[Ask First] Friends of Faith

Locations: Village School, Hieda House

Re: [Ask First] Friends of Faith

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 03 Aug 2013 09:08

"Yes, it was something of an event. Poor girl had one her masks stolen, and so was unbalanced. Miss Futatsuiwa offered emotional support, and I offered spiritual help should she need it to regain her center. I think she's doing better by now. Still, I was intending to go check on her in a couple days, to see how she was doing" Byakuren clearly waves off the popularity contest thing. To her it seems that that part was the least important part compared to helping victimized youkai.

"And you did very well with what you knew, Ichirin. I simply did not tell you because I did not wish to disrupt your training for such a minor matter as the crown prince's followers' desire to show off" the tall monk allows herself a moment of lightness and winks to her disciple.
You don't need a reason to help people. You're reason enough.
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 24 Aug 2013 20:19

Komachi simply listened and nodded at both explinations. This wasn't th way she had heard the story, but it seemed like the temple wanted to save face some. That was fine. Appearance was everything, after all. She couldn't help but smile as the master and pupil shared a warm moment between themselves.

She rested her arm on the top of the scythe and leaned a little further into it. With her other hand she pointed in the general direction of both Byakuren and Ichirin. “You know I didn't really get a chance to look around last time I was here. I'd like to see more of the place, and meet a few other residents.”
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Ichirin Kumoi » 24 Aug 2013 21:27

Ichirin was happy to be praised, and even more from her own master. Surely that was a nice moment for her, after all the problem she caused with Sanae in their duel. But that's was past, her focus was on present now, and the nice visit of Komachi to her home! And when she herad the shinigami's desire to visit the other parts of the temple, the nun couldn't help to voice her enthusiasm.

It's going to be a pleasure of mine to show you our humble temple, Komachi! Please, follow me, we'll try to search for the other followers while we make the tour.
Byakuren-sama, do you wish to go together with us? I ask you because I don't know if you're busy at the moment.
<RoboReimu> i'm pretty damn scary
Ichirin Kumoi
Forum Moderator

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 31 Aug 2013 19:09

"By all means, miss Onozuka" Byakuren nods, with a small bow. "This temple is open to all."

"I would, however, ask that you stay away from the easternmost area. We have set up a small infirmary for wounded youkai there, and I fear that some of the worse-off patients might take the sight of a shinigami coming into the room the wrong way" the monk smiles with a little apologetic head tilt.

"And I can walk with you for a short while, Ichirin. This is your tour, however, so I do not intend to explain anything. It is your responsibility to show your home to your friend. Consider me another visitor, if you'd like" the woman says softly, with a hint of playfulness.
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Postby Komachi Onozuka » 14 Sep 2013 04:34

The ferryman was pleased to hear their responses. She hefted her scythe and rested it against her shoulder. Of course Komachi was no fool. There were probably those who would tremble in fear at the sight of her. Probably more so if they were currently unwell.

“Well then, by all means, lead on.”

(Sorry you had to wait for something so short, but I don't really know how much more I can add right now.)
Komachi Onozuka
Main Character

Postby Ichirin Kumoi » 14 Sep 2013 21:49

Thank you, Byakuren-sama.
Komachi, please follow me, I'll show you our temple.

With a wide smile, Ichirin turned to the western side of the temple, making a signal for Komachi and Byakuren to follow her. As instructed, she would keep away from the youkai infirmary, so no better way than to start with the opposite side. Unzan reduced size and only kept his head floating over the nun's shoulder, so his own mist wouldn't be a distraction.

"On the western side of our temple, aside from part of our rooms, is the garden where we cultivate part of what we consume on the temple. We only plant things that don't require specific methods, so we get the rest of our supplies from the village. Even so, I can say we are almost getting self-sufficient in the food department.
We also tend to fruit trees more in the back of the temple. They offer a nice shade to the youkai visitors that want to rest, and to us too when we have a break. It's quite pleasant.

Garden covered, the nun would guide shinigami and head monk to the center of the temple, the open field where most ceremonies were performed. And when free, it doubled as a place for meditation and training, so one could tend to body, mind and spirit.
<RoboReimu> i'm pretty damn scary
Ichirin Kumoi
Forum Moderator

Postby Byakuren Hijiri » 21 Sep 2013 20:11

Byakuren follows silently, smiling calmly as ever, as they move through the Temple. Whether she's satisfied or not at Ichirin's explanation is hard to gauge, since Byakuren is so hard to read.

When they move into the main open field, though, the view is probably something that will require some explanation as well, given that Byakuren's smallest pupils are still hard at training there - a couple dozen tiny dolls clad in cute tiny saffron robes practicing katas is not exactly something one sees every day. They stop on seeing the group and wave, and Byakuren waves back before speaking. "As you were, pupils. I will be back in fifteen minutes to check your progress" she says, ever the merciless trainer, to a chorus of "aw"s. She then resumes pace with the other two.
Byakuren Hijiri
Main Character

Previous

Return to Human Village