[Ask First] Makai Magician Madness

Locations: Marisa Kirisame's House, Alice Margatroid's House, Kourindou, The Hakurei Shrine, Gate to Makai
Forum rules
The Forest of Magic is a place brimming with energy and power. The dense trees and deep magic that permeates the forest makes it almost suffocating, but also seems to attract a number of youkai. The forest isn't travelled by many, and only the strange or the magical choose it as their home. The forest is home to two magical beings, the human magician Marisa Kirisame and the youkai puppeteer Alice Margatroid. Marisa's house seems to double as a shop, an Anything-Goes type of store, but whether or not she does any actual business is something of a mystery. Kourindou, owned by Rinnosuke, is another shop on the edge of the Forest of Magic near the human village, and is frequently visited by humans and youkai alike. The Hakurei Shrine, cared for by the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei, also resides in a thinner area of the forest, near the great Hakurei border.

[Ask First] Makai Magician Madness

Postby Elis » 15 Sep 2013 16:43

Makai. If you were to describe most of it in a few words it would probably be 'Red Barren Wasteland', swept with the thick miasma that was present all throughout the realm. Truly it would be hard to get used to a place like this as opposed to Pandemonium, which was much nicer.

Of course, some people choose this isolated place, it grants a certain sense of freedom, and seclusion. It allows one to act freely without disturbance, to really let loose or focus on something completely without fail.

And that was exactly why The Innocent Devil adored this location so much. Without the hassle of having to worry about others she could relax, at least as much as she allowed herself to. Within this realm it would be foolish to simply let your guard down, and it simply wasn't in her nature to be completely carefree.

This was where Elis had spent most of her life, despite being one of the Makaijin goddesses creations, she quickly separated herself and began training her powers. Her vampiric nature told her to get stronger, and she listened to it, practising magic and becoming rather apt at it. She never really cared much for others, if she had her power that was all she really needed.

...and that's how it was for many years. Now however, The Innocent Devil had returned to her place in Makai to continue her training, she had grown tired of Gensokyo for now, having to deal with all those varying people really drained her patience. So doing what she loved was the only solution, there wouldn't be any interruptions as she began casting spell after spell in this deserted place, no real reason was needed, just the joy of spell casting, focussing entirely on the feeling of the Miasma enhancing her abilities past their normal parameters. Truly this was one of the times she genuinely smiled, her eyes focussed on destroying an imaginary enemy, dresses in red and white.

Sadly due to this she had stopped paying attention to her surroundings. She would have been more cautious if this were anywhere else, but her guard was down lower than normal today.
Elis
Main Character

Re: [Ask First] Makai Magician Madness

Postby Yuki » 15 Sep 2013 17:26

There's another being around who also enjoys the isolation of the Makaijin outskirts. One would think so, since she lives there. Two reasons, mostly. One, for the miasma. Amplified magic is a big yes for a witch. Second, she's able to get away from Mai out here. Far, far away. It's nice to have some peace and quiet every now and then. And there's been a significant drop in her tantrums since she got away. Being called useless and a failure and whatever other hurtful things her 'sister' had to say about the younger witch sure helped her temper.

Depressing memories aside, today Yuki's taking a walk. Well, a float. Why walk when you can fly, right? She's been inside for the past few days, mostly as a relaxation period for her to simply keep herself occupied with her hobbies. Namely drinking and drawing. But everyone needs a breath of fresh air now and then, so that's why she's out. And how she catches sight of big flashy magic going off in the distance. Her curiosity piqued, the witch makes a beeline to the source.

And there she sees the person responsible. Blonde, wings, wand. Yuki can't quite put her finger on it, but this girl looks... familiar. As though she's seen her before, but can't remember where. Ah well. Since she seems distracted, Yuki decides to get the girl's attention in her own way. With a big explosive fireball landing about twenty foot to her left. "Hi!"
“Everything within the ship must work in harmony. I was built to maintain harmony. Therefore, my will is absolute. Nobody will stand in my way. Anyone who tries... will be terminated!"

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Postby Elis » 20 Sep 2013 19:34

Now, under normal circumstances Elis is prepared for most eventualities, having a plan of action for every encounter. However under most circumstances she is not in her favourite place where she doesn't expect any interruptions. At this point she would normally turn around calmly and address the intruder with a sweet smile on her face, and try to get them to leave as quickly as possible. However, as her guard was down, The Innocent Devil was undeniably unprepared for the large explosion to her left. And her reaction was one no one would expect from a Vampire like herself.

She Squeaked.

A rather undignified yelp from her accompanied by her flinching and raising a wing in front of herself. Unfortunately she had also been holding up a rather large energy orb at the time, which with her sudden lack of attention had begun to spark and quiver. “...Oh dear.” ...before promptly exploding and sending the Innocent Devil skidding across the floor and ending up in a heap, coughing at the dust cloud that formed.

“that... hurt...” climbing back to her feet she gave her wings a flap, clearing the cloud as well as brushing the dirt off her now tousled clothes. Shaking her head she turned her attention to the intruder and immediately froze, eyes wide. ...oh dear. One of Shinki's bunch. I should have expected as much but why here? Why now? ...inevitable I suppose. Damn, and it was such a good day too. Clearing her throat Elis crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at Yuki. “Quite the entrance. Shame about the timing but I can overlook that. So why, may I ask, are you here?”
Elis
Main Character

Postby Yuki » 20 Sep 2013 23:29

And Yuki does what any person met with this current situation would do. Hearing that high pitched shriek, followed by Elis' magic blowing up in her face? This is the part where she throws her head back in laughter.
"Pffftahahaha!"

Yeah, like that.

It takes a minute or two for Yuki to calm down, hunched over and clutching her sides. Schadenfreude is strong with this one. "Pff... hah... s-sorry, sorry! Whew..." A quick apology and standing up straight, Yuki gives a light bow to Elis. "Didn't mean t'scare ya like that. Well, maybe I did. Still, sorry."

Yuki quite quickly notices Elis' stunned expression once the... (vampire? Devil? It's hard to tell) catches sight of her. How odd. "Takin' a walk. Love it out here. S'calm. Saw pretty lights goin' off here, decided t'see what was goin' on. Yer pretty good, gotta say. Don't think we've met before... (even though y'look familiar as hell). Name's Yuki." the witch speaks, stepping forward and offering her hand. She opts against asking what Elis' odd look at her was for, at least for now.
“Everything within the ship must work in harmony. I was built to maintain harmony. Therefore, my will is absolute. Nobody will stand in my way. Anyone who tries... will be terminated!"

"...Kill you..."
Yuki
Main Character

Return to Forest of Magic