[Open] Resupplying and Reconnecting

Locations: Village School, Hieda House

[Open] Resupplying and Reconnecting

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 28 Jun 2013 01:31

Well it couldn't be avoided really, after being gone for so long all of the supplies that she had saved up, hoping that there might be some kind of chance that she could use them when she got back... well no. Apparently just saving them in the bottles and jars they came in with and making sure they're sealed up didn't work. Everything was dried up or completely stale by now. She'd been gone for longer than she originally planned as well so it wasn't a huge surprise... okay she was disappointed still but it just meant getting to visit that many more people in the village. They'd probably be surprised to see her again after so long, hopefully happy too!

Okay some people were afraid of her still in the village but being a youkai that kinda came with the territory and this being the human village there were parts she made sure to avoid so that it didn't cause any real problems but the food market at least she knew she was welcome in! So along with her cart to carry all of her supplies she made her she started off from her home, signing happily to herself as she walked down the street not really noticing until she was almost to the village itself how much quicker she had made it there than usual... maybe carrying around that huge bag with all of the pots and pans that she had purchased while on her trip actually made her stronger! Well! That certainly made her smile more than usual as she entered the outskirts of the village, waving and calling out to the humans there to announce herself as she set her cart down to stretch her arms a little. She didn't need any incidents where people though she was trying to attack the village in broad daylight... again. That would always be awkward. Well for now she felt welcome at least. Now it was time to get some shopping done!
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Re: [Open] Resupplying and Reconnecting

Postby Kyouko Kasodani » 01 Jul 2013 12:07

As a youkai walked the streets of the human village, someone hid in an alleyway frightfully, squeaking timidly and darting her eyes around as she dived behind a large barrel at the wayside at any sound of movement or approach. Strangely, this wasn't the behaviour of a fearful human who had caught sight of the youkai.

It was a youkai who had caught sight of humans.

Kyouko took a moment to breathe and settle down as she slide her back down the barrel, scanning her eyes over the list she'd memorised by now trying to work up the courage to work her way to the markets to restock the temple's food supplies. She looked at each character individually, not really reading, but counting the strokes and following the lines with her eyes, trying to delay the inevitable as much as possible. Finally she groaned and folded up the paper, putting it away and closing her eyes, deciding to put her training to use. "Gyatei, gyatei, haragyatei..."

Chanting the mantra, the little yamabiko stepped out from her hiding spot and made her way back into the streets. She was a strange sight to be sure, a floppy-eared puny girl with her eyes shut tightly mumbling the Heart Sutra's mantra as a demon exorcising out an evil presence. Every now and then she would peek an eye open to correct her path on the street and make sure she wasn't getting lost (something she was trying to keep off her mind--could you imagine? Getting lost in a village full of... humans?! Humans that want to attack you and chase you off and make sure you never come back? Dreadful!).

This time, however, her eye caught a familiar sight and her ears perked as her other eye opened to confirm her vision, a smile growing across her face.

"MYSTIA!" the yamabiko cried, spooking the humans around her by the sheer volume of her sudden voice, escalating immediately from low mumbling chants. She ran over to her friend and held onto her arm as if desperate to cling to something familiar and that wasn't going to chase her off. "What are you doing here? Am I glad to see you!"
Kyouko Kasodani
Alternate Character

Postby Rika » 02 Jul 2013 20:13

Many of the humans in the village might have been nervous around the likes of Mystia and Kyouko, but there was one human on this street who wasn't the least bit afraid of youkai. Usually. Of course, right now her attention was focused on something much more infuriating than the pair of youkai, and she hadn't even noticed either of them yet.

Rika growled as she gave the object in her hands another forceful twist, each turn of this diabolical puzzle failing to bring her any closer to the solution. The object she had gotten from Kourindou was a small cube, each side of which was divided into nine colored squares. Each row of squares could be individually rotated into different positions, the goal being to manipulate the cube until each side consisted of a single color. It had sounded simple enough to the engineer, but in practice it proved to be endlessly frustrating. Rika had been at this for half an hour now, and she had run out of patience a long time ago, but she was too stubborn to just give up and let the stupid cube win.

Fortunately, the yamabiko's abrupt shout reached the little girl's ears before she could violently take her frustrations out on the poor toy. The sheer volume of it startled Rika enough to make her drop the cube, and it took a few moments before the word itself sank in. "Mystia?" She repeated much more softly, recognizing the name instantly as she turned to look at the pair. It had been quite a while since the engineer had seen the night sparrow, but she remained where she was instead of walking over to the two youkai, nervous and unsure of how to greet her friend after so long.

The drone she had brought with her on this trip, however, shared none of her hesitation. The small, spider-like machine skittered over to Mystia and Kyouko as soon as it spotted them, recognizing the former as one of Rika's allies. Stopping about a meter away from the two youkai, the drone immediately began to scan the night sparrow, identifying the changes she had undergone since Rika had last seen her and updating her file accordingly. Then it turned its glowing red 'eye' on the yamabiko, creating a new file for Kyouko as it scanned her as well...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 04 Jul 2013 02:32

It really was nice to be back in the village she knew so well. The familiar faces, the roads she'd traveled many times before... sure some people were still scared of her but that was inevitable, so wasn't going to fight against it. She knew there would always be that kind of 'separation', heck she felt it even more to where she had been learning new styles of cooking but it didn't dissuade her from completing her training!

Everything was going just as normal, a few people asking a few more questions than usual but all in all it was a great experience! To her the day got even better when she heard a familiar, albeit loud, voice in the crowd. She didn't have enough of a chance to reply before Kyouko was holding onto her arm. Mystia couldn't help but giggle a little, her wings fluttering happily as she gave her friend and band mate a bright smile in return,

"Kyouko! Its been so long, I hope you've been doing well! Ah, I need to get things for my stand. Everything kinda went bad while I was gone so I need to get all new spices and ingredients to get everything going again. What about you? what brings you into the village today?? Oh and.. s-sorry about going away without really saying much about it. We can still get together to do concerts if you'd like! I miss doing that with you!"

It took her a minute to realize that the little mechanical drone was looking over her and Kyouko, but when she did see it she immediately started to look around the area. She knew that seeing those drones meant that one of two people was there. One of them.. well she had mixed feelings about the other there was some mixed feelings about as well but more in the positive manner and things that made her feel... well a little odd really. Once she spotted Rika she waved enthusiastically to her with her free arm,

"Rika!! Its been to long! How have you been!!" Trying to motion to Kyouko as she continued to wave, "Have you met my friend Kyouko! We have a band together!" Well it was obvious since it was in the bunbunmaru and probably well known around the village. Though she was so excited to see two of her close friends again she really just couldn't help herself.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Kyouko Kasodani » 04 Jul 2013 11:31

"It's been so long!" Kyouko echoed back, her perked ears flapping a bit gleefully. She hadn't seen her friend in ages and graciously took the opportunity to direct all of her focus towards her, keeping her mind off of the scarier troubles at hand. Her heart swelled even more when she heard of the nature of Mystia's visit. "Oh, what a coincidence!" she remarked, apparently not realising or avoiding the thought that when people are found in a marketplace, it's usually because they're shopping for things. "I'm here to pick up ingredients for food to serve at the temple." Shebegan mumbling slightly. "Usually I just cook and don't do the shopping, but apparently mumble mumble grumble gyatei..."

Her smile returned when she shook herself out of the stress and re-glued herself to her friend's arm. "I'm just glad to see you back! It's been really boring without yo--" She stopped herself and made a face, kind of looking over her shoulder for any residents of the Myouren Temple who might have heard the young priest-in-training complaining about her duties and sighing out a quiet "gyatei" in penance. Quickly she changed the subject, smiling wide."A-anyway, I'm just looking forward to being able to play again!"

As attention shifted to the mechanical bug, Kyouko's ears perked again, looking over to where Mystia was shouting to see the figure of a human girl. Initially Kyouko was a bit creeped out by the mechanised bug, but as her attention returned to her task at hand and her tunnel vision faded, realising again where she was and what manner of people she was around, she swallowed a gulp of air and tensed nervously. Obviously this person was some kind of friend of Mystia's, but that didn't stop the yamabiko from scooting around slightly behind Mystia, using her somewhat as a shield between herself and the human as she shouted out a weak, shaky "Hello...!"
Kyouko Kasodani
Alternate Character

Postby Rika » 20 Jul 2013 16:00

Rika hastily picked up the toy she had dropped and stuffed it into her pocket, her frustration quickly forgotten now that Mystia had shifted her attention away from the evil cube. Now that the engineer's drone had alerted the two youkai to her presence, she had no choice but to suppress her nervousness and approach them. Rika shared Mystia's mixed feelings, and she still didn't know what to make of them, but she forced herself to ignore such things for the time being.

"H-Hi, Mystia!" She replied with a smile and a wave of her own as she regained her composure and walked over to the youkai duo, her drone quickly returning to her side now that it had finished its scan of the pair. Kyouko had been judged a minimal threat based on available information, and the way she seemed to hide behind Mystia did nothing to discredit that assessment. A youkai that was afraid of humans instead of the other way around was certainly a rare sight. "Hello..." Rika echoed hesitantly, not nearly as nervous as Kyouko seemed to be but still not sure what to expect from the yamabiko.

It seemed that Mystia would have to do something to break the tension between the two, or else things might become rather awkward...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 24 Jul 2013 08:39

Mystia couldn’t help but grin as brightly as she possibly could at Kyouko. She didn’t know what life Was like at a temple, but it was obvious through the songs she sang during their concerts and especially now that what they did together was a good bit of relief for the yamabiko. She didn’t mind her being so close either, it was actually kinda nice… especially after all those months of having people to afraid to be close to her because of that whole ‘youkai eat humans’ thing. Sure she’d done it in the past… it wasn’t like she was gonna just jump someone and start eating them though… geez, humans sometimes,

“Oh! That is a coincidence, I should be going to a lot of the same places that you need to go to, so we can just go together then!” It wasn’t hard to tell really, she’d seen in back when they did their first few concerts. She had a bit of trouble when it came to being around humans and being here by herself must have been some kind of test… ah well I’m sure they’d allow help. When Kyouko went to glance around for the other residents of Myouren, Mystia had looked around a bit as well, thinking they were watching her closely or something, but Rika’s presence drew her attention back to her. Sure she was a little curious about the thing she was playing with but it was more important to catch up with her,

“I hope you’ve been doing well Rika, I’m sorry I kinda took off without saying much of anything. I had an opportunity and I didn’t want to pass it up so I packed up and left as quickly as I could. Ooh, this is my best friend Kyouko, we have a band together. I’m sure you’ve heard us when we’re doing concerts, a lot of humans have said we’re ‘to noisy’ but I think they’re just being picky. We’re having fun and a lot of faeries seem to really enjoy it, so it can’t be TO bad, right?” Mystia really had no issues talking with people. There was still that question about Rika though… wait… what was it? There was something really important about Rika but it had been so long since she’d seen her last so… what was it? She knew there was something… ah she’d have to think about it later, “Kyouko-chan and I were going to go do some shopping here in the village, would you like to come with us?? I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to while I’ve been gone.” Maybe talking with her would help her remember what was so important about Rika…
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Rumia » 26 Jul 2013 20:18

Unbeknownst to the trio, there was another pair of eyes watching them from a darkened alley... But they soon vanished as the area around the watcher was enveloped in shadows with a muttered "Stupid sun..." from the youkai there. It certainly wasn't -her- fault she wandered into here last night, tired by yet another unsuccessful night of hunting, or that she had dozed off... Or that she had been woken up by the growing bustle as the humans went about their own... ...Okay, maybe it was her fault, but that was beside the point as far as she was concerned. All she knew was that she was all but stuck here until night fell again, under the oppressive heat and light of day, and troubled by a gnawing hunger in the pit of her stomach despite having so many tasty little meals wandering carefree just out of reach... And then there were those other youkai... Rumia didn't know what to make of them yet, having had little contact with other beings like herself, and even less such instances that she cared to remember fondly...

...But she was so hungry... And maybe a bit jealous for how easily the others seemed to associate with each other and the humans...
Rumia
Main Character

Postby Kyouko Kasodani » 27 Jul 2013 18:57

As the drone finished scanning her, Kyouko eyed it nervously. She had never seen anything quite like it before and wasn't sure what to make of it. It obviously wasn't youkai or human, but it wasn't something she had ever seen on the mountain before. Was it some rare kind of bug? On this line of thought, she shivered and hid more behind Mystia. This bug had been staring at her for a while now, maybe it was hungry...

Her uncomfortable mood broke, however, when her ears perked upon hearing Mystia introduce her as her best friend. She stood up more proudly with her chest forward and smiled. With Mystia being gone, she had forgotten the kind of good feeling it was to be somebody's best friend, and hearing it gave her a bit more confidence as she emerged from behind the birdy.

"Yeah! We're Choujuu Gigaku! Maybe you've heard of us by now! You should come listen to us sometime! It's always a lot of fun when we get together, it's a great way to let off steam!" She beamed proudly as she spoke about the band, her ears flapping a little happily as she spoke a bit louder than normally. Her eyes suddenly widened and exchanged looks between Mystia and Rika for a moment at Mystia's invitation to Rika to come along with them shopping for supplies. For a moment there, she had completely forgotten that she was speaking to a human... and now she had to walk around with one? She gulped again and laughed nervously, smiling weakly at Rika. "Y-yeah... you should come along..! Hehehe..."
Kyouko Kasodani
Alternate Character

Postby Rika » 10 Aug 2013 16:05

Despite Mystia's presence and Kyouko's submissive demeanor, Rika felt a few shivers race down her spine. The engineer couldn't shake the eerie feeling that she was being watched, though she quickly dismissed it as a side effect of her own nervousness. Her drone, on the other hand, immediately turned as it detected an unfamiliar voice, its red eye staring into a dark alley across the street. After observing nothing but shadows for a few seconds, its attention drifted elsewhere and it assumed a more idle posture. Although the machine had noticed an anomaly, it too was ultimately oblivious to Rumia's presence.

Pushing the unsettling feeling from her mind and focusing solely on the two youkai before her, Rika couldn't stop a momentary pang of jealousy shooting through her when Mystia introduced Kyouko as her best friend. Fortunately, it wasn't visible on her face. The engineer had heard of Choujuu Gigaku, of course, but she certainly hadn't known that the two youkai had become such good friends. "I-I'd love to come shopping with you, Mystia!" Rika replied after a moment of hesitant silence, regaining a little of her usual energy and confidence in the process. After not seeing Mystia for so long, it was only natural that she'd jump on the opportunity to spend time with the night sparrow.

And with the uneasy feeling from before still lingering in the back of her mind, the engineer no longer wanted to be walking the streets of the village alone...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Rumia » 16 Aug 2013 20:36

Rumia froze as the odd... Thing swiveled toward her and peered at her with its red eye. Silently she willed it to turn away and leave her be, and to her relief it did just that. What the hell was that thing anyway? It didn't look like any sort of machine she had ever seen (not that she really took much interest in those silly things), and it seemed to move without someone directly controlling it, but it was clearly mechanical rather than being made of flesh and bone and...

Rumia stopped herself and glanced about self-consciously as she wiped away any traces of drool that may have dribbled from the corners of her mouth. Ah, the hazards of being hun-

*RRRrrrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRmble...*

-gry...

Rumia froze stock-still yet again and her face sank as her stomach growled at what seemed to be an impossible volume to even her own ears...
Rumia
Main Character

Postby Mystia Lorelei » 21 Aug 2013 10:44

That's exactly what Mystia wanted to see. Kyouko had no real reason to be scared, humans weren't all THAT scary. Okay some of them were a little freaky but it wasn't anything she couldn't deal with. Having Kyouko actually standing beside her while they spoke was a lot nicer than having he hiding behind her. She always seemed so exuberant during their performances after all, she wasn't scared of humans then... ah well. It was just nice to see her trying to be more open. Trying to make sure she wasn't to nervous about the situation she gave her a pat on the shoulder as she gave a bright smile to Rika,

"That's great! It'll be better in a group anyway, plus I'd really like to catch up with you. It feels like its been forever since I've seen you after all... You as well Rumia." The others may not have noticed but to her it was plain as day... well maybe not DAY but well you get the idea. Between the robot running off to check out something and hearing the grumbling of someone's stomach, she figured that Rumia must have forgotten what time of day it was, plus the grumbling of her stomach was clearly audible to her ears,

"Come on out, you don't have to worry as long as you're with us.. unless you've got something to hide that is." Okay she was trying to put up a front here. The last time she saw Rumia it felt... a little awkward. She never did find out if she was singing that song directly to her or if it was just... well that was something to think about later too. She had to focus for right now... Rika was definitely someone important to her, but what was it that made her react the way she was right now... she seemed almost more enthusiastic than Kyouko to spend time with her. Hmm... it'd come to her.
Mystia Lorelei
Main Character

Postby Kyouko Kasodani » 21 Aug 2013 22:25

Kyouko smiled as Mystia patted her shoulder and took a deep breath. Maybe going around with Rika wouldn't be too bad. She seemed friendly enough and if she was friends with Mystia, she obviously didn't have some kind of grudge against youkai in general. Besides, this was part of her training; she would never get far in the temple if she couldn't interact directly with everyday humans.

The little yamabiko jumped as she heard the growl and Mystia addressed Rumia. She hadn't even noticed the dark youkai hidden away in the shadowy alleyway. She blinked and squinted to try to see through the darkness, trying to spot her. She debated the pros and cons of the situation. It was more comfortable to travel around with more youkai, but wouldn't going around with a particularly hungry one in the human village make them more likely to be... ~gulp~.... exterminated?

Shaking her head, Kyouko put on a steely expression. She looked over her list and up and down the streets. There were only a few basic amenities needed, so it shouldn't take too much time or effort. This was a learning experience, it was a chance to grow! Her ears lowered on her head with a bit of determination as she readied herself, quietly mumbling the bits of the Heart Sutra's mantra she knew, and she moved closer to Rika with some large amount of willpower, sending her a friendly smile. "Do you have much to shop for, too?"
Kyouko Kasodani
Alternate Character

Postby Rika » 31 Aug 2013 16:10

The two youkai might have had better hearing than Rika, but even she was able to detect the faint sound of Rumia's stomach rumbling. It sent more than a few shivers down her spine, and she quickly realized that the unsettling feeling of someone watching her hadn't just been her mind playing tricks on her. The odds of a youkai being bold enough to attack a human in the middle of the village were low, particularly in broad daylight like this, but the engineer couldn't stop herself from scooting closer to Mystia anyway. She felt much safer next to the night sparrow, especially when she had nothing but her little drone for protection.

Luckily, Mystia already seemed to know the youkai lurking in the darkness, and it sounded like they were on pretty good terms. That was enough to suppress Rika's unease, but not enough to pull her away from the night sparrow's side. Her drone was alert and motionless now as it stared at the dark alley, waiting for the unknown youkai to reveal itself. Only then could it begin assessing the potential threat.

As for the engineer herself, her attention shifted to Kyouko once the yamabiko worked up the courage to approach her. Rika returned the youkai's friendly smile, though she wasn't sure how to answer Kyouko's question. It was a little embarrassing, but she had been so focused on solving the infuriating cube puzzle that she'd forgotten why she had come to the village in the first place. "I'm not sure..." Rika admitted with a slight blush. "But I might find something I need if I come with you, so that's okay!" The engineer added quickly, as if she had to justify her presence somehow...
Rika
Main Character

Postby Rumia » 31 Aug 2013 18:18

As Rumia crept out of the alley, blushing faintly out of embarrassment over being caught, she was also surprised by a pang of jealousy over Mystia paying more attention to the other two while giving Rumia not much more than a passing greeting. It was the bird's fault anyway that things were so weird now-... Well, no, maybe it was kinda-sorta Rumia's fault for singing that song... But it was still Mystia's fault for inspiring her to do that and get under her skin a bit! Yeah! That's it! ...But then it's not like either of them could do anything about it at the moment, though, so Rumia figured she may as well keep quiet and plink a danmaku bullet off the machine thingie that was stalking her just for the sake of blowing off some steam.

Stupid sun... Stupid Mystia... Stupid hunger... What an annoying day this was shaping up to be...

...And just who were these others and what were they doing with her? She kind of recognized Kyouko from the band practices they had with the Prismriver girls (It was kind of hard to miss someone like that no matter what, really), but the girl fiddling with the box was new.
Rumia
Main Character

Next

Return to Human Village