(Open) Lunar Visitation

Locations: Village School, Hieda House

(Open) Lunar Visitation

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 08 Jun 2013 17:27

Early in the morning, Kaguya's decision was unalterable. She, on the slightest whim, would travel to the human village so she could watch how those less privileged lived their mortal lives. Her demands were rather odd, but it was good to see that she had the drive to travel elsewhere, and wouldn't be stuck in Eientei for months on end.

By mIdday, the Human Village was undergoing it's typical hustle and bustle of activity, and a perfect time for exploration! A small cart pulled into the market of the village without explanation. Not many people would've noticed the cart to begin with, or told it apart from the others going in and out if it wasn't drawn by the concerted efforts of a slow-moving ox and a couple youkai rabbits. Needless to say, for those who'd witnessed Kaguya's rare, often eccentric trips to the village tended to be few. The princess rested calmly in the cart for a while, ordering the rabbit-youkai driving it to slow down a little, eventually having it roll to a stop near the main square.

"What a delightful day to be out...! she thought. "Certainly, there will be something of interest to do. My boredom only continues to grow..."
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Re: (Open) Lunar Visitation

Postby Reisen Udongein Inaba » 09 Jun 2013 10:49

It was later that morning when Reisen finally woke up, having slept rather well that night. Actually, as soon as her eyes popped open, she felt much more refreshed than she had in a while; it didn't take her long at all to slip out of her futon and get dressed before steeling herself for her morning duties. Other than Eirin, she was usually the one to wake up first out of the residents, and since this seemed to be the case this morning as well, the rabbit decided first to cook some breakfast. Nothing seemed off when she was walking down the hall - the earth rabbits were up early as well, bouncing about surprisingly energetically. After greeting some with a casual wave, she made a trip around Eientei's long hallways and eventually reached the room where the princess dwelt; even before she opened the door, the girl was sure she'd find her sleeping as usual, but it was time to urge her awake, if only to ask her what she wanted to eat! Out of politeness, she knocked first, but she figured there would be no answer - so she peeked her head inside once gently tugging the sliding door open. "Princess...?"

Except... the room was empty. All the rabbit could see upon poking her head in was the empty futon Kaguya was supposed to be sleeping in. After realizing that, she allowed herself inside and began looking around, but the room was indeed devoid of any princesses. Well, not that big of a deal, right? It was rare, but it wouldn't be the first time Kaguya had gotten up early. Dismissing her pang of concern with a shrug, she made her way out of the room and shut the door closed.

It took a bit more wandering around the mansion until that pang increasingly returned. Not in the kitchen, not in another room, not out in the yard, not in the little side-house... could it have been that she was outside? If so, that wasn't good at all, and Eirin wasn't going to be happy--whether it was Reisen's fault or not for not watching over Kaguya closer, she felt it pretty certain that she'd get scolded. Thus, preferably before such a thing became a problem, the moon rabbit decided to go after her... and, as much as she didn't want to go there of all places, the Human Village was the only location she could think of. It was to find the princess, so maybe, at least, she could muster up the courage to ask someone if they saw anyone matching her description.

Almost immediately after landing from her flight and entering the town, Reisen noticed something strange. 'That cart over there... looks a little familiar...' That wasn't the least of it, of course - it was relatively understandable seeing an ox pushing a cart, but... rabbits? The thought passed through her mind as she squinted from a distance, still a little bit wary of entering the crowd. If she wanted to investigate, however, she had no choice. Taking a deep breath and trying to fight off the anxiety she always had around humans, Reisen waded her way through the bustling crowd of villagers until she could finally peek into the cart through the little window.

Mixed feelings: she was glad to have found the princess so quickly, but there was a reason it was dangerous for her to be outside! Out in the village during midday, there was no way to be discreet - Reisen tried to get her attention by means other than simply calling her name, namely knocking on the side of the cart and trying to wave at the person inside. In another effort, she mouthed the words as clearly as possible without making a sound: 'princess, what are you doing here?!'
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Main Character

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 09 Jun 2013 12:24

Yagokoro Eirin had a long standing habit among those of Eientei of being the first to rise and the last to retire, and today was no exception to this policy. She would have her tea and light breakfast brought to her by several of the Earth rabbits, satisfying her thirst and hunger as she reviewed the day's ledger. It was no secret to the residents of the Mansion that Eirin often planned her day's activities around those that would occur at the clinic; such a routine hardly bothered her - it had come as a welcome relief from the tumult that she, let alone Eientei, had seen previously. The rabbits had come and gone, delivering her morning victuals as they had countless times before.

The good doctor smiled faintly to herself, thumbing through the dog-eared pages of previous days, stopping on the page that bore the day's date. She blinked in surprise, smoothing the page out with her fingers. "Nothing?" Eirin muttered inaudibly, not that anyone was present to hear her. In truth, it had been the second unsettling occurrence that morning, the first being the overly-excited nature of the Earth rabbit who had delivered to her room. 'Well, it presents an opportunity to travel to the Human Village.' Closing the leather-bound ledger, Eirin set it aside as she finished her tea, leaving her plate half-finished as she dressed in her daily clothing, picking up her doctor's bag only after she had finished with the last button of her characteristic blouse.

Eirin would inform the Princess, Kaguya, next, or would have, had she been present in her room. A feeling of unease crept into the back of her mind; it was one that she easily shook off. Though it was exceedingly rare for the Princess to wake up early, especially earlier than her, it had been known to occur previously. A quick sweep of the common rooms of Eientei yielded no results concerning Kaguya's whereabouts. Perhaps more distressing was that Udonge seemed to be missing as well. Again, Eirin dismissed the uncertainty of these events.

And so the Hourai Pharmacist set out from Eientei, leaving in her wake a laundry list of instructions and chores for the Earth rabbits to accomplish while she was away. She opted to walk instead of flying, using the short journey through the bamboo thicket for quiet contemplation upon the day so far. From the edge of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, the Human Village was another short trip - this one spent considering the possible locations of the Princess and Udonge both. Not that she needed to mull this over anymore.

Immediately, Eirin recognized the vehicle driven by the Earth rabbits and drawn by sturdy oxen; she discerned the identity of odd girl who had approached the side of the cart. Subtlety was truly a lost art, especially with regards to the Princess and Udonge. An ironic thought, considering that Eirin was quite conspicuous; her tall stature matched with her features and the iconic dress style caused her to be readily apparent if Udonge were to turn around.

With a momentary smirk that was covered by her hand, Eirin would let Udonge handle this incursion into the Human Village; that's not to say she was not prepared to step in if absolutely necessary, or if she were spotted. 'On second thought,' Eirin mused, 'I'll handle this myself.' From that moment, it wasn't long before she towered over the Lunar Rabbit from behind, clearing her throat to garner her attention.

"What is the meaning of this?" Eirin's tone in addressing Udonge was stern, as it always was.
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 15 Jun 2013 18:29

The knock on the side of the cart managed to rouse her a little, the princess having her attention rather easily caught upon noticing Reisen. It was true that she was hardly wanting to remain subtle and conspicuous, and she intended her movements to be easily tracked. After all, if any trouble arose outside of EIentei, that meant her allies could immediately find her. In that respect, her plan was a success. On the other end of this spectrum, the princess enjoyed a day out, just as anyone else in Gensokyo would after so much isolation. Was it that much to ask, for a day of simply exploring for the sake of it?

She seemed mostly happy with what this day might bring, and greeted the curious rabbit with a smile. "...Inaba, what are you doing out here?" Eirin's voice immediately set het at ease, however. The princess had long wanted an excuse to bring the others out of hiding, as well. "Ah, I see..." Kaguya, after a moment, peeked her head out of the safety of the cart, smiling as if this was perfectly normal. "I am glad you two could join me in my restlessness. I was getting vexed when I thought I would be here, alone..." The princess then mused, with an odd expression... "This may be an improvement, considering that a visit from one of my social status might be of some benefit on these people...they were very agitated when I arrived, and I am not sure why..." With a small smile to Eirin. "Despite that...Eirin, did you not say yourself that travel may sometimes have positive benefits on one's stress and well being? I seem to recall that detail most of all..."

Of course, Kaguya was oft to become curious about anything that caught her fancy. It was still quite rare for her to go out and satisfy her curiousity without someone accompanying her, but a welcome change from her constant routine.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Reisen Udongein Inaba » 29 Jun 2013 08:08

Reasons were obvious why the princess being outside of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost was a cause for alarm. The danger might have been low these days, considering Reisen herself went outside into the Human Village fairly often to sell her master's medicine and make a living, but even then, the rabbit kept a low profile. Usually, she was in and out with the least necessary amount of interaction and went fairly unnoticed, just as she liked to, but she only wished that Kaguya had that sense of subtlety.

Perhaps it was a little bit the rabbit's fault for helping to draw attention, but quite a few people now were staring at the ox-pulled card and the rabbits that merrily surrounded it. Reisen really did understand that the princess needed to taste the outside, but she was so unsupervised, and... and master would surely get mad!

"What am I doing out here? Princess, it's you who-" Reisen would have given the princess an earful -- although it would have been out of the rabbit's place. She panicked easily, and nothing could be done about that. Were she thinking clearly at the moment, she would have already used her powers to hide both herself and the cart from the perception of the villagers, but it was too late. The voice that she dreaded to hear spoke from behind the rabbit and made her freeze up, as if an unnerving touch had just tapped her on the shoulder. Kaguya could see those crimson eyes widen almost comically at that momentarily-terrifying instant Reisen figured out who was towering behind her, sternly demanding an explanation.

Eirin Yagokoro wrote:"What is the meaning of this?"

Worried, the lunar rabbit eventually managed to twist her head to the side until she could spot Eirin from the corner of her eye. Although, as soon as direct eye contact was made, Reisen broke it by staring at the dirty ground instead. "M... Master, uhh... about this, I'm v-very sorry..." She stammered pathetically, pinching at the hem of her blazer out of nervous habit. Her wavering gaze met Eirin's one more time before switching back to Kaguya, who proceeded to address her fellow Lunarian clearly without giving the rabbit's worry a passing thought -- perhaps not even understanding why it was there.

Feeling that she'd humiliated herself, it took a lot at that point to keep her feet from carrying her away from the scene. For now, she resigned herself to listen to what the two were going to discuss, mentally preparing herself for the chiding she worked to avoid.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Main Character

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 06 Jul 2013 07:22

Eirin knew full well the consequences of breaking cover; years spent as a fugitive had taught her the importance of keeping a low-profile, and thus to say that she was a little annoyed by Reisen and Kaguya's collective flight of fancy was a moderate understatement. It would have been a different matter entirely if the Princess and her pet had attempted any manner of disguise - a task, she noted mentally, that would have been mere child's play for her apprentice - but it seemed that Kaguya wanted to be noticed. Even if she hadn't trotted out in the fineries that Eientei hid so well, Eirin had no doubt she would be.

The princess's words were innocent, and the rabbit's guilty - that was the long and short of it. Eirin's smirk that had been previously hidden by her hand turned into a dangerously-thin smile just as her free hand joined the one that dutifully suspended the black doctor's bag marked with a red cross upon a navy blue background. Though her smile may have been a rough indicator of her temperment, the look in her eyes betrayed much more than that.

"Princess." The lunar doctor gave the princess a slight bow of her head out of respect as she was addressed. How such a single word could transform the dangerous bow of her mouth into a pleasant one might escape most, yet it did. Her response was soft-spoken and tender, a direct contrast to earlier.

"This population is unaccustomed to seeing royalty, princess, so it is no surprise that they are agitated." A simple explanation was always better than the convoluted one unless it came to matters of science. After finishing, Eirin would take a moment while Reisen apologized to her, returning to what the lunar princess had said earlier. '...you two could join me...' Could it have been possible that Reisen had set out to find the lost princess before Eirin did? The doctor shelved the thought as she heard Kaguya's voice again.

Kaguya Houraisan wrote:"Despite that...Eirin, did you not say yourself that travel may sometimes have positive benefits on one's stress and well being? I seem to recall that detail most of all..."

"Yes, planned excursions often soothe nerves, Kaguya." Eirin treated the grave situation lightly, refraining from drawing attention to the word 'planned.' The residents of the village had yet to calm down, and Eirin made it a point to remain vigilant while still paying attention to her mistress.

"Udonge." The stern, authoritative tone had returned, and the doctor addressed her apprentice while not looking at her. "I expect you to be in my Office when we return to Eientei. However," Eirin paused, returning her attention to the princess's face for a moment, "I expect you to keep a close watch, with me, over the Princess on her day out."

"Where shall we visit first, Kaguya?" Eirin remarked in her respectful tone, turning to Kaguya with her near-trademark smile.
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 06 Jul 2013 19:40

It seems that her words had even won Eirin over. Considering that any threat to her, other than Mokou, was too far in the past to bother with, Kaguya hadn't very much reason to hide herself away forever. "No matter the slight confusion over this rather sudden arrival, it is clear that we're of no threat to the people." the princess replied to the first of Eirin's concerns with a little more confidence, hoping that Eirin would, as usual, understand the odd logic behind such a strange and impulsive trip. "No doubt you'll find it easy to keep watch over me, here. While...I am not familiar with this place completely, it seems as if it isn't terribly complicated to navigate." Considering where Eientei was located, that was a little understatement of her own.

However, the princess spoke up once more, when it came for her decision as to where she could go next, she was more than a little unsure. "Well...there are only so many businesses and food venues here, and I surely cannot barge into people's homes. I suppose Reisen has been here once or twice on errands, hasn't she?" With a little smile, she confirmed her own choice rather quickly in her mind. "...Now that I think of it, I think that either a tour of the market or a good meal would be the most important things, at the moment. I am very curious to see what the inhabitants of this village like to do, and what better way to understand that than through two of their most basic needs? Does that make my decision any clearer?"

The princess's logic, while eccentric and strange, would be something Eirin might be used to, by now. Quite simply, her curiosity couldn't be stopped by a simple 'No' without upsetting her. Now that it was clear there wasn't any going back, it would be up to her guardians to figure out how to keep the Lunarian princess pleasant without upsetting the village.
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Reisen Udongein Inaba » 13 Jul 2013 18:02

Reisen might have already apologized out of instinct, but it seemed that Eirin chose to address the princess before anything else. It was understandable, but it made the rabbit stand there awkwardly as they spent a few moments speaking to each other.

Meanwhile, she was fighting the urge to make her exit unannounced -- entering the village was stressful enough in such a bustling time of the day, and she thought she would have things under control -- if only her master didn't pop up at such an unexpected time. Her head lowered, and in an attempt to distract herself, she lightly kicked a few stones beneath her feet, looking absolutely the part of the child knowing they're about to be scolded.

Eventually, when Eirin called her by her pet name in that stern, firm tone, Reisen hesitantly brought her chin back up to look at the taller figure. She heard just about what she expected -- it wasn't said outright, but the next time the two returned to Eientei, the rabbit was certainly due for punishment. Of course, as soon as she would have the chance, she'd attempt an explanation, but it didn't amount to much right now.

However, the fact she wasn't being sent home straight away was something of a relief; she was allowed to continue to accompany the two. "Of... of course. I won't let the princess out of my sight, master!" Rising a bit from her slump despite the Lunarian sparing not even a glance at her apprentice, she nodded firmly.

A few moments later, she turned to Kaguya, who had mentioned the rabbit's ventures to the Human Village. "Ah, that's true, princess. But... although I come here a lot, I don't really know any places to go..." She said this somewhat sullenly. Perhaps it was expected of her, but as things were, Reisen didn't come to the village for entertainment purposes. Once her work at the clinic was over, she always went right back home.

She found herself agreeing with Kaguya's suggestion, regardless, giving a nod to her other superior. "You're saying we should find a shop, or maybe some kind of restaurant? There seem to be plenty of them around." Reisen looked around, although, as if remembering something, her gaze focused on Kaguya once more, lips breaking into a nervous smile. "...But, well, you may not need the cart for the time being, princess."
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Main Character

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 20 Jul 2013 08:21

For as much as it unnerved Eirin that the Princess would make, in her mind, such a rash decision, the Lunarian doctor would not show the slightest hint of it upon her face; she wore that smile that took millenia to perfect, allowing a silent nod at Kaguya's words. She listened fully, capturing every syllable that left Kaguya's posh lips, and, while she certainly understood the rationale of the Lunarian princess, Eirin reluctantly agreed with the princess. This was a moot point - as she was not foolish enough to contradict the whim's of her mistress for many reasons.

Kaguya Houraisan wrote:"No matter the slight confusion over this rather sudden arrival, it is clear that we're of no threat to the people. [...] No doubt you'll find it easy to keep watch over me, here. While...I am not familiar with this place completely, it seems as if it isn't terribly complicated to navigate."

"We may remain as no threat to the Human village, but that is not their perception. They fear the mysterious and secluded, for good reason." Eirin's tone was nothing if not filled with the utmost respect for the Princess, borne with a soft, humble voice that starkly contrasted her manner with the rabbit. She followed her statement with a quiet sigh of relief.

Kaguya Houraisan wrote:"Well...there are only so many businesses and food venues here, and I surely cannot barge into people's homes. I suppose Reisen has been here once or twice on errands, hasn't she?"

"It would be terribly rude to impose upon the residents by entering unannounced. I would expect them to extend the same courtesy to our home, with the exception of the Clinic, of course." Eirin's posture had shifted by now; the stiffened tension that she had been characterized by in the previous minutes had melted to a more relaxed, yet still prepared, standing. Again, the Lunarian pharmacist parted her lips a small way, beginning to speak just as the rabbit answered.

Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: "Ah, that's true, princess. But... although I come here a lot, I don't really know any places to go..."

Eirin gave her assistant a sidelong look, cocking one eyebrow a slightly above the other, allowing the slightest hint of annoyance to diminish her smile. For as many times as she had sent Reisen into the Human Village to deliver medicines or to purchase supplies, she never dawdled - something that pleased the Hourai Pharmacist - though the intonation of her voice suggested that she felt otherwise. The red and blue clad doctor made a mental note to discuss this with her when they returned to the Mansion of the Infinite; at this specific juncture, however, Eirin decided it would be best to allow Reisen to finish, and remained quiet until after such a time.

"It is my suggestion that we travel to the Market first. There we may inquire as to where to find a meal." Eirin's hand reached for the lock which held the carriage shut, working swiftly to swing the ornamented door upon its hinges. "Udonge does raise a valid point - You may find more in terms of observation without the carriage, Princess. Reisen, instruct the drivers to return the carriage to Eientei. After that, please direct the princess towards the Market. Surely you know some of the vendors to which you distribute medicines?" Eirin's authoritative demeanor had returned once more, though her smile remained, albeit nearly indistinguishably.
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character

Postby Suika Ibuki » 20 Jul 2013 20:03

Such an uncommon sight! The lunarian princess outside her secluded mansion and travelling over the Human Village, followed by many binny escorts! And suddenly, the Eientei Doctor and her assistant are also gracing the humans with their presence. Those three were so hard to find, and to think some little party maker got the luck to be there when they were together. She couldn't lose this opportunity at all, and so she made her own introduction, the smell of sake covering the air in the whole village.

Helloooooooo there, princess~

Mist passed over the lunarian trio and started to gather over one of the village houses, forming a well-known silhouette in all Gensokyo. Laid on the roof, head resting over her left hand and a sake gourd on the other. Short, with two wavy horns emerging from her head, and a jolly smile shared with no one else. The Little Pandemonium itself...

Suika here, ready to party as always~
Nice of ya to leave your little house and come over to get some air with us, common residents of Gensokyo. I can make sure ya'll never feel bored anymore with me in the neighborhood.
Good to meetcha again, Reisen bunny. And what a surprise to see ya here too, doctor~

Getting a good chug of her never-ending sake gourd, the small oni dissolved in mist again, only to appear as a mini Suika right in front of the Eientei entourage, growing again to her natural size and hopefully startling some bunnies in the process. A god way to make things turn to a more pleasant and cheerful feeling. Quickly, she started to scratch her own chin with her hand, making her best impression of a thoughtful wise woman.

I overheard yer whole conversation. Soooooo, ya need a guide to the village?

And suddenly, she turned to her cheerful and laid-back personality again, raising her arms and shouting to the top of her lungs.

It's yer LUCKY day, Suika is avaliable! I don't ask for nothing except the company of ya'll. Surely you can make a lil' oni like me happy sharing a piece of yer day, right? It'll be funny, an experience ya'll never forget. Trust me, I'm an oni and I don't lie~

A wide grin on her face, Suika waited for an answer from whoever was in command, be it the doctor or the princess. Although she would love to see Reisen's reaction. She knew the bunny was easy to tease, and teasing was one of her specialities after all. Nothing malicious, just a little dose to make her day happier.
Suika Ibuki
Alternate Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 20 Jul 2013 20:45

The Lunarian silently agreed with her trusted companion as well as her pet, even if her ideas so far were eccentric and rash. In Kaguya's mind, it was merely the shattering of her routine that worried her. The only way that she would understand how these people lived is if she took everything a little slowly, instead of expecting it all at once. The life of the aristocratic was a very immediate one, but perhaps, she thought, she would best understand the common life in this way.

However, the address of the boisterous oni to her entourage as she left the cart shocked her a a little. Unexpected, loud, and worst of all, greatly lacking in subtlety, that truly was an oni's greeting. It took Kaguya a moment to respond, but she quickly formulated a reply...

"An oni...? From the description, it matched what she'd heard from Reisen's reports "...I've heard some curious dealing tend to happen when oni are involved...but I don't begrudge your company, if you are here to help us." She listened to the oni's proposal to guide them through the village, and feared it might be too risky a venture, glancing at Eirin to see if she thought so, as well. When she can 'an experience she'll never forget' Kaguya wasn't quite sure if that would be something humorous or mortifying in nature...

"Against my better judgement, I may be in agreement. If you'd give me a moment to think it over, I would gladly consider it." Kaguya motioned to Eirin and tried to take her aside, whispering... "This may cause trouble, intentional or otherwise...but we both have the means of keeping ourselves out of trouble, should it arise." Kaguya then added, with a small nod to her doctor... "...In any case, I have nothing to lose, except pride, should this...rather sudden adventure end catastrophically..." With a small sigh, she got to the point. "Do you think it's wise to listen to her?"
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Postby Reisen Udongein Inaba » 27 Jul 2013 18:20

Doing her best to ignore the disapproving sidelong look she got from her master upon displaying her ignorance of her own surroundings, Reisen was then quick to follow her next request while listening to her and the princess. Once Kaguya took the short few steps out of the door of the cart she was ridden on, the rabbit removed herself from the conversation in order to crouch down in front of the rabbits that led the cart... and the ox behind them. Truth be told, she wasn't exactly able to communicate with either of these animals. Moon rabbits were not earth rabbits, after all -- Tewi really came in handy at times like these, but unfortunately, she was left behind in the forest, so Reisen had to figure something out. Certainly, another option was that she could have just told Eirin that she had no idea how to tell the rabbits to return, or really, to do anything.

That is, if she cared none for her remaining pride.

Squatting in front of the pack of little white rabbits, somewhat away from the earshot of Eirin and Kaguya, Reisen started with an obvious first attempt. "Okay, everyone, time to go home!" She clapped her hands twice as she spoke to draw the attention of the animals. That was something the charismatic rabbit youkai she knew would do, or so Reisen imagined. The hares, as well as the larger ox leading the cart all clearly paid mind to the moon rabbit, but most tilted their heads in silence, as expected. "...Heh." She smiled bitterly. Nothing, of course.

Reisen was about as helpless at communicating with animals as the next human, as was becoming quickly apparent. Plan B wasn't quite formulated yet, but she acted on the fly and began to try her hand at rushed sign language -- pointing to the animals away from the village, making odd gestures and expressions, trying to repeat words such as 'go' or 'leave'... eventually, it seemed as if one of the rabbits got the hint and began to turn around, hopping away. Eventually, its friends followed it as well, and the ox, with nothing else to go by, traced their steps with lazy movements, carrying the empty cart with it.

Well, at least they were probably heading back to Eientei. Standing back up on her feet, Reisen watched the pack disappear in the distance. "Whew!" She cheered to herself silently when a strange, slightly sweet aroma seeped through her nostrils. Curious, she turned around; no sooner than that did the booming, carefree voice of the young-looking oni cause her long ears to flinch a slight bit. The girl wasn't quite tangible or visible quite yet, floating over the Eientei trio in the form of a mist, but Reisen recognized it immediately, becoming even more sure once the mist gathered atop a roof and formed that familiar figure.

"That oni... Suika." The lunar rabbit uttered, surprised to see her again. There wasn't any particular contempt in her voice, nor joy, but she definitely knew a bit about the Little Pandemonium -- at least, she had seen some of her capabilities during the earthquake incidents some time ago, and she had enough reason to feel awe by that alone. Eirin and Kaguya should have both known of her existence as well as her abilities through Reisen's reports, but first-hand knowledge always trumped information from the grapevine. Now the next thing to wonder was what the oni was looking for around these parts, but it turned out that the answer came to her without even asking.

Suika Ibuki wrote:"It's yer LUCKY day, Suika is avaliable! I don't ask for nothing except the company of ya'll. Surely you can make a lil' oni like me happy sharing a piece of yer day, right? It'll be funny, an experience ya'll never forget. Trust me, I'm an oni and I don't lie~"

The wording couldn't have been more suspicious, but Reisen had it on good faith that this oni wasn't a deceiver, so she wasn't immediate to distrust... still, could the presence of Suika actually turn things worse? The princess said it best -- there wasn't all that much to lose except for pride. Shuffling close to Eirin and Kaguya, who were whispering, she listened in as the Lunarian princess spoke, the rabbit giving a quick nod. "Umm... if I may, she's a little wild, but I think she's trustworthy." Reisen looked up at the doctor next; the decision would ultimately be hers, since both of the others were expecting her to lead, as usual. "At the very least, the princess might enjoy her lively company. Right?"
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Main Character

Postby Eirin Yagokoro » 03 Aug 2013 05:40

There was a moment for a reserved chuckle from Eirin as she watched Reisen accomplish her new task, keenly observing the Lunar Rabbit's method of approaching the Earthborns. The disconnect been the two breeds was obvious as her initial attempts fell, quite literally, upon deaf ears. That her apprentice would continue despite her first failure was not the biggest surprise to Eirin, but was still a pleasant one. She admired her persistence, though, as the rushed gesticulations of the Reisen were enough to convey the message, a tiny, sly grin crossing her lips as she watched the entourage reorient themselves towards the Mansion of Eientei - the grey-haired doctor may or may not have given her apprentice an approving nod afterwards.

In truth, even Eirin had her share of difficulties inc ommunicating with the earth rabbits; Tewi often served as her liasion, and when she was not present, the youkai rabbits tended to be scarcely found in the doctor's presence. Perhaps it was her imposing station and seemingly intimidating nature? There were always the rumors, as well - the rabbits could not seem to get enough of them. Eirin dismissed the train of thought just as a novel scent demanded her full attention.

The fragrant smell in question was not unfamiliar to Eirin, as she was able to readily identify it as none other than that of sake. Such a fine aroma, in moderation, was enjoyable, much like the brew that it originated from. This misty particulate, however, went far beyond that, overpowering the senses. The Hourai Pharmacist had only met the diminutive bacchanalian in passing, and it was always at a party of sorts, but she seemed cheerful enough, as evidenced by her booming voice and jovial tone - one that seemed to be perfectly contrasted by Eirin's (near) silence and introverted nature.

'First impressions are often entirely wrong.' Eirin recounted in her head, but the doctor was still annoyed by the racuous oni. In the few seconds that she had introduced herself (formally), Suika had managed to cross all of Eirin's senses save for touch. The Princess and even her apprentice seemed to recognize the petite catastrophe, and thus Eirin would continue to remain quiet, choosing to carefully observe the burgeoning interactions between Kaguya and the Oni. After all, she had wanted to meet more of the residents of Gensokyo. Ever the benign type, Eirin would give the oni a polite nod and a courteous, though brief, greeting.

"Good morning, Suika." The tone of Eirin's voice betrayed nothing of her preceding reaction to the oni's abrupt entrance, though Kaguya's actions ensured that her dialogue was brief as her attention was sequestered in an aside - one that Reisen was quick to join.

Kaguya Houraisan wrote:"This may cause trouble, intentional or otherwise...but we both have the means of keeping ourselves out of trouble, should it arise. ... In any case, I have nothing to lose, except pride, should this...rather sudden adventure end catastrophically..."

Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: "Umm... if I may, she's a little wild, but I think she's trustworthy. ... "At the very least, the princess might enjoy her lively company. Right?"

"It is not just your pride at stake, but your namesake as well, Princess. The Tengu reporter has been kind in the past, but I highly doubt she'd be able to resist such a scoop if this escalated to disaster." Eirin cautioned the Lunar Princess, though she knew there was no talking her out of this decision; she was quick to divert her eyes away from Kaguya to the young apprentice at her other side, an action that was not common to her.

Kaguya Houraisan wrote:"Do you think it's wise to listen to her?"

"Wise? I hesitate to say so. There is no reason we cannot be civil, though. An oni is nothing if not honest, and Reisen seems to agree with your decision, Princess." Eirin tapped her chin as if to exaggerate that she was considering the proposal at hand. "It will, at the very least, provide a unique insight into the daily lives of the village people."

"We accept your generous offer, Suika, if you will guide us." Eirin turned to face the oni, dwarfing her as she stood at her full height.
Eirin Yagokoro
Main Character

Postby Suika Ibuki » 10 Aug 2013 21:31

Suika tilted her head with a goofy smile on face while the Eientei residents discussed her offer. She was used to how people always raised an eyebrow to her offers. They had their reasons, after all, she was the one who gathered everyone for never-ending parties for her own pleasure. They totally needed 'em though, Gensokyo was a BORING place before her revealing, only danmaku duels and incidents. Not that she disliked both...
When the trio finally took her offer, the lil' pandemonium clapped her hands in excitement. It was party time!

Great choice! Ya'll won't regret this~
Shall we? We have a lot of places to go and visit.

As she went to the front of the caravan, two puffs of mist left her own head to form into two mini-Suikas a bit later. They would bring much joy to the entourage, and serve as guides to the horde of bunnies.

Follow the oni leader!

Arms wide open to each side side, Suika started to walk in the direction of the village center, where the major movement of the market was. Reisen probably knew it already, but it would be a nice new experience for Kaguya and even Eirin.

So do ya have any particular interest, nice people? Medicine, furniture, clothes... I can name all of the food stands in order of quality of the sake they offer~

Priorities, as always. Nothing was more important to an oni than a good dose of a nice sake.

If ya'll like strong drinks, there's only one place in the village that serves quality Onigoroshi. I know the one who supplies the place, so we can get a discount. It's for later though, the better always come in the end, hehehe~
Suika Ibuki
Alternate Character

Postby Kaguya Houraisan » 17 Aug 2013 21:29

[quote=]Great choice! Ya'll won't regret this~
Shall we? We have a lot of places to go and visit. Follow the oni leader!
[/quote]

The princess was easily startled by the oni's rather blind acceptance, even if her escorts were suspicious. She seemed trustworthy enough, even if her clock of sanity was stuck constantly at half-past sense. Still, her rather lively offer seemed to hold promise, as Kaguya followed along. "My, she's a rather spirited girl..." the princess offered, as a general reply. Perhaps, more a statement of fact than anything else, but the stranger Earthborn were often the most amusing. "I'm sure you'll make an excellent guide, Suika-san. Please, you may lead on."

[quote=]So do ya have any particular interest, nice people? Medicine, furniture, clothes... I can name all of the food stands in order of quality of the sake they offer~ If ya'll like strong drinks, there's only one place in the village that serves quality Onigoroshi. I know the one who supplies the place, so we can get a discount. It's for later though, the better always come in the end, hehehe~[/quote]

As she followed, listening to the oni's rambling, the princess tuned out the tiny bit about the Onigoroshi. That would be madness, even for a superior Lunarian constitution, and the princess's own tolerance for alcohol was unusually low already. However, it was the lives of the people that interested her most. The curious princess responded with an odd fascination. "Well, might you tell us of some interesting food venues? Perhaps some interesting places to buy any clothing? I may want to see anything else there is to offer, in this place..." She certainly dealt with medicine and clothes quite often, and fancied herself a pinnacle of Earthbound fashion. Despite being born on Luna, she was something for these proles to aspire to. "I would like to be lead to whatever of those categories strikes your fancy."
Kaguya Houraisan
Main Character

Next

Return to Human Village