[Ask First] Your Daily Dose of Oni

Locations: Marisa Kirisame's House, Alice Margatroid's House, Kourindou, The Hakurei Shrine, Gate to Makai
Forum rules
The Forest of Magic is a place brimming with energy and power. The dense trees and deep magic that permeates the forest makes it almost suffocating, but also seems to attract a number of youkai. The forest isn't travelled by many, and only the strange or the magical choose it as their home. The forest is home to two magical beings, the human magician Marisa Kirisame and the youkai puppeteer Alice Margatroid. Marisa's house seems to double as a shop, an Anything-Goes type of store, but whether or not she does any actual business is something of a mystery. Kourindou, owned by Rinnosuke, is another shop on the edge of the Forest of Magic near the human village, and is frequently visited by humans and youkai alike. The Hakurei Shrine, cared for by the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei, also resides in a thinner area of the forest, near the great Hakurei border.

[Ask First] Your Daily Dose of Oni

Postby Suika Ibuki » 31 Aug 2013 19:11

Reimuuuu, good morning~

That voice wasn't an unusual one for the shrine maiden. As she always did, Suika went to visit Reimu and stop to chat and drink. It wasn't a visit per se, more like wasting the time of the Hakurei girl by bothering her with trivial situations, but an oni needed to have company, otherwise she wouldn't be the same party-happy person that all Gensokyo knew.

I know ya already got up, so come and greet yer friend Suika~

Persistent as ever, she took a chug on her sake gourd and kept waking around the shrine, looking for her daily friend. Usually she went to talk to Reimu when she had no better idea, since she always was a good listener and ready to hear the oni babble a lot without stop, even if she demonstrated the opposite. Always looking serious, but the friendliest human in Gensokyo. Not that she could avoid the multitude of supernatural beings, she attracted them like flies.

Don't be a cranky shrine maiden, we have a lot to talk today. Surely ya can take a day off to be with your friend~

For Suika, a lot to talk was her usual drunken shenanigans over Gensokyo. Maybe sharing some hot info about the village, about other youkais and all. Aside from punctual incidents, there wasn't a lot to add except for your typical slice of life.
Suika Ibuki
Alternate Character

Re: [Ask First] Your Daily Dose of Oni

Postby Reimu Hakurei » 01 Sep 2013 00:03

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
- The Rolling Stones, Paint it, Black

The Hakurei shrine maiden was never a dignified sleeper. Nor was she ever a dignified much of anything. She was sprawled out on her futon sideways, her pillow covering her face to shield it from the searching fingers of sunlight that came through the cracks in the rice paper door. Her clothes were strewn about the room in untidy piles, and her long legs were splayed like she'd fallen straight backwards and not bothered to so much as twitch out of place during the night. She was making a concerted effort to ignore the Oni in the room. She said nothing in response, perhaps hoping that Suika would go away and leave her.

It didn't take much to see a black pall was hanging over the maiden's head. She clung to the pillow with her hands as if it were her only solace, like Suika's resounding cheerfulness was destroying her last vestiges of hope for happiness. It was very likely true, all things considered. She never had any alcohol to spare anymore, thanks to the drunken monster. Her muffled voice resounded out from beneath the pillow, an abject denial of the powers of Morning to ruin her day forever.

"No. No. No no no no nooooooooooooooooooo."

Such is life in Hakurei Shrine.
Reimu Hakurei
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 01 Sep 2013 03:01

There'd be a loud knock on... something. Possibly a wall. Or the remains of a wall. Or, from the hollow sound, maybe it was a donation box? Regardless, it seems there was another visitor outside the shrine, who was calling out, "Hey, miko, where do ya expect people to put their donations?!"

A quick glance outside, and anyone with a half-working set of eyes would have a hard time missing the unexplained phenomenon that had come to visit the shrine, and wonder of wonders, it seems she'd come prepared to save her pantry from the desolation of Suika. Near the shrine's donation box, was a neatly stacked trio of kegs, with Yuugi Hoshiguma sitting demurely astride them, sipping from her dish and looking well pleased with herself.
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Postby Suika Ibuki » 01 Sep 2013 14:51

Reimu's denial of raising from her bed was only another reason Suika would keep bothering the maiden. It wasn't everyday that Suika would leave her usual dozing off in the morning to visit a friend. Usually, she got that motivation to raise early when the desired people didn't have the same idea. She was born to pester.

Don't leave me waitin', sleepin' maiden, or I'll-

And suddenly, a loud noise would be heard outside, and an even louder and booming noise came from the entrance. A voice the lil' oni knew better than anyone. None other than the mighty...

Yuugi!
Did you hear that, Reimu? Ya have another visit~
Don't worry, I'll greet her while ya get up~

As said, she left to the entrance of the shrine to greet her oni friend, but Reimu wasn't alone yet. Suika left behind a mini version of herself that went behind the shrine maiden's pillow and started to lift it with her strength. Even a mini Suika was strong enough to do the job.

I'll be here anyway, so ya don't keep Yuugi and me waitin'~

At the door, the cheerful oni spotted her giant pal, and quickly went to greet her in a party-like fashion. It wasn't everyday that Yuugi left the Old Hell, so every time they met was a proper time to celebrate, at least at the little oni's way of thought.

What a nice surprise to see ya here, at my friend's home, best pal Yuugi~
Ya came at the right time. I'm tryin' to make Reimu cheer up a bit, she's too moody and that needs to be corrected. Ya know how I work, every place with Suika is a party place~
Suika Ibuki
Alternate Character

Postby Reimu Hakurei » 04 Sep 2013 22:09

The reply was defiant at least: that pillow that caught itself on Suika's horns had to have been thrown with both hands at the very least. The girl sat up on her futon, sarashi about the only thing keeping her decent. It'd been interminably hot the last few nights and wearing anymore than that was basically asking to boil to death in a river of sweat. The Shrine Maiden of Paradise adjusted herself just enough to be presentable, and sluggishly lolled her eyes in the direction of the front door. This morning was just getting better and better, and now there was two of them. Or four, depending on if her head was going to stop swimming. Sudden, violent dry heaves at least made that loud rapping on her donation box stop.

No more curry rice washed down with mint flavored sake anymore.

At least not for another three months.

"No! Don't *blarrrrghhhh* I mean...Don't br-break it! Or I'll snap that horn off and shove it so far up your stupid excuse for a dress you'll walk on your toes for a week!"
Reimu Hakurei
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Yuugi Hoshiguma » 05 Sep 2013 02:37

Yuugi's reply to the miko's threat would be one of raucous, eardrum popping laughter, followed by a loud cheer as the oni spots Suika.

"Suika! Hah! I wouldn't have thought to catch ya here, of all places! Ya trying to become a miko too? It doesn't pay well, but I guess people bring ya free booze once in awhile, so that's not too bad!"

She'd skip a beat as she noticed the small oni's unusual headwear, before inquiring.

"Is that the new style of hat everyone wears around here? Or is the Hakurei girl tryin' ta get a new fashion going and cash in?"

Once Reimu deigns to grace her visitors with her divine presence, she'd notice that the donation box seems to have weathered the oni's physical assault better than some buildings would have. Probably don't make things like they used to. Just as well, then!

"Hey, shrine maiden, I brought ya a donation, but it won't fit in the box. Bring some cups and some food and let's make an offerin' to the gods! And make it snappy, or else the devas'll take all the credit for it!"

She'd holler in the direction of the shrine's inner areas. Well, was it hollering when one's voice was like a taiko drum and rolled around an area for a minute or two after the speaker finished?
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Main Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 11 Sep 2013 02:13

There sure was a lot of shouting going on in the morning.

Well, other than the usual chasing off youkai and fairies being fairies, it was more like people that were about to have one hell of a shin-dig, or a danmaku fight was about to start and in any case, this was something that the witch had to see.

It was the usual routine trip to the shrine maiden, seeing how things were and seeing what jobs she can steal from her or just have the usual chat about current events over some scented teas or if Suika was around, the earthly sake.

But it seems that the oni occurrence had double today as Marisa arrived on her broom, first swiftly passing over like she usually does to see if Remui was even home. With the spotting over Yuugi and Suika there was no way she was going to pass this up even if Reimu wasn't home. Something was going to happen and she'll be damned if she wasn't going to be involved one way or another

"Yo!"

Marisa calls out to the two oni as she landed near the porch, taking a moment to figure out why there were two oni, but instead rises up and important question as her nose twitches and she gains a sour expression on her face. "Ugh. Either you two have mixed up a bunch of repulsive sake or someone has been practicing their stomach acid danmaku." The witch said in disgust.

But there was a bigger picture missing, like something that was out of place that should have been there. Oh right! A Hakurei shrine without a Hakurei.

"Where is Reimu? Did she leave for something or is she being lazy again? If she's still in bed someone needs to roll her out and I think the person with the most horns should do that."

Behold, the powering of extra poking.
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Suika Ibuki » 18 Sep 2013 22:28

Pof~

Even the pillow in her head couldn't stop the little pandemonium. If it had some holy seals, then it would itch a bit, but nothing she couldn't handle. Always smiling, Suika kept the conversation with Yuugi after she turned a bit to Reimu and let out a simple message:

I shall put it on the sun for ya~
Ahahahaha, ya know how I like this place, Yuugi, Reimu is such good company to me. Old lady Yukari likes to visit too, so the chances of a friendly meetin' is always high.
And this? Just yer old friend tryin' a new combination, I have to keep popular with the human crowd and fluffy shrine maiden pillows are in. Betcha it could even net a few coins with some of her powerful fans~

Another big gulp of her sake, and a hearty laugh. Even Reimu wasn't free of Suika's friendly pokes. Deep in her heart, the lil' oni wanted someone to answer and cause an incident, they were always fun and full of opportunities to brawl some Gensokyo top entities. For someone as old as Suika, chances were that she always had a similar day once, be it near or far.
But not as today. Oh, no... This was a special day, with both onis on the Hakurei's yard, and the Ordinary Witch coming from the distance. Marisa was good on Suika's book, a girl full of energy and ready to rumble everytime.

Yooooo, black-white witch, nice of ya to visit us~

As if the temple was Suika's home already. It was a fact, she spent a LOT of time there.

No no no, how could ya say I would dare to offer foul drinks... I am an oni, and my kind only accepts the highest quality of the good ol' sake. Yer second guess is right though, Reimu is having a bad day. She's inside with one of my pocket-sized "me", so don't worry, she'll come to us in a minute~

While the big Suika distracted Marisa, the mini oni was inside, coping with the strong smell and Reimu's foul mood. Nothing she never experienced though, the Old Hell was full of drunkards barfing here and there once. Mostly weaklings who couldn't hold their liquor.

Ya heard it, Reimu, yer best friend Marisa is here to see ya~
I think four is a nice number for a jolly reunion, so up you go~
Suika Ibuki
Alternate Character

Return to Forest of Magic