[Ask First] Memories of Makai

Locations: Marisa Kirisame's House, Alice Margatroid's House, Kourindou, The Hakurei Shrine, Gate to Makai
Forum rules
The Forest of Magic is a place brimming with energy and power. The dense trees and deep magic that permeates the forest makes it almost suffocating, but also seems to attract a number of youkai. The forest isn't travelled by many, and only the strange or the magical choose it as their home. The forest is home to two magical beings, the human magician Marisa Kirisame and the youkai puppeteer Alice Margatroid. Marisa's house seems to double as a shop, an Anything-Goes type of store, but whether or not she does any actual business is something of a mystery. Kourindou, owned by Rinnosuke, is another shop on the edge of the Forest of Magic near the human village, and is frequently visited by humans and youkai alike. The Hakurei Shrine, cared for by the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei, also resides in a thinner area of the forest, near the great Hakurei border.

Re: [Ask First] Memories of Makai

Postby Alice Margatroid » 07 Aug 2013 15:26

"I remember four lunatics destroying my home and beating my mother up for starting a tourism industry quite well. It's not the kind of childhood experience you usually forget." Alice shrugged, still speaking in a calm tone as if the past experience had nothing to do with her and who she currently was. "And if you want to anger immortal Lunarians, that's your business. You can see if you can do better than Yukari in dealing with them."

Mima's next comment on the other hand, made for actual tightening of Alice's already cool expression. "And what makes you think that you'd be any better than my studies or Byakuren's tutors? Actually, maybe the reason Marisa is still human is that you only taught her to blow things up. Did you ever consider that?...Yes, Reimu is absolutely willing to use the yin-yang orbs on humans." Really, Mima claimed to know Reimu and didn't know that. "I've seen her use them on Marisa back when the Moon was stolen."
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Mima » 17 Aug 2013 22:41

"I've made Marisa into an exception among humans," looking...confident, to put it mildly. "There might be one or two others that Reimu would use her orbs on, but the one who's closest to that Shrine Maiden is definitely my Marisa. It's the benefits of just focusing on blowing things up," she said with a smirk. "...And c'mon, can you really tell me that's not the kind of magic she wants to know anyways?"

She leaned back, now, nodding in self-satisfaction. "...So until Byakuren, that hakutaku, or you turn up aprotege on that level, I don't think I'll have a problem getting people to listen to me. I wonder how many people in the human village see Marisa as an idol, you know."
Mima
Main Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 23 Aug 2013 14:50

"You do know how children are influenced by the people who know them, right?" Not that Mima wasn't right, there weren't many humans other than Reimu who could really challenge Marisa. Especially not given how Youmu and Sanae were partly inhuman and who knew what Sakuya really was?

"I would hope not too many. I have enough disruptions of my work without a generation of children being told that theft is cool. I also haven't heard about the hakutaku being a magician of any sort." Not that she really felt confident that some of the other magicians, whether of the species or just youkai heavily engaged with magic, taking a protegé wouldn't be liable to lead to someone crazier than Marisa. A student of Yukari seemed like a disaster in the making, for example, and she was pretty sure that any student of Patchouli would just turn into another servant to gather materials from across Gensokyo.
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Postby Mima » 31 Aug 2013 21:04

"And they all know Marisa, so they all know me, the original model!" Mima proclaimed. "And if that Hakutaku isn't a magician and she's the only other role model they have - wow, this looks so easy it might get boring. Well, it'd be boring if I didn't have the promise of half-a-dozen wonderful young minions to work with," she said, now moving onto outright laughter.

"It's even something only I can pull off, don't you think? I mean, you might be human-like, and you could cast yourself as 'Marisa's equal' and maybe even pull it off, but it wouldn't have the same effect. The best I could probably do for a nice teacher with a rivalry is if I encouraged Yuuka to come and find a protege too. Someone to help her take care of her flowers. That'd be an interesting thing to watch."
Mima
Main Character

Postby Alice Margatroid » 07 Sep 2013 14:46

"Right, I forgot that knowing somebody automatically conferred intimate knowledge of everybody who ever taught them something. How would society function without it?...And the hakutaku might be a stronger youkai than you think. I've fought her and it wasn't exactly a breeze." And no need to encourage Mima by mentioning that it was on the night of a full moon. She really had better things to do with her life than dealing with a horde of little Marisas. "And she can call in the hermit who is a magician as well as immortal should she really need to. Probably the lunarians too."

"So if you don't know about them, they don't matter? And it's nice to know that you think that Yukari couldn't teach someone to match Marisa, delusions like that makes it easier to avoid trouble from you. Also, there is already several humans who can match or even surpass Marisa. The maid for example, her only limitations are the spellcard rules and whatever sense of morality she has. Without them she'd simply stop time and walk up and stab Marisa in the heart. It'd be trivially easy for her."
Alice Margatroid
Main Character

Previous

Return to Forest of Magic