[Open] Cat CHAOS (help help help)

Locations: Village School, Hieda House

[Open] Cat CHAOS (help help help)

Postby Chen » 25 May 2013 03:00

Now you see it, now you really wish you hadn't. Gosh, that vase sure used to be expensive.

                  - - -

 "Excuse me-" "Coming through-" Chen dashed through the market square, pushing passersby left and right like swinging doors.

 "If I were a kitten from my cat village," she breathed, "and I were an idiot, where would I go?"
SQUISH, SQUELCH. "Uh oh." Chen sprinted to the Sunday fruit stand, and saw her worst-case scenario.

 The hindquarters of a cat, sticking out of a watermelon, back legs scrabbling in the air, fruit salad flying straight into the ruined cart vendor's face.

 "Get OUT of there!" Chen screeched, grabbing the kitten and forcing a branch of catnip into its mouth. "Ow! Ow!" Far too slowly for her comfort, the kitten melted into her arms and began to purr drowsily. She tossed him onto a nearby windowsill and used the cart's now-useless jam jar as a makeshift cage. "You can wait here while you think about what you just did."

 As Chen rubbed the scratches on her arm, she wondered which would be harder to subdue: the cat, or the fruit vendor who was quickly increasing in both anger and volume. "I'm sooooo sorry. Listen, I'll pay you back for everything! Fine, I'll pay double. Yeah - one watermelon, all the grape jam, and those bana-"
CRASH. "- sorrygottago." The sound, following Murphy's Law like a criminal on probation, had come straight from - where else? - Celia's Costly Ceramics. You know, the store with the "No Bulls and No Children" sign?

 Chen spun around, ducking her head in embarrassment and hunting for cat fiasco #2. In her panicked search, she happened to spot you. "God, am I glad to see a friendly face here! Listen, you gotta help me out. There are like six more cats running around, and I have no idea where they are! (What could've gotten into them?! I swear, they're usually the nicest things.)" She tossed you a branch of catnip, and did the same for one or two other big-name youkai in the crowd. "I'll owe you five favors. They don't bite, I swear!"

[[Thread rules for how you should handle cat/noncat NPCs: they do whatever lets you write the most entertaining post.]]
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."
Chen
Main Character

Re: [Open] Cat CHAOS (help help help)

Postby Ran Yakumo » 25 May 2013 18:50

Ran thought, thought, today would be a relatively unbusy day. Go to market, pick up food and supplies for dinner, maybe get some laundry done, bother some people and act all mysterious, all in the normal day for the nine tailed kon. She'd probably have to wrangle her shikigami at some point or another, but Chen always came running when Ran made dinner. The good part about cats was that they tended to know where their next meal was. What Ran wasn't expecting was...this.

"...Chen..." a few moments, trying to get over her shock of the little shikigami chasing after a gaggle of cats, throwing catnip at her. "What in the name of the Border are you doing?!" her mind switching through various permutations and reasons why this would be occurring. Her arms full of bags and packages, only a quick movement of her fully tail prevents the catnip from falling to the ground. "Why are you chasing these cats?! Why are you throwing catnip at me?! What's going on?!"

Unnoticed by Ran, though perhaps not by Chen, a rather fat tom, grey with black stripes, seems to saunter up between Ran's legs and, with a lazy claw, slices one of her bags open, letting fall a wrapped package full of fish. Chen's dinner most likely. With a self-satisfied expression, the tom picks it up in his mouth and runs off into the back alleys of the town.
Ran Yakumo
Main Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 31 May 2013 06:52

If you ask her yourself, the answer would probably range from ‘gathering information’ to ‘have nothing else to do’.

You would think that the streets of Old Hell are sufficient for that. It must be what they call writer’s block, the terrible adversary that forces every writer to do something drastic in order to write even a single sentence more. That’s why she’s here at the streets of the Human Village instead, wearing her trusty hood and tattered cloak…which has seen a lot of use lately. Human lives in abundance around her, she can’t risk breaking a riot nearby when all she wanted was to observe.

Not that they need the help, she noticed.

The first thing she noticed while she enters the market square is that it looks strangely like home. Not in the whole blazing fires and bleak, abandon all hope type of atmosphere, but with all the cats running around creating havoc. Granted, her own cats never quite manage to create this much havoc in a single sitting, but that was largely because of hers and Rin’s efforts. While it’s not up to her to question the surface’s pet caring methods (she can question it though, oh she will), this situation is admittedly not the most shining example of it.

Dodging the bits and pieces of fruits flying from the vendor’s general direction, Satori notices the nekomata possibly responsible for the well-being of these cats, one way or the other. She remembers Orin mentioned her a few times, “Good cat,” she thought, “A bit too immature to be in charge of a whole village of cats though.” Satori can certainly see that. Even if she normally is a responsible sort, it’s pretty clear that she has lost the plot here. Adding to the fact that her thoughts are currently a jumble of multiple different situations and cursory mind-reading won’t be able to help that much in getting to the root of the situation.

Judging by her master’s exasperated expression, it doesn’t seem that she knows what’s going on either.

“Quite a break from the norm, I take it?” Satori says as she makes her way towards the slightly slack-jawed fox standing nearby with all her groceries. Before the fox can answer, the cat cuts her off with a hasty greeting, mission briefing and method of retrieval. All in 10 seconds flat, impressive. Because of her proximity to Ran, Satori receives a branch of catnip for her trouble and officially got dragged into this mess. She’s pretty sure that Chen never knew who she was under the hood, assuming that she’s a youkai just by virtue of approaching and striking a conversation with Ran.

Noticing a black-furred one disappearing into the alleyway nearby, Satori shrugs and takes off in pursuit…or what can charitably be called pursuit as she has no sense of urgency on her steps. Of course she also notices the grey one having his way with the Yakumo’s dinner, but she figured that one’s personal.
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Chen » 07 Jun 2013 04:42

[[Sorry about the wait - I wanted to see whether more people would join first.]]

 If you think the fruit vendor was angry, try the china shop owner who'd just stepped on a fragment of her own broken vase. Specifically, the large display vase that had fallen over when, purely by coincidence, a miniature hurricane blew through the... yeah, right.

 Chen could eventually scrounge up the money to pay the fruit vendor for the watermelon, but this time... let's put it this way. Imagine you dropped all of Chen's money on one side of a scale, and then you dropped the price of the vase on the other side. Then you'd win the Gensokyo Catapult Competition.

 On the positive side, some people had shown up to help! On the one hand, Ran was here, and she saw what was happening. Hurrah! As one of the only youkai in Gensokyo who can be described as "a responsible adult," surely she would be able to help her shikigami out. On the other hand, Ran is here, and she sees what's happening. Chen felt, accurately, like she had failed at the one thing she was supposed to do best. And Ran was here to witness it. I'm so embarrassed... Oh, and also, let's not forget the china shop owner who was charging Chen in more than one way.

 Torn between her "hide behind Ran" and "hide from Ran" impulses, Chen panicked. She ran after the fish-stealing tomcat, yelling behind her, "Never fear, shop owner! I'll catch that cat who knocked over your vase who I definitely have never seen before in my life!" And with that, she fled the scene.

 While chasing her grey thick-furred miscreant through the village's twisty maze of alleyways, Chen saw a black cat cross her path. Behind it followed the hooded girl from the square. "Hurry," Chen told her, "now's our chance!" She waved her catnip wildly, blocking off one escape for the pair of cats, and slowly closed in, hoping the cloaked girl would stand her ground.

I really don't understand what's gotten into these cats, Chen was thinking. They haven't been this rowdy since the snow melted.
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."
Chen
Main Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 23 Jun 2013 10:32

If you thought that those shopkeepers are angry on the surface, you should try hearing their thoughts. Various words not-quite-fitting to be published in this print are commonplace, mainly because there is such thing as being unspeakably angry that you lose your ability to articulately form words and instead merely content to air them in the realm of psyche. Luckily for them the friendly neighborhood Satori is there and those words are not going to be wasted, fading away harmlessly to oblivion. What a waste of thought that is.

The current situation’s a few steps away from utter pandemonium. Cats running loose, nimbly dodging between the comparatively more sluggish crowd of humans, causing havoc whenever they can, mainly with stealing foods and toppling everything else they can get their paws on. Screams of lost souls, or rather just vendors with lost items, echo through the narrow streets. Normally Satori would just sit back and think how she can use this event as inspiration for her writings, but she has a soft spot for cats.

That’s why she feels compelled to follow Chen when she raised the adrenaline levels of the cat-pursuer, a ragtag group of cat-chasers just formed a few minutes ago. The fact that she honestly has no idea why the cats are behaving this way, combined with the accusing thoughts forming in the minds of the shopkeepers awakens an all-too-familiar feeling in Satori.

Truly a blast from the past…

“Hurry, now’s our chance!” As the nekomata utters those words and dashes forward, Satori felt a sudden jolt of thought from the black cat. It’s as if he just heard thunder struck nearby, an explosion of firecrackers just besides his ear, or someone blowing a trumpet into his ears. In any case, black’s scared half to death and without even a warning leapt towards Satori.

He also knocks her hood loose, revealing her face and, more importantly, her third eye for a precious few moments.

With a somewhat rarely-seen feat of reflex, Satori manages to fix her hood with her left hand and snatches the leaping cat her right arm. With the same motion she turns the cat face-to-face with her, the cat who by now is trying to struggle for survival…sort of.

“Meooowrr, nyawr mraaawr!”

SUBTITLE: “Mraaawgh, lemme go!”

“You’re a smart cat, you should know what will happen if you don’t comply.”

“Nyaa, myaaa…”

SUBTITLE: “You wouldn’t…”

Satori begins to tickle him behind his front legs.

“Mrawwwrhoho!! Meow! Meowrwh…”

SUBTITLE: “Nyahahaha!! Haha! Please…stop! Mercy…”

At the hint of the cat gasping for air, Satori ceases her ministrations. “Are you in the mood for talking now?”

“Nyarowr…Meow myaa…”

SUBTITLE: “I was just hungry…Only stole a couple of dried fish is all…”

Satori kept staring at him, unamused.

“Myaorrwr, unyaa…”

SUBTITLE: “And a watermelon…”

“Good. Now go tell her all the details.” She flips back the cat to his original position…now face to face with the nekomata with the catnip. Satori could feel the nervousness already.
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Ran Yakumo » 29 Jun 2013 20:21

Ran was going to give chase. She really was. A curt nod to Satori and the fox shikigami is already looking at Chen, about to either chew her out, or more likely help. Really. She was going to. We swear. What instead happened was a series of events. Ran noticed Chen's dinner being stolen, the fox bending down to try and chase the cat, catnip in hand. Yelling out a hurried, "we'll talk about this later!" the fox runs after the fleeing kitty.

High above, however, another cat, this one small, white, looking probably domestic, seems to watch the environs with a touch of glee. Wanting to do right by catkind perhaps, the white cat, lets call her Snowball, tiptoes onto the roof and notices an idea object for pushing; a full pot of fake flowers, bought recently from the Outside World. With a delicate shove of her rear end, Snowball pushes the pot down, the thing hurtling to the ground and, as luck would have it, right onto Ran's head, stunning her.

That would be bad, of course, but what happens next is worse. One of the melons that Chen had accidentally disgorged seems to roll out onto the street, this not pushed by a cat but merely placed there by the universe's own sense of humor perhaps (Or this is Yukari's fault. Probably a safe bet). Ran, stumbling, trips over it, and, with a loud CRASH, lands right into a cart full of said melons, the fox's head stuck inside of one. She's fine, of course, but looks to be out of it for now.

(Yakumo Ran may have left the thread!)
Ran Yakumo
Main Character

Postby Chen » 06 Jul 2013 04:28

 Chen flinched and readied her pounce position. But no worries - the girl, Little Black Riding Hood, subdued the rogue cat like a mongoose catching a snake.

 The girl's reflexes were only the third most interesting thing about her, though. "Woah!!" Chen jumped forwards, mouth agape. "You can talk to cats too? Are you a nekomata, or a kasha, or...? What's your name, by the way?" I sure am lucky, Chen thought, to have her here to help.

 Come to think of it, Chen hadn't seen any cat ears when the girl's hood blew back. But you never know with ears - Orin, for one, has both cat ears and human ears. (Does that mean she can hear twice as well?) With that in mind, the only strange element was the magenta hair.

 Relieving Hood Girl of the little jaguar, Chen started to navigate back to the main square. What in Gensokyo could these monsters be after? They're acting like dogs! Are they just breaking things for the sake of chaos? There's no reason for any of this! Her inner monologue was soon cut short, however, by a new disaster.

 Chen barreled into the market square just in time to see her master's face plant firmly into a plant. "Ran!! Are you okay?!" She looked around wildly, just in time to see Ran's assailant Snowball placidly licking her paws on the roof. "That's it. You hit the last straw five straws ago." Chen took off and flew up, spell cards at the ready, safety be damned. Snowball, meanwhile, calmly gestured down into the square and meowed.

mriiew. prrrrrr.

 "What? What could look worse than this?" Chen turned her head, and saw a horrific sight: an orange streaked calico, crouching next to the stunned Ran, teeth bared.

 Snowball, again: mrrreeeowwll. mii.

 "Hostage situation?! Cat language shouldn't even have a word for that!"

Congratulations, you found my secret fake signature! This thread should get fun, but don't get anyone seriously sratched up, you hear? This isn't "grimdark". Oh, I hope Ran stays in the thread, she's great.
Chen
Main Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 15 Jul 2013 19:53

"Woah!!" Chen jumped forwards, mouth agape. "You can talk to cats too? Are you a nekomata, or a kasha, or...? What's your name, by the way?" I sure am lucky, Chen thought, to have her here to help.

“I am…more complicated than that.” At the question about her name Satori felt hesitant to answer it for a moment, before relenting in and let out a simple “The name’s Komeiji Satori. For a reason or two I cannot afford to let this hood down. Call it evading unwanted attention based on preconceived notions.” She believed that as a member of the Yakumo household Chen is aware of her identity as a youkai of the Underground, can handle the matter in a discreet fashion, and not needlessly reveal her identity to the village at large…maybe.

Looking away from the cats and the conversation, Satori took a little break from the ‘interrogation’ to spy at the market at large. The pandemonium have started to die down a bit but pockets of resistance have been brewing…relatively speaking. It’s hard to say those that have been wronged by the cats are not entitled to go irrationally mad at the cruelty of it all…but gathering crowds and spouting mention of coordinated attack isn’t what she had in mind at first. Hopefully that by settling things relatively discreetly no one had to result in torches and pitchforks style mobs and it wouldn’t have to get ugly, but it doesn’t seem that the matter would be settled that easily, gathering the information from Chen’s thoughts.

Really, the Shrine Maiden might say that it’s an incident.

While Satori has always subscribed to the newsletter that basically said ‘incident solving should be left to the professional, children, merchants, farmers and other unprofessional incident solver shouldn’t apply’, this particular incident shouldn’t inconvenience the Shrine Maiden and the lasers n’ explosions Magician. She said that as someone not really predisposed on the method those two employ…but really, their method is totally inappropriate when the opponent are just ordinary cats. Intelligent ordinary cats, and might be on their way at becoming a nekomata like their protector, but still cats nonetheless. Satori feels that the extent of heavy-handed approach for those cats should be tickles and vaguely menacing threats.

Just as she thought that, Chen withdrew one of her spellcards to threaten one of the cats standing on the rooftop near the fallen body of the nine-tailed fox. Shit, as they say, just got real…perhaps. While first impression paint a grim and bleak picture of cat-themed apocalypse, upon closer inspection Ran only slipped and is dazed a bit, she has already stirred out of her stupor at the moment of Chen’s outburst. Satori immediately brought her hand to lightly restrain the nekomata’s action, if only to avoid hasty actions that she will regret later.

“Wait, nekomata…” Fortunately (or unfortunately) for Satori, Chen’s actions are stopped by Snowball herself, calmly explaining in a diabolical mastermind fashion that there’s something much worse waiting for the two of them. Surely enough, her henchman stand ready and waiting next to Ran, and Ran’s groceries, waiting for orders that would change both of them forever.

”Mrooowr. Mrraaawr meoooow mnyaaa!

SUBTITLE: “No no, you’re free to act against me…if you want your dinner to be ruined that is. Nyahahaha!”

“…Ah, that is unforgivable.” No change in expression, tone, or even attention. “Say…Chen is it? Is there some kind of grudge they have against you in particular?” Delving into her mind at this time might prove to be too troublesome, it will be quicker for her to try and remember it herself.
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Ran Yakumo » 27 Jul 2013 20:27

A groan from the fox. A fox that's slowly pulling her head out of the melons, covered in pulp. A fox whose reputation for elegance and power may have been rather tarnished by this incident. The cat, once on her head, seems to be hanging onto Ran's robe for dear life, the multitude of scraches on the fox's neck mostly unnoticed by the sheer rage of the kon. She is not pleased to put it lightly. Not one bit. Chen really hasn't seen Ran like this ever before, with her glowing eyes and outright radiating youki. Well, maybe once. But that was a long time ago and dealt with...on second thought, why don't we not talk about what Chen found in Ran's room. Still, the fox is clearly not happy, her tails bristling as she steps away from the broken cart.

"Chen, sweetie." her voice almost saccharine, as if trying her hardest to not explode, "what did you do to your little friends?" her short blonde hair now out, hat lost forever in the melon (well, at least until it gets a good washing). An errant tail almost brushes the cat off casually, though it flings it with some force a ways away, the yowling feline landing on its feet and shooting a glare at the fox who walks over to her groceries.

Her walk is slow, of course, deliberate, measured. It's clear she's almost daring any of the cats here to try something. Begging almost. Her eye twitching, her smile, grimace really, not fading, she reaches the groceries...the cats near them too scared to move, perhaps. Or maybe, too nervous. Or maybe just waiting for the right moment to slice open another bag and ruin Ran's shopping trip even more...
Ran Yakumo
Main Character

Postby Iku Nagae » 27 Jul 2013 20:30

High above the landscape, snow and scarlet fabric fluttered as Iku Nagae made her rounds through the skies. Everything had seemed normal up to then, until a strong wave of tension nearly bowled the oarfish youkai over. Iku quickly righted herself, all attention directed beneath the clouds. She descended carefully through the clouds, blinking as her crimson eyes adjusted to the muted light.

Nothing struck the oarfish as out of the ordinary when it came to her sense of sight, but the sky was saturated with negativity, practically precipitating out of the atmosphere. Closing her eyes, Iku concentrated on sifting through the myriad of electromagnetic pulses, searching for the source of all this turbulence. After some deliberation, she points 15˚ west of magnetic north. Curiosity and mild annoyance alight in the messenger’s eyes as she discerns a small town right above the tip of her outstretched finger. “Something’s obviously going on there,” Iku thought as she flew towards the small collection of buildings.

Once she neared the outskirts, the messenger of the Water Dragon God realized that this must be the human village, a place she had only heard about in passing. Iku landed gently on the main path, not wishing to further agitate any human residents with a sudden visit from an unfamiliar flying youkai. The messenger brushes any settling dust off of her clothes, intent on making a good impression on the populace.

As she approaches, tension crackles in the oarfish’s ears, reaching a fever pitch. The entrance to the village was oddly peaceful, if one discounted the angry yelling, loud crashes and what sounded oddly like squashing fruit. The only thing that stood out to the messenger was a tortoiseshell kitten sitting in the middle of the path. It’s a tiny thing, all paws and head and tail and fluff- but its posture was reminiscent of a military lookout. And it was staring at Iku, intelligent golden eyes narrowed and tail twitching. Baring its tiny eyeteeth, the kitten stands up and yowls, fleeing towards the town square.

Unable to distinguish between the myriads of individual emotions, the dragon’s emissary had no way to uncover the felines’ fiendish plot. Intent on following the mottled kitten, Iku did not see the crude rope snare half-buried with dust. A second too late she realized her mistake. In one fluid motion, the snare tightened around her ankle, hoisting the poor oarfish youkai up into air.

Thinking quickly, she claps one hand to her hat and with the other bunches the edge of her skirt together, hopefully keeping it from creating a front-page news story that a certain tengu reporter would love to spread all throughout Gensokyo. One good thing about dangling ten feet in the air from a tree is that Iku now had a wonderful view of the center of town, albeit upside-down. It took the oarfish a few seconds to decipher the bizarre scene: A watermelon-spattered kitsune, a seemingly young cat youkai, and a woman in a dark hooded cloak were all huddled together, surrounded by… more cats? “That orange one looks suspiciously like it’s threatening... Just what is going on here?!” she wonders aloud, utterly lost. Taking in a deep breath, Iku swallows down her growing embarrassment, calling out to anyone who could hear her, “Excuse me! Could someone please help me down from here?” a rather impressive blush coloring her steadily reddening face. So much for making a good impression.
Iku Nagae
Main Character

Postby Chen » 04 Aug 2013 04:35

 When you're yelled at, it's easy. 'Cause then you can get mad at the person screaming at you, and maybe yell back a little, and now it's their fault, or at least that's how it feels.

 Ran was not making this easy.

 "I - I didn't -" Rats. Chen could feel her eyes welling up. The more she tried to talk, the more her voice squeaked and the closer she got to running away and curling up into a ball. "I didn't -" So embarrassed. I can't just- wah- Her face flushed red. She breathed in. Then she breathed out. Then she breathed in, slowly, calmly. Then she breathed out again. Then she started crying. Then a kitty jumped on her head.

 "Owowowowwww!" That cat had just pounded Chen's reset button, hard. "Augh - ger'off! - I didn't do anything!" Chen tore the cat off her face and flew down to a landing near Ran, holding the mongrel in front of her. "Catnip's too good for you." She grabbed the deceased remains of a watermelon, plunked one hemisphere over the cat's head, and then sat on it. "I - I swear, I didn't do anything! They're all just going nuts! S-Snowball - she's gotta be the one behind it! Aaa! It's not mah fault!" She didn't even care whether or not she was crying now.

 Meanwhile, Chen's thoughts had abandoned her speech center entirely for fear of structural collapse. They instead dug up a worrying realization. Isn't this the same orange kitten that I trapped under a huge jam jar earlier? That jar took both hands to carry! What kind of operation are they staging?

You found my fake signature. I took forever procrastinating this post, and forever coming up with anything, and forever saying "This is way too bland to post." I'm still disappointed. Blaugh. Sorry. Next time I'll just post filler instead of waiting 7 days for inspiration. Also, I left Iku for someone else to save, but *points out Iku can fly*
Chen
Main Character

Postby Satori Komeiji » 06 Aug 2013 10:57

Chen’s sudden outburst startled Satori. The rush of emotion emanating from her pretty much signifies that the nekomata is experiencing some sort of breakdown, which means that she genuinely feels that she’s not the cause of the catpage. Not aware of it mind you, there are plenty of examples of unintentional deeds or simple misunderstandings being the main motivation of tragedies and she won’t discount that fact just yet. Somehow Satori doesn’t think the Kon would discount both of the possibilities either, judging by the exchange they’re in the process is going in a reasonable rate…if decidedly not a pleasant experience for Chen.

The gravity of the situation means that the tension between master and servant, onmyouji and shikigami won’t be easy to penetrate, and Satori feels that the being in the background seems a preferable temporary solution. Strange though, there seemed to be another neutral thought earlier questioning what happened in the village market. Satori started searching left and right for another question popping out in the middle of the confused crowd but the voice remained elusive…

Excuse me!

Satori looked up, and suddenly the mystery’s solved.

Could someone please help me down from here?

The first thing that Satori noticed is What a fancy dress that is. The embarrassing state she’s in, while seems to distract from the earlier fact won’t placate the masses from it too long. It’s a far cry from the tattered hood that she wears, and yet it’s fitting for a messenger from a heavenly place.

While the pair’s distracted with the immediate cat problem, Satori saw fit to address the other immediate problem of hooked fish. The almost poetic situation of a resident of one hell saving a messenger of a heavenly place isn’t lost on Satori, though she doesn’t care that much for the distinction in the first place. Among the commotion she decided to float towards the tied youkai. Within a few seconds, the rope is cut loose, and the hanged figure is free to fall with her own pace.

“Try not to fall too hard…” The warning might have come too late, but Messengers of the Dragon Palace aren’t known for their ability to drop from the heavens like a rock. So she’s counting on her to exercise those flight muscles of hers…and well, she did say helping her down, not necessarily catching her fall.
Satori Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Ran Yakumo » 17 Aug 2013 20:40

There's few things that cause Ran to stop once she's set her mind to something. A word from her mistress is one of them, the fox expertly trained. But the other is the cry of Chen. Chen has always been one of the centers of Ran's life and seeing her upset like this...much of her anger fades. The cat ignored, the bushy fox looks suddenly guilty, walking over with some purpose and kneeling down, wrapping her own shikigami in a tight hug.

"It's okay, it's okay." a pat, the fox's bushy tails wrapping around. She smells a great deal like watermelon, her clothes already getting sticky. "We'll fix this. You're a smart girl Chen, I know you can do it" her voice full of compassion and kindness, clearly worrying for the little cat's well being.

Of course, it also gives ample time for Ran to be exposed. Something that one of the brave cats seems to exploit. Racing forward with purpose in its eyes, it maneuvers to shred a great deal of Ran's robe, causing the damaged garment to come down at her upper thigh, revealing, if one looks carefully, at least some underwear.

The Kon's eeeep and blush may be legendary as she spins with shock and confusion in her eyes, the touching and tender moment forgotten...
Ran Yakumo
Main Character

Postby Chen » 31 Aug 2013 21:22

[[Temporarily skipping Iku to prevent premature thread death.]]

 “It's not my - *mmmph*.” Chen squeezed her face into Ran's tummy. She stopped yelling and listened. With everything falling apart around her, she needed someone to lean on. Someone with a soothing voice. Especially if leaning on that person also let her hide her face.

 In the last fifteen minutes, Chen had heard approximately 73 variations of “What's wrong with your cats?”, in increasing order of decibels. Insulting as it may be, the question itched, and it kept coming back no matter how hard she scratched it away.

 “M-maybe if we figure out what they want they'll stop,” Chen squeaked, still muffled by Ran's dress. With her eyes shut, she had no idea of any tomcatfoolery that could be ripping a run into Ran's robe.

 “B-but Mayohiga doesn't have any dogs, or floods, and t-there's lots of umbrellas, and even catnip if they're good. M-maybe the pillows are all scratched up? Maybe they don't like the food? Or they're bored and they need more games?”

 All that sounded reasonable. Ran might be nodding - Chen couldn't see. But no. It couldn't be the pillows, or the food, or games. There's a reason why none of those could possibly be right.

 “No! If they wanted better food, they'd just tell me 'This food sucks!' And I'd get them better food. They wouldn't start a battle!” If those cats know how to do anything, it's complain to get what they want. Oh, and don't think they're complaining all the time either. It's practically Chen's job to make them stop whining. And not to brag, but I'm good at it. The root of this revolution can't just be a complaint. It has to be something else.

Think crazy!

...This ordeal is crazy enough already...
Chen
Main Character

Postby Iku Nagae » 14 Sep 2013 19:16

With a loud ‘snap!’ the rope entangling Heaven’s emissary breaks, gravity claiming its catch once more. Acting quickly, Iku flares out her shawl, both slowing her decent and giving her the leverage to flip herself upright. The oarfish youkai lands softly, somehow managing to move gracefully despite her previously undignified situation. That singular calm wavelength stands out to Iku, an abnormality in a sea of anger, rage and confusion. As she gets to her feet, it becomes apparent that the calm belongs to the girl who rescued her, lilac hair peeking out from a well-worn cloak. She couldn’t place the species, but the oarfish could tell that it was a youkai who freed her, not a human.

Bowing her head and curtsying politely, Iku addresses the unfamiliar youkai. “Thank you for releasing me, I cannot thank you enough. I am Iku, of the Nagae, messenger to the Water Dragon God.” She pauses slightly to gather her thoughts, the constant buzzing of the upset villagers wearing heavily on her. “By any chance would you happen-“

Iku winces as a powerful wave of embarrassment crashes into her lateral line, followed by an ear-splitting shriek. Looking past the cloaked girl, the oarfish is met with the sight of the kitsune desperately trying to cover herself, a large rip torn into her robe by a malicious feline. The sheer amount of negative emotions coming from both nekomata and fox is now somewhat painful to the empath, not even counting the rest of the angry humans milling about.

Nodding slightly towards her rescuer, Iku walks over to the distraught kitsune, wobbling slightly from the intensity of her distress. A fierce internal debate rages in the emissary’s head, weighing her current options- She could either help the poor woman and deal with the consequences of severely reducing her own defenses, or deal with her steadily increasing headache while figuring out what in the name of Makai is happening in this madhouse. With a sigh, Iku shrugs off her shawl, holding the flowing fabric out to Ran.

“Here, please take this for now.” The oarfish says gently, trying to calm the mortified kitsune. Of course, the white-furred queen from earlier takes advantage of Iku’s distraction, jumping onto her shoulders with claws extended. Snowball whacks the messenger across the face, before grabbing her black hat and tearing off a side road. The oarfish recoils as the cat makes off with her sunhat, looking utterly bewildered, still offering her scarlet and white shawl to the kitsune.
Iku Nagae
Main Character

Next

Return to Human Village