[Ask First] Manufacturer Warranty

Locations: Marisa Kirisame's House, Alice Margatroid's House, Kourindou, The Hakurei Shrine, Gate to Makai
Forum rules
The Forest of Magic is a place brimming with energy and power. The dense trees and deep magic that permeates the forest makes it almost suffocating, but also seems to attract a number of youkai. The forest isn't travelled by many, and only the strange or the magical choose it as their home. The forest is home to two magical beings, the human magician Marisa Kirisame and the youkai puppeteer Alice Margatroid. Marisa's house seems to double as a shop, an Anything-Goes type of store, but whether or not she does any actual business is something of a mystery. Kourindou, owned by Rinnosuke, is another shop on the edge of the Forest of Magic near the human village, and is frequently visited by humans and youkai alike. The Hakurei Shrine, cared for by the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei, also resides in a thinner area of the forest, near the great Hakurei border.

[Ask First] Manufacturer Warranty

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 08 May 2013 05:10

Although most people probably never realized it, everything in his shop was perfectly organized. Of course, from time to time Rinnosuke had to go through his stock and *ahem * inventory it. That was the task of the day for the shopkeeper. It was still early, and the shop was quiet. There was no better time to go through everything, and check his inventory. And he planned to finish the task of course. Just as soon as he finished with his book.

It was quite the interesting read. It seemed in the outside world they had created transport machines known as automobiles. Rather than requiring a beast of burden to pull they there were powered by a combustion engine. The engine was completely contained, and used a large sprocket to turn a knobby shaft known as a crank. The shaft in turn would push up flat cylindrical rods that compressed a volatile fuel, and the resulting explosion would force them back down. He wasn't quite sure how this would give the vehicle motion, but was looking forward to getting to that section.

He stopped reading for a moment and looked around his shop. He knew he had a few of the items that the book had listed for putting together the engine. The question was simply where they were. He wasn't sure he would have enough to build one, but it wouldn't hurt to see just what was on hand, but that was for later. Looking up form the book reminded him of his original task.

A disappointed look crossed his face as he closed the book. Solemnly he placed it on the counter, and returned to his duties.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Re: [Ask First] Manufacturer Warranty

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 10 May 2013 05:02

It’s been a bit since Marisa Kirisame had taking some time out of her busy life to visit the shop just on the edge of the forest. Well, more like she hasn’t found him to be carrying anything of interest last time she visited and before that she had her mini-hakkero repaired and even upgraded a bit with some stainless steel to help with wear and tear. While that’s been holding out on her, there was almost little to no reason to visit the shop keep as she was busy visiting Reimu and helping/stealing her work.

But now the witch drops to the ground and takes her broom into her hand as she opens the door, stepping inside. “Hey! Got anything worth looking at today. Maybe you’d be willing to part with something to.” How she plans to part with it, guess that’ll be up to fate and the shop keeper as she caught him just getting up from his counter and book. “I hope I’m not interrupting you. Not that I care it’s just easier to talk to you when you’re not in the middle of…” Marisa would put a hold on what she was about to say next as she looks around the shop, seeing as it was still the usual neat and tidy place. “Nah, you were just getting up to stretch as that happens when you sit around all day waiting for customers. You should find a good hobby or three. I can give you four if you want!”

Ah yes. That grin proves she was eager to have someone help her out with her projects of exploring the depths of her magical abilities and whatever hair brain scheme she comes up with when looking for types of powers, usually involving smash, grab, then run like Makai was after you.
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 18 May 2013 04:19

Just about the moment he stepped around the small counter, the door to his shop opened.

“Welcome.”

There might have been more to the greeting, but he stopped short when he saw Marisa. He walked over to s shelf with several items unceremoniously strewn across it, and started sorting through them, while she spoke. A look of displeasure crossed his face as he pulled down a small hoop attached too a hook. There was a large, noticeable crack in it. “I wasn't able to find anything of interest the last time I went out for wares.”

He dropped the hoop on the ground, and moved to the shelf below it. He started to rummage through the items, and responded again. “I have hobbies already, but right now I need to take care of the inventory.” He pointed to a small electric fan sitting on the counter. “Could you bring that here for me?”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 27 May 2013 01:47

“I guess you can call collecting strange things a hobby, though the fairies are no different even if they collect anything that they never seen before.” The witch looks over to the item the shopkeeper was pointing out, looking at it curiously. She’s seen them around before, a rare item but she recalls the people in the Bamboo Forest of the Lost having something similar to them, though didn’t they have a pair of rabbits powering it? And this cord thing with the metal ends, a few of the items she found and is keeping in her house has this. It was explained to her, but it didn’t interest her much as clearly this thing was useless by itself.

The witch picks up the item by the cord as you can trust grabbing something with metal blades, walking over and holding it out to Rinnosuke. “Here you go.” She would say with a mused tone, looking at all the items that have yet to be sorted out. “Geez, you must be slacking a bit. Even I remember you keeping up with your shop better than this. Maybe I should visit you more if you’re going to be this lazy.” Marisa would comment with a grin.

“By the way…” Marisa would start. “You said you didn’t find anything interesting, but did you find anything of magical value? Or better yet, something I can use for my training?”
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 08 Jun 2013 20:44

Rinnosuke took the fan from her, and dismissed her comment with an uninterested wave. How he handled his shop was his business. He righted the fan and placed it on the shelf. He shuffled though the other items on the shelf, mostly pushing them one way or another, but not really giving any semblance of organization. “I would think either of those would be considered 'interesting.' Wouldn't you?”

When he finished speaking, he stepped back and gave the shelving an appraising look. “Yes much better.” He continued speaking without turning to look in Marisa's direction. “No, I'm afraid I didn't find anything the last time I was out, But I might have something that could be of use to you. What exactly did you have in mind.”

As he finished speaking he started to survey the wares around his shop. “I don't think most of what's here would really be suitable for the kind of magic you practice. Still...” He walked over to another pile of goods. And pulled out a large black pot. “You might be able to make use of this. It's coated with a substance that helps to keep cooking form sticking to it. So it should be easier to clean. I guess it's rather aptly named 'Non-Stick Pan'”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 14 Jun 2013 20:32

"Anything can be interesting if you find a use for it." The Witch adds with a grin, taking note that the shop-keep does have his uses so is in fact interesting, but sadly she can't use him as a weapon or target practice or not yet anyways.

But that aside she would take the pan in both her hands, looking at it from top to bottom, then changes her gripe to holding the handle with a single hand while gliding her fingers along the inside, taking notice of this slippery coating. "Huh, I'm sense no power behind it. I would mind seeing how this works but other than my meals it really doesn't mean too much for me."

She sets the pan aside, deciding to make use of it later. "But I do have a few things in mind, one of which is that dangerous liquid metal in those glass tubes used to measure hot and cold. Also, I would mind if you had something that can repel inhaling the metal as it could means getting a visit from some a Shinigami, as wrapping a piece of cloth around your face doesn't always help and the last thing I need is to be another sick Magician. Lose Originality that way, you know?"
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 27 Jun 2013 04:35

“I do believe Miss Margatroid is in fine health too.” He gave Marisa a sly look. “I think I just hurt your 'originality,' didn't I?”

He let out a short sigh. “It's call mercury, and it's very dangerous. I don't keep any here, for obvious reasons.” Rinnosuke started sorting through the next shelf “As for something to breath through... I read a book that described a mask that clean the air. I'm not sure exactly how it worked, but I think I could probably try to make something similar.”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 13 Jul 2013 18:18

"Hmm?" Marisa gives the shopkeep a curious look before she just gives a smirk and folds her arms under her chest, giving off a confience if not cocky look. "My originallity comes in many unique forms and all in styles one wishes they can imitate. So, a nice try but no cigar big guy."

Oh yeah, she was proud of that little speech, but there was magic business to conduct! "An item that can filler air? I think that's another name for a theif mask, dust blocker, heard one human calling it a bandito mask.... Odd fellow." The witch would shake her head at that thought. "But if you're offering maybe it's something good, maybe, I'm not holding my breath but I will hold the pun I just made."
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 20 Jul 2013 21:05

“Then you should have held it from the start!” He commented as he walked passed her. “The item is called a gas mask. Wait here while I get the book.”

He walked in to the back room of the shop, which also served as his home. The book in question was a detailing of a enormous war that had happened in the outside world. Apparently it had involved many, if anot all of the nations that currently exist. It was very fascinating, and it decribed a lot of interesting items from the outside world.

After a few minutes of rummaging, he found the book he was looking for, and returned to the front. He sat the book on the counter, and took his seat. He opened it, and began thumbing through the pages. “Let's see here...”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 03 Aug 2013 05:02

A gas mask? That doesn’t sound too appealing, but if it helps with her magic studies then wearing it at home shouldn’t be an issue, though it’s lame that the shop keep doesn’t keep anything useful that she does need, but maybe this will prove its worth.

However, Marisa does what Marisa always does and looking around the shop while his back is turned…. And look at that, a book on the counter, which clearly if the intended reader left it there unmarked then the book is of no longer of use here, so burrowing it wouldn’t be an issue. She’ll look at the contents later as she slips it into within her dress. If it’s worthless just charge in and demand a refund two weeks later for selling a useless item or sell it back…. Nah, he’ll know. She’ll trade it at another shop for needed items. Thank you, Rinnosuke. You have furthered this witch’s funding for achieving the broader span she needs in today’s magic. Oh, she’ll give it back in due time.

When Rinno return, the Witch had made it back to her spot, looking around at different items in a curious, but very bored expression then perks up when he speaks out about the product, walking over to the man with eager eyes as she peeked over his shoulder to look at the context. “Well, a book is nice, but do you have the actually gas mask or as you going to fill me on how to make one, because if you’re going to to the latter then why not make it yourself?”
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 17 Aug 2013 18:25

Rinnoske stopped at a picture of a man with a black mask with two large round eyes, and a large cylinder hanging form the mouth area. He studied it for a second, mostly ignoring Marisa. He reached across the counter, and pulled a brush from a small ink pot, and quickly scrawled down a few words on a loose piece of paper. The shopkeeper looked back and forth from the book to the paper as he wrote, and then a few times after he finished, to be sure he had it all. Rinnosuke returned the brush to it's resting place, then turned back to the witch with the paper in hand.

“Oh, I intend to make it. You, however, will need to get me the supplies. You'll need some leather, metal, charcoal or other carbon, and think piece of glass.”

With that he pushed the list into her hands. “And you'll need to pay you tab. You owe me for another book as well.” He pointed to the corner of the counter where the book he was just reading previously sat.
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 21 Aug 2013 19:33

And there was Marisa looking over the shopkeeper's shoulder as curiosity got the best of her, but it was extremely beneficial in this case as if it was possible to filter out bad air that could poison an ordinary human then it would be possible to research can use the more hazardous experiments to increase her magic.

"It's like making a face of a youkai. Are you sure there isn't an spell to this? Because all I can gather from this picture is that this metal thing in the picture that looks like an almost flat can seems to be the filter for the air, but what is being used as a filter? Even cloth can't be that magical without some kind of enchantment to purify the air as it goes through it."

But Marisa looks at the list only to dart her eyes away with a make-shift innocent look. "Hey hey! Don't hold me responsible for your misplaced items. Do you blame your brush for misspelled words as well?"
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 31 Aug 2013 18:10

Rinnosuke shot Marisa an incredulous look. There was no doubt he didn't believe a word of what she said on the matter. It wasn't all that important though. What mattred now if if she could follow through with his instructions.

“It's the carbon. In layman's terms it pulls the impurities form the air. I will make the filter from it.”

He placed his hands on her shoulders and began to nudge her gently toward the door. “Now, off with you. If you want the gas mask as bad as you claim, then that list should be no problem. Try not to 'borrow' the materials.”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 02 Sep 2013 01:57

And Marisa just shoots Rinnosuke with a beaming smile, not seeming to break on the fact she did have the book, but it was time to move on as the thief of books has struck again. She'll just add it to her collection later on.

"Carbon based filler? Hmm, I can see how that would work. But it makes one wonder how much is can absorb and hold before you have to replace it. That sounds like something I could look into, not that I haven't studied it plenty of times, just now I have a new way of looking at it." Marisa muses to herself as she looks over at the list, then takes her attention off the paper to look at the shop-keep. "You're finally making yourself useful! I guess I'll be keeping you around for a bit longer." Jokes the Witch.

Tipping the brim of her hat, she would start to make her way towards the doorway. "Oh! A quick question. How quickly can you make everything when I obtain the items? Not to rush perfection but I do have plans and one of them doesn't include living as long as you. Plus I can't brag about your craftsmanship is I got nothing to brag about."
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Rinnosuke Morichika » 14 Sep 2013 04:40

“Quickly enough.” He stated flatly. “I have a few other things I need to take care of,” (He didn't) “but I'll get too it soon.”

the shopkeeper set about moving things around again. The action seemed pointless to anyone else. He was bsically moving one pile of junk to another location, but for him it was an important task to ensure the shop could run smoothly.

“When you've brought me something to work with, we'll discuss the matter of payment.”
Rinnosuke Morichika
Alternate Character

Next

Return to Forest of Magic