[Open] A new menu for an old stand

Locations: Marisa Kirisame's House, Alice Margatroid's House, Kourindou, The Hakurei Shrine, Gate to Makai
Forum rules
The Forest of Magic is a place brimming with energy and power. The dense trees and deep magic that permeates the forest makes it almost suffocating, but also seems to attract a number of youkai. The forest isn't travelled by many, and only the strange or the magical choose it as their home. The forest is home to two magical beings, the human magician Marisa Kirisame and the youkai puppeteer Alice Margatroid. Marisa's house seems to double as a shop, an Anything-Goes type of store, but whether or not she does any actual business is something of a mystery. Kourindou, owned by Rinnosuke, is another shop on the edge of the Forest of Magic near the human village, and is frequently visited by humans and youkai alike. The Hakurei Shrine, cared for by the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei, also resides in a thinner area of the forest, near the great Hakurei border.

[Open] A new menu for an old stand

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 31 May 2013 12:48

It had been a long trip and a lot had occurred while she was gone but at the same time she also learned a lot while she was out. So many people had considered her to have a 'bird brain' and thought that she forgot things all the time, but that most certainly wasn't true. Not only did she run this stand without issue, she was able to recall and make new recipes without any issue. Okay she panicked a lot about a lot of things but she wasn't exactly a strong youkai so she had to make sure to keep herself safe!

Her home... well it didn't look to terrible after her absence. No one had tried to move in while she was gone, the sign stating that the stand would be closed until her return was still up, the tree that came up through the center of the home was still standing and looking quite good, The stand with her grill and all her tools was still standing and not damaged, even the tables that she had left out in the small yard around her were still there! This was the perfect spot for everything really and now that she was back it was time to open up her stand again.

First thing was first though.. the house needed to be opened up and aired out along with the stand and cleaning... ahh it wasn't exactly a relaxing return to her home but in a way she was looking forward to it. It was still fairly early in the day and she was actually eager to get everything set up again. She sang as she worked, opening up all of the storm doors and getting her futon aired out and making sure that nothing was to dusty in her home. the stand was the next step, making sure that everything that was still around and good. She had forgotten about a couple of spices that had a shorter shelf life and had to get rid of a few things but nothing to expensive needed to be replaced. It was a nice way to spend the day, but as the sun started to set her singing got quieter as she got more and more tired, ending up napping for almost an hour on her porch with a cup of tea, just enjoying the peace of the end of the day. It took until after sunset to finally get everything cleaned up and opened up again but she still needed food for the stand itself!

She had more than a dozen new recipes that she wanted to try out and lots of different things she wanted her customers to try. Fortunately for her, she was able to get the meat and vegetables from the suppliers she normally went to, all of them glad to see her once again after such a long absence. It took until the moon was at its highest for the evening until food was finally prepared, but she hoped that at least a few people would show up to her stand... the new menu looked a bit crude with her hand written new menu items but hopefully it was at least legible for the people who wanted to try something other than her now famous lamprey skewers.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Re: [Open] A new menu for an old stand

Postby Yuuka Kazami » 03 Jun 2013 03:11

Completely unaware of Mystia's condition or return or much of anything, a particularly well known member of Gensokyo was straying into her path.

Yuuka Kazami had left her garden today to venture into the forest in search for any interesting plant life in the vicinity. A small escape from company, she had hoped, an event-less evening, she had hoped, a day away from monotony , she had hoped. How true that was, she knew, could go from nothing to everything in the snap of fingers- or bone, or minds. From sun rise to sun fall, Yuuka had managed to make a nameless appearance in the forest and had enjoyed her stroll and was thanking her good fortune.

So, when she stumbled into the stand, she figured her luck could see her through a perfectly quiet dinner in a rather empty lamprey establishment in the middle of the night.

The gardener ducked into the stand with her parasol closed and its hook slung into the crook of her arm, with a rather pleasant smile. In the same arm, her hand held a small basket with samples of plants she had found interesting."Good night," the green haired cooed taking a seat and setting the basket and parasol in the seat next to her."It seems you have a fresh menu, night bird. " She said so as her red eyes scanned the scrawny letters, observing quite curiously,"Care to give me any recommendations~?"
Yuuka Kazami
Free Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 08 Jun 2013 00:31

Mystia gave a bright smile to Yuuka when she saw her come to her stand. It really had been awhile since she had seen Yuuka, not having much contact with her since visiting her home with Wriggle and Aki. She wiped her hands off on her apron before waving happily to her,

"Yuuka-san! Its been such a long time since I've seen you, I hope everything has been going well for you~." Her smile got even brighter at the mention of her new menu, feeling so proud about her newest accomplishment, "Yes! I've been out studying how to make some new dishes for my stand but instead of a few things it turned out.. ahh well I can make a bunch of things now! I still have to get some things to make everything properly for my stand but don't worry I'm sure I can improvise a little if I need to! Ooh I'm sorry where are my manners.. " She squinted a little to look more closely at her own handwriting, obviously still having a little bit of trouble saying the terms properly, "I have.. Szechuan... Guangdong... aaannndd Fujian dishes now. Now I know those may sound a bit different from usual so it might be a little scary but don't worry! Its a very similar style to the way I used to cook things and the taste is quite good! Oooh as a sample I have some stiry-fry vegetables (yes spelled wrong on purpose), Lo mai gai or some dim sum for you to try out first before ordering something else. Which would you like to try first?" After she set the menu back down her wings flapped and fluttered happily looking rather proud of herself for being able to pronounce the words properly more than being able to cook them. She carried over a tray with a sample of each of the food she mentioned, each in a different bamboo container, "Please give it a try~"
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Murasa Minamitsu » 08 Jun 2013 08:23

Some nights, you're starved for choice.

Some nights, you're just starving. Close enough.

As a ghost with no need to eat in the first place, neither was strictly true, of course, but it was the spirit of the thing. No pun intended. Got to eat somewhere, is the point, and maybe get a few drinks in, too. Now, there were other places to eat, obviously, like the temple, but you could only do that so many times - sooner or later, you get sick of living on cabbages and fried sutras, enough to start wanting some real food.

Nothing against the boss, of course, but monks were a funny bunch. When a ghost thinks you don't know how to live, well, maybe something's gone wrong. No offense, naturally.

Now, this stall... well, sure, there was talk of some scam with grilled lampreys and curing blindness or whatever it was. Anyone barmy enough to eat lampreys had it coming, unnatural little monsters that they were. Now, that's not to say the little bird could be trusted, you understand. After all, no good ever came from a siren, if Murasa's years at sea had taught her anything. Got to be careful around those types.

On the other hand, who else had a stall up at this time of the night, really?

She enters the stand, finds a chair and hops onto it, all in the space of about two steps. Whatever her thoughts on the owner of the establishment, she looks up at Mystia with a wide smile, without so much as looking at the menu. Those only existed in case the first five requests got shot down, anyway. After a moment, she shakes off the cold from the night enough to speak up.

"Evening, fog bird. Got anything with lime in it? Haven't had a chance to eat one of those yet today - just go with vinegar if that's out. Got to keep healthy, see; it's the little things that get you if you're not careful. Slack off for one lazy day, and boom, old man scurvy's gone and set your house on fire." Nodding to herself, quietly satisfied with her own unwarranted wisdom, she only notices the company a while later.

"Huh. Didn't know you were about this late at night, Daisyhead." Obviously, flower-for-brains would be more to the point, but that was just rude. Most likely the 'two drink later' brand of rudeness.

"Thought you'd be sleeping in the fields around now, got to turn your head all the way east by morning and all that. What's got you out here?"
Murasa Minamitsu
Alternate Character

Postby Yuuka Kazami » 12 Jun 2013 03:04

"I have been faring well, just a few minor arguments here and there, dear," Yuuka smiled at Mystia and her exploding enthusiasm. Before the gardener had much a chance to say anything, the nightbird was lashing out with menu option after menu option, reminding Yuuka of those children with new toys to show. It was cute to say the least. "There will be no need for sampling, I trust your cooking just fine~" Yuuka snickered holding a hand up at the bamboo containers, "I will gladly try one of your new dishes as they do seem rather interesting."

"I will have some of that ----" Interrupting Ghost warning. How pesky. The new guest came through as tad impertinent, but Yuuka held her tongue and let her talk about non-sense remedies to illnesses that most certainly couldn't affect her; What sort of Ghost got sick? She is already dead afterall!

"As I was saying, I'd have some of th---...." Daisyhead? Why she had no particularly affection for daisies... "I do value a good night's sleep, where you heard that nonsense about me turning my head eludes me, captain... though perhaps I should not call you captain. Bad memories and all?" Yuuka tapped her nails on the counter,"As I was saying,if I could have some Lo Mai Gai? And any drink you recommend with that dish, Nightbird~"

"Why are you here yourself, ghost? Has your ship strayed from your port yet again?"
Yuuka Kazami
Free Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 17 Jun 2013 09:23

Mystia really did feel like a child with a new toy to show off. Even the people that had taught her how to make these new recipes and dishes were impressed how quickly she had picked everything up and that only made her ego get even bigger than it had been before. This was the first real test though since she hadn't had a chance to try her cooking on anyone that she had known just yet. Though for now she had another customer! When Murasa arrived she bowed politely to her, smiling warmly to her in return,

"Welcome~ its nice to have you h- huh? Fog.. bird?" She stared curiously at Murasa, she'd never heard THAT nick name before. Is that what people called her? That... well it was hard to know WHAT to make of that really. As she was thinking about this she almost missed her request. She stopped to think about it for a minute.. did she even have any limes? Citrus in general was a little hard to get her hands on... and even with all the things she normally cooked and everything new she could make... anything with lime... hmm... nope not that she could think of,

"I... don't think that I do have any recipes with limes... or much with anything citrus in general. I have plenty of vegetables and spices that have a lot of nutrients in them. Is there anything else that you'd like? I have a whole new selection of dishes that have a lot of vegetables in them! Ahh vinegar is easy enough though but... wait what's scurvy?" This person really was talking about some odd things but if she wanted something to keep away that.. thing she was talking about then then she could probably whip up something easily enough. "Well I could always add it to my lamprey sauce.. it might be a little bitter even with the sauce... ooh! I could add the new sauce I learned how to make to lamprey skewers too! It'll be spicy but it will most certainly have vinegar in it." She nodded proudly before handing the container with the lo mai gai to Yuuka,

"Please tell me what you think of them! I'm sure they turned out okay though..." Okay she wasn't a a hundred percent confident with her cooking just yet. Sure everyone that she learned fr4om said she did wonderfully... but still... well whatever, she just had to try.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Murasa Minamitsu » 19 Jun 2013 08:19

"Parked it right outside!" Murasa answers without skipping a beat, followed by the blare of a ship's horn, right on cue. There was no ship outside, of course, that would be completely ridiculous. No, the centuries she had were time enough to pick up a little skill in ventriloquism and mimicry, that was all.

Still, she should borrow a boat and park it outside, one of these days. Wouldn't be right, never making good on that sort of claim.

"And I didn't hear it, as such. It's more... sailor's intuition. Wisdom of the ages. Something I heard on the wind. One half truth and three halves masterful storytelling, you follow?" Fast talking and a bright smile; people listened to the voice and saw the face talking to them, long before they usually thought to listen to the words.

"All good, I won't share your secret with anyone. Well, besides foggy over here-" She holds up a hand to cover her mouth in shock, suddenly looking absolutely mortified. "Oh, well pardon me, you're no daisy at all! Awful sorry about that, excuse an, uh... overwhelmingly youthful sailor's memory. Can't remember a single thing lately."

All smiles again, she leaves her seat briefly for an exaggeratedly formal bow towards Yuuka, even going so far as to remove her cap momentarily in a gesture of respect.

"Pleasure to meet you, madam Lettuce. Or, uh... that wasn't your sister, by any chance, was it? I tell you, it's a right nightmare keeping all the names in your family straight. I mean, with all the green on your head, it feels like a safe bet, but..."

The instant Mystia broaches the subject of lampreys, the captain pales rapidly, shaking her head at the sparrow, even waving her hand back and forth. "No, that, uh... I'll pass. Can't abide lampreys. I'll take a couple of those dumplings with the sin'ster numbers on them, the whatsitcalled. You know. Dark sums or something like that? Few of those with all the spice you can pile on, and a bottle of vinegar, if you please."

Content for the moment, Murasa settles onto her chair, feet tapping at the base of the counter. This just might be a fun night after all.
Murasa Minamitsu
Alternate Character

Postby Yuuka Kazami » 29 Jun 2013 02:50

((Sorry for this delay; my computer's screen broke so I've had to carry about an old desktop monitor. I'll be posting from my mobile, so please bare with me! ))

The ship's horn made her raise and eyebrow and turn to look out; but she knew it was far too silly for a ship to be outside! Yuuka's eyes shifted back to the captain," If you are as good a parking as your are at staying afloat, I'd better sit far away and avoid you hitting the stand while making an exit , captain." She hardly move though; why should she fear a none existent boat? Besides, if Murasa was driving it, she'd be safe and sound.

Her smile turn real as she faced Mystia and took her order,"Thank you very much, Nightbird-" And Murasa kept running her mouth,"Intuition you say, you have such thing ? Oh pardon me; despite being youthful as you put it, you are a seasoned mariner; it must involve some intuition not to sail into the eye of the storm.... A friendly reminder .... Try not to drown in your glass, I know open waters are dangerous for you." She held up her own drink in a gesture of 'cheers' smiling sweetly before taking a polite sip.

Yuuka makes a funny sort of face, a smile and a blink. Lettuce? Family? This ghost was really tripping out on her vinegar. "Mh, no. My name is Kazami Yuuka, flower master of the four seasons. You may not have heard of me considering you spend so much time at sea, but I am one of the well known members of Gensokyo, Miss... Murasa?" She set her glass down. "You must be quite old to say you know my family though~ "

Family? The matter was foggy even to Yuuka. Time had passed through her, and with its flow, her memory had grown insipid. For now the idea seemed but a jest, a jest that made her chuckle at Murasa, and maybe a bit at Mystia who seemed a bit concerned as to where this was going.

"Oh, but what brings you here captain? Sailing to uncharted waters is always a danger to the ship and its crew. Particularly, I see you are alone. Why set anchor here in search for Vinegar and lemons?" Yuuka asked truly curious. She knew the question would have been made at any point, so she simply hastened the matter by taking initiative.
Yuuka Kazami
Free Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 04 Jul 2013 00:41

Mystia couldn't help but jump when she heard the ship's horn. Almost dropping the platter that she had in her hand as she started to look around the small clearing by her home wondering if there actually WAS a ship parked out by the road that led to the human village. Part of her wanted to go and see no... was there a boat? Did... did she find a way to make a boat travel across land?? Was Murasa THAT good of a captain?! No... no no no... that couldn't be true, no way.

The only thing that was able to pull her out of her questioning state was when she saw Murasa pale at the mention of lamprey. She seemed to be more than a little adverse to the idea of it too... what was wrong with lamprey? Its WAY better than chicken, in fact no one should eat chicken and everyone should eat sea food! Sure she didn't have access to every kind of seafood but lamprey and fish were better than any kind of bird dish that anyone could make! Hmph well if she didn't want any of her signature dish then -fine-. Not letting this bother her (openly at least) she gave a professional smile to Murasa before she went back to teasing Yuuka,

"Ahh! Dim Sum, yes I can do a szechuan version of that, it'll just be a few minutes!" She went back behind the counter of her stand, singing a little to herself while the two shots jibs at one another. Before getting the actual dim sum started though she opened a container with fresh, white rice, scooping out a small bowl full and placing one by Murasa and another by Yuuka before closing up the container again and going back to her ingredients, taking out her glasses from inside her yukata so she could read the recipe better. Sure she learned how to make this stuff but it wasn't completely in memory just yet and the person who wrote the recipes down for her had pretty small handwriting... it was like trying to read Aya's newspaper, who could actually read print that small?

"Chiu-chao... hmm that's interesting. Oooh lots of stuff in this one." She was mainly thinking out loud as she started to gather up the ingredients, humming softly to herself as she checked the pot of water she had... okay it was low she really had to figure out a way to keep water boiling without it disappearing so quickly.. maybe a lower fire. Hmm something to thin kabout later, for right now she went about mixing together the ground pork, peanuts, mushrooms and radishes together, smirking a little to herself, still quite proud that she was able to learn how to make something so different from what she'd known before. She knew this would be the best for her stand and for all of her friends.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Murasa Minamitsu » 10 Jul 2013 09:52

"What, a glass of water? Dangerous? For me?" Murasa drained the glass in one go, placing it back on the counter and laughed, no, practically cackled at the sheer absurdity of Yuuka's warning, mocking or not. More than being offended, if anything, she was quite pleased that even someone so far out of the way knew her reputation well enough to throw a proper barb her way.

"Nah, that was years ago. Come on, I'm dead. D-e-a-d. Dead. Chucked in Davy Jones's locker, booked a trip on the old viking pyre ship, bought the big seaweed farm under the waves, lay down till I sprouted a nice crop of headstones, you name it. Still feel the sea in my poor little ghostly lungs every time I move or breathe, but it's not drowning me twice, is it now? Can't have me taking panic stations over a bit of rain, either."

Deciding not to trouble Mystia for the moment, the captain instead pulls out the wooden ladle, pouring some more water into the glass; all this walking and talking was doing much too well at keeping her thirsty. No point bothering the busy bird over it, though.

"That aside, I'm here for the same reason you are. Well, mostly the same. Fancied a good drink and meal, and the temple's got neither. Figrit's best to come out here, see what I can find. And... dangerous? Really? 'S either daft or funny of you, depending on whether that's a threat or not; talking bilge either way. But, ah, I reckon I shouldn't be troubling you any more. No point talking to anyone with a head full of flowers, you follow?"

Letting the remark hang in the air for a few seconds, Murasa drains her glass again - yes, the hip flask was tempting, but that would just be rude - before looking back at the green-haired youkai, all smiles and sincerity, sounding almost apologetic. Almost.

"Now, I don't mean that as an insult, before you go running off with the wrong idea. Nothing like that at all! It's a real first-rate compliment and title, in some of the places I've been to. 'Course, it depends on the flower. Take Poppy, f'r instance. All over Britain and China, people just couldn't wait to get their head full of flowers. They'd do anything for that sort of distinction, see? 'Poppy-headed', we'd call them, biggest tribute you could pay anyone. Real matter of honour, too, keeping that sort of title, stopping anyone from getting their grubby mitts on your precious poppy. Why, I hear they even went to war over it!"

With the tone of one imparting an important lesson, old and sage advice, Murasa nods gravely and continues on. It simply wasn't her style, giving others time to get a word in. Who knew what they might say if you gave them half a chance?

"Meant you had something of a healing touch, it did. Medicinal. Some real otherworldly wisdom, too, mark my words - why, talk to a few of the old poppy-headed sages back in the day, and you'd hear things no one else would ever say or come up with! 'S something to be proud of, I'll tell you that. Yuuka Kazami, queen of the Garden of the Sun, Flower Master of Four Seasons and... nah, 'Poppy-headed' sounds a bit too normal for someone like you. How about 'empress of the Qing poppies', hmm? Now there's something you can brag about to all the world."

Murasa cut off abruptly - and perhaps mercifully - and let out a small, uncharacteristic sigh, leaning back in her chair. Given that the chair had no back to speak of, it was a small miracle of balance that she even stayed on top of it at all in the first place.

"...Buuut there's not much for us to say to each other, I'll bet. Nothing wrong with you, o' course. Just too noble for my blood, is what it is." She shrugs as if it were the most ordinary explanation in the world, flashes Yuuka a polite little smile, and turns to Mystia instead, peering over the counter and leaning forward a little. There was something oddly fascinating to her about watching food being cooked.

"Say, fog bird, I heard you've taken to singing again? Talk of the whole temple, ever since our own little barker got wrapped up in it. How's that been working out, anyway?"
Murasa Minamitsu
Alternate Character

Postby Yuuka Kazami » 13 Jul 2013 01:30

Yuuka watches carefully as Murasa downs her glass as if to prove something - no. To prove something was precisely why. Who did this 6-feet-under girl think she was fooling? Quite comical, it was, and Yuuka did appreciate a clown's act every few decades. For now, those comments were tucked under her tongue, even the Flower Master had some respect for people flailing for a proper comeback of sorts or whatever it was people called it now days.

"That was a nice trick. You are brave to put more water in you. I am rather amazed someone can survive water damage so long, but I am to suppose that , as you said, you are nice and cold deep in the depths of a sea in the coasts of Okinawa and what not. At least the weather never changes down there; these climate changes simply do not suit me here in Gensokyo," she sighed innocently taking her glass and sipping her drink calmly as Murasa proceeded to call her the typical flower head nickname before continuing with further insults.

Yuuka's sweet, soft smile widened as Murasa continued and continued. As if Yuuka had no idea what poppy was. "Prithee, it is quite the title, but I already have mine: 'Flower Master of the Four Seasons.' " She throws a look to Murasa before she turns to Mystia. "You knowledge of plants is as good as your knowledge of swimming, and I presume all you really know about swimming is the dead man's float. "

"Oooh you sing?" Yuuka smiled at Mystia,"I have a trio of lovely poltergeists who simply adore making a racket; I am sure you four would get along."
Yuuka Kazami
Free Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 19 Jul 2013 12:51

Mystia was only really partially listening to the banter between the others now. Her focus was mainly on her cooking, trying to fill the order and remember all the tips and techniques that were taught to her over the past several months. Some of the things were pretty easy to remember, after all she'd been cooking for so long now that most any kind of cooking was second nature to her... okay baking wasn't but that's a completely different KIND of cooking so she couldn't be expected to know how to do everything. Well she wanted to but the more types of cooking she went to learn the harder it was to remember all the finer points of everything that needed to be done and the last thing she wanted to do was disappoint her customers and having something turn out poorly because she forgot a step or forgot to add an ingredient, oh right extra vinegar, made her lose customers pretty quickly. Youkai were picky after all and if they got upset about their meal, they tend to hold onto a grudge about that sort of thing and she really didn't like losing customers.

What finally did catch her attention was the mention of her singing again. Well technically she never actually stopped singing, she probably never would, she was a sparrow after all! Its part of her life! She smiled brightly to the both of them, stuffing the filling into the hand sized (Mystia's hands of course) dumplings that she was preparing for Murasa,

"Choujuu Gigaku? Oh yes! I really need to get back together with Kyouko-chan and see when she'd like to do another concert. I missed doing those so much when I was out traveling.. seeing all the people, playing my guitar, hearing Kyouko singing... aahh.." She sighed happily, a wide smile on her face as her wings fluttered happily behind her, "Those concerts are such a great source of stress relief. Just letting loose and playing as loudly as I can, seeing all those happy faces in the audience and being so... free." Her happiness was cut a little short though... hearing about 'them'. Her wings instinctively flapped a little behind her, a feather falling loose as she cleared her throat, taking out her anger on the rest of the rice flour covering of the dumpling as she laughed a little to Yuuka,

"Ahh.. the Prismriver sisters? They're the only trio of poltergeists that I know... and the last time they heard our band they called us 'hacks' and other very impolite things. I'm not sure where they get these ideas of us being inferior to them or our music not being as good as what they play... hmph...." She trailed off, muttering to herself about things that had been said between them and how much they really DIDN'T get along. She still had to get them back for interrupting her and Kyouko's concert time with that pathetic excuse for a competition.. people came to see THEM that night, not the trio of girls who hadn't updated their music in -ever-.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Murasa Minamitsu » 24 Jul 2013 13:25

Murasa does her best to stifle a laugh, then realises there is no need to, here, before letting out a small snort of derision at Mystia's report. Unbelievable, really. They were fine musicians and all, no doubt there, but you had to know what you were getting into, with competition like this. Reckless is what it was, simple as that.

"They said that, did they? Listen, I don't know a lot about music. Me, I just play a fiddle now and then. All I know is, if they think they can beat a siren's song - no 'fense, just telling you what I see - then they're out of their little ghostly minds. Just not something you can do, you know? Right there in the job description."

A rare thoughtful look crosses her face, and after a moment's deliberation, she adds "used to sing a fair bit myself, actually. Can't, uh... demonstrate now, mind you. Don't really know any songs for polite company. Part of why I went out of practice; the boss and most of the sorts at the temple are about as polite as company gets, see?"

Though the ghost looks quite disappointed at this, like many of her moods, it lasts for all of a second or two, before being swept away by the next idea or whimsical mood. For the moment, she seems content to stick with a small, approving nod in the direction of the sparrow. She probably couldn't see, but that was besides the point.

"Going to have to see one of those concerts, one of these days. 'Part from anything, I'll never get little miss floppy-ears to stop yapping at me otherwise."
Murasa Minamitsu
Alternate Character

Postby Aya Shameimaru » 03 Aug 2013 20:30

"Concerts like that are way too noisy for anyone's eardrums unless you're wearing earplugs or several yards off."

A fierce downward gust followed that lone statement as a missile hit the ground! Wait, no it was just Aya Shameimaru, Tengu reporter extraordinaire! Okay so the extraordinaire part was just said in her head, but it was still Aya. Thankfully for everyone present, and probably Aya's own safety from possible anger of three youkai, the winds were more centralized towards where she was and weakened considerably as it spread, only lightly ruffling the stall and the hair and feathers of the others.

"So I see you got your stall back to this place huh? Not too bad a spot, always got some wandering youkai looking for a bite." The tengu takes her seat at the stand, sitting near the edge of the place, mostly because it lets her look a bit mysterious, and also because if things go danmaku, she could make the quick getaway. Looking towards Mystia with a slight wave of the hand at Murasa and Yuuka as a rather casual hello, Aya looks over the stand's menu. "Hmm...Dunno what a lot of these stuff are. The names kinda remind me of what the SDM's gateguard shared last time I met her. Why not pick something and let me have it, Mystia. And a nice bottle of sake to sample it with!"
Aya Shameimaru
Main Character

Postby Letty Whiterock » 04 Aug 2013 13:54

It certainly had been a while since the snow woman had last come to Mystia's stand, but she was in the area and was in the mood for a bite to eat. The fact that the night sparrow's stand seemed to be generating more than just the normal assortment of scents she was used to smelling there was just added incentive. Admittedly, she wasn't really privy to whatever conversation was going on right at the moment since she arrived at roughly the same time as Aya did, meaning that the wind burst kept her from pinpointing what the conversation was about.

Still, she made her own quiet appearance at the stand and took up a free seat. "Hello, Mystia. It's been a while." States the snow woman with a small smile. "Anything you'd recommend?"
Letty Whiterock
Main Character

Next

Return to Forest of Magic