[Open to All] Day of the Living Umbrella.

Locations: Village School, Hieda House

[Open to All] Day of the Living Umbrella.

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 11 May 2013 02:03

(Just a note for clarification: The curse does not affect minds or anything like that. It's simply an intangible manifestation of Kogasa's spite. Unless you are a human or possibly a very weak youkai, you probably won't be so scared you run in circles shouting 'the sky is falling'. Kogasa's spite is directed towards humans, or at least those she perceives being human. If you're a non-human, powerful, and/or can generally keep your cool, you might feel uneasy at most, and certainly suspicious of what has changed if you've met Kogasa before. At the very least, assume you feel the power of Kogasa's curse now and act accordingly.)

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:"Your desire for revenge, I can use as the basis to craft a curse spell. As long as you hold onto this desire, this curse will strike fear and unease into the hearts of humans around you. But beware, I cannot predict how people will react when subjected to the effect of this spell, and not all of the consequences of the curse will be apparent right away. Are you certain that you want me to grant your wish?"

That wonderful wizard opposite vampire magician of Voile's words echoed in Kogasa's mind. Finally she'd get what she deserves. Everyone who laughed, and especially those who ignored her before would finally pay her the respect that was due! There was only one place in the world where the spiteful umbrella wished to be now, and the winds couldn't carry the karakasa to her destination fast enough.

What would have normally been just another hapless youkai breezing into town on an inflated ego, became something far more terrifying instead. Though nothing has changed about her appearance, there is something suffocating in the air about the cheery forgotten umbrella now. Something dreadful, powerful, fearsome, and entirely unknown. The soured feelings neglect has wrought, the collective pain which grew each passing day that the umbrella sat motionless in a garbage heap, everything Kogasa felt from the moment she grew conscious; all of these things were now condensed and amplified, channeled through a curse which dominates the heterochromatic terror's presence now.

Outwardly, she appears to be the same awkward umbrella girl who occasionally caused problems but was rarely seen. That's what makes Kogasa most chilling of all now. No one can see the incorporeal storm of emotions behind those red and blue eyes, but it can be felt. Fear of the unknown, the domain of a stranger Kogasa had scarcely missed meeting years ago...

"An umbrella could get used to this."

Kogasa thinks to herself with glee as villagers jump at even the slightest inflection of movement made towards them now. She would have to thank that magician later. It is upon realizing that she hasn't even done anything to cause people to jump out of her way, that a wicked grin widens over the tsukumogami's face.

Holding her umbrella half in hand, Kogasa floats leisurely to the town center, perching herself atop the highest roof. Sitting silently for a moment, she finally speaks her will:

"BERO BERO BAA!"

Swooping down upon the village, all chaos breaks loose. It was wonderful, truly wonderful. Something that would have simply gotten her an odd look, if not outright ignored before was instead sending the village into madness far more fitting of a time when the sky really is falling.

"This is the best day of my life!" She can't help but blurt out in glee. Certainly nothing could possibly ruin this for Kogasa, clearly.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Re: [Open to All] Day of the Living Umbrella.

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 16 May 2013 02:47

The dark and fearful presence of the karakasa was not the worst feeling in the air of the human village, today. No, hovering silently behind her was the shinigami, Komachi Onozuka. Smoke-like black tendrils exuded from her body. Her massive scythe brightly reflected the sunlight from the razor sharp blade. Light that somehow did not reach the top of her face. The shadows from her hair left her face black, all the way down to the grinding snarl she wore on her lips. Oh today just wasn't to be the umbrella's day at all.

“YOU!” The word burst out in a gravelly bellow, as she locked her free hand onto the top of Kogasa's head. “So you are the one ruining my day off!”

She squeezed a bit on the umbrella's head, driving her point home. That being, Komachi was less than pleased.
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 16 May 2013 22:55

A dark power that makes one feel off handed if not terrified? A certain witch doesn’t need that! But sadly, Marisa Kirisame was in the village, looking to see if there was anything to find/borrow/exterminate and having not luck what so ever, so she decided it was time to leave until the sky started to change, making her feel unease like that time she was in Makai. There were some crazy people in there. It was then that she took notice to the people starting to panic like something was about to drop on their heads. Looks like a job opening just appeared.

It didn’t take long until the witch had found the cause of it or what she assumes is the cause as she stops and hovers on that broom of hers, looking to see a Karakasa and… A shinigami? Seeing that shinigami there was far worse than what was going on in the sky. “H-Hey!” She would yell out to the two, taking a moment to look at Kogasa before directing her attention to Komachi. “Clearly you’re the cause of this! Did that yama put you up to this or are you here to see how many souls you can collect before you get caught!?”
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Koishi Komeiji » 17 May 2013 23:02

There was something a bit off today.

Rather, something other than Koishi strolling through the Human Village. Normally, she wasn't very welcome in the village due to uneducated residents believing she was still a Satori with mind-reading powers; but then again, "normally" didn't characterize Koishi very well at all. No, something else was different around here. But Koishi couldn't really put her finger at it. Maybe it was the fact that no one in the village was screaming bloody murder at her presence and rushing to bolt their doors.

Well, actually, they were rushing to bolt their doors and screaming bloody murder, but it was definitely for a different reason. Koishi furrowed her brow as she walked nonchalantly through the village while various humans ran amok. Her eyes shivered slightly, as though she they couldn't focus on what was in front of her... Koishi could not read the subconscious of any of the humans around her. They were.... Blocked. A purple miasma covered the depths of the surrounding minds, and ultimately, Koishi couldn't see anything, not why they were scared nor why they were running around.

"Curious..." Koishi said out loud. Something was blocking her power? Unheard of! Koishi should have been angry, or perhaps even scared. But matching emotions to situations was never really her strong suit. Koishi simply frowned and kept walking. On the bright side, she didn't have to worry about subconscious-reading overload.

She stopped. An umbrella and a scythe hovered high on top of a roof. Well, actually, wait, no. Upon closer inspection, it was two women holding an umbrella and scythe!

Same difference.

But the actual difference that caught her attention was the fact that these two didn't have blocked minds. Koishi felt an amalgamation of disgust, loneliness, abhorrence, and vengeance. Though she couldn't really tell who owned what emotion; not at this range. She pursed her lips and flew high in the sky to match the altitude of the other two. There Koishi floated, just waiting and watching the two there.

She looked visibly peeved at something, though really she was just thinking. Was one of these two the culprit?
Koishi Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 21 May 2013 21:31

Yep, this was finally the umbrella's day. Kogasa's having way to much fun swooping amidst the chaos her presence now caused. This fear was simply too delicio-

“YOU!” The word burst out in a gravelly bellow, as she locked her free hand onto the top of Kogasa's head. “So you are the one ruining my day off!”

Kogasa knew something felt off on that last swoop. When the shinigami grabbed the karakasa's humanoid half, her umbrella half continued along the original path it was on. So lost in the moment was she that it actually takes her umbrella half a moment to realize something was missing. Turning around to see the all too familiar heterochromatic girl in peril, Kogasa's umbrella rushes back, tongue-first at her captor. It may not be the best of ideas to make things physical with a shinigami, especially a shinigami who currently has your head locked...with one hand, but Kogasa doesn't know who this mysterious head grappler is. Besides, it's instinct, and being rushed by that mass of a tongue with the momentum it has to gain before reaching its target wouldn't feel at all pleasant. Hopefully enough to make death flinch at least. And if it didn't, there were more makeshift tongue-fists where that one came from.

"H-hey, what's the big idea, I haven't done anything wrong!!"

Kogasa squirms even more as her head is squeezed all the while her umbrella works frantically in an attempt to free her. By youkai standards, she was right. Some youkai needed to feed off of fear and surprise. Kogasa is one such youkai. It's not her problem if she's so powerful it causes this much noise, she's just doing what needs to be done. The injustice of it all only feeds into the cursed umbrella's unseen personage, making it grow ever more suffocating.

Details aside, Kogasa'a pitiful struggle against Komachi's overwhelming presence would do little to convince the new interlopers that a poor, innocent, defenseless umbrella girl was being anything but picked on by a powerful, cruel, aggressive scythe girl.

"Let me go!"

There's a woman with a death-grip on her head, and Kogasa was growing angrier by the minute. It wouldn't be long until she was in full on tantrum mode. Unfortunately, youkai seldom fear out of ignorance; afterall, this is the very thing that feeds many of them when it infects humans. Being completely unaware of just how much peril she was really in, Kogasa knows no reason to be anything but angry with the shinigami's overbearing presence as it threatens to subdue her own growing feelings of hatred, anger, sadness, and disgust.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 25 May 2013 05:11

Komachi was no oni, but she was certainly more than capable of physically restraining Kogasa. As the girl's human body struggled in the shinigami's death grip, the umbrella body was easily deflected by Komachi's scythe. She shook the girl a bit as she started to speak.

“I'll tell you what you did wrong.” The reapers voice seethed with annoyance and malice. “I was enjoying a nice leisurely stroll, shopping in the village. When suddenly every one starts running and screaming.”

A growl escaped her throat. “A nice day... Ruined by a cursed tool!”

Marisa's question caught her attention. She turned her head to face the witch, her red eyes giving a sharp look to the new arrival. The ferryman sneered before she responded. “Me? ME! You think I did this!”

By this time Kogasa's flailing, and tongued umbrella assualt. Were really starting to wear on what little patience Komachi had left. She raised the hand holding the karakasa's head, and with a might swing, launched her at Marisa. “Don't you feel it? Her cursed aura?” Her voice instantly shifted from rage to something almost pathetic. “She ruined my tea and cakes...”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Tenshi Hinanawi » 25 May 2013 22:54

"Well well, what do we have here...?"

A voice, filled to the brim with delight and amusement, spoke out from near the ground. The carefree celestial slowly made her way over to the source of the commotion, leisurely floating atop one of her oh so comfy keystones a few centimeters of the ground. Her expression did well to reflect her amusement, looking to the ordinary witch, the pouting shinigami, the amazing flying karakasa, and the...who was that?

Willing to do anything to escape from the confinement of complete boredom known as Heaven, Tenshi had gotten used to spending her time watching over the menial tasks of every day humans. While it might have sounded boring to someone else, it was a form of entertainment that possibly someone only of her status could understand. So it was no surprise that, upon seeing a huge change in the norm, Tenshi would decide to go check it out.

And by huge change, she of course meant the peaceful little humans screaming and panicking in fear.

"I would have never guessed to meet the shinigami terrorizing the place like this. Even without my sword, I'm sure your temperament would conjure up something catastrophic right about now," she joked with a sly grin. Of course, Tenshi knew which of the three- er, four was the anomaly of this picture. The village reeked of something foul, and it was coming from that umbrella girl. It was quite unpleasant, but at the same time intriguing.

At the very least, it wasn't boring.

"Ah, don't mind me. Feel free to handle the situation however you'd like. I'm sure your boss wouldn't mind you reaping one small youkai," she said, gaze shifting from Komachi over to Marisa, "And it's your job to handle stuff like this, isn't it? You are human after all."
Tenshi Hinanawi
Main Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 08 Jun 2013 00:11

It seems there was a group of very odd beings gathering for this event and they were easily putting Marisa on center stage like always. The witch signed as there was nothing to be gained here, other than gaining fame from defeating the lazy but irritable shinigami, thwarting her evil plan to the villagers to the other side. So now that has been thought up there was a lot to be gained but at the same time, it was a shinigami.

Playing through her head over and over again, the outcome would be in her liking if she did manage to survive Komachi’s temper tantrum, but thing she realized something was off and that was a Karakasa being hurled at her, using her quick agility to escape the throwing umbrella technique only to turn her head at the sight of a celestial. After listening to her pointed out question, she just narrows her eyes at Tenshi as if she was up to something but shrugs it off and turns her attention back to Komachi, hovering up slightly on that broom of hers.

“I have no idea what your aim is here. Come to think of it I’m questioning why you were strolling around and complaining about tea and cakes but that isn’t the issue. The only thing I feel is that you’re causing a bit of trouble and as a human you give me no choice but to utterly and completely team up with this Celestial! But I’ll give you a choice, you can stay and fight or you can leave very scathe.”

Dispite the unease of talking to a Shinigami, the witch was still going to hold her ground and make tenshi do all the fighting. It only seemed fair. And there was a thrown, Umbrella, but she'll get better. Hasn't even taken a notice to Koishi yet. Much more important things to do!
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Postby Koishi Komeiji » 10 Jun 2013 01:26

"Ow, ow, ow, ow."

So many people coming out of nowhere! Koishi's brain was starting to hurt a little bit. Still, she tried to keep her slightly-peeved, slightly-pensive expression on full blast; No one was paying any attention to her! Being intrinsically unnoticeable, after all, had its downsides.

But this strange amalgamation of fear, anger, wonder, and ambivalence slowly coalescing around her was, at the least, troublesome. Somewhat more troublesome than all of the people still running around screaming their lungs out. Koishi wasn't that great a judge of the intensity of any situation. The umbrella (Or rather, the woman holding it) seemed to be close to being executed by the scythe (Also known as the lady wielding it). That was cause for some interest, right?

"Cursed aura!" Koishi shouted above everyone else, suddenly bursting into full appearance. "That's it!" She spun around in the air flourishing her hands. "You!" Her finger slowly trailed along with the flailing karakasa. "You're cursed, aren't you? That's why all of these people are running around devoid of their subconscious, right?"

She felt almost proud of herself. But what was this, a social experiment? Koishi frowned. She hadn't really gotten very far.
Koishi Komeiji
Alternate Character

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 14 Jun 2013 08:10

By this time Kogasa's flailing, and tongued umbrella assualt. Were really starting to wear on what little patience Komachi had left. She raised the hand holding the karakasa's head, and with a might swing, launched her at Marisa.

Just like that, the umbrella was thrown away. Just like before, she was tossed to the side like an unwanted piece of trash.

“Don't you feel it? Her cursed aura?”

Had nothing changed? Was this new power not enough to change even a single thing?

Her voice instantly shifted from rage to something almost pathetic. “She ruined my tea and cakes...”

Hearing these words, something inside Kogasa snaps. Feelings 100 years in the making began to surge unabated now. Completely unrestrained from the glimmer of joy that terrorizing the villagers had provided, the umbrella girl lays where she landed, silently, as a faint purple aura begins to form around her. It provides just a glimpse of the internal floodgates that were opened. For the subconscious privy, it would no doubt be overwhelming to take in all at once.

"Tea and cakes..."

Kogasa growls under her breath.

"You threw me away..."

Kogasa is trembling now as she stands to her feet. She looks up to shoot a hateful glare directly at Komachi, one unlike anyone could have ever imagined coming from the cheery old umbrella before. It would be jarring to anyone who has met Kogasa, surprising even, just how different she was today. Even her umbrella half's static eye seems to radiate pure, unbridled spite towards the death god.

She was having a meltdown, but this time, it was on display for the entire world to see. Unlike never before, Kogasa actually feels like a real threat. Though the curse does nothing to make her physically stronger, woe to the one who underestimates the power behind a century's worth of emotional damage. Before, she would have simply screamed and threw a tantrum, only to run away crying bitter tears when it became obvious how helpless she is in trying to stand her ground. Not today, no, not now. Not after she was thrown to the side like that. It didn't matter who Komachi was, it didn't matter how strong Komachi was, there was only thing that mattered now.

"You threw me away, over some god damned tea and cakes?!"

Screaming her angst, the once faint purple aura is radiating now. Its glow casts a sinister light upon the umbrella, now standing in stark contrast to her usual self. By now, all of the villagers had boarded themselves within the confines of their homes, else they have found makeshift cover in the form of upturned outdoor stalls and benches. The uncomfortable silence left in their wake allows Kogasa's cry to echo powerfully through the village.

"Damn your tea and cakes, damn it all to hell! Damn you for throwing me away, I'll throw you away!"

There are a number of words that would accurately describe Kogasa currently, livid is one of them. Unbridled rage is another good way of putting it. Needless to say, the capacity for critical thinking has long left the building, and this couldn't become more apparent than when Kogasa takes to the sky and starts spraying danmaku everywhere. With a ferocious energy that rage enables, Kogasa begins spraying purple danmaku in all directions. She haphazardly throws clusters of bullets in thick, quickly moving swarms, all the while letting out an enraged howl not characteristic of her usual self at all. To make matters worse, the bullets all seem to glow with a bit of that purple aura, giving them a rather intense glow and making it hard to judge what parts where actually bullet and non-bullet in the umbrella's onslaught.

And if one could make out the cheery forgotten umbrella's eyes out through all the chaos, they would see tears running down her cheeks.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 27 Jun 2013 03:20

The situation was going from bad to worse, and going quickly. Marisa still wasn't thinking straight, that annoying celestial just showed up, and to top it all of the karakasa obake just lost all all of her sense. The shinigami needed to act, and quickly.

Fortunately for Komachi, she was a quick thinker, when the situation called for it, and unlike Kogasa, she was able to keep her wits when she was mad. Also in her favor the perfect patsy had just arrived, and was as irritating as ever. The reaper weaved left and right to get clear of a few bullets. Then she came to a complete stop. A ring of pinkish energy surrounded her. Tenshi, and anyone paying attention to her, saw the same ring appear around herself. In the blink of an eye the celestial was in Komachi's place, and right in the middle of danmaku field.

Komachi on the other hand was now comfortably close to the ground. With a scowl on her face she raised a hand with a card in it. “Spellcard! Hell: 'Narrow Confines of Avici!'”

The deceleration was little more than an angry shout. The ferryman poured an immense amount of power into the spell. Likely far more than the spellcard rules actually allowed. Pink energy engulfed her scythe. She raised the weapon overhead and brought it down with a mighty swing. The blade planted itself into the ground. In that instant a small line of the same pink energy came down on the umbrella girl. It quickly erupted into a massive pillar of energy that forced Kogasa to the ground.

It was if the very arms of the dead were pulling her down. The light faded as quickly as it had come into being. Using her distance manipulation Komachi moved to Kogasa's location with just a single step. She towered over the umbrella. Glaring down, she spun the scythe in her hand, and slammed the top of the blade down next to Kogasa's head.

“Listen, and listen well, little umbrella. A tool that is no longer useful will be discarded. A tool that insights chaos and fear is of no use to anyone. If you are being tossed aside, it is of no one's fault but your own.”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Tenshi Hinanawi » 01 Jul 2013 16:45

My my, what a shame. Despite having been satisfied with just playing the innocent(?) bystander for the time being, it seemed that she had already being pulled into things against her will. Indeed, how so very very troublesome.

What? Grinning? Don't be silly.

Well, in truth, she /was/ sorta bothered at how the black-white decided to make the celestial her ally without her own say in the matter. "Hmph! Know your place, human. Kneel upon the earth and grovel a bit, and only then may I consider it," she retorted, grinning pompously as she reclined a bit her keystone. Still, she had to admit, she didn't dislike that part of Marisa. If anything, her..."unique" attitude did well to amuse her.

Just as Tenshi was about to stumble upon the answer of why someone like Marisa had so many friends, the situation looked to take a drastic change. Even without witnessing it with her own eyes, the celestial could definitely feel it; the violent shift of Kogasa's spirit. Just as Tenshi was going to analyze the girl's ominous temperament, the skies starting to rain with what could be the equivalent of emotional danmaku.

Tenshi sighed.

Without an ounce of worry or surprise on her face, the girl of heaven pushed herself off of her keystone. In what could only be described as a fiery blaze of scarlet, Tenshi's treasured sword would suddenly materialize within her hand. Gripping the sword's hilt, Tenshi looked up to the approaching rain of bullets. While not all to worried about the possible damage those bullets could do to a celestial body like her's, the thought of being touched by bullets stained with such a dark, impure aura did not sit too well with her. So, for her sake (and possibly the sake of the earth as well), Tenshi decided it was best to cut a few of them down.

One swing upward to gather temperament...

"Scarlet Sword Temperament!"

And a downward slash to-

"Huh..?" With her attention solely focused on Kogasa and her rage filled attack, Tenshi found herself forgetting of the scythe wielding ferryman; long enough to be caught off guard by the sudden change in setting. The girl would stumble a bit, suddenly being forced to hover in order to keep from dropping like a keystone. To make things better, she had, by fault of Komachi, become the scapegoat of Kogasa's frustration. "...."

Tenshi could only frown with displeasure.

Like Komachi, the celestial did well to think on her feet (in the air?). Only taking a brief moment to regain her sense of direction, Tenshi continued with what she had planned from the start. With one heavy downward swing of her blade, a condensed wave of scarlet temperament flew from the sword's edge, completely engulf any incoming bullets.

"Bad move, ferryman."

Despite having been previously annoyed by the shinigami's sudden trick, Tenshi now found herself watching the scene below with an eager grin. Indeed, had she been left alone, the heavenly girl might have behaved like a good little bystander. However, given that Komachi had made the first move, she now had good enough incentive to join in the fun, right?

Thus, she threw her sword.

Contrary to what one may have thought, Komachi would not be the target of her action, nor would her sword suddenly come back to her in mid flight. Cutting through the air like a spinning disk, the sword sped down towards the fallen umbrella before stabbing perfectly down at the ground next to her. From there, the sword gave off wide burst of scarlet mist into the sky. Almost instantly after this did the weather suddenly shift to reflect Kogasa's current nature:

雷鳴の台風 - Thunderous Typhoon

The sound of thunder and lightning charging within the cloudy skies would echo throughout the entire Human Village; possibly even farther then that. After another strong crack of thunder that nearly shook the entire ground, the voice of the celestial would scream out to Kogasa.

"Rise, youkai!!" Tenshi cried out, staring at Kogasa with burning, passion filled eyes, "Rise, and fight! Prove your worth! If you were discarded for losing your usefulness, then prove that you are still indeed useful! Do well to remember where you stand! This is Gensokyo! A land that thrives on both fear and chaos! Without fear, your kind would have died out, would they not?!" Tenshi paused as the sky gave off another booming echo of thunder. "'In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity'. There are many who value fear and chaos, and would gladly make use of you! With that said, do you still choose to lose faith? Do you still plan to waste this one possible chance to finally prove your worth?!"

Tenshi's grin spread wide on her face, her eyes giving the look of an obvious villain amongst the group.

"Now rise!! Rise with this celestial's blessing!! Rise, and show everyone the folly of throwing you away!!!" Were the umbrella girl to answer to Tenshi's bold declaration, Komachi (as well as anyone else seen as a threat to Kogasa) would find themselves having to deal with the raging wind and constant bolts of lightning crashing down upon them. Thankfully, of course, dodging lightning wasn't too hard a feat in the world of Gensokyo.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Main Character

Postby Kogasa Tatara » 27 Jul 2013 01:00

According to some people, you can only see red once you're consumed by senseless rage. For Kogasa, it would prove to be a thick purple miasma instead. Hot and suffocating, no matter which way she moved, she could not escape the violent fog. It only seemed to grow thicker and more consuming the more she lashed out with her raining fury. No matter how hopeless the situation seemed, Kogasa could neither recognize her futile struggle to break free from the infuriating cloud, nor could she calm herself from futily trashing against it. Such are the perils of giving into one's own unbridled rage.

The more she struggled, the more the miasma pushed back, and the more it pushed against its source, the more infuriated Kogasa would grow. This fruitless struggle would continue on, until the cursed umbrella felt something tugging at her. No sooner did the karakasa feel this new force, did she notice the sudden pink flash parting through the endless purple haze. In an instant, the slight pulling sensation became a sudden slam, pushing the dazed tsukumogami to the ground. Finally making sense of her new position, laying flat on her back, Kogasa can barely make out a shadow in the fog. This shadow spoke out to her in a clear, firm voice.

"Listen, and listen well, little umbrella. A tool that is no longer useful will be discarded. A tool that insights chaos and fear is of no use to anyone. If you are being tossed aside, it is of no one's fault but your own.”

The words seemed to make sense in an odd way, even if scathing in tone. It takes Kogasa a moment to notice the scythe pressed firmly against the ground to the right of her head. Was the shadowy figure offering a gesture of guidance? Beginning to tire of the endless purple maze, the umbrella girl starts to reach out hesitantly.

If only life were so simple.

Not a moment later, what felt like an earthquake occured. The purple miasma overhead began to condense and rumble. It was a sound all too familiar to Kogasa: thunder. What's more, the karakasa takes note to a second object: a blade sunk firmly into the ground to her left of her head. Looking up, Kogasa is barely able to make out another shadowy figure. This shadow spoke to her in a loud, booming voice.

"Rise, youkai!!"

The hazy figure became more defined, Kogasa could tell that it was looking directly at her.

"Rise, and fight! Prove your worth! If you were discarded for losing your usefulness, then prove that you are still indeed useful! Do well to remember where you stand! This is Gensokyo! A land that thrives on both fear and chaos! Without fear, your kind would have died out, would they not?!"

The purple sky roared with another echo of thunder

"'In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity'. There are many who value fear and chaos, and would gladly make use of you! With that said, do you still choose to lose faith? Do you still plan to waste this one possible chance to finally prove your worth?!"

So there the umbrella lay, caught between two forces tugging at her. It was like the classic situation of devil on one shoulder, angel on the other, with both vying for their host's approval. The irony here was that death was the angel and the angel was, well, the devil. Kogasa's figurative angel sought to pull her back to earth and ground her in the true nature of her struggle, while the figurative devil flew high in the sky, tempting her with the power to soar over her problems altogether and gain so much more.

"Now rise!! Rise with this celestial's blessing!! Rise, and show everyone the folly of throwing you away!!!"

As is often the unfortunate case, the devil's offer is far more tempting than anything the angel can reason. Without the hesitancy in reaching to the scythe earlier, Kogasa extends her hand to the blade. Gripping it, she bears her weight down on it to hoist herself back to her feet. Removing it from the earth, the cursed umbrella answers Tenshi's call by raising the devilish celestial's blade skyward.

"I hear you angel, help me punish my enemies and show them their mistake!"

As soon as Kogasa answers Tenshi's edict, lightning stikes, connecting with the blade in her hands. The jolt returns the blade to its rightful owner, but not before imparting a gift. It was at this moment that the purple haze parted from the karakasa's immediate view, instead retreating skyward to feed the raging storm overhead. The concussive force of the strike would push the shinigami back, allowing the umbrella girl to float back overhead undisturbed. The storm immediately began flooding the village with rapid successions of chain lightning and high winds. Though the strikes were wild, there was a noticeable pattern of focus on the shinigami. While not in her direct command, Kogasa would not be a victim of her own emotional storm; the celestial's rousing speech had imparted the tsukumogami with the gift of clarity through her rage.

If Komachi or Marisa were going to play the part of damage control, they had better act fast. Though villagers have long since found cover, out of the spiteful umbrella's now very dangerous sight, it would do them little good if the village were to break out into mass, lightning induced fire. Kogasa won't waste any time pulling out an actual spellcard of her own either, something far more focused and devastating than her prior outburst.
Kogasa Tatara
Forum/IRC Moderator

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 24 Aug 2013 20:14

For only a moment it seemed things were going well. The umbrella girl was beginning to see where she had been mistaken. And then that damnedable blade sunk into the ground next to her. In an instant Komachi's work had been undone.

The shinigami could feel the spirits in the area cry out as they were once again absorbed into the mist. It seemed the celestial never learned. She was forced to stagger back a few steps at the burst ofe power, and the sudden lightning strikes. Komachi was beginning to remember why she cared so little for that brat. She should have simply claimed her prize the last time they met.

She was now faced with a battle on two fronts, and the collateral damage could be catastrophic this time. There was a wild card in the mix though. Marisa's self proclaims 'incident resolution' might just be useful now. Hopefully she was ready to act now.

With a swing of her scythe, the reaper cut a path through the cage of lightning that held her. Now freed she shot upwards toward Tenshi. As she passed by Marisa, she left her with a plan. “You handle the karakasa-obake. I'll stop the flow of power from the sword of Hisou!”

Near the end of her flight Komachi pulled back her scythe, and gave a powerful upward swing at Tenshi.
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Marisa Kirisame » 25 Aug 2013 02:41

To be honest, Marisa was just going to let the group tire themselves out before jumping into the fray as Damage wasn’t being done to the village or at least not that much that it couldn’t be rebuilt. Plus with her overseeing the fight she was slowly regaining her senses from the curse the umbrella placed in the area, now feeling like herself and thinking she can easily put a stop to this little brawl, more so since Tenshi had now decided to join the karakasa and figured out, thanks to Koishi really pointing it out earlier before disappearing, so maybe it was time to focus on the umbrella as Komachi decided to take on the celestial.

Taking flight onto her broom, she would fly right behind the Shinigami, using her to mask her flight pattern before she grins with a plan, reeving her flight speed up, she shoots out from behind Komachi as a trail of star shaped danmaku sprays behind her as she was now flying at ramming speed towards Kogasa.

But the witch doesn’t just do a single attack action, that’s not her style. In fact, she was hoping that she was going to dodge it as one of her hand was focusing on the youkai, training her sights on the opponent as she was going to give her a tasty laser to go with the high speed broom ram. “It’s cute for you to show up and think you can punish the human for your failures, but I think it’s time I fold you up and rain on your parade!”
Marisa Kirisame
Main Character

Next

Return to Human Village