[Open] A new menu for an old stand

Locations: Marisa Kirisame's House, Alice Margatroid's House, Kourindou, The Hakurei Shrine, Gate to Makai
Forum rules
The Forest of Magic is a place brimming with energy and power. The dense trees and deep magic that permeates the forest makes it almost suffocating, but also seems to attract a number of youkai. The forest isn't travelled by many, and only the strange or the magical choose it as their home. The forest is home to two magical beings, the human magician Marisa Kirisame and the youkai puppeteer Alice Margatroid. Marisa's house seems to double as a shop, an Anything-Goes type of store, but whether or not she does any actual business is something of a mystery. Kourindou, owned by Rinnosuke, is another shop on the edge of the Forest of Magic near the human village, and is frequently visited by humans and youkai alike. The Hakurei Shrine, cared for by the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei, also resides in a thinner area of the forest, near the great Hakurei border.

Re: [Open] A new menu for an old stand

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 15 Aug 2013 01:27

Now that she was back she really did have to get together with Kyouko again, she couldn't let her friend or their new band fall by the wayside completely after all. It was a great stress relief.. definitely for Kyouko since she seemed to put so much passion into what she did. Playing the guitar was pretty fun too, but belting out a song as loudly as possible usually was a lot better way to get stress out. She giggled a little at Murasa's nick name for Kyouko, she seemed to be full of nicknames for people,

"Ahh well if you really wanna sing the songs then I wouldn't mind really. I mean its not like all the songs I know and sing are completely... clean. Oooh, if I ever get a chance to set up my singing competition again you should come and sing!" Before she could explain much more about her singing contest a gust of wind caught her off guard. She flapped her wings and readjusted her kimono to get it wrapped up tightly against her, looking a little frustrated before she saw who it was.. what she said.. well that was kind of to be expected,

"Ah, Aya-san! Its good to see you again! Plus if concerts weren't noisy then they wouldn't be any fun! You should remember my singing contest up on Youkai Mountain! Didn't you put it in your paper??" She.. kind of wanted to be in the paper for that honestly, she worked hard on that and so did everyone who participated after all!

"Ahh! Yes, I'm back from my trip! I learned a whole bunch of things while I was gone and wanted to add all of it to my menu! I have Szechaun, Guangdong and Fujian dishes! They all have nice unique tastes to them, so I'll make up something from each for ya and of course some sake to go with it! It goes well with everything! I love having my stand here actually.. with it being so close to my home then I don't have to wear myself out flying back home after a long night!" Okay she was mainly saying that because it just added to the tab but hey.. she was a businesswoman after all. Seeing Letty she gave a bright smile to her, waving happily as she started making more dim sum,

"Letty! Its so good to see you again! Oooh so much of it is good! I could make you a nice sampling of things like I'm doing for Aya if you'd like, but umm.. would spicy things be.. bad for you? I mean.. I don't want you to get to warm after all." Yeah she really had no clue how Yuki-onna worked.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Murasa Minamitsu » 13 Sep 2013 11:15

"Ah, you're too kind, really," the sailor answers to Mystia, but soon shakes her head anyway. "...But not tonight, I think. Maybe I'll see about it once I've got a couple buckets down me."

Murasa glances towards the door for a second, mildly surprised, as youkai commence practically pouring out of the woodwork. Still, the more the merrier. Might take a little longer for her meal to turn up, of course, but that was never really a problem. What was she going to do, starve?

"Feast for crows, eh? Haven't seen one of those in a while," she remarks, leaning back in her chair with one eyebrow raised as she looks the tengu over. After a moment's observation, she continues, clearly amused by what she sees. "So, sc- nah, you couldn't scare a fly, let's just stick with 'crow'. What's got you so peckish, hmm? Who died?" The captain looks down slowly, with a look of dawning realisation, then back up at the reporter.

"...Right. 'Course that'd do it. I'm right flattered, I think." She almost says something more, but finds herself quickly distracted by Letty's presence. She nods approvingly once or twice, clearly at ease with the rather unnatural cold brought in by the latest visitor.

"So that's what the famous 'chill of the grave' feels like, eh? Interestin', never got the chance to look into it, m'self." She extends a hand towards the yuki-onna with a bright smile. "Captain Minamitsu Murasa. Pleased to meet you, though that might just be the... water... talking? Nah, you're probably alright." If her hand passed entirely through Letty's own, well, that couldn't be helped. Good for giving people a scare the first time around, anyway.
Murasa Minamitsu
Alternate Character

Postby Aya Shameimaru » 14 Sep 2013 15:01

"Of course your concert was in the papers, Mystia." Aya told the sparrow, a light breeze flowing through the stall to ruffle the cook's hair. "And that all sounds like delicious food to me. Let's have what you got and keep the drink's flowing!"

The tengu spared Letty a brief glance and a wave, her hand already reaching for a bottle of sake to pour her a drink which she proceeded to quaff in one go. Pouring herself a second, Aya's attention was diverted by Murasa as she shifted in her seat to better face the sailor spirit. "Crow works fine, but if you cross me, scares would be the least of your worries." was the tengu's retort, her own amused look matching Murasa's. "And you're not anything to be overly concerned about dead. Or maybe we need to take you to Hakugyokurou and have you live amongst the ghosts?"
Aya Shameimaru
Main Character

Postby Letty Whiterock » 16 Sep 2013 22:55

"Spicy things? Goodness, that has more to do with taste than temperature. Spicy is fine, so long as there's something on hand to put the proverbial fire out if it becomes too much." The snow woman was an admittedly rather confusing individual when it came to ironing out her exact strengths and weaknesses, especially since she didn't make much of an effort to clarify. She did more or less trust Mystia's judgement about food though, since the night sparrow was a good enough cook to make most dishes taste good. "Anywho, temperature really isn't that much of an issue for me. I do enjoy body warmth, after all~" She sounds entirely too cheery about that.

That's when she noticed Murasa talking to her. Granted, she wasn't annoyed with the ghostly captain's assumption about her, she had her moments too after all. Granted, they were pretty few and far between, but that was beside the point. "Letty Whiterock, a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well." In one of those odd moments that made one wonder precisely what kind of spirit she was, the snow woman was able to successfully shake the ghost captain's hand. "Though I'm not sure how responsible I am for that 'chill of the grave' thing. I thought that had to do with ghosts lowering the surrounding temperature by default."

She might not be 100% aware of the chill she puts out though, or perhaps she was aware and was looking for a potential victim to steal heat from. Who knows?

The snow woman waved back to the tengu, looking her over briefly before deciding that the crow would probably be entirely too much effort to take home. Not unless said tengu got stinking drunk and the snow woman didn't.
Letty Whiterock
Main Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 20 Sep 2013 01:28

She couldn't help herself when she heard that her concerts were in the paper, well she knew the ones with her and Kyouko were in the paper but her whole contest thing was completely different. Knowing THAT was in the paper just made her feel even more proud of herself. It was something she had to do again, but that would be after getting settled back into her usual routine and found the same people she did before to help her with the stage and sound she had before,

"Well if some drinks are what you need in order to get singing... it seems like everyone else wants to have fun tonight so I don't see any problems with dipping into the sake to make sure everyone's happy! ...Just don't drink it all, I just got all of this in today." Despite what she did, she pulled a large bottle of sake from the shelf behind her, filling three small decanters for everyone with a bright smile. Knowing now that spicy wasn't a bad thing she immediately started to cook up some of the premixed Szechuan meat and vegetables she had, mixing everything up even more thoroughly before adding the dry seasoning to the mixture before getting the rice for the actual dumpling itself,

"These are called 'Tei-uu-chew dumplings' they're really good to start off with since they're not to filling. They have a chili dipping oil to go with them as well. They won't take to long, just need to get the rice for the dumplings ready~" The pronunciations were still a little difficult for her, so trying to sound it out phonetically was the best way to go really. The only words she had really gotten down were the ones that related to the style of cooking she was learning since she heard them so often while she was learning. As per usual she tended to keep quiet while her 'patrons' were talking, not wanting to interrupt anything that was being said between them unless she had something she knew she could add to it. More than anything it warmed her heart to be doing what she loved once again and being back in the home she knew so well.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Previous

Return to Forest of Magic