the human settlement. For now the immortal felt like playing the villain, so long as the joke was on Kaguya. In that, they should get along just fine.

“Naw, burning and pillaging and all that today,” the phoenix girl casually answered EIrin’s sarcasm. “Thought I’d change it up a little.” Despite the mischievous smile with which she delivered this, she did give the doctor what might possibly be interpreted as an apologetic shrug.
Image

http://i.imgur.com/1Azms.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/79Z2EEk.png

Rinranrunning 1d100 for the amount of tsundere Fuji has for Kaguya.
Sakuya_Izayoi Rinranrunning rolled 1 100-sided dice. < 100 > Total: 100 (100).
User avatar
Fujiwara no Mokou
Forum/IRC Moderator
 

Re: [Ask First] Rooftop Barbecue Spirit

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 07 Sep 2013 05:53

Eirin's demeanor remained unchanged as the two parties engaged in their conversation; if it was one thing that her age had cultivated well (besides that of medicine and other refined arts), it was that sense of composure that exuded confidence. Then again, what really did she have to fear? The Lunarian doctor barred the two visitor's entrance for the time-being, seeking further clarification for their visit; her attention remained on the newcomer, as she was more familiar with Mokou's occasional intrusion.

"There are also charms and rituals; I have heard that the Hakurei Maiden is able to call up deities now as well." Eirin crossed her arms, striking a slightly defensive posture that expressed a fraction of her annoyance with the current circumstance. "That being the case, if I have nothing to aid your predicament, there is no reason to allow you entry, spirit. My services have been required by the dead, and half-dead at that." She recalled, remembering the rather sour experience.

From the corner of her slate eyes, Eirin noted the consolatory shrug of Mokou; it wouldn't be the first time she had seen such a gesture (and, she mused, most likely not the last). There would be no preventing this situation, and Eirin resigned herself mentally, turning with a slight break in her non-distinct placidity. "Do be courteous of the other residents, Mokou."
Image
User avatar
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character
 

Previous

Return to Bamboo Forest of the Lost

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron