[Ask First] Friends of Faith

Locations: Village School, Hieda House

[Ask First] Friends of Faith

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 07 May 2013 04:05

Komachi made her way up the stone path to the temple. It had been a while since her last visit. She took in a scenery a bit more this time. It was quite a bit easier when she wasn't carrying in an unconscious Ichirin in the middle of the night. The grounds were tidy, and well kept. It felt like the position of every stone had been meticulously planned. All in all it was kind of boring.

People liked to do just about everything on a grand scale. Their worship was no different. After seeing over and over again for so long, it just wasn't as striking anymore. Still thoughts about the courtayrd weren't the reason she had decided to pay a visit. It was time to see just how well her nun friend had learned.

It wasn't odd to her that she had yet to encounter anyone. It wasn't a prime worship time, and it looked like most of the days chores had been handled. By her guess most of the residents were likely off reciting sutras or... something. She passed into the main hall, and gave a quick look around. There were a few worshipers prayin, and some milling about in the hall. It was all just what she had expected. Very peaceful, kind of nice in fact, but now wasn't the time for that. She was here to find Ichirin.
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Re: [Ask First] Friends of Faith

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 09 May 2013 05:29

If Komachi finds Myouren to be "done in a grand scale", she clearly doesn't have much experience with the way Temples usually work outside Gensokyo. While there are plenty of treasures stored inside, owing to the fact that Shou and Nazri basically trip over valuable treasures with regularity, Byakuren had designed the decoration of the temple for "welcoming" rather than "awe-inspiring" from moment one, making it sort of small and unassuming by the generally garish standards of Temples (still a pretty grand building when you compare it to things like the Hakurei Shrine, though, to be admitted).

As she steps inside, though, she's going to hear a soft voice coming fro the side.

"Good morning, miss Onozuka. It's good to see you again"

Indeed, coming from a near corridor is Byakuren, looking as peaceful as ever. She seems to be carrying some scrolls, and smiles at Komachi. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?"
You don't need a reason to help people. You're reason enough.
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 18 May 2013 04:43

Komachi turned and greeted the monk with a smile. She figured it would go without saying that her reason for visiting had little to do with worship. After all, what would a goddess need to worship another god for? It was probably best to cut to the chase.

“Hello Byakuren. I was actually here to check on Ichirin. Haven't seen her for a while, and I was on a break from work.”

Shge eyed the scrolls a bit before pointing to them. “Sutras?”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 18 May 2013 20:47

"Ah, of course. I will take you to her, then. She's doing some work. I gave her a bit extra after she lost control a few days back" Byakuren nods placidly, and motions at Komachi to follow her inwards.

At the question on the scrolls, she shakes her head, with a smile. "Nothing so spiritual, I'm afraid. They are just old medicine scrolls. My brother was a great doctor, in addition to a monk. People in the outside world seem to be ceasing to believe that he ever existed, so some of his old works are finding their way into Gensokyo" she mentions conversationally.
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 25 May 2013 05:24

Komachi nodded and followed behind the monk. “I see. It's a sad thing when knowledge is lost, like that.”

She wanted to ask more questions about the scrolls, but that would have to wait, as she had something more important she wanted to ask about at the moment. She followed a long for a few moments in silence. Before she spoke again.

“So, has Ichirin learned to lighten up a bit? … Or is she still foolishly pushing herself to limits that don't need to tested?” In truth, this was the reason she had decided to visit. Running into Byakuren first was a plus. Now she could get a true answer on how her friend was doing, rather than the face she know the nun would try to put on.
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Ichirin Kumoi » 01 Jun 2013 19:13

Achoo!!
Mmm... Strange, it's kinda warm in this time of the year for me to be sneezing.

It was a peaceful day at Myouren. Ichirin was doing extra chores for the time being, after the incident involving Sanae. Luckily the priestess was feeling better, as she already had visited her, but she still had to pay for her lack of control. Unzan was all well too, but he was forbid to help the nun for the time being. She needed to do it alone, a part of her disciplinary training. After all, she couldn't make Unzan pay for something she did.

Whew... That puts a lot of the chores away. Still, I have many things to do the next days, so I can't lazy around.
... Hmm? What did you say Unzan? ... You shouldn't worry, I'm fine. It's not the first time I was put to do those chores for my lack of discipline. I accepted my conditions because I know I still need to grow up. Those two years were something to never forget, I learned a lot, much more than when we were at the Underworld.
Please, could you find Byakuren-sama and ask if she needs me to do anything else? I still have lots of energy to spare, so I want to do as much as I can. I know it's not part of her orders, but I need to prove to myself that I can pay for my sins.

The old man looked directly at Ichirin's eyes, and resentfully nodded and agreed to search for the head monk. That girl was a lost cause in that point, she always overdid herself and took pride in it, talk about liking to suffer without necessity. Unzan turned and went to the outer temple, looking for Byakuren.
<RoboReimu> i'm pretty damn scary
Ichirin Kumoi
Forum Moderator

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 01 Jun 2013 20:17

"It is. But on the other hand, it does let me finally have a memento from my dear brother. The wheel turns" Byakuren smiles, just making conversation.

On the next part, she sighs. "She and the maiden of Moriya were to have a friendly duel. Instead, both of them got so into it that they lost control, and pushed themselves to those very limits, which was entirely unnecessary. She almost caused very serious, lasting harm to her friend Unzan and to the maiden of Moriya, who she also counts as a friend, because she refused to back down. I imagine I don't have to tell you why this doesn't reflect well on how much she really learned about what was said the last time we met, miss Onozuka." Byakuren sighs again. Ichirin really always had a lot of trouble with the "master yourself" part of Buddhism.

A moment later, though, the cloud man himself appears, to which Byakuren nods, smiling. "Good day, Unzan. Please, would you be so kind to fetch Ichirin? Miss Onozuka is here to see her"
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 08 Jun 2013 20:53

“Somehow, I'm not surprised.” Komachi slowly shook her head with that statement. Ichirin was a stubborn one, and even though she didn't like to admit it, she was prone to letting her emotions get the best of her. At least that's how it seemed in Komachi's experience.

The shinigami gave Unzan a warm smile. She leaned into her scythe a bit, taking a very leisurely pose. “Good to see you again, Old Man.” The tone of her voice carried the bit of fun she was poking at the nyuudou.

While they waited for Unzan, Komachi thought it would be a good time for mindless small talk. “So... What's new around her, Miss Monk?”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Ichirin Kumoi » 15 Jun 2013 13:39

Unzan kindly nodded to Komachi as a greeting, and bowed before Byakuren as she asked the old man to bring Ichirin. Quickly he turned into a pinkish mist, faster than his usual head form and went to the nun's side.

Welcome back, my friend. So, what Byakuren-sama needs?
... Hm? Komachi is here? And she wants to see me? Now that's a invigorating surprise! Let us go as fast as we can, we can't let a friend and our master wait!

The nun put her working tools aside for a bit and walked fast to the temple's entrance direction. as she got closer, she saw the imposing figures of the shinigami and the head monk. Somehow, Komachi managed to rival Byakuren's height and body build, which was kinda impressive. Ichrin felt a bit nerfed while on their side, but that was no matter now. Quickly she took the dust out of her clothes and bowed politely to both.

Thanks for calling us, Byakuren-sama.
Welcome to our humble temple and home, Komachi. It's a pleasure to see a good friend again, and an even bigger one to know you came here to talk to me.
Ichirin Kumoi
Forum Moderator

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 22 Jun 2013 11:02

"Not much, in truth" Byakuren smiles, keeping Komachi's light conversation. "There is some religious rivalry sparking, but it's not, on the whole, much worth mentioning. But it does seem our Temple is growing more popular, and we are making some strides in improving human-youkai relationships. Gensokyo is truly an interesting place" the monk says placidly.

It's about then that Ichirin arrives. "Ah, good morning, Ichirin. Miss Onozuka came by to see you. I trust your chores are going well?"
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 27 Jun 2013 03:47

Komachi nodded to Byakuren, before she turned a flat stare onto Ichirin. With her right arm she raised her scythe a few centimeters from the ground, and with a twist of the wrist brought the back of the blade down on Ichirin's head. The blow wasn't hard enough to hurt the nun, but it was certainly felt. “Learn from your mistakes already...”

After she returned the scythe to a resting position, she smiled at her friend. “It seems you've been busy. Causing trouble again, as I hear it. You know the definition of insanity is preforming the same task the same way, and expecting different results.”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Ichirin Kumoi » 05 Jul 2013 21:47

Yes master, I've done almost all of the morning chores that you assigned to me. In fact, I sent Unzan just to ask if you need anything else to be done, as I have quite the energy to spare today.

As the nun was waiting for Byakuren's answer, her eyes met Komachi's sharp stare, and before she knew it, she was whacked on the head. She could feel the weight of the blow, and instantly knew the head monk already had told her of the incident with Sanae.

... I guess I deserve it.

But different from their previous meeting, when Ichirin had an apologetic tone to her voice, this time she smiled, going with the situation pretty well. At least, much better than before. Unzan just observated the situation with a relieved expression, he was hapy that his partner was way more light-hearted than last time.

I can relate, I'm always trying to get better and better doing the same routine. Maybe I should try something else? I'm open to sugestions, especially coming from a friend wiser than me.
Ichirin Kumoi
Forum Moderator

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 16 Jul 2013 21:24

Byakuren, on her end, is simply staying silently to the side, letting the two talk. Ichirin needs to hear concern not only from her master, but her friends as well. So she's just staying back and letting the scene follow - and has to be said it's kind of uncanny just how much she manages to fade into the background for being huge and having clear multicolored hair!

(Nothing really to say this turn, sorry)
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 20 Jul 2013 21:16

Komachi just shook here head. Ichirin was a stubborn one, but her heart was in the right place. She turned her body a bit more to be sure to include Byakuren in the conversation.

“Well that isn't the only reason for my visit. I've heard you've stirring some commotion lately. Seems there was quite the disturbance in the village recently. I'm not really sure of all the details, but as I understand it your temple had a bit of a conflict with the saint, and the Hakurei miko.”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Ichirin Kumoi » 27 Jul 2013 21:20

When the word commotion was said y the tall shinigami, Ichirin couldn't help to straighten up again, losing the relaxed posture she had while surrounded by friends. Somehow turbulent times were coming up, and the whole spectrum of religions in Gensoyow as affected.

Yes, we had an unusual situation when we suddenly saw ourselves in the middle of a dueling contest for popularity. Somehow the humans and lesser youkais were being affected by the unbalanced powers of a mask tsukumogami who controlled emotions. We had to distract people in order to investigate better. Master went to try to solve the issue with the perpretator, but in the end she was just confused and lost, and so Byakuren-sama offered her a place in our home to learn Buddhism and control her emotions. Now she's free, and keeping near the Hakurei Temple since she had a second burst.
I just got involved when I saw Master wasn't here, so I went to investigate myself. However, I did nothing in comparsion to what Byakuren-sama did.

The nun kept speaking about her master in an awe-inspiring tone. Byakuren was the perfect person for Ichirin, caring, strong and fully aware of her duties and destiny. The role model the nun always tried to follow.
Ichirin Kumoi
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Human Village